• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Still gotta wait till tuesday.

I have no idea what I'm gonna name the protag. Maybe just be boring and go with whatever the anime called him.

Unless the anime just called him protagonist lol. I still haven't seen it.

Wait....Name slots only have 8 characters?! Damnit!

I thought I would be clever and name my MC "Aya Nishitani," after the dude who wrote Digital Devil Story (of which the very first megaten game was based on) and keep in line with the literary references of this game, but that last name is 9 characters...Ah well.

Gbraga

I thought I would be clever and name my MC "Aya Nishitani," after the dude who wrote Digital Devil Story (of which the very first megaten game was based on) and keep in line with the literary references of this game, but that last name is 9 characters...Ah well.

I knew it :(

RIP Nobuyoshi Suzuki.

Ishitani?

I mean, it's not direct, but it's still a good reference, IMO.

I usually name SMT main characters after myself, but I am strongly considering naming him Arsene Lupin V. The only problem is that any characters that use his last name will say Lupin V and not just Lupin.

Tunoku

Not sure if that addressed yet, but haven't seen any talk about a preload on the PS4. That should be on the table sometime this weekend, right?

I think I'm going for Kazuma Kaneko.

Can't believe Persona 5 is finally here. Is this a dream?
tumblr_m43na9f2YF1qbazr9o1_500.jpg

Lynx_7

I wanted to use Goro Majima, but I might go with this instead.

That would probably get confusing really fast :p

I don't feel like going with Akira because I already associate that name with the SMT IV universe, and Kurusu sounds kinda weird. Now Karasu, that'd be badass.

Wait is brutal :(

No kidding :/

The worst part is that I was doing fine, the delay sucked but up until last week, I was completely fine with the wait and even forgot that the game was coming out so soon. Then idk wtf happened but I broke and I could not stop looking at videos, previews and streams of this game and now it's all I can think of. I have other games to play, movies and shows to watch..etc but I don't feel like doing any of that. All I want to do is think of this game lol.

That would probably get confusing really fast :p

I don't feel like going with Akira because I already associate that name with the SMT IV universe, and Kurusu sounds kinda weird. Now Karasu, that'd be badass.
Lol, right. I forgot we already have a Goro in this game.

I wish I could've named him "I <3 Nishiki" but I don't think that would be possible or wise, hahaha.

.JayZii

Banned
I have no idea what I'm gonna name the protag. Maybe just be boring and go with whatever the anime called him.

Unless the anime just called him protagonist lol. I still haven't seen it.
I'm thinking Ishikawa Kozo after Nezumi Kozo and Ishikawa Goemon because I'm unoriginal.
You do you - but as far as I know that would be incorrect Japanese. ('Sh' rather than the correct 'Shi')
Many people swallow the "i" when pronouncing shi in Japanese, but you're right it would still be incorrect to be written that way. But so is "Charlie Tunoku" and everybody loved that. I'm sure manga authors have done worse to their own language when it comes to naming.

Any pro tips about fusing demons? (3 days until launch down under)

I ran into a problem in Persona 4: Golden where I didn't bother fusing my main characters Persona, then fusions weren't beneficial as the end results were severely under-leveled comparatively.

Was included in the group whose special editions were cancelled then compensated. Got mine two days ago.

After playing through the Japanese edition, I'm pleasantly surprised by the English VA. Font looks better in-game than in the trailers.

Was included in the group whose special editions were cancelled then compensated. Got mine two days ago.

After playing through the Japanese edition, I'm pleasantly surprised by the English VA. Font looks better in-game than in the trailers.

same. Ryuji sounds great. I was worried but I'm not anymore.

Capella

I think the font just doesn't scale down really well because if you watch the trailers at full screen it looks the same in-game.

Yeah, I'm especially impressed with him. Morgana sounds a bit young? Maybe too soft, child-like? But still a vast improvement over Teddie (and I liked Teddie more than most it seems).

Morgana sounds a bit too childish, like a little school girl but I guess you'll get used to it. Her JP voice actress knocked it out the park, it sounded exactly like what I'd expect a small cat with that face to sound like.

CrazyDude

Mine hasn't shipped either, but they usually don't ship until the day before for me and it still gets to me on time. If you live closer to the warehouses, they probably won't ship till the night before the release date, so long as you have prime.

Guess Who

Banned
Mine either. Don't fret. Usually they ship it on Monday and overnight it. They have done this before, but have always got it on release day. You got Prime I assume?

Yeah, mine's ordered with Prime 2-day shipping. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, it's just frustrating since the order says it's expected to ship today.

Crossing my fingers for a BB shipping notification tomorrow and Monday arrival! Can't wait to play the first new Persona in a fucking decade!

Oh, I got a good one.

Izaya Orihara

Works perfectly with how MC is living a double life and has two sides to his character. Alternatively, Shizuo Heiwajima wouldn't be so bad either.

Amazon still hasn't shipped.... c'mon, man...

Mine either. Don't fret. Usually they ship it on Monday and overnight it. They have done this before, but have always got it on release day. You got Prime I assume?

Mine hasn't shipped either, but they usually don't ship until the day before for me and it still gets to me on time. If you live closer to the warehouses, they probably won't ship till the night before the release date, so long as you have prime.

Yeah, mine's ordered with Prime 2-day shipping. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, it's just frustrating since the order says it's expected to ship today.

I don't mean to worry anyone, but you never know with Amazon. I've had it stay was "Expected to ship" for a full day past the release date - before they send me an email saying they're out of stock or can't fulfill it.

I've yet to make one Amazon prime pre-order they haven't screwed up on, and this one is looking much the same.

If you can, once it's late in your timezone, chat with their CS and ask to be upgraded to one-day shipping, you'd be surprised how badly they can mess up otherwise.

Mr. Hyde

Finally! After all these years. I should be playing it right now but when my friend went to get us copies from the store I called, they said it was one per person despite telling me otherwise. It's infuriating knowing he's already 15 hours into it. Ah well. It shall be mine.

Mr. Hyde

I will probably name him Nemo Stardust since that's generally what I use in persona games. One of my alternate egos in games.

Just cleared the second dungeon. Ryuji and Ann are so great, way better than their equivalents in 3 and 4. Comparing Ryuji to Yosuke should probably be an actual felony, really.

daevious

Aw. Oh well.

I'm fine with it, PS2 Megaten super bosses were horseshit anyway. Having one that doesn't demand that I git gudder than gud is a weight off my shoulders.

[NG+ GAMEPLAY SPOILER]
The real reason you do that fight is to get wiped by Caroline/Justine's All Out Attack.

Opa-Pa

Are there not enough slots to call him Akira Kurusu? I thought that was his "canon" name, but I've been out of the loop, so I'm not sure.

Maybe Dag Da, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom