• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really annoyed that the game doesn't allow screenshots. At first I thought it was only for story parts but I'm about 12 hours in and the option is still disabled.
Can someone confirm that it's the case for the entire game?

They did that in Moon Dwellers too for no reason.

It's just insane. I really can't get over it. I've just picked it up again and I constantly can't believe it. Anyway, so far I'm really impressed about how it feels like a proper evolution for the series gameplay wise. The fluid nature of the interface in battles feels amazing.

Edit: I'm pretty satisfied with the music so far. It's more low key than P3/4 I guess but the quality is just as high I think

181 hours passed, entering the final month on NG+

- I now have the ability to create all personas, and am missing 4% of them. So first thing will be to complete my compendium.

- Finish the last request for the trophy

- Level up 6 more times to LV99 and beat the hidden boss.

- Just finish the story once more so that all automatic Coop go to rank 10 and I get my trophy

By the end of the weekend I should finally have the platinum.

I mean to say that even when they do have scenes where they get together, you don't have antics or conversations that are as over the top as Persona 4.

One way to say it is that Persona 5 feels more like normal high school students getting together and having fun whereas Persona 4 feels more like a sitcom. Persona 4 is basically written to have jokes and laughs and funny situations to entertain you whereas Persona 5 is mostly just... people chilling. Even compared to Persona 3 it's a bit less comedy-centric
This is quite obvious when you compare each beach scene in P3, P4, P5

Sakura

I have to say though, the (late game spoilers?)
post valentine's day scene when you have multiple girlfriends
was pretty hilarious.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say though, the (late game spoilers?)
post valentine's day scene when you have multiple girlfriends
was pretty hilarious.

Love how Japan has dubbed it lovingly the "Shuraba" event. Has been probably the established name since P4G made an event to acknowledge it but I didn't catch it back then. Made me chuckle slightly.

Rainy

Banned
Please spoiler the answer for others, but just a question: so who are all the characters you can romance in the game? Just curious.

Yuuichi

Finally got my copy, only one question before I start:

Are there any choices that control endings ala P4 where if you mess up the game ends early? I've been trying to look up as little as possible and I'm not sure where else I could figure this out without getting spoiled.

I've been avoiding most things related to this game until February comes, but there are two things I'm dying to know:

Is the Reaper in this game as well? If yes how do you get it to appear?

And are there Halloween and Christmas events or costumes?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Are there any choices that control endings ala P4 where if you mess up the game ends early? I've been trying to look up as little as possible and I'm not sure where else I could figure this out without getting spoiled.

There is something similar to a Namatame style choice block but nothing like what you would need to figure out for the P4 true ending.
I've been avoiding most things related to this game until February comes, but there are two things I'm dying to know:

Is the Reaper in this game as well? If yes how do you get it to appear?

And are there Halloween and Christmas events or costumes?

Yes he is in the game. He appears if you remain too long in a memento floor(maybe you have to stand still also? not sure).
No Halloween event. There is a Christmas eve event. No costumes for those events if there are it's going to be dlc.

There
is, but it's like P3's in that there's only 2 possible routes.

I'm not sure how hard getting the good ending is because Shouta missed 5 times but that was partly the chat's fault.

Yes he is in the game. He appears if you remain too long in a memento floor(maybe you have to stand still also? not sure).
No Halloween event. There is a Christmas eve event. No costumes for those events if there are it's going to be dlc.

Thanks so much for the answer! February can't come soon enough.

Yuuichi

There
is, but it's like P3's in that there's only 2 possible routes.

I'm not sure how hard getting the good ending is because Shouta missed 5 times but that was partly the chat's fault.

If it's only
one choice section.
Then I'll just find a walkthrough for that I guess. I save a lot in multiple slots so I should be fine.

Nope when I'm farming him I'm always moving while waiting for his appearance.

I tried a jab at the hidden boss...yeah it's going to be fun. Dat feeling when you see a full heal when you've got it at less than half HP...(then it one-shotted me because I took too much time, heh)

edit : beat the hidden boss, damn that wasn't easy. Even more when it can full heal or revive...and is bent on exploiting your weaknesses :p The accessory you get for beating it is dope though; Null all damage except for All-Mighty.

Hey, I'm stuck with some requests:

Just finished the 4th dungeon
There are a couple of requests, one of them says I have to go and investigate bars in Shinjuku, the other says I have to investigate/talk (I guess) with the staff of the stores in the mall inside Shibuya station. I've gone there both during the day and night time but I can't find anything and obviously I can't progress. Am I missing something?

I got my platinum yesterday night!
Took me between 188h32 and 188h50 according to my save file.
I can finally move on to something else :D

Hey, I'm stuck with some requests:

Just finished the 4th dungeon
There are a couple of requests, one of them says I have to go and investigate bars in Shinjuku, the other says I have to investigate/talk (I guess) with the staff of the stores in the mall inside Shibuya station. I've gone there both during the day and night time but I can't find anything and obviously I can't progress. Am I missing something?

You need to
take a part-time job for 2-3 times in order to get the information

Jintor

6/13

man i can't wait to figure out how to open up the
teacher
social link... if that ever happens... I dunno really lol. I already forgot what exactly happened in that weird hang-out sequence with ryuuji and yusuke

6/13

teacher
social link... if that ever happens... I dunno really lol. I already forgot what exactly happened in that weird hang-out sequence with ryuuji and yusuke
I didn't even realise it was her.
If you want to know how to do it,
you pretty much just have to talk to the teacher at school. You should find her on the 3rd floor iirc, talking with the English teacher.

Pachael

6/13

teacher

I've just passed that point (6/14), but am also getting my stat up for that link.

Spoilers for around 6/13, post 2nd dungeon, with that hangout sequence.
Courage needs to be Rank 3 I think. If I remember correctly, that hangout sequence was pretty funny as the guys (Ryuji in particular) seem enthusiastic to call up a housekeeper with the services with maid outfit to do cleaning etc / or make fun of but end up with cold feet when the maid arrives and hides (partially due to what I think is the service really being 18+ only so were afraid of being found out as high school kids). After a bit they caboose but not without sensei recognising Ryuji's voice when escaping - she eventually spills the beans and asks to keep it a mutual secret between MC and her (call her from the Leblanc phone when Courage 3).

Sensei seems to be stressed in the aftermath as she's probably also pressured by school due to the Kinoshita incident and the teachers looking to blame each other/fill in the gaps like with the English teacher. I expect more of this in her Co-Op link when I get there...

I got my platinum yesterday night!
Took me between 188h32 and 188h50 according to my save file.
I can finally move on to something else :D

You need to
take a part-time job for 2-3 times in order to get the information

I see, thanks.

The description should be more explicit...
I got a third one that specifies that I had to take a part time job in a convenience store, while I was trying to raise my stats to take a part time job in the bar.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I see, thanks.

The description should be more explicit...
I got a third one that specifies that I had to take a part time job in a convenience store, while I was trying to raise my stats to take a part time job in the bar.
To be honest Morgana tells you
that they probably won't tell such things to someone who is new after you work for a day
, but yeah, there's no way of knowing beforehand.

To be honest Morgana tells you
that they probably won't tell such things to someone who is new after you work for a day
, but yeah, there's no way of knowing beforehand.

I meant that the description of the mission should be bore explicit:
I went to all stores in the mall to see if somebody talked to me, and in the case of the salary man in Shinjuku, I found him using my "spider sense" in Shibuya station(!!)... but the description says you have to investigate in the bar in Shinjuku so I was puzzled about the requirements for both missions
so I decided to ask here. It doesn't help that I'm very sleepy... I should go to sleep.

About regaining SP: isn't there an accessory that makes characters recover a little bit of SP after fights/turns?... also, they are pretty expensive.

Jintor

I didn't even realise it was her.
If you want to know how to do it,
you pretty much just have to talk to the teacher at school. You should find her on the 3rd floor iirc, talking with the English teacher.

yeah, i didn't get enough details unfortunately. I got the basic gist of the scenes but I guess I didn't quite get what she wanted me to do afterwards

I really like her as a character from what little i've seen... she's so put upon lol. reminds me of some colleagues.

6/14 Lmao
Makoto's way of forcing herself into your group was entirely unforeseen but oh-so fitting. I love it.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh main character down = game over has always been the worst. It was one of the changes I was hoping for this time around

Edit: So wait, am I actually stuck? I need to leave the dungeon to buy items but I'm too weak to make it back to the start and everything has reswpaned. What am I missing?

Jintor

Ugh main character down = game over has always been the worst. It was one of the changes I was hoping for this time around

Edit: So wait, am I actually stuck? I need to leave the dungeon to buy items but I'm too weak to make it back to the start and everything has reswpaned. What am I missing?

get to a saferoom, hit r1 and teleport out.

expressioned

Neo Member
So I finally completed my first playthrough of the game after 101 hours. Before I start on my 2nd play, what are some of the skill sets you guys run for your party members late game?

Also, according to japanese wikis I've read
Some of the strongest persona available include alice and yoshitsune, I have both of them but haven't really had much of a chance to use them. What do some of you guys think? Are there any other persona that you guys find equally strong or stronger than them?

Apenheul

Great to read in some of the impressions that it matches the series heights. I've been able to play P5 for a little over an hour in South Korea but I can't wait until February 14. Fortunately I still have TMS #FE to finish.

Are the mementos missions missables ?

I want to focus on something else and ignore mementos for now ..but i don't want to miss some missions.

Can i let them active for an unknow amount of time ?

expressioned

Neo Member

I want to focus on something else and ignore mementos for now ..but i don't want to miss some missions.

Yeah as far as I know there isn't a time limit for mementos missions. No problem leaving them alone for now. I cleared about 7-8 in one run on my first playthrough.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

They're only missable in the sense that some only unlock after you cleared others as well as some needing several time blocks to complete. If you wait until the very end you won't have the time to complete them as the main story forces you to move forward.

Anyone who completed this buying the English version? I'm worried after I beat it I'll be burned out starting it over presumably a third time if I do a new game plus.

Anyone who completed this buying the English version? I'm worried after I beat it I'll be burned out starting it over presumably a third time if I do a new game plus.
I'll most likely be buying the English version as well. Maybe not at launch, but I do want to play it a bit more leisurely without having to look up words and such.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'll pass. I would consider if they pulled Dual Text/Audio with it but who are we kidding not going to happen. It's also for the better cause I'm like 75% sure we're going to get an upgraded version of this anyway down the road bundled with all DLC and extra content.

I already preordered the collectors edition since I went digital for the Japanese edition. I will play it again in February hoping to max out most social links, getting most personae and all that stuff, that way I don't have to worry too much about trophies and stuff... I find playing this way very relaxing.

I'll pass. I would consider if they pulled Dual Text/Audio with it but who are we kidding not going to happen. It's also for the better cause I'm like 75% sure we're going to get an upgraded version of this anyway down the road bundled with all DLC and extra content.
Yeah, the lack of dual audio is the one thing making me a bit unsure about the purchase. I did really like all the voices of the characters, and it would take an amazing English dub to win me over now.

I haven't finished this game yet but i just realised i've made a bunch of small mistakes the first time around and i could have optimised my time better.

Well no matter , that's a learning process i guess.
Passed the 60th gaming hours , entering the september events and the
School trip

I realised i've missed a bunch of persona early on too. i guess i could get them by lurking in the mementos ..but i don't need them this time.

My biggest worry is ..who should i date? I'm legit conflicted because all choices are Great. Such a tough choice. Most of those social links are at lv8 waiting for me to make my final choice.

it's a Real bummer that the social link events aren't voiced except the first and the last All this stuff deserved the voice work , especially given All the shit happenning on most of them.

61h , game is still amazing.

Lunar15

Glad to hear that the social links are well written. I found it intriguing that most of the non-party member social links were people older than the MC.

GSR

I think my favorite NPC is the 名無し that writes all his comments in English because him saying "IT'S JUSTICE!" makes me think Bobby Fulbright is behind the keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom