• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably didn't explain it well - two times in the last two days I've accidentally activated something so that when I hit, say, the D key my IME spits out ち or と or something instead (as far as I understand it's acting as if my Eng-layout keyboard is a Japanese one). I fixed it by jumping into the control panel and reverting from... I think it was 'kana input' back to 'romaji input', but I wanna know what I'm hitting that's making it switch inputs.

I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth between between direct kana-input and romaji input. Rather than going into Control Panel everytime, if your IME bar is visible you can just click off the KANA setting directly.

9PP9gMn.png

I'm not sure what makes Windows get it into its head that you are masochistic enough to want direct Kana input but for some reason it occasionally comes to this conclusion. Once you turned it off, you should be able to alt-~ back and forth between input modes without it coming back on again...until Windows decides once again that you should be using direct Kana input again.

If someone does know a keyboard shortcut to kill that shit it would be great. It seems to happen at the most inopportune times, like when in a full screen game with no visible access to the IME bar.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I was aiming for 2-3 SL level 10 during the post palace period, but ended up with 6. Not bad, but I should really focus on my party members. Stupid stat requirements... At least I got knowledge up to 5 before the last round of exams. Bummer that charisma really doesn't want to level up.

Lunar15

I've heard a bit about character strengths in battle, but would you guys say the cast is at all balanced? I pretty much stuck with one team throughout both P3/4, but one of the things I absolutely adored about TMS is that the entire cast was viable throughout the entire game.

I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth between between direct kana-input and romaji input. Rather than going into Control Panel everytime, if your IME bar is visible you can just click off the KANA setting directly.

9PP9gMn.png

I'm not sure what makes Windows get it into its head that you are masochistic enough to want direct Kana input but for some reason it occasionally comes to this conclusion. Once you turned it off, you should be able to alt-~ back and forth between input modes without it coming back on again...until Windows decides once again that you should be using direct Kana input again.

If someone does know a keyboard shortcut to kill that shit it would be great. It seems to happen at the most inopportune times, like when in a full screen game with no visible access to the IME bar.

Windows button + Space?

Lynx_7

I've heard a bit about character strengths in battle, but would you guys say the cast is at all balanced? I pretty much stuck with one team throughout both P3/4, but one of the things I absolutely adored about TMS is that the entire cast was viable throughout the entire game.

Just adding to this: do characters level up even if they're not in your party?

Also, I think I've heard enough impressions already, my mind is at ease. Just one little question before I leave the thread: do Hama and Mudo spells still work like in past games or did they follow Apocalypse's revamp? Been playing the latter recently and I kinda prefer the new system since I never used Hama and Mudo before and now I'm using them left and right.

Xypher

Just adding to this: do characters level up even if they're not in your party?

Also, I think I've heard enough impressions already, my mind is at ease. Just one little question before I leave the thread: do Hama and Mudo spells still work like in past games or did they follow Apocalypse's revamp? Been playing the latter recently and I kinda prefer the new system since I never used Hama and Mudo before and now I'm using them left and right.

Characters level up even if they are not in your current party, and all characters are definitely viable with all having different elements of course, so just choose a team you like and build your personas around it, about the hama and mudo rework you would have to be more specific, they are still in the game and are still insta-kills, but they added new light and dark magic which is just damaging the enemy and not instant killing, but I didn't play apocalypse so you would have to explain what you mean.

Lynx_7

Characters level up even if they are not in your current party, and all characters are definitely viable with all having different elements of course, so just choose a team you like and build your personas around it, about the hama and mudo rework you would have to be more specific, they are still in the game and are still insta-kills, but they added new light and dark magic which is just damaging the enemy and not instant killing, but I didn't play apocalypse so you would have to explain what you mean.

In Apocalypse light and dark are now basically damaging spells but they regain their insta-death effects if your character is under the Smirk status. Seems like P5 went in a different direction and just added new damaging spells to both elements, which sounds good too.

raven777

characters outside party do get exp but they don't get the same amount as the party members in battle.
unless you raise specific social link

I raised the Strength link to 10 and it breaks the game ridiculously.
You can fuse personas above your level if you give Igor some cash. Fusing a level 70 persona costs me only a 100k when I have more than 600k on hand.

_Ryo_

Asked this before but now that people have played a bit I'll ask again

Can you reverse/break CO-OP/Slinks in this game? And if you can does it negate CO-OP features like
Baton Touch, Escape, etc

DMB4237

Neo Member
Man I'm pissed. I think I got spoiled a reaaaaaally big reveal in the new atlustube video. I'm playing the game slowly in Japanese and this still happens...

muteki

Asked this before but now that people have played a bit I'll ask again

Can you reverse/break CO-OP/Slinks in this game? And if you can does it negate CO-OP features like
Baton Touch, Escape, etc

This I'm curious about as well.

Need to know if I can romance everyone and throw them in the garbage at Lvl.10 without penalty.

I have 3 hours between two of my classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So today I tried remote playing over the internet from my laptop to my ps4. Campus internet was too terrible and wouldn't connect, but it worked flawlessly (albeit at lower resolution) with my laptop tethered to my phone. Just ran around a dungeon for like 2.5 hours and grinded.

I know this is gonna end up with me being crazy overleveled. Just...I don't want to stop playing the game ever but I also don't want to progress the story with remote play quality visuals.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I just had this thought pop up in the mids of july regarding a basic story thing.
I'll tag it for spoilers just to be safe but it's basically related to Sae and her role in the story you learn about in the prologue.
These interrogation scenes somehow just made me think about dragon age 2 and made me kind of go "huh so this is what this idea feels like when I give a shit".
It's really interesting how in DA2 those scenes lacked any emotional resonance for me beyond maybe making me smirk whereas I find myself in this interesting dynamic of me warming up to Sae and be more forthcoming with my answers as she seems to become more accepting of what I'm telling her.

Zolo

I just had this thought pop up in the mids of july regarding a basic story thing.
I'll tag it for spoilers just to be safe but it's basically related to Sae and her role in the story you learn about in the prologue.
These interrogation scenes somehow just made me think about dragon age 2 and made me kind of go "huh so this is what this idea feels like when I give a shit".
It's really interesting how in DA2 those scenes lacked any emotional resonance for me beyond maybe making me smirk whereas I find myself in this interesting dynamic of me warming up to Sae and be more forthcoming with my answers as she seems to become more accepting of what I'm telling her.

DA2 is like the worst example of this type of plot device.

Just like I would willingly drink anything the doctor offered me, I would absolutely answer any question the prosecutor asked me. I love them both. Such cool characters.

Jintor

i'm actually looking forward to fucking up and presumably (i'm guessing!) bad ending early so I can go through this early bits with more vocab and try and pick up on more stuff

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Too much water.

Just like I would willingly drink anything the doctor offered me, I would absolutely answer any question the prosecutor asked me. I love them both. Such cool characters.

Yeah I don't know Cassandra didn't really make an impression on me before DA:I she was kind of just there I didn't feel the impact.
I think part of it is also just the way both games handles ingame time. DA2 just always felt off in the 10 year time span with the skips and general feeling like not really feeling those 10 years pass. In Persona with the calendar system you just have a very different perception of time.

Too much water.

Yeah I don't know Cassandra didn't really make an impression on me before DA:I she was kind of just there I didn't feel the impact.
I think part of it is also just the way both games handles ingame time. DA2 just always felt of in the 10 year time span with the skips and general feeling like not really feeling those 10 years pass.
In Persona with the calendar system you just have a very different perception of time.

I'm talking about the prosecutor and doctor in Persona 5. I don't know anything about any of the Dragon Age games.

And the negatives?

One of the negatives is that the dungeons are so long that they start to drag. (I personally disagree with this, but it is a fact that the dungeons are long.)

The other two are about the graphics.

One negative says that some parts of the graphics are rough. This sentiment echoes some posters in here regarding, for example, some textures like signs/billboards.

The other says Atlus has such a focused, consistent art style that stuff that looks bad really sticks out. It's worth noting that the art style itself is listed as a positive, though.

Note that I'm not 100% on my translations of the graphics negatives. I'm not used to Japanese terminology talking about game quality/graphics, lol.

Yeah, the one bad thing I have to say, like the review, are the graphics. The character models look a little derpy sometimes, especially Ryuuji. Real-ass cat form Morgana also isn't perfect.

The sprite work and the little screen tears with the character reactions make up for it though.

based on google translate (i know), some bad textures (we've heard this), some dungeons are kinda long? and "Good visibility poor that backfired of Art"

That last one is probably "The UI is too busy"

I'm literally just guessing here.

Or, like Amethyst said, "the art is so good goofs stand out more"

That last one is probably "The UI is too busy"

I'm literally just guessing here.

Or, like Amethyst said, "the art is so good goofs stand out more"

Lol, I was sitting here going "Holy shit, my attempt was so bad these guys are resorting to google translate and literal guesses instead."

raven777

Lol I forgot IGN Japan existed and didn't realized they do reviews for Japanese game. We finally have a review outside of famitsu and Dengeki lol.

Anyways, I understand the negative parts of the review, even though I don't agree with all of them. I certainly agree with some graphics issue like poor textures that are obviously noticeable.
For long dungeon I have seen some other people complaining as well and I do agree it's a lot longer than before, but I find this a positive.

Shengar

The other two are about the graphics.

One negative says that some parts of the graphics are rough. This sentiment echoes some posters in here regarding, for example, some textures like signs/billboards.

The other says Atlus has such a focused, consistent art style that stuff that looks bad really sticks out. It's worth noting that the art style itself is listed as a positive, though.

Note that I'm not 100% on my translations of the graphics negatives. I'm not used to Japanese terminology talking about game quality/graphics, lol.

"It's almost too good" as a negative is true here lol

ubiblu

Anyways, I understand the negative parts of the review, even though I don't agree with all of them. I certainly agree with some graphics issue like poor textures that are obviously noticeable.
For long dungeon I have seen some other people complaining as well and I do agree it's a lot longer than before, but I find this a positive.

I'm only up to dungeon 4, but they get really exhausting and I just want them to end. This is largely due to the challenge of completing them in one day with ever decreasing SP. The 3rd one was also less visually appealing compared to the amazing 2nd one.

raven777

I'm only up to dungeon 4, but they get really exhausting and I just want them to end. This is largely due to the challenge of completing them in one day with ever decreasing SP. The 3rd one was also less visually appealing compared to the amazing 2nd one.

Yea I understand what you mean. Finishing dungeons in 1 day is a lot harder/tiresome now that the dungeons are longer. I usually took at least 2 days to complete the dungeon except the recent one which I finished it in a day.
For me 3rd dungeon was visually not appealing as past ones, but I really liked the music.

ubiblu

Yea I understand what you mean. Finishing dungeons in 1 day is a lot harder/tiresome now that the dungeons are longer. I usually took at least 2 days to complete the dungeon except the recent one which I finished it in a day.
For me 3rd dungeon was visually not appealing as past ones, but I really liked the music.

Yeah, the music had a great vibe to it.

I may sound like I'm being critical, but this is literally one of the best games I've played in 25 years.

What is so desirable about finishing them as quick as possible? Personally, pacing myself on dungeon progress far outweighs the minute benefits of that extra free time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What is so desirable about finishing them as quick as possible? Personally, pacing myself on dungeon progress far outweighs the minute benefits of that extra free time.
If you have SP recovery accessories, enough money for the store equipment, a decent enough level and the infinite lockpick (or a big stock of regular ones), there's literally no reasons to not finish dungeons in a day. Especially since so many SLs can be only done during the day.

Ken

mementos may mission

i can't seem to find the target for イジメっ子を操る陰のアイツ even though i'm at 調和奪われし路 エリア5. i went all the way down to floor 7 and got blocked by the locked door. advice?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
mementos may mission

i can't seem to find the target for イジメっ子を操る陰のアイツ even though i'm at 調和奪われし路 エリア5. i went all the way down to floor 7 and got blocked by the locked door. advice?
When you enter Mementos, Morgana will let you know if you should go up or down. I don't think it's possible to get missions for not yet unlocked parts too. If you know the name and looked at the requests in your base (and it says "x targets in this part" on the Mementos map, everything should be fine.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

You get to experience more of the game with extra free time. If you're really efficient even full max slink runs are probably possible. To me that's kind of huge.
Especially if the ending is influenced by your max slinks. Might just be me but to me Persona 4 with full max Slinks in the true ending feels sooooo much more satisfying than having a run where you only get a few.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You get to experience more of the game with extra free time. If you're really efficient even full max slink runs are probably possible. To me that's kind of huge.
Especially if the ending is influenced by your max slinks. Might just be me but to me Persona 4 with full max Slinks in the true ending feels sooooo much more satisfying than having a run where you only get a few.
So far no one found a "true ending" and this includes datamining the ps3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom