• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewfonse

Not sure what difficulty I want to play this on.

Mainly playing for the story, but dont want the dungeons to be a snooze. First Persona game for me.

btkadams

How come I can take screenshots? I thought all of that was blocked... I literally just started, but I'm in a battle and took a screenshot. I also took one in a cutscene.

Not sure what difficulty I want to play this on.

Mainly playing for the story, but dont want the dungeons to be a snooze. First Persona game for me.

Go normal. The usual tradition is the first boss is the hardest since your less equipped then you will be for later bosses. You can move difficulty down but not up so there's that to consider.

Tunoku

How come I can take screenshots? I thought all of that was blocked... I literally just started, but I'm in a battle and took a screenshot. I also took one in a cutscene.

That's literally the only part where you can capture screens. It's gonna give you a notification soon enough.

Igama

Neo Member
My amazon.es preorder says it arrives Tuesday.

The wait hasn't been that long for me (compared to some of you I mean) since I played Persona for the first time just a couple of years ago. But this weekend is feeling long as fuck lol.

Drewfonse

Go normal. The usual tradition is the first boss is the hardest since your less equipped then you will be for later bosses. You can move difficulty down but not up so there's that to consider.

Ah, ok. I thought you could change difficulty up or down, as long as you didn't choose very easy and then want to switch.

Just got word that my copy is out for delivery, along with my Switch Pro controller. Good mail day. :)

Yeah it's Akira Kurusu. I'm satisfied with Yuuki for the first name though and don't know what to pick for his last name. I don't really like Kurusu. Japanese names man...

Go kujo. You've got a Jojo profile and at least two parts are set in japan. There's plenty of Japanese surnames from there to pick. I might go Kira kujo.

RiggyRob

Thinking of naming my own MC Akarui Meisei, which is Bright Fame in Japanese (which is the meaning of my real name), according to Google translate anyway.

Can anyone confirm it's 'correct' Japanese for a name? Akira Meisei supposedly translates to the same thing and I think it flows better as a name.

I was really hoping for the game to ship yesterday in the hopes of getting it early, but it looks like they're aiming it to ship so that it arrives precisely on day of release.

*sigh*

Setsu00

Thinking of naming my own MC Akarui Meisei, which is Bright Fame in Japanese (which is the meaning of my real name), according to Google translate anyway.

Can anyone confirm it's 'correct' Japanese for a name? Akira Meisei supposedly translates to the same thing and I think it flows better as a name.

Take Akira Meisei, that's at least a possible name. I don't think I've ever seen someone named Akarui.

I've posted this like 4 times in this thread already....but here goes.

Amazon's "Shipping by whatever date" predictions are garbage. Sometimes the game won't ship until Sunday night or Monday morning. In the 15-20 games I've pre-ordered on Amazon, almost all of them have shipped Sunday or Monday and only once have I still not received it by Tuesday.

Bottom line, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

All my past CE's from Amazon shipped on the exact/estimated date Amazon mentioned on the order page. This is the first one that isn't showing any clue about anything.

Since there was that issue with Amazon cancelling orders, I'm a bit concerned honestly, but hopefully let's see.

Astral

Go kujo. You've got a Jojo profile and at least two parts are set in japan. There's plenty of Japanese surnames from there to pick. I might go Kira kujo.

Oh shit you're right. I think I'll go with Yuuki Hirose. Once we get a swole Persona protagonist (never gonna happen) I'll grace him with the surname Kujo.

PinballRJ

Q8ITiaA.png

Got my Switch and Zelda a day early, now this, Best Buy has been amazing lately

Lucifon

The audio quality being poor makes this feel more like a last gen game than the visuals, it's really throwing me.

Lucifon

On PS4? What's your setup?

What do you mean? I haven't noticed any faults in audio and my setup is pretty good.
I just have a fairly decent Samsung Soundbar hooked up to my B6. Audio sounds awesome on everything.

It's just the game has low quality audio. Voices sound compressed. I'm sure most won't notice but it's noticeable to me. In a similar way to going back to ps3/vita games usually have worse sounding audio.

It's weird how emotional I'm feeling about this release. So much has happened to me over the past four years, and it's been a lifetime going back to when Persona 4 came out. Thinking back to all those moments where I stayed up late for Atlus to troll me...for this to finally come out feels weird to me.

So about 3 hours in now, the story definitely starts off strong. Loving it so far, however not used to igor's voice yet, really miss the old one :(

Early spoilers
just had the not where Morgana visits for the first time in the human world and it looks like the team make ppl confess by stealing their hearts, however a side effect is eventual death. don't think it will happen, however if itdoes then can't see the team getting along well with p4 cast lol

Slaythe

Just want to state the VA (english) is phenomenal.

It's probably one of the best direction I have heard in a JP game yet.

haolee

Neo Member
If I play on the easiest difficulty, will that affect trophies at all?

No trophies are linked to any difficulty, but by setting it to "Safety", which makes you incredibly overpowered, you risk not getting the "Hear 250 navigator lines" trophy, which will require you to meet all sorts of condition during combat.

Slaythe

I'm playing on HARD, but I love this has a SAFE option mode. I know many people who want to enjoy the game's story could be put off by the difficulty otherwise.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I picked up an old fat PS3 to play this on, and I've never owned one before. How does it handle very long (several hour) play sessions? Do I need to worry about causing damage via overheating or anything like that? It's been running Dark Souls fine, but I don't usually play that for more than a couple of hours at a time.

I am in love with this games art style. I found a place selling the game early and took advantage. This game doesn't disappoint.

artsi

I just have a fairly decent Samsung Soundbar hooked up to my B6. Audio sounds awesome on everything.

It's just the game has low quality audio. Voices sound compressed. I'm sure most won't notice but it's noticeable to me. In a similar way to going back to ps3/vita games usually have worse sounding audio.

I have to compare when I get my localized version if there's any difference, but I haven't noticed compression in either music or dialog playing the JP version.

Platypus

Really? That's kind of a bummer. I was hoping I could start on normal and then bump to hard later if the game gets too easy.

Grewitch

Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I picked up an old fat PS3 to play this on, and I've never owned one before. How does it handle very long (several hour) play sessions? Do I need to worry about causing damage via overheating or anything like that? It's been running Dark Souls fine, but I don't usually play that for more than a couple of hours at a time.

I can only give you my impressions, having bought the original fat PS3, never had any problems with overheating over long sessions. If your system is fine, you'll be good. If there's a defect, you'll find out when it happens, so I hope you encounter no problems.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm four hours in and i'm floored by the soundtrack. Holy shit, it's so, so good. I sometimes just want to keep some conversation playing because the music is blowing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom