• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is an early-ass OT, ain't it? Making me sad I have more than 3 days t wait.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sooooooooo which Confidant should I prioritize in terms of usefulness.

Finally after around 6 hours the game finally let me roam freely, lol. It's interesting that more than 50% of people jump straight to the 1st Palace again on the 'first' day tho, hmmmmmmm.

When you play 10+ hours of persona day1, need to sleep, but arent ready for it to end....

. said:
17757832_1432240726855812_1784998482_n.jpg

First time i've turned it on for something other than p3p,p4g and p4:dan in years and....... its for another persona game :p.

Less excited note, my TYH edition still hasnt been dispatched from amazon uk c:

So I'm just about to delve into the second main dungeon. So far I haven't bought any equipment at all (mostly still have starting stuff plus a few weapons found in the first dungeon). Should I spend some cash on weapons armor? If so, what is best to buy? Guns, melee, armor?

Anyone suggestions on this?

Right? I thought OTs only go up the day before the official release date.

It's a well made OT...

I'm not bothered by it being a bit early...

When you play 10+ hours of persona day1, need to sleep, but arent ready for it to end....

First time i've turned it on for something other than p3p,p4g and p4:dan in years and....... its for another persona game :p.

Less excited note, my TYH edition still hasnt been dispatched from amazon uk c:

Shit I have to find my VIta

Zafir

Why would this matter? I doubt they redid all the animations to match the western synching.

Considering adding English always seems an after thought to them (look how long it takes to get localised...) it wouldn't be that surprising to me if the audio was tied to the animation regardless of whether they spent the time to redo the animations to lip sync.

Gestahl

Finally after around 6 hours the game finally let me roam freely, lol. It's interesting that more than 50% of people jump straight to the 1st Palace again on the 'first' day tho, hmmmmmmm.

Death
's the one to focus on early on, and mainlining
Temperance
when it unlocks is absolutely recommended.

Seriously. When I went back and reviewed this game's history... original release of Winter 2014?!

I bet the delays served it well though!

The features in the OP make it sound like they used the time well, yeah. Didn't know about any of them until entering this thread. The stealth aspect in particular seems like an intelligent evolution of the previous games' mission/dungeon structure.

This wait, I just can't.

The features in the OP make it sound like they used the time well, yeah. Didn't know about any of them until entering this thread. The stealth aspect in particular seems like an intelligent evolution of the previous games' mission/dungeon structure.

This wait, I just can't.

I did watch a bit of gameplay and to me the overall style/design of the UI is kind of a huge jump for JRPG's - that's honestly what has me the most excited.

Zafir

Am I safe to sell all the 'treasure' items?

I assume I am, but you never know. A lot of games says they sell for a lot and then proceeds to require them for quests/crafting. -.-

13 hours played almost......And i got the game last night after work......My God I forgot how good persona games are. 4 was my top 10 game of all time. I think this will be in that list too...Ok gonna go play some more!

Jiraiza

Urgh, fuck it, going to play a little since I can't wait until Tuesday. I'll switch over to Japanese and start over on release day.

Streaming at https://beam.pro/Excorsism in about 5 minutes if anyone's interested in the opening segments. Not really sure if the Beam police will come knocking on my door, but we'll see.

DVCY201

Normally I enjoy the English Dub and I still AM enjoying it, but are some of the pronunciations completely off? Like, Sakamoto and etc.? This is bothering me

Dumb but related question: anyone fluent in Japanese and able to identify a term that might essentially mean "fiery wind?" Trying to come up with my protag's last name before I get the game on Tuesday and trying to keep it Japanese-sounding so he isn't running around modern day Japan with a Westernized name. For the record, while I know it's not exactly a meaning-derived name, just going to use "Joe" as his first name (thinking Joe Higashi in King of Fighters) -- that's just my real name, too.

Quick google search yields "Honokaze" as a possible single-word term that I could plug in as the last name... But haven't been able to verify.

Thanks for anyone that can lend me some help in that regard!

SamuraiX-

I'm sure this has been asked before and if it happened recently feel free to just direct me to a post.

I generally like JRPGs. I want to try this but it would be my first Persona game. The artistic direction of the series has always been off-putting to me to the point where I couldn't imagine putting more than a few hours in the game because the art style just irks me.

Has anyone else felt hesitant to jump into the series for similar reasons but then found that you were just overreacting and maybe even found yourself actually liking the art direction in the end?

Slaythe

I'm sure this has been asked before and if it happened recently feel free to just direct me to a post.

I generally like JRPGs. I want to try this but it would be my first Persona game. The artistic direction of the series has always been off-putting to me to the point where I couldn't imagine putting more than a few hours in the game because the art style just irks me.

Has anyone else felt hesitant to jump into the series for similar reasons but then found that you were just overreacting and maybe even found yourself actually liking the art direction in the end?

I mean... What's off putting ? The colors ? The artworks ? The design ?

Just know that it has one of the most satisfying turn based combat, coupled with deep stories. If you like Jrpgs, I'd give it a chance. But it's a shame if the art style doesn't please you, since it's a strong plus on my end.

I didn't like the persona games myself until 4, but went back and enjoyed what I played. I think caring about the characters / stories help a lot.

Even though this one gives you less time because I feel like they heard the complaints about P4's insanely slow start. Still, it's meaty in content.

Is there a huge difficulty spike playing on Normal like there was in P4?

I know you can choose to drop the difficulty down a notch while you're playing, so that's good.

I've been replaying nocturne in hype, it's very different then persona but still has that atlus charm to it. This is the longest weekend wait I've had to deal with. I need my anime fix.

btkadams

Where are you currently at? I don't remember how many floors but there were three section. Main entrance, then chapel, then tower.
Oh! Ok well I'm in the main entrance then. I think I'm on the 3rd floor of it. Definitely haven't seen a chapel yet. I didn't realize the palace had different areas like that.

muteki

IIRC I did the doc first as it eventually gets you access to something that helps out with SP.

Plus I found the whole idea of that one pretty interesting in general.

Oh! Ok well I'm in the main entrance then. I think I'm on the 3rd floor of it. Definitely haven't seen a chapel yet. I didn't realize the palace had different areas like that.

Oh you are not even halfway there yet i think. Every time you exit the dungeon to go back to the real world the game kind of tells you how far you have left to go. or if you discuss with your teammate in the save room about current progress you can get a rough idea.

btkadams

Oh you are not even halfway there yet i think. Every time you exit the dungeon to go back to the real world they game kind of tells you how far you have left to go. or if you discuss with your teammate in the save room about current progress you can get a rough idea.
Ok good to know. Thank you!

kudoboi

Think the mods decided to allow it since so many people got the game early and to prevent excess talk about the game in other threads.

Yeah. the game got an early release in some countries too. It was already being sold in game shops here on the 29th

Metal Sev

Neo Member
Just got the notification from Amazon that my Take Your Heart edition has shipped and is expected to arrive on Monday. If it actually does arrive Monday, this will be my first every "early" game release. SO stoked dude. P4 came in at just the right time for me in high school, and now P5 seems to be coming in perfectly during my college years.

Just got the notification from Amazon that my Take Your Heart edition has shipped and is expected to arrive on Monday. If it actually does arrive Monday, this will be my first every "early" game release. SO stoked dude. P4 came in at just the right time for me in high school, and now P5 seems to be coming in perfectly during my college years.

I'm assuming you're not in Canada?

Does Amazon.ca ship on weekends? (Mine hasn't shipped yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom