• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

nX5Vy9r.jpg

heavybreathing.jpg

Seriously. I'm annoyed at all the stores that broke the release date.

Only four days until EVERYONE can finally be able to play this darn game.

You're not annoyed at the country that broke street date seven months ago? I imported very late and still finished three months ago :p

cj_iwakura

Seriously. I'm annoyed at all the stores that broke the release date.

Only four days until EVERYONE can finally be able to play this darn game.

There's only one in South Florida that I know of, and they're being evil.

"Oh yeah, we'll totally get it. Eventually. We'll call you. Probably. We break street date and get early releases all the time. Totally."

I hear the menus are the slickest menus in anything.

FTFY.

You're not annoyed at the country that broke street date seven months ago? I imported very late and still finished three months ago :p

I've always been salty about the SEVEN MONTH GAP between Japan and NA/EU. Stores breaking release date of the English localisation version by almost 2 full weeks is twisting the knife.

It's 2017 and simultaneous releases worldwide are still not a thing. Sad!

I kinda wish someone like Bandai-Namco had bought out Atlus instead of Sega sometimes. Ni no Kuni II is gonna get a simultaneous release when it comes out...

But, anyways, P5 hype!

RPGCrazied

What is everyone naming the main character? Does he have a real name? I know the P4 one did, Yu Narukami.

I might go with Noctis. lol

What is everyone naming the main character? Does he have a real name? I know the P4 one did, Yu Narukami.

Only the manga has given him a name (Akira Kurusu), but it's not canon.

Edit: Beaten multiple times over.

I might name my guy after a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider hero.

What is everyone naming the main character?

My initial runs of P3FES​ and P4 used custom names, but I've replayed each of them since then with the canon names and I enjoyed that more, by a surprising amount. So I'm using the manga name until Joker gets a real one in some spinoff somewhere.

Just popping in to say that I love the thread title, glad people are finally going to play this in the West, sure was a long time coming.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
I wonder how P5 will fall in with people's views on the series.

Personally P3 is my favorite Persona game. Best music and I like the characters/story more.

Still many people prefer P4, and P1/2x2 dont get all that much love. So I wonder how 5 will be viewed. It will undoubtedly have the best gameplay, but we all know it's more than the gameplay that makes this SMT spin off enjoyable.

I wonder if 5 will be milked as much as 4

Zafir

Yeah I just used the Manga name. I tend to prefer doing that tbh.

I didn't on my first playthrough of P3 because I didn't know. Re-playthroughs and P4 I just used what ever name was known at the time. P4 I used the manga name, and P4:G I used the anime name.

Only other exception was portable where I used my real name for fun. Man did I regret that. I found it kind of annoying that Mitsuru kept calling me by my surname all the damn time. I think I'd go crazy in Japan where that kind of thing is more common-place. xD

cj_iwakura

There's only one thing and one thing only I want to know that's kind of spoilery. This is strictly gameplay related but it's based on the endgame so I would like to answer spoiled just to be safe.

Is there an optional boss, and if so, how hard is it on a scale of 1 to 5? 1 being Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 5 being the Demi Fiend from Digital Devil Saga. Don't want to know who or what it is, just how big a challenge I can expect.

There's only one thing and one thing only I want to know that's kind of spoilery. This is strictly gameplay related but it's based on the endgame so I would like to answer spoiled just to be safe.

Is there an optional boss, and if so, how hard is it on a scale of 1 to 5? 1 being Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 5 being the Demi Fiend from Digital Devil Saga. Don't want to know who or what it is, just how big a challenge I can expect.

Yes, and I'd say 2

Ezalc

So PS3 version of this game is fine right? No horrible powerpoint level fps or something? Doesn't look like a potato? I don't have a ps4 but still really want to play this.

Guess Who

Banned
Has anyone who had a TYH Edition preorder with Amazon had theirs ship yet? Mine still says it's expected to ship today, but it's 7 PM and I'm losing faith.

nasax

I'm just waiting for Amazon to put "Your order has been shipped (April Fools sucker)". How I loathe thee.

nachum00

105 hours?
that's way too long. That's already my problem with the other Persona games. The story moves at a snail's pace and it becomes tedious after awhile.

Miang

WE FUCKING MADE IT!!

giphy.gif

my copy was dispatched today. Can't play until Monday even if it comes Sat. These 3 shifts can't go quick enough.

My Take Your Heart edition arrives Tuesday. I know so little about this game that I'm probably going to avoid this thread like the plague...but I also lack self-control so who knows!

GODREALMS

Neo Member
My Amazon order tells me it's expected to ship today, but it hasn't yet. This game looks so amazing! The sooner I can play it the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom