• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I love Persona 5 so much more than P3 and P4 which I didn't enjoyed at all, it's crazy.

Getting 4 accessories recovering 7 SP per turn (baton touch counts as a turn too) cost me 200k, but it made being in Mementos forever possible. It's a blessing (sitting on 900k right now and lv 41/42) and a curse. The reason for the latter is that once I go in, I no longer stay until I'm out of SP and end up spending way too much time there.
It also allows me to clear story dungeons in a single day, unless I can't progress for story reasons, so that's pretty great too. Strongly recommend grabbing those (
get a high enough rank with the doctor - to unlock accessories and later for lowering the price
).

It's fun to play without a wiki (aside for merging personas for
one of the coops
), but I was really curious if the game has some strange requirements for the "true ending". According to what I've found (not really a spoiler, definitely not a story one)
there is no "true" ending requiring coops on a certain level, missable events etc. It seems that people even dug through the files and didn't find any special cutscenes etc.

I'm currently at the beginning of September, with ~70 hours on the clock, but I think I can easily cut 10-20 hours from that, because I often left the game running for a long time while doing something else.

bigmac996

Damn, this game is at my local shop but I must resist the urge! Need that full English experience from the get-go!

Really glad to hear all the positive impressions from you all so far, can't wait.

I love Persona 5 so much more than P3 and P4 which I didn't enjoyed at all, it's crazy.

Getting 4 accessories recovering 7 SP per turn (baton touch counts as a turn too) cost me 200k, but it made being in Mementos forever possible. It's a blessing (sitting on 900k right now and lv 41/42) and a curse. The reason for the latter is that once I go in, I no longer stay until I'm out of SP and end up spending way too much time there.
It also allows me to clear story dungeons in a single day, unless I can't progress for story reasons, so that's pretty great too. Strongly recommend grabbing those (
get a high enough rank with the doctor - to unlock accessories and later for lowering the price
).

Do you have the name for the combinaison ?( name of the item and where to buy them ? do they appear in the military shop ? ) Being forced to exit a dongeon because of SP is a bummer. Also is there no penality for being in memento too long ? In P3 , the tartarus had death coming for you

Edit : Wait , the doctor sells those ? I need to level up my courage ASAP. Do you have any tip aside from doing the big bang challenge ?

Do you have the name for the combinaison ?( name of the item and where to buy them ? do they appear in the military shop ? ) Being forced to exit a dongeon because of SP is a bummer. Also is there no penality for being in memento too long ? In P3 , the tartarus had death coming for you

Edit : Wait , the doctor sells those ? I need to level up my courage ASAP. Do you have any tip aside from doing the big bang challenge ?
Same thing happens here if you stay too long on a floor. Just need to change floors before that.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone knows if you can complete multiple mementos missions in one visit(although I've been getting them so far only 1 at a time)? I'm in June now and have been trying to be as efficient with my time as possible hitting the usual milestones(like knowledge 3 before the mid terms).
So it always feels kind of wasteful to lose a whole day only for a single mission.

Anyone knows if you can complete multiple mementos missions in one visit(although I've been getting them so far only 1 at a time)? I'm in June now and have been trying to be as efficient with my time as possible hitting the usual milestones(like knowledge 3 before the mid terms).
So it always feels kind of wasteful to lose a whole day only for a single mission.
You can :)

14 hours in, finished the first dungeon. It's been pretty great so far, can't wait to start some Coop. Do you guys have any specific ones you recommend?

raven777

14 hours in, finished the first dungeon. It's been pretty great so far, can't wait to start some Coop. Do you guys have any specific ones you recommend?

These are just Arcana names and why I find them good but putting it in spoiler just incase someone doesn't want to know which one is good.

Death,Temperance, and Sun are really useful so far.
Death let's you buy SP recovery accessory once you reach lvl 5, and half the price at lvl 7
Sun gives you multiple money negotiation during battle so it's good to earn money
Temperance will give you extra spare times when you raise it high

These are just Arcana names and why I find them good but putting it in spoiler just incase someone doesn't want to know which one is good.

Death,Temperance, and Sun are really useful so far.
Death let's you buy SP recovery accessory once you reach lvl 5, and half the price at lvl 7
Sun gives you multiple money negotiation during battle so it's good to earn money
Temperance will give you extra spare times when you raise it high
I'll be looking for these ones then, thanks :D

kiyoaki

I just finished the second dungeon but I haven't established many social links yet, and I'im wondering if I missed out on something.
Is there a sports bukatsu link like in P4? Should I have joined a sports team at the beginning of the term? I'm asking because the whole schools seems to be sports crazy, but I somehow never met anybody who offered me to join a team.

raven777

I just finished the second dungeon but I haven't established many social links yet, and I'im wondering if I missed out on something.
Is there a sports bukatsu link like in P4? Should I have joined a sports team at the beginning of the term? I'm asking because the whole schools seems to be sports crazy, but I somehow never met anybody who offered me to join a team.

no, not that I know of so far..

PikkonX

Pains me that I can't participate with you guys until February. Only did a quick glance to avoid spoilers, but glad to hear most are enjoying it so far.

Think I listened to "Last Surprise" about 39 times today...Shoji Meguro is on a whole other level.

NesFe

Ok, I had to repeat most of the first dungeon and it kinda annoyed me. did I miss a tutorial somewhere ?

I went to clear the dungeon on 5/1 only to facepalm when I realized that I have to exit the dungeon once I get the treasure and prepare on the next day. I got a game over on 5/2 lol and had to start from 4/28 to beat it properly.

Anyways, was it mentioned that I need to clear the dungeon 3 days before the deadline ?

Xypher

Phew, finally finished my first playthrough, can't believe that I got almost 60h on the clock the way I played, but now onto my second and slow playthrough.

Phew, finally finished my first playthrough, can't believe that I got almost 60h on the clock the way I played, but now onto my second and slow playthrough.

Congratz! Would love to hear your final thoughts. Without being specific hows the ending? P3, and 4's endings both rank as some of my favorite game endings ever.

Xypher

Congratulations. I think you might be the first person on this forum to finish the game...?
Any spoiler-free final impressions?

Overall the game improved on almost everything the past games offered, so it's definitely a worthy successor, however I feel like the dungeon part of the game is significantly longer than the previous games which leads to huge playtimes as many have reported on here, which might be a negative for those that preferred the out of dungeon activities. I also enjoyed every single boss fight in P5 and I feel like it might overall have the most memorable boss fights in the series.
And also don't be stupid like me and do your mementos missions, at one point I stopped doing them and then almost got slaughtered in the later dungeons.

Given how fast combat is, and ESPECIALLY because of how awesome these handcrafted story dungeons are, longer dungeons overall is actually a huge plus to me.

Darksol

).

It's fun to play without a wiki (aside for merging personas for
one of the coops
), but I was really curious if the game has some strange requirements for the "true ending". According to what I've found (not really a spoiler, definitely not a story one)
there is no "true" ending requiring coops on a certain level, missable events etc. It seems that people even dug through the files and didn't find any special cutscenes etc.

I'm currently at the beginning of September, with ~70 hours on the clock, but I think I can easily cut 10-20 hours from that, because I often left the game running for a long time while doing something else.

Which accessories are those? Spoiler tag if necessary

Ok, I had to repeat most of the first dungeon and it kinda annoyed me. did I miss a tutorial somewhere ?

I went to clear the dungeon on 5/1 only to facepalm when I realized that I have to exit the dungeon once I get the treasure and prepare on the next day. I got a game over on 5/2 lol and had to start from 4/28 to beat it properly.

Anyways, was it mentioned that I need to clear the dungeon 3 days before the deadline ?

Clearing on the last day is meaningless now. I even guess it's encouraged to deal with the main dongeon ASAP to get more stuff

Guru-Guru

Banned
Finished dungeon 3 last night....
I like having Makoto in the party. Her transformation scene with her costume/motorcycle was pretty badass. As for the dungeon itself, the villain was kinda lame. Forgettable.

Just starting dungeon 4 and it's great so far.

By the way, how do I increase the items I can build at my workshop in my room? Right now I can just make 2 items (keypacks and something else I am forgetting).

That specifically wasn't mentioned, no, but your friends were reminding you multiple tomes per day that you needed to get your ass in gear. :p

hotsoup

Finished dungeon 3 last night....
I like having Makoto in the party. Her transformation scene with her costume/motorcycle was pretty badass. As for the dungeon itself, the villain was kinda lame. Forgettable.

Just starting dungeon 4 and it's great so far.

By the way, how do I increase the items I can build at my workshop in my room? Right now I can just make 2 items (keypacks and something else I am forgetting).

Morgona's co-op, which ranks up automatically. You can switch tabs while at the item making screen for more items available to be made.

Shouta

Woo, march towards the end of the game is now very close. Got past the important stuff just a little while ago.

Shengar

How's the overall approach of the S Link? Is it like FeMC P3P where you're not Jesus but still involved enough in people's life? Or perhaps like Vincent in Catherine who become sort of distant-but-caring listener to the bar regulars? I just hope it isn't P4 at the very least.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I need help with Dungeon 3:
the second passcode "Reap". I skipped past the notes that told me which letter = which number, and I can't seem to bring them back up, so I have no way of working out the passcode.

Does anyone playing has found a good way to leveling up the courage stat ?

I only found the big bang burger challenge .. is there a better way to raise courage ?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
SP recovering accessories:
Item name: 貼る大気功
Required SL:
Doctor
Required Lv: 5 for purchase (100k), 7 for price down to 50k if I remember correctly, might be wrong

Speaking of useful SLs, the 2nd playthrough general guide I peeked at earlier recommended getting the
Teacher
SL to level 10. It allows you to
go to the other world (I know it means Mementos, but I guess Palace too?) at night
. Sounds super useful, currently working my way towards that.
I've never seen demo stations of any game in Japan.
They're a common occurrence in big electronics stores. Mostly Wii U and 3DS though.
I feel like the dungeon part of the game is significantly longer than the previous games which leads to huge playtimes as many have reported on here, which might be a negative for those that preferred the out of dungeon activities.
I don't know if later dungeons change that, but I was able to do the
Futaba
Palace in about ~2 hours (2 in game days total), while getting through the rest of the summer holidays, which was mostly out of dungeon activities took me 6+ :(
By the way, what level were you at the end?
Woo, march towards the end of the game is now very close. Got past the important stuff just a little while ago.
Is there a huge timeskip happening somewhere after August? Like I said before, I just started September, which is only 5 months in, but SL which level up automatically are at ~7 right now and I can't imagine I have half+ of the game left.

Also, screw stat requirements, they are all over the place. Why do I need Charm at level 5 just to get past SL level 7 with one of my party members. :/
Speaking of social links, I love how useful many of the skills are - on the other hand, it's a bummer because I can't decide which I should focus on and have most on levels 3-7, with 0 on 10.

Xypher

I don't know if later dungeons change that, but I was able to do the
Futaba
Palace in about ~2 hours (2 in game days total), while getting through the rest of the summer holidays, which was mostly out of dungeon activities took me 6+ :(
By the way, what level were you at the end?

Is there a huge timeskip happening somewhere after August? Like I said before, I just started September, which is only 5 months in, but SL which level up automatically are at ~7 right now and I can't imagine I have half+ of the game left.

I finished the game around
level 70
, but I felt as though I might have been underleveled. And about the dungeons,
they definitely get longer the further you get, and by the end of the game I felt really exhausted because I kept thinking "almost done, have to finish it" yet it just kept going and going for hours.
About timeskips :
the game will skip from christmas to valentine's and then to the last day.

raven777

free costume dlc (school uniform) and the rest of the cast PS4 themes are up on PSN store.
Also the 20th anniversary special costumes and Personas are up but they are not free of course.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone playing has found a good way to leveling up the courage stat ?

I only found the big bang burger challenge .. is there a better way to raise courage ?

Books have the highest courage payout(+3) so far as long as you spend a max of one night reading them with the other time being reading on the train.
What I found the most effective so far is eating at the famires for knowledge(+2) and courage(+1). There also seems to be a charisma equivalent to that with the bathing house if you stay longer.
Also the bonuses you get from the Death link are also nice.
This got me to 4/5 courage and 4/5 knowledge being in June.
Basically I think the best way to raise courage is doing it as a secondary thing since the stat seems to need way less points(at least compared to knowledge) anyway.

Books have the highest courage payout(+3) so far as long as you spend a max of one night reading them with the other time being reading on the train.
What I found the most effective so far is eating at the famires for knowledge(+2) and courage(+1). There also seems to be a charisma equivalent to that with the bathing house if you stay longer.
Also the bonuses you get from the Death link are also nice.
This got me to 4/5 courage and 4/5 knowledge being in June.
Basically I think the best way to raise courage is doing it as a secondary thing since the stat seems to need way less points(at least compared to knowledge) anyway.

Thanks for the info ... will look in to it.
Knowledge require a shit-on of point to level up. I finished the first exam , but my knowledge was still too low despite not screwing up during classes

raven777

Thanks for the info ... will look in to it.
Knowledge require a shit-on of point to level up. I finished the first exam , but my knowledge was still too low despite not screwing up during classes

try going family restaurant and drink hot coffee. It raises both knowledge and courage.

muteki

Still meandering my way through the first dungeons events and I feel like I have a new "shit just got real" moment almost every consecutive day. I guess P4 was pretty crazy with people on telephone poles and whatnot, but still. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom