• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? That's kind of a bummer. I was hoping I could start on normal and then bump to hard later if the game gets too easy.

You should be able to. You can't change it once you're on the easiest difficulty (safety), but you can change freely between easy/normal/hard.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How's the text on the Vita via Remote Play? I'd love to play this on a Vita.

It looks great on Vita. The only problem I had with testing out Remote Play is that the audio was really jumpy and laggy, but I think that's because my PS4 isn't hard-wired into the router. I was going to try hooking it up with an ethernet cable and seeing if that fixed it, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I'm four hours in and i'm floored by the soundtrack. Holy shit, it's so, so good. I sometimes just want to keep some conversation playing because the music is blowing my mind.

Soundtrack is so good, the battle music especially is awesome. Need the ost now

Ostinatto

The game is out in Santiago - Chile, Megaplay persa Bio Bio (38k clp)

p5gastl.jpg

I'm four hours in and i'm floored by the soundtrack. Holy shit, it's so, so good. I sometimes just want to keep some conversation playing because the music is blowing my mind.

Yup. It's just as good as P4G and 3's soundtrack imo. I think I prefer 5's battle themes and dungeon music over 3 and 4's while I think 4 has the slight edge with it's vocal tracks.

Menthuss

About 2 hours in so far. Really like the presentation of the game.
The only thing that bugs me is how weird the intonation in the dub is for some of the names. I mean, I'm no expert on Japanese but I'm I'm pretty sure you pronounce Ryuji's last name as "sa-ka-MO-to" and not "sa-KA-moto". Was P4 like this as well? I can't quite remember...

ChanMan

Yup. It's just as good as P4G and 3's soundtrack imo. I think I prefer 5's battle themes and dungeon music over 3 and 4's while I think 4 has the slight edge with it's vocal tracks.

I think people are going to be divisive about the soundtrack. Personally I am already enjoying it more than 5 because the tone of it reminds me more of P3. I should note I am not far into the game but I really am enjoying it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What i don't understand is i saw a few reviews complaining that the music is getting repetitive... how? when the soundtrack has like 100 tracks...

Zafir

At this rate I'm going to have to pay a late fee for this DVD rental. I can't watch it because every evening there's something blocking me....

Exams, story beats, or even story beats the next day which mean I have to go to sleep early.
x.x

I hope it isn't much.

Sn4ke_911

So to play with jp voices we need to wait for release day?

Jiraiza

Yup.

The english VA is phenomenal though.

JP would fit better obviously, but it's one of the rare "JP game anime dub" that isn't cringe worthy to me. The direction is outstanding.

I would play English right now, if not for the fact that Lelouch, Gintoki, Light, Velvet, and etc are all in one game. Too good.

Sn4ke_911

Yup.

JP would fit better obviously, but it's one of the rare "JP game anime dub" that isn't cringe worthy to me. The direction is outstanding.

Bummer, i really wanna play with jp dub, my game shipped already but i guess i can wait one more day.

I hope you like Beneath the Mask

Hmm..

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
English VA in Persona games has been historically very good.

Still using JP this time

Slaythe

English VA in Persona games has been historically very good.

Still using JP this time

Yeah yeah but this took it up one notch.

Outside of the obvious "immersion" issue of them not speaking japanese, I really am impressed with this english VA. There wasn't a single line yet I felt was badly delivered.

Considering I got the game today, I sure wasn't gonna wait till next week to get the jp voices :p .

Picked this up at a local supermarket earlier today and cancelled my Amazon preorder.

Three hours just flew by like they were nothing. I absolutely love the presentation. The voice acting is also pretty good so far.

I think people are going to be divisive about the soundtrack. Personally I am already enjoying it more than 5 because the tone of it reminds me more of P3. I should note I am not far into the game but I really am enjoying it.

More like P3 is good to hear. I wonder if Shoji Meguro was influenced by Sade; his jazzy tracks always remind me of her stuff.

Yup.

Wait, really? Is the JP VA a separate download or something? What's the reason for locking it to release day?

brawly

Just when I thought I had seen every amazing transition and menu another one is bound to show up.

The style is off the charts.

Slaythe

More like P3 is good to hear. I wonder if Shoji Meguro was influenced by Sade; his jazzy tracks always remind me of her stuff.

Wait, really? Is the JP VA a separate download or something? What's the reason for locking it to release day?

Well it's meant to be "on day of release", so people that got it early don't have access to it.

The JP voices are an additional DLC. The reason is that the game has a lot of full HD videos already so having double the assets in JP and ENG was probably not a solution. It's also on ps3 after all. It was easier to just make a DLC.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The game is already over 20 GB on its own. I wouldn't be shocked if the difference between including the JP VA or not is the difference between releasing the game on a 25 GB BD vs. a 50 GB one. There is a TON of voice acting, after all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait im confused now, is there JP voice acting or not in the US/EU release?

asking for PS4 version if that makes a difference.

Well it's meant to be "on day of release", so people that got it early don't have access to it.

The JP voices are an additional DLC. The reason is that the game has a lot of full HD videos already so having double the assets in JP and ENG was probably not a solution. It's also on ps3 after all. It was easier to just make a DLC.

Ugh great. Wonder how big that download is.

JJShadow

6 hours in and it still feels like I'm playing the intro lol Slow start but shit is getting real really soon here

(Spoilers first 6 hours)
This physical education teacher has become one of the most repulsive and hateful videogame characters I've ever met, cannot wait to kick his ass hard

evilsin

YAY! An OT!

Have to agree about the slow start. Other than that I adore this, although the SP management is very painful in the beginning.

So I'm just about to delve into the second main dungeon. So far I haven't bought any equipment at all (mostly still have starting stuff plus a few weapons found in the first dungeon). Should I spend some cash on weapons armor? If so, what is best to buy? Guns, melee, armor?

Slaythe

If I thought the difficulty of P4 Golden was nicely balanced, would you suggest I put P5 on normal or hard mode?

Hard. Definitely. Though the beginning ends up a bit harder.

My Amazon Preorder is now slated for Thursday?

They have been messing up yeah, sorry to hear that :/ .

Wtf.

YAY! An OT!

Have to agree about the slow start. Other than that I adore this, although the SP management is very painful in the beginning.

I mean, compared to persona 4, the start of P5 is "fast and furious" lmao.
Wait what. I LOVE persona games but the English VA has always been over the top disgusting and corny.

The VA is fantastic in P5. Stellar direction. Not cheesy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom