• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is already over 20 GB on its own. I wouldn't be shocked if the difference between including the JP VA or not is the difference between releasing the game on a 25 GB BD vs. a 50 GB one. There is a TON of voice acting, after all.

That would mean the JP voice acting DLC is 5+ GB.

Olengie

Hard. Definitely. Though the beginning ends up a bit harder.

I mean, compared to persona 4, the start of P5 is "fast and furious" lmao.

The VA is fantastic in P5. Stellar direction. Not cheesy at all.

It annoys me more since I had the Collector's Edition preordered since June.

dan2026

Does anyone else find those text boxes that flash up when you are running round really annoying?

The screen is already so cluttered.

Also nobody in the dub can pronounce 'Sakamoto'. The JPN audio can't get here quick enough.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else find those text boxes that flash up when you are running round really annoying?

The screen is already so cluttered.

Also nobody in the dub can pronounce 'Sakamoto'. The JPN audio can't get here quick enough.

Honestly, I like the text boxes. They tend to convey the same sort of thing you'd normally get from talking to idle NPCs, but it's automatic, so you don't have to slow down.
Really the only "annoying" thing about the UI for me is that large pulsating block at the edge of text boxes (and the annoying click noise), but that goes away when you set the text to auto play, which I did pretty early on.

It's not just Sakamoto, it's Takamaki, Kitagawa, Makoto, and almost every name in the game. Granted it doesn't actually bother me much, but it's very much present.

Renmyra

I can't find this game by browsing the EU store. What's up with that? I can find it when searching, but not when browsing upcoming games or other categories.

Also, did they raise the prices on PSN recently? Most games are the equivalent of 64€ (including P5) instead of 60€. Andromeda is 68€... Might have to walk 500m to pick up a physical version.

Cromat

The hype here and the reviews got me. I pre-ordered the steel book edition. My first Persona game and first JRPG in over a decade I think.

ChanMan

More like P3 is good to hear. I wonder if Shoji Meguro was influenced by Sade; his jazzy tracks always remind me of her stuff.

Wait, really? Is the JP VA a separate download or something? What's the reason for locking it to release day?

Hmm very interesting! I never would have thought to draw comparisons to Sade but I can see some similarities between his music and her earlier work.

CSX

Today at store

Me "I'm just wondering if you have Persona 5 for sale"

Employee "Thank you"

Me " Huh? For what ma'am?"

Employee " You're the first person who actually pronounced the name correctly. Everyone keeps on saying Personified. . "

...store wasn't selling it early lol

At this point I'll just accept my Tuesday fate :p

Today at store

Employee "Thank you"

Employee " You're the first person who actually pronounced the name correctly. Everyone keeps on saying Personified. . "

Per-sonar 5 please.

Listening to some of the soundtrack on YouTube it's definitely funky. It reminds me of Isaac Hayes Shaft soundtrack.. I don't consider it acid jazz at all. More like fusion/funk/soul. Still, very very good vibes so far.

Really getting pumped!

massoluk

Banned
I'm not sure if this changes after the first dungeon, or later upgrades rectified the issue or may be I missed it but this make time management kinda hard
no hp/mp recovery spot, I am forced to bail because no resources to go on. Like you could pay money to restore health/mp at safe spot in other games at entrance

edit: This is not really a story spoiler, it's mechanics stuffs

-Horizon-

Still waiting on mine to ship

X1QlV4g.gif

Today at store

Employee "Thank you"

Persona means gente in Spanish
giphy.gif

Thud

No trophies are linked to any difficulty, but by setting it to "Safety", which makes you incredibly overpowered, you risk not getting the "Hear 250 navigator lines" trophy, which will require you to meet all sorts of condition during combat.

They still have this trophy? Atlus pls.

If I want to buy the game digitally and on disc, can I download patches to them seperately? What about saves, can I switch between the two? Obscure question, I know, but if anyone knows the answer, I'd be thankful.

I'm not sure if this changes after the first dungeon, or later upgrades rectified the issue or may be I missed it but this make time management kinda hard
no hp/mp recovery spot, I am forced to bail because no resources to go on
You'll definitely be able to get some accessories later on that will help with that.

Zafir

no hp/mp recovery spot, I am forced to bail because no resources to go on. Like you could pay money to restore health/mp at safe spot in other games at entrance

You can create coffee which restores SP I think.

I'm not sure how much it restores mind. I haven't actually tried it.

That said, I'm on the second dungeon, and
SP isn't the reason that you'll be leaving the dungeon...

btkadams

Activities spoilers. Is that a thing? Not sure what people want spoiler tagged so I'll tag it anyway. I'm unsure what to do!

For part-time work.

1. Convenience Store
2. Flower Shop
3. Beef Bowl Shop

Any suggestions?

Zafir

Activities spoilers. Is that a thing? Not sure what people want spoiler tagged so I'll tag it anyway. I'm unsure what to do!

For part-time work.

1. Convenience Store
2. Flower Shop
3. Beef Bowl Shop

Any suggestions?
How far into the game are you?

Near the start you can only do the convenience store because you need higher skills to do the other two.

RPGCrazied

My Amazon pre-order for the TYH edition still hasn't shipped :(

My steelbook hasn't shipped either. If I don't get this on Tuesday, its the last game I buy on Amazon.

First game I bought from BB and I got it a day early and that was Zelda. Amazon, get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom