• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get temperance to rank 10? I'm stuck at 9 and
she isn't available when I try to call her agency. I chose the friendship route.

AngelHime

Neo Member
I feel like this time around it's much easier using my time wisely in this game. Rarely had an issue where a stat was too low for me to talk to someone.

Ydelnae

I feel like this time around it's much easier using my time wisely in this game. Rarely had an issue where a stat was too low for me to talk to someone.

Wait until everyone expects you to be the second coming of Christ in order to spend time with them lol

This thread is torture, I've come to realize that I need another Vita. I didn't understand how much I actually used remote play. After spending 80+ hours in Zelda so quickly and still being able to watch my kid and be around the family. Is anyone else playing this via remote play ? How's the controls?

This thread is torture, I've come to realize that I need another Vita. I didn't understand how much I actually used remote play. After spending 80+ hours in Zelda so quickly and still being able to watch my kid and be around the family. Is anyone else playing this via remote play ? How's the controls?

Isn't it possible to stream PS4 games to any android phone?

It controls great on the Vita. Only the run button is awkward (back touchpad) but I never run anyway. I went from playing most of Zelda on the gamepad to playing Persona 5 on my Vita half the time, lol.

Dragner

Finished the 3rd palace. That was a beating died a bunch of times because criticals being mercyless with me also not a lot of safe rooms. Boss was really easy tho, so far bosses are way easier than the ones in P3/4.

Aki-at

So I just recently started this game (and by recent I mean 9 hours in and on the first dungeon) since I've been a media black out I don't know much so I've been astonished by simple things like the transistion screens in the loading screens or how the pause menu has seperate animation for each option.

Absolutely loving how much style this game is oozing. I thought Yakuza 0 would be set to be my game of the year but damn this is a worthy challenger.

duckroll

Did I imagine it, or did the "Tall Female Student" who came with Mishima to apologize at the end of the Kamoshida story arc, actually pronounce Takamaki properly? Was this the ONE instance that slipped through?

I feel like I should always be studying when it's raining... is that true? Feels like wasting free points if I don't but ughhh these S-Links aren't gonna raise themselves either... what do

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I feel like I should always be studying when it's raining... is that true? Feels like wasting free points if I don't but ughhh these S-Links aren't gonna raise themselves either... what do
I try to go to the diner and order hot coffee for 2 or 3 points, but yeah it's not always possible.

Ydelnae

My strategy is to prioritize social stats when possible until they reach rank 4, and then spend time with social links. I only raise stats when I can get 3 or more than 3 points in a single action.

Moon, Temperance and Death S-Links have priority over stats.

gun_haver

Just a general observation, kind of a complaint:

This dialogue is so fucking repetitive. This was an issue in Persona 4 too, but every 10 minutes or less every character repeats all of the details and vague nonsense currently going on in the plot. This also applies to every element of gameplay introduced, nothing just happens, it all has to be turned over 20 times by everyone.

This is how Persona games work, sure, but I guess coming back to it again for this one I'm just thinking 'man, again? i get it, the door needs a key' (or whatever it is). It's like the game thinks that every 10 minutes of gameplay you'll take a 6 month break and forget everything that is happen.

For a game that talks so much about rumours, it doesn't leave anything up to speculation.

The characters are fine when they're actually saying something new or revealing their personalities, but a lot of the time I just want them to shut the fuck up and move on.

Spoilers 5/20
Madarame and Yusuke are completely lame and boring characters so far. I was pretty disappointed when Yusuke joined your team, was hoping he would disappear after this mission was over with. He won't be getting used.

The Kamoshida stuff was so much better than this.

duckroll

I'm so glad the first late return on DVD rental gets waived. I was so boned because I left it to the last minute and got stuck on 2 days of story stuff where I couldn't even return the DVDs. LOL.

God, Ryuji is so damn stupid.

He wants to expose their identities simply for notoriety and respect.

Maybe being a moron is the point since Morgana calls him a dumbass constantly.

RDreamer

Just a general observation, kind of a complaint:

This dialogue is so fucking repetitive. This was an issue in Persona 4 too, but every 10 minutes or less every character repeats all of the details and vague speculation currently going on in the plot. This also applies to every element of gameplay introduced, nothing just happens, it all has to be turned over 20 times by everyone.

This is how Persona games work, sure, but I guess coming back to it again for this one I'm just thinking 'man, again? i get it, the door needs a key' (or whatever it is). It's like the game thinks that every 10 minutes of gameplay you'll take a 6 month break and forget everything that is happen.

For a game that talks so much about rumours, it doesn't leave anything up to speculation.

It seems to be a lot of Japanese writing in general. I noticed it with other games, most notably the Bravely series felt like every conversation was a loop of the same things repeated about 4 times.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm so glad the first late return on DVD rental gets waived. I was so boned because I left it to the last minute and got stuck on 2 days of story stuff where I couldn't even return the DVDs. LOL.
I returned after 28 days and he asked me 33600 yen. I bailed out of the shop and then decided to fuck it and pay, and then he waived it :/

Makoto has it rough. Poor girl.
She's awesome. Best girl.

Rodin

Is the bold eyepatch (+evade physical low) worth using on a character? I can sell it for 6000 yen otherwise. New weapons and armors are expensive and i'll need them for the third palace, i'm still using the equip i had during the first one lol

EndMerit

It's an interesting -or rather, odd- detail to me that you can encounter Angels in 3rd palace. Not only I don't understand how they fit 3rd target's and his palace's theme, but also by that point level 12 monsters/personas are easily outclassed by you.

Fuck this game. For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, my PS4 shut down completely over night.

I'm looking at somewhere around 8-10 hours of progress lost somehow.

How about incorporating... oh I dunno... a fucking autosave? That said, I thought safe rooms in the palaces did this?

N° 2048

Fuck this game. For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, my PS4 shut down completely over night.

How about incorporating... oh I dunno... a fucking autosave? That said, I thought safe rooms in the palaces did this?

How about you save more than every 8 hours ? lol

Domstercool

There is no auto save. You use save points to save by pressing the option button (it flashes at the bottom).

I have no idea how you managed not to save in 8 hours. O_O

mike6467

So...I apparently waited awhile to get the Temperance arcana going. Question:

This is introduced via the maid event they brought up right? I'm trying to trigger that, but it's 6/22 and I can't figure out how to do it. I thought I was looking for Mishima on Central Street but he's nowhere to be found.

Zesh

I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I feel like May is dragging a bit. Does it get any better, or is the whole game like this?

Weiss

Banned
I just got to the beach and it makes me really wish the rumours that not romancing Ann would lead her to hooking up with Ryuji were true.

There is no auto save. You use save points to save by pressing the option button (it flashes at the bottom).

I have no idea how you managed not to save in 8 hours. O_O

Me neither.

I know there's no autosave, but ps4 was on standby anyway. I thought I had saved more recently but apparently not - it's almost as if modern gaming has taught me to not have to worry about it.

_Ryo_

Its not the games fault you didn't choose to save frequently. Nowhere in the game is any mention of autosaving so its up to the user to do it manually. I mean, yeah it sucks you lost so many hours but I dunno how you're blaming the game for it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I got railroaded, forgot afterwards and returned it 26 days late. I'm now terrified to rent another.

Kuro

Im starting to get sick of all the cheap deaths in this game. Make one tiny mistake and an enemy self destructs and oneshots the whole team. Like the game is already long enough for them to be wasting your time with that shit.

SephiZack

So I made a video for beginners showing what I think are some of the best early-game personas (under 30).

https://youtu.be/Qt2Cz9R5_j8
It's in order from lowest level to highest level, so you can just stop at your level if you don't want to get stuff spoilered.

Also text version.

TL; DW

Fusion calculator: https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/index.html#/list/level

You can use pretty much whatever you want without following these tips. I play just by randomly forging whatever I don’t already have to complete my collection. Just make sure you have a good variety of elements and skills.

Get some debuffs for when you face bosses. (ATK & AGI debuffs). It’s not necessary but will make your life easier against bosses. For example, the earliest ATK debuff you can get is at level 4 from Bicorn.

Obariyon (level 8) has Snap, Sukunda and learns Lucky Punch at level 9. Snap is a Gun dmg skill and Sukunda is AGI debuff. Lucky Punch is very very useful as it has high critical rate. You can use it to bring down enemies for which you don’t have strong element against or they don’t have weaknesses. It also works against enemies that resist physical attacks, but it will not work against enemies that block/repel physical attacks (unless they have statuses like freeze)

Andras (level 10) learns Apt pupil at level 13, a passive which increases critical rate. Along with lucky punch, you will do criticals very often

Onmoraki (level 12) learns Pulinpa and confusion boost at 15. It’s useful for money farming (guide here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/comments/646re5/update_money_farming_guide_40k_up_to_170k_per/)

Makami (level 15) has Frei (nuclear dmg). I think it’s the first persona to have it and you won’t find many others, so take it in case you find someone weak to Nuclear

Ippon-Datara (level 13) is strong to Fire, Blessing and Curse and repels Wind while only weak to Ice. Also he learns Rampage at 15 which is a nice AoE physical attack for early phases

MATADOR (level 19) BEST EARLY GAME PERSONA. Learns Swift Strike at level 20 (3-4 light phys damage to all enemies). The damage output is huge and to put it into perspective, Ryuuji (Captain Kid), which is your main physical damage dealer at the beginning, learns Swift Strike at level 32, which is basically 2 palaces later. Just get this persona.

Suzaku (level 19) learns Speed Master at level 23, a passive that applies AGI bonus (Accuracy/Evasion) at the beginning of the battle. Combine it with Matador’s Swift Strike to miss less.

Shiki-Ouji (level 21) BLOCKS physical/gun damage and is the perfect early recipient for Swift Strike + Speed Master. You need to fuse Suzaku with Jack-o-Lantern to make Orobas and then fuse Obarion with Matador. Shiki-Ouji’s only weakness is Nuclear and there aren’t many nuclear enemies while there are lots of physical enemies.

Phoenix (level 22, Feng Huang in the calculator) learns Recarm at level 25 (Revive ally). Very useful in case you don’t want to farm money for revive items.

Anzu (level 25) small mention because of Masukukaja (AGI buff to whole party)

Principality (level 29) learns Mediarama at level 31 (moderate heal to party), Morgana’s Zorro learns it at 34

Setanta (level 28) learns Charge at level 34. Charge increases your damage of your next physical attack by 2.5x. It will still be a core skill at the end of the game.

Neko Shogun (level 30) learns Invigorate 1 at level 31. 3 SP regen each turn

Just tell me if I missed something or I said something wrong.

kadotsu

Banned
The only thing I really dislike in this game is that leading up to some palaces you get screwed out of evening activities just because. Met up with someone to discuss a name, you are now too tired to do anything else.

Where can you get more requests for Mementos? I have only one request about a
bully in the school
, but I don't wanna waste an entire day on that so I'm waiting to get more.

Do I have to do that first before more requests become available?

jesus christ that 5th dungeon boss was ridiculous. barely beat him

5th dungeon spoilers:
that stupid burger attack does so much damage even when guarding, and then there's okumura constantly casting debuffs from the back...ughhh. plus, you can't use any all out attacks throughout the battle thanks to him. easily the most un-fun boss battle so far

Something I accidentally discovered for this boss fight.
The really powerful burger attack will heal when anyone affected by hunger. Which is awesome and hilarious.

Did I imagine it, or did the "Tall Female Student" who came with Mishima to apologize at the end of the Kamoshida story arc, actually pronounce Takamaki properly? Was this the ONE instance that slipped through?

Yep, I caught that too. I think there might be another time where this happens later as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom