• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Weirdly, I find Kanji more thoughtful than Ryugi. Kanji doesn't really strike me as the type to be all
omg we're gonna be so famous and awesome when everyone knows us as the Phantom Thieves
. That and the general idiocy strike me as very Yosuke--Kanji was dumb a lot, but more in that he lacked knowledge rather than common sense. Also,
Operation Maidwatch
feels like a Yosuke thing too. Though that one I forgive because
OH MY GOD THE PAYOFF.

I was speaking about Kanji BEFORE he become a teamate.
that's why I said that Ryugi is the version of Kanji (for me) that was before the heroes came in his life.
Kanji is my third fav char in Persona 4, such a sweety, lol

But I already said that I hope Ryugi grow a bit during main story, I've no problem with him in his social link compared to Mishima xD

Quick question for those further in (I'm up to the second palace) does the game open up eventually? I feel I'm unable to explore the city/ work on my attributes/ do anything at night. I'm always being told to go to bed or that we meeting someone after school and don't get a chance to do anything.... Also feeling like the friendship/romance options are really lacking at the moment...

aravuus

I'm still smashing my way through the third dungeon thanks to the SP accessories. There have been a couple of close cuts cause I got careless, but otherwise it's been pretty stress-free. I'd imagine the SP accessories lose some of their luster later on, when skill start using a lot more SP than what I can regenerate.

Chaos17

Quick question for those further in (I'm up to the second palace) does the game open up eventually? I feel I'm unable to explore the city/ work on my attributes/ do anything at night. I'm always being told to go to bed or that we meeting someone after school and don't get a chance to do anything.... Also feeling like the friendship/romance options are really lacking at the moment...

I just finished chapter 4 and yes, each chapter the game let you breath more. I hope it won't go backward in chapter 5 to chapter 2 pacing, I might quit if they do that, lol
My advice to have more free time (and the game kinda push you to that) is to finish asap palaces. Go buy sp accessory if you can it will help you to not have go back often to real world to regen sp.

Jintor

where does makoto hang? she's not by the stucoroom, i only seem to find her if she texts me. Is she hanging out in shinjuku?

/edit nevermind, she just texted me, i guess she has availability days

nOoblet16

So, picked this up a few hours ago and finally got to the part where I get my Stand.

Damn son, now THAT certainly had some impact to it that the last four games didn't. Nice to see that Atlus really went places with this game's budget.

1. Is this game running at 60FPS? There's no clear consensus on whether it is or not.

2. Though one thing - Movement feels rather floaty and janky compared to 3 and 4. Anyone else feel this too? Kinda feels awkward and disorienting navigating around places.
Eh? It's very clearly 30FPS.
I am actually disappointed that a game that is so dated graphically can't run at 60FPS.

HMD

where does makoto hang? she's not by the stucoroom, i only seem to find her if she texts me. Is she hanging out in shinjuku?

Next to the library at school.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Open the map and press square if you want to figure out in which region people are.

SHarris78

A few hours in and I love everything about the game expect it's too difficult for me, and I'm playing on easy.

Keep running into these flying dragon things that sick the HP out of you - used up all the items I had (which wasn't very much) and used the HP giving Personas until I had nothing left.

MSMrRound

Student Council Room/In front of school gates (if Sunday) if I remember correctly

A few hours in and I love everything about the game expect it's too difficult for me, and I'm playing on easy.

Keep running into these flying dragon things that sick the HP out of you - used up all the items I had (which wasn't very much) and used the HP giving Personas until I had nothing left.

Those are really weak to gun attacks.

A general tip would be to get the drop on the enemies via ambush so that your team can move first.

In terms of gun attacks

-Anne got loads of ammo compared to the rest to spare, but her aim is over the place.
-MC and Morgana are pretty balanced
-While Ryuji's hit the hardest but ammo is the least

AngryMoth

Just got the ability to swgich out party members. Is it better to rotate people in and out or just ignore someone for the rest of the game?

Because i have slow internet, i thought id try the game out as soon as the 3GB downloads, and see how far it gets me. Hid it in Spoilers, just in case.

The 2nd Velvet Room Cutscene, after leaving Kamoshida's Castle for the first time.

PranooY

I hit confidant rank 3 of Takemi, early in the game. But after a ton of messages calling me to her clinic, it is always your bond won't deepen. Is there something I should do? (I'm at Dungeon 4 now).

Recall

Gun attack all of them to then to a Hold Up and then go for the all out attack.

Reposting this...

Tips on dungeon 2 boss on hard mode?
I don't really have the time to cast buffs / debuffs. It's pretty much 2 shot for any attack. Do I need the Phys All skills from Ryuji and Yusuke? I get the feeling that I need to go all in but I can't deal enough damage without risking death on next round.

Chaos17

I hit confidant rank 3 of Takemi, early in the game. But after a ton of messages calling me to her clinic, it is always your bond won't deepen. Is there something I should do? (I'm at Dungeon 4 now).

Odd wiki say you just need guts to rank her up above 2 but you were able to rank her 3... you shouldn't have too much problem if you replied decently in her cut-scenes.

aravuus

The 'bond won't deepen' message just means that if you spend time with her now, you'll get a couple of SLink points towards her next rank but the SLink rank won't go up. The ranks go up according to how many SLink points you've got - good answers during the times spent that do raise the rank get you more, bad answers don't get you any. So if you answer correctly every time during the actual SLink sequences, the SLink will probably rank up every time you see her. If not, you'll occasionally have to spend time with her even though the rank won't go up at that time.

e: slink = confidant. Sorry, always forget that's what they're called in P5.

Frimaire

When it says your bond won't deepen, it doesn't mean you should wait to hang out with them, it just means that you won't get a rank up this time.
If it says your bond won't deepen yet, you'll probably need to spend time with them 2 or sometimes 3 times to get the next rank up.
I'm at like rank 7 with Tae and I'm only in dungeon 3.

aravuus

Man, I kinda love having AI control the rest of the party.

Even though they do occasionally make some pretty dumb moves lol.

HMD

I found a Kingdom Hearts reference! Invite people to the high-end shopping district and you'll find a Kingdom Hearts crown in the background.

aravuus

How do you do that?

Menu -> Stats -> Tactics (R1) if you're out of battle. In-battle, it's L2 and tactics during MC's turn, I think.

You can set the party AI there. Direct Commands means you control them, Act Freely is something along the lines of "do whatever you want to", Full Assault, Conserve SP and Heal/Support are pretty self-explanatory.

Morgana is set to Heal/Support for me, the rest to Act Freely.

Zolo

Just beat Madarame on hard. Went well mostly. I got the heads up on this thread though on how to handle him. Did grinding for an extra level for Yusuke, so he could get brutal strike which allowed him to hit all targets. Also had rampage for MC and Ryuji. After that, I just had Morgana on healing duty.

PranooY

When it says your bond won't deepen, it doesn't mean you should wait to hang out with them, it just means that you won't get a rank up this time.
If it says your bond won't deepen yet, you'll probably need to spend time with them 2 or sometimes 3 times to get the next rank up.
I'm at like rank 7 with Tae and I'm only in dungeon 3.
Oh ok, I'll do that.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Is there a way to fill in your calendar? I am reaching the deadline of the first Castle and i am feeling that i have missed a lot and called it a day way to soon.
I think it would be handy for me if i can plan stuff by writing it down the calendar and follow that daily

Chaos17

Is there a way to fill in your calendar? I am reaching the deadline of the first Castle and i am feeling that i have missed a lot and called it a day way to soon.
I think it would be handy for me if i can plan stuff by writing it down the calendar and follow that daily
No

Man, I kinda love having AI control the rest of the party.

Even though they do occasionally make some pretty dumb moves lol.
If it works like P3/P4 then having to constantly change tactics (which you will have to do to survive) doesn't really take you less time than direct control. By the same token that people overstate the importance of direct control In P3 Portable over tactics in FES, there is not really a point in using the AI system when you have direct control available. It does add to the atmosphere though, I admit. Was always fun having the AI controlling the party for you while you gave orders, felt like you were actually fighting together with actual people rather than robots getting controlled by a hive mind.

pbayne

Lol the dvd/movie dialogue continues to be gold.

Got my first full s-link, got Futaba and accrued over 1 million yen. Im on top of this shit. Man why is Sojiro's s-link so hard to further tho.

Direct control is the way to go. I can't imagine leaving anything to chance.

Nah, I've had maybe two or three game overs on normal and I'm pretty sure I had direct control when they happened. I need to concentrate on the soundtrack. I pretty much sing along or whistle to every track at this point, lol.

aravuus

If it works like P3/P4 then having to constantly change tactics (which you will have to do to survive) doesn't really take you less time than direct control. By the same token that people overstate the importance of direct control In P3 Portable over tactics in FES, there is not really a point in using the AI system when you have direct control available. It does add to the atmosphere though, I admit. Was always fun having the AI controlling the party for you while you gave orders, felt like you were actually fighting together with actual people rather than robots getting controlled by a hive mind.

Exactly, it's the feeling of actually being the MC with a group of friends that makes it so much fun for me.

I'm playing on easy, I'm only on the third dungeon and I've got some pretty game-breaking gear (for now) on (like the SP 3 accessories for all), so for the time being, I don't really have to change tactics at all, I'm destroying groups of enemies with relative ease.

I'm sure this changes later on and I'll have to switch everyone back to direct command.

e: being able to ask for money over and over again is so worth it. I can usually ask for money 3-4 times during the same hold up before the enemy gets mad and attacks again.

nOoblet16

Man I absolutely hate that Anubis (Bearer of Scales) enemy in the 4th dungeon. Zero weakness, dodges pretty much any status ailments that's not sleep, has lots of HP and SP (which he can recover), way higher levelled than any other common enemy in the dungeon, has high damage AoE attacks and worst of all you often fight two of them.

Worst enemy I've fought in the game by far !

Zafir

Man you really start to tire of Social Links asking you for high social stat requirements half way through.

I first got kind of irritated by Makoto wanting level 5 charm... Now Yusuke is wanting what I can only assume is level 5 proficiency...

Triteon

Im about 8 hours in, i found the beginning few hours a bit restrictive but its really grown on me.

Im looking forward to my next play session alot more than i usually do. next weekend cannot come soon enough, thank god its a four dayer.

HMD

Man I absolutely hate that Anubis (Bearer of Scales) enemy in the 4th dungeon. Zero weakness, dodges pretty much any status ailments that's not sleep, has lots of HP and SP (which he can recover), way higher levelled than any other common enemy in the dungeon, has high damage AoE attacks and worst of all you often fight two of them.

Worst enemy I've fought in the game by far !

Matador with Swift Strike and Morgana's Lucky Strike is the best against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom