• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

When you enter Mementos, Morgana will let you know if you should go up or down. I don't think it's possible to get missions for not yet unlocked parts too. If you know the name and looked at the requests in your base (and it says "x targets in this part" on the Mementos map, everything should be fine.

hm, I was following websites telling me it's on that specific floor. Maybe I have to do something else before it pops on the map?

http://spwiki.net/persona5/wikis/377.html

Soulhouf

Picked it up today!

CtG1hMpXgAYfbLH.jpg

Ken

What you need is the person's name. You can check the status of the request - if you do it at the base when everyone is present, Morgana should talk a bit about it. I think that is the final required step.

Oh boo. Can I do it inside mementos at the safe rooms? Rip my day.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally got to lv 51 and raised the Strength coop to lv 10. Give me all those lv 70 personas!

Edit:
Wow, it cost me 277k, but having a level 77 persona while being 51 sure feels nice.

Jintor

wtf

class question mid-may

is the question who the most prolific artist of the 21st century was? because it was picasso, not go, you pissant history teacher

...no, it's highest priced work, isn't it...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
wtf

class question mid-may

is the question who the most prolific artist of the 21st century was? because it was picasso, not go, you pissant history teacher

...no, it's highest priced work, isn't it...
It's a question about who had the most expensive painting in the 20th century and a good 10 minutes of googling lead me to the conclusion that Picasso overtook Gogh in the 21st century as far as painting sold on auctions go iirc.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
It's a question about who had the most expensive painting in the 20th century and a good 10 minutes of googling lead me to the conclusion that Picasso overtook Gogh in the 21st century as far as painting sold on auctions go iirc.

could've just pressed the touchpad button and got the answer in 2 seconds.

So is this MORE dungeon crawly than P3 and P4? If so, that's a bit of an odd direction to go, even if the dungeons are better designed. Persona's battle system is pretty good, but I find it really drags during long dungeon crawls. In fact, my love for P3 and P4 is very much in spite of the dungeons.

Is the social stuff/character interaction de-emphasized then?

December dungeon spoilers
Ongyoki, and then Cerberus + Cu Cuchlain, AND THEN the next boss has two forms? Come on Atlus you're better than that.

I must admit it was the most pure boss fight in the game I've faced so far, no gimmicks like the other story bosses. Putting on a tetrakarn mirror when I saw the boss Charge and reflecting for 700+ damage felt great.

If we're talking about the teachers , i'll just say that the ENGLISH teacher is "suspicious"

Like i can't accept that design, behavior even if the voice's fine.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So is this MORE dungeon crawly than P3 and P4? If so, that's a bit of an odd direction to go, even if the dungeons are better designed. Persona's battle system is pretty good, but I find it really drags during long dungeon crawls. In fact, my love for P3 and P4 is very much in spite of the dungeons.

Dungeons in P3/P4 were a drag. The ones in P5 are fun, with story stuff, character interactions, puzzles etc. they're not "upgraded" versions of the ones in previous games, they sometimes feel like taken from a different game and it's a great implementation.

Fhoenix

If you have SP recovery accessories, enough money for the store equipment, a decent enough level and the infinite lockpick (or a big stock of regular ones), there's literally no reasons to not finish dungeons in a day. Especially since so many SLs can be only done during the day.

How do you get infinite lockpick?

Also I am wondering, there are three more locked chests in the first dungeon. Should I spend three nights on making lockpicks for them?

And I am wondering what the most urgent stat is? Courage for unlocking more of Death coop? Knowledge for exams?

Ken

How do I get a job in the convenience store and flower shop?
I can only seem to buy things from them.

Go to the subway station and check the job ads (it's the yellow yen sign with a yellow square). Flower shop is the second option but it might need a parameter requirement? First option is the 777 convenience store.

How do I get a job in the convenience store and flower shop?
I can only seem to buy things from them.

Did you make an appointment with them first, by looking at the various stalls reserved for part time jobs in the Shibuya station?

How do you get infinite lockpick?

I don't know the specific trigger, but I'm on (date)
08/30
right now and I have found out a few days before that I could now craft it. I need half the materials still, though!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did you make an appointment with them first, by looking at the various stalls reserved for part time jobs in the Shibuya station?

I don't know the specific trigger, but I'm on (date)
08/30
right now and I have found out a few days before that I could now craft it. I need half the materials still, though!
I believe those lockpicks are one of the unlocks for the automatic
Morgana
social link. As for the materials, I got the remaining 5 水銀 I needed from the last floor of Mementos which was available at the time, rare enemies and
Anubises
drop it iirc.

As for the poster asking about soending 3 nights on making keys - you can do 2-4 items per night (I'm not sure if it's based on dexterity) and sometimes you get more than one from a craft. Also, remember that
alert will be raised to 99% and can't be lowered under 70-80
after sending the card.

bluethree

Minor DVD spoiler -
love that the Mt. Iwato theme from P2 was playing during one of the DVDs! Awesome way to get a reference from those games in there

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I just progressed to rank 2 star link, things went very differently than I thought they would which made me laugh quite a bit.
Mifumi going full shogi RP mode is pretty amusing. Also picked up a few words that I haven't really seen yet.

Early june spoilers

I'm actually speechless. The student concil president is following me around in the shibuya station in the WORST tail i've seen in a video game.

The attention to detail in this game ...

raven777

Early june spoilers

I'm actually speechless. The student concil president is following me around in the shibuya station in the WORST tail i've seen in a video game.

yea I fucking loved that. The little stuff like that are what makes this game truly amazing.

Early june spoilers

Yes, it's pretty silly I love it, I also loved (minor spoilers during the second dungeon)
the plan they came up with to open certain door in the second dungeon. "Did you gain a little bit of weight?" It was so childish and stupid and... It worked! xD. Then I laughed like an idiot when Morgana, Ann and Yusuke enter to the dungeon and Morgana hits his crotch with Yusuke's head

Yes, it's pretty silly I love it, I also loved (minor spoilers during the second dungeon)
the plan they came up with to open certain door in the second dungeon. "Did you gain a little bit of weight?" It was so childish and stupid and... It worked! xD. Then I laughed like an idiot when Morgana, Ann and Yusuke enter to the dungeon and Morgana hits his crotch with Yusuke's head
May spoilers
I wanted to talk about this , but i didn't because that was spoilers. But Ann during the whole scene was magnificent.
The way she was stalling for time was glorious.
And the fact that yusuke
didn't realise he was in persona mode until several minutes later . "wait , what are those clothes".
The dialog , those scenes ...
-------------
Now i'm at the 6/11 scene with the group in the MC home and
morgana and ryuji were trying to peek ... predictable , yes
but all those scenes give so much life to the group.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just finished the 6th dungeon. Wow, this game just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what happens later in the story.

Do I understand correctly that (number of dungeons spoiler)
there's one more long story dungeon and a very long final dungeon left
?

Xypher

I just finished the 6th dungeon. Wow, this game just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what happens later in the story.

Do I understand correctly that (number of dungeons spoiler)
there's one more long story dungeon and a very long final dungeon left
?
Yes, one more story dungeon, then on the final day you need to clear mementos and then another lengthy dungeon

~26 hours in, 2nd dungeon finished. It's getting even better, didn't even think it was possible. Could someone spoil me a little something?
Is Makoto the next one to join the party?

The dungeon crawling isn't just a means to battling monsters this time around. There's much more of a visual story to them, as well as minor events and puzzles that are scattered throughout to keep you engaged. Story events also pop up while inside. They may be longer, but trust me, all things considered, they are a huge improvement.

Just don't play Mementos though, heh.

Decided to fire up my import copy after all. I doubt I'll be going through the whole game like this, but if anyone has any tips for someone whose Japanese isn't quite up to snuff, hmu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom