• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I'm fine with it, PS2 Megaten super bosses were horseshit anyway. Having one that doesn't demand that I git gudder than gud is a weight off my shoulders.

[NG+ GAMEPLAY SPOILER]
The real reason you do that fight is to get wiped by Caroline/Justine's All Out Attack.
Harder than Margaret? And I want one that demands that, lol.

Opa-Pa

Only one secret boss and it's /that/? Eh, boring. I know I shouldn't expect more from Persona but with those gorgeous demon models I expected something different.

By the by, how is difficulty? Should I expect some decent enough challenge on Hard? I don't remember the last time I played a modern Megaten on Normal, so I'm definitely not going for that.

SoulUnison

Banned
Always have to use my real name for a blind first playthrough, it just makes a lot of the surprises and choices impact harder.

cj_iwakura

Only one secret boss and it's /that/? Eh, boring. I know I shouldn't expect more from Persona but with those gorgeous demon models I expected something different.

By the by, how is difficulty? Should I expect some decent enough challenge on Hard? I don't remember the last time I played a modern Megaten on Normal, so I'm definitely not going for that.
Yeah,
it fits the trend started by 3, though. Guess it's not much of a surprise.

Opa-Pa

Yeah,
it fits the trend started by 3, though. Guess it's not much of a surprise.

Oh I know,
it's just that for me it only really worked with Elizabeth, to be honest. Margaret was just a more boring Liz, and the twins are... weird. Honestly I just wanted Beelzebuub and/or Lucifer :(

daevious

Oh I know,
it's just that for me it only really worked with Elizabeth, to be honest. Margaret was just a more boring Liz, and the twins are... weird. Honestly I just wanted Beelzebuub and/or Lucifer :(

To be fair, it wouldn't make sense for those two to show up in Persona. The series has always been far removed from mainline SMT (outside of if... but even that's fairly distant), so the only way you're getting them in there is if either one possess someone ala Nyarlathotep.

NeatoKuni

Spoke to amazon since my order is supposed to ship today and it's almost midnight with no updates. The rep said everything should be fine but she also added a note to shipping saying it's a priority. I'm not sure if that helps outside of just easing me a bit, haha. The situation looks good though. (it's my first time pre-ordering from them!)

As for MCs name, I was thinking of putting my name in Japanese. I could always just stick to Grizzly Bara which is what I normally go with but who knows. I can't believe it's actually here!

Finally the OT is here.

Any tips for early game? I'm exploring the first palace in earnest. Made it to the half mark point before calling it a day in the first attempt.

any small details would help, particularly money matters lol- the only way to replenish HP/SP is through potions, no magic healing rooms... >_>

shmoglish

Finished the Tutdungeon and going to explore the fiest dungeon now. This game really feels like Persona in the best way. Music, Chars, Design... loving it so far. And I got nothing to do this weekend, so....

Nachos

Wait....Name slots only have 8 characters?! Damnit!

I thought I would be clever and name my MC "Aya Nishitani," after the dude who wrote Digital Devil Story (of which the very first megaten game was based on) and keep in line with the literary references of this game, but that last name is 9 characters...Ah well.
I've been using something I saw a while ago elsewhere: Toukichi/Tokichi Endo (遠藤 藤吉), which is a modified version of the Fiend with Twenty Faces' real name: Heikichi Endo (遠藤平吉). It helps that Hashino outright said that was one of his biggest influences for this game. It's also appropriate since the fiend's rival's last name is Akechi, too.

Aside from not really liking the "phantom" design motif, this game oozes style. Looks really fun, too, and I always like a good turn based JRPG. I might have to make this the first Persona game I play through.

Rixxan

Spoke to amazon since my order is supposed to ship today and it's almost midnight with no updates. The rep said everything should be fine but she also added a note to shipping saying it's a priority. I'm not sure if that helps outside of just easing me a bit, haha. The situation looks good though. (it's my first time pre-ordering from them!)

As for MCs name, I was thinking of putting my name in Japanese. I could always just stick to Grizzly Bara which is what I normally go with but who knows. I can't believe it's actually here!

Is this a first name last name situation? I always go Rixan but if a last name is needed I need to think on it - lol

cj_iwakura

And thanks to the OP I realized the banner for a six year old thread was gone, so I made a new one, lol. (I wonder if anyone actually read those.)

Updated the FAQ to address the MC's name.

Perineum

I made the smart decision to check my shipping for my Amazon collectors edition today, and saw it had my old credit card info which would've not worked. Wewh. Updated, and hopefully still on course to get it on Tuesday. Says it will ship April 3rd and is overnight.

Persona 4 is tied for my favorite game of all time. Let's see if this can take the crown overall or replace P4.

HYPE!

And thanks to the OP I realized the banner for a six year old thread was gone, so I made a new one, lol. (I wonder if anyone actually read those.)

Updated the FAQ to address the MC's name.

You should probably add line spacing between the question and the answer, and indent the answer. (Oh, and fix the Special Thanks list at the bottom)

It's killing my OCD.

NeatoKuni

Is this a first name last name situation? I always go Rixan but if a last name is needed I need to think on it - lol

Yep! First and last! I believe it's like that with all the installments where you name your character. (Some spinoffs just use their official name).

My TYH copy arrived today!
tumblr_onpnhluezB1sa950xo5_1280.jpg
Burned 7 hours straight. Holy shit. I can already tell this will consume my life.

Bummer about the lack of Share button functionality, because we'll be missing out on some juicy-ass memes.

You should spoiler tag this.

People probably don't want to know the order of events. (Myself included.)

Got it

My TYH copy arrived today!

Burned 7 hours straight. Holy shit. I can already tell this will consume my life.

Bummer about the lack of Share button functionality, because we'll be missing out on some juicy-ass memes.

My only issue is some minor grammar issues that could use a patch but that ain't happening. The game will consume you enjoy.. a perfect 10/10 from me so far.

I've been using something I saw a while ago elsewhere: Toukichi/Tokichi Endo (遠藤 藤吉), which is a modified version of the Fiend with Twenty Faces' real name: Heikichi Endo (遠藤平吉). It helps that Hashino outright said that was one of his biggest influences for this game. It's also appropriate since the fiend's rival's last name is Akechi, too.

Holy crap this is super on point! Awesome connection to "Akechi" too, you picked a good one!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wait what the fuck re: fusion

i executed my Arsene?

god damnit, this is why i hate fusing. so i have to load a save up?

N30RYU

Can't wait to star pre-downloading it in about 18h asuming it will be up at April 2nd 0:00 here in spain.

I don't really get a Chie vibe from him though, Shinjiro yes but it is still early for in the game.

I didn't realize you're early in the game.

Comparison inside spoiler tags:

I do, I mean he dies his hair like her, both practice physical activities, both like food strongly associated with men in Japan, both get heated up easily.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
wait what the fuck re: fusion

i executed my Arsene?

god damnit, this is why i hate fusing. so i have to load a save up?

You can just go into the compendium and buy it back for like 2000 yen or something like that if you want it. Just make sure to keep your Persona registrations up to date (especially as they gain exp), and you never really lose them for good.

Honestly you're just as well going without him for now, assuming you're still early. You don't need to have the Fool arcana in your party for the sake of advancing SLinks like you do with most of the other arcana as your Fool confidant ranks up according to the story, so it just takes a spot in your roster that could be going to a more useful Persona.

Shouta

Whenever I get around to the game again, I'm definitely doing Custom Arsene only for the MC and on Challenge. That should be fun.

Did you order the TYH edition by chance? I assumed my order was going to go out today but it hasn't changed at all. No charge on Cc but delivery is still April 4.

Hope they don't pull a Berseria on me again.

Done with the 4th dungeon 60 plus hrs in

Damn really? and I thought I was taking my time.
Doing 5th dungeon with 55 hours in on Easy. I am already feeling burn out but I also want to continue because the story is so good. This game has some crazy Death Note/Code Geass vibes, which coincidentally are some of my favorite animes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sony needs to hurry up with the 10€ voucher already

TheFatMan

I wouldn't be real concerned with the Amazon order and when it says it's going to ship. I've pre-ordered about 15+ games with them since they started the Prime discount, and I almost never see the game actually ship until Sunday night or even Monday morning. And in all of those times I have only once not received my game on Tuesday. (Uncharted 4)

The automated "Shipping Soon" thing on their website is pretty much a guess, but no matter when they actually ship it they guarantee it will arrive on release day, and it almost always does.

Aurizen

I'm so excited to be playing this! 2 questions

1. With the DLC coming out which persona are must haves to buy?
2. Ultimate persona.. Is there something you need to do to get them or they're story given?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so excited to be playing this! 2 questions

1. With the DLC coming out which persona are must haves to buy?
2. Ultimate persona.. Is there something you need to do to get them or they're story given?

1. None.
Maxing their confidants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom