• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hours in, brilliant so far.

Many of the joke responses from the main character are seriously funny, lol.

Yeah they are lol. Are there any notable consequences to replying with the joke responses? I was going to
tell the police that Ryuji was bullying me
but didn't in case it mattered.

So I'll be playing this on the 4th and then jetting for Tokyo (first time) on the 13th. I didn't even plan it this way but it's funny how it worked out.

I'm hoping the game will be a nice appetizer to the main course overseas. ;D

Dominator

I can't wait to play on Very Easy and just experience the story and not have to worry about combat. That's how I did Persona 4 Golden and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

tmespe

I can't wait to play on Very Easy and just experience the story and not have to worry about combat. That's how I did Persona 4 Golden and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
If feel the combat in this one is actually easier so far. You also have the auto weakness button.

Congratulations, you now know what it actually feels like to walk around in Shibuya Station in real life.
Except in real life you also have to deal with a million people walking increadibly fast.

bigmac996

Fireox' german start page showed this to me a few days ago:

srplkmhcp6pixaud2qdqzepuy0.png

It says: "This is an important notice, it is always correct: Never read the comments" And the yellow guy is a troll that holds his hands before its face and removes them in an animated Gif :D

Love this.

Yeah, after being burned twice now on 2 of my most anticipated games in recent memory I'm following this advice.

One copy of each version on separate orders from Amazon:

Regular says 'arriving Tuesday April 4'
TYH says 'arriving Tuesday'

Neither says preparing for shipment

:\

I didn't realize the breadth of the changes/improvements; specifically to the dungeons and social links. Puzzles?! Abilities/tools, etc?! Yes!

Honestly, I'll probably shelve Zelda for this once I get it. I've been waiting a LONG time for this. Excited!

How is the soundtrack for anyone that's heard/played it?

Atlas157

My TYH edition is "Shipping soon" from Amazon. Yesterday it said "Shipping March 31st" so I dunno what Amazon is doing.

Slaythe

I don't personally care for it, but I can't believe they still do not provide translations (text ones) for the EU main countries.

At least they still released the game in swift manner there. But it's gonna be hard to get a lot of new people into it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

so far it is absolutely incredible

wonderfully jazzy

i'm playing it on the easiest difficulty and it's great. dungeons can be handled in 1 in-game day and you can get back to the story stuff.

ckohler

Fuuuuck! I noticed my Amazon TYH edition I ordered back in July 2016 was done with a now expired card. So, I changed the billing method to my current card and they bumped the delivery to THURSDAY!!!

Am I fucked?

Kilau

Where is my preload? The count down timer is gone.

Fuuuuck! I noticed my Amazon TYH edition I ordered back in July 2016 was done with a now expired card. So, I changed the billing method to my current card and they bumped the delivery to THURSDAY!!!

Am I fucked?

Call them asap

so far it is absolutely incredible

wonderfully jazzy

i'm playing it on the easiest difficulty and it's great. dungeons can be handled in 1 in-game day and you can get back to the story stuff.

Good to hear! I forget that the game's been out in JP for a while so the soundtrack is around. I'll have to get on that...

I didn't realize the breadth of the changes/improvements; specifically to the dungeons and social links. Puzzles?! Abilities/tools, etc?! Yes!

Honestly, I'll probably shelve Zelda for this once I get it. I've been waiting a LONG time for this. Excited!

Loving the soundtrack so far. One thing I don't like though is how the music gets interrupted during combat when
you do a hold up

Just go buy it from a store on tuesday dude :p
It's not like it's going to run out day one.
Have to stay in Japan until the end of May and my PS4 is back home.
The suffering ... is real. Well, at least I have someone who will pick up the Take Your Heart Edition I pre-ordered for me, so it ain't all bad.

MTC100

Banned
So I'll be playing this on the 4th and then jetting for Tokyo (first time) on the 13th. I didn't even plan it this way but it's funny how it worked out.

I'm hoping the game will be a nice appetizer to the main course overseas. ;D

You shouldn't play P5 on the 4th then as it will be the main course.

Astral

I'm having a really hard time coming up with a name for the MC, not that I have the game yet or anything. I'd rather come up with one now though than to spend an hour in the name screen.

ckohler

Call them asap

Just got off the phone with Amazon. Dude bumped my order to next day delivery so I'll be getting it on Tuesday after all. Thank god. Jesus fuck that scared me.

I was like "I've had this preorder for almost a year and because I'm trying to be a good customer and make sure the payment works you penalize me!?" Guy was understanding enough but said if you ever change your billing after the fact, they have to reprocess the order... which sucks because I didn't do anything wrong! My bank reissued me a new card. He also said had I not changed the billing method at all, the ORDER WOULD HAVE JUST FAILED OUTRIGHT!

Let this be a warning to anyone with Amazon preorders. If the card you used when you made your order has since expired, changing it now will bump your delivery date back (unless you call and complain like I had to).

ShadyK54

Amazon finally shipped the TYH Edition, and it should get to me Tuesday around noonish. So so close to finally having the game in my hands! FeelsGoodMan

dan2026

The English voice acting is a little bit dodgy.
Some characters sound ok and some sound like they are phoning it in.

JJShadow

I'm having a really hard time coming up with a name for the MC, not that I have the game yet or anything. I'd rather come up with one now though than to spend an hour in the name screen.

I spent like 20 minutes deciding and then just went for his manga name, I´m really digging it

Am I fucked?
Me too. We're both fucked. Hope they don't cancel it...

I'm preordering the digital one too so it's not too bad for me but I feel like shit right now.

Edit: I'll try chatting with them later.

haolee

Neo Member
The English voice acting is a little bit dodgy.
Some characters sound ok and some sound like they are phoning it in.

So far, Matt Mercer's Yusuke sounds like he's playing it too safe. I also had high hopes for Tomokazu Sugita as Yusuke's Japanese VA, yet he also played it straight and unexciting, but at least he brought more personality to Yusuke. Mercer seems somewhat plainer.

Amazon finally shipped the TYH Edition, and it should get to me Tuesday around noonish. So so close to finally having the game in my hands! FeelsGoodMan

I'm still on suicide watch since Amazon hasn't even changed the status to dispatching. Just left it on not yet dispatched. I've called up and bullshited it's a birthday gift for Tuesday so here is hoping they push it up in priority. Shame to hear tomokazu sugita played it safe when he's basically the king at playing wacky zany characters.

I'm still on suicide watch since Amazon hasn't even changed the status to dispatching. Just left it on not yet dispatched. I've called up and bullshited it's a birthday gift for Tuesday so here is hoping they push it up in priority. Shame to hear tomokazu sugita played it safe when he's basically the king at playing wacky zany characters.
Is your payment status up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom