• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one dirty loot, but I keep putting it off because you can wash four at once. Am I ever going to get four, and is it worth waiting, or should I just lose a day washing that one loot?

You'll get a ton of them as you go. Confidant Spoilers
Once you unlock the Temperance confidant, level it up until you get the ability to have them wash your dirty stuff so you don't waste any time doing it yourself.

N° 2048

Hold Triangle to fast forward through the end of battle results screen instead of having to press X three times.

If the character doesn't have an a ability to target enemy weakness then pressing R1 will highlight another party member who does if Baton Pass is available.

You can make lockpicks/tools the night before grabbing the Palace Treasure even though you are "tired."

My man. Ace tips!

Domstercool

I've only been there once and that was part of the story [early May spoilers]
where you have to find and beat some stalker, which then lead to Madarame
. Haven't gone back ever since.

But judging by what you are saying I need to focus on confidants and main story for now to unlock more of them over time. Though, there is something weird that I don't know if it's tied to Mementos or not. [ early confidant spoilers]
I can't start the Mishima confidant. He keeps asking me to take of the guy that he mentioned but I'm not sure if he is talking about the bully or Madarame.

Confidants
won't advance until you do their mementos quest,
so you can either wait it out for more or do it.

Man, this fourth palace is pretty hard. Dungeon design is pretty awesome and challenging though.

Any advice on encountering that one shadow (you must've know it)?

I've been running away from them ever since my first encounter.

If I don't play many JRPGs and get annoyed if I have to start a long boss fighter over what difficulty should I play on? I was thinking normal but I hear the game can get a little hard later one. Thoughts?

My first Persona btw..if that makes a difference.

MTC100

Banned
I beat the first dungeon! But wait! I also fucked myself! I thought I was a smartass and rented all 4 DVD sets at the same time thinking I can just power through them every night. This was right before I was introduced to the calling card system. So that meant 2 days out of that week were immediately blown. And THEN when I sat down to finally watch them, I realized they weren't movies but "series" that take two night each to finish. FML. I'm not going to finish them in time! This is just like real life! Hahahahahaha.

Don't worry about the DVDs, I have returned them being 50 days overdue :D

-that said... you get charged
about 55k yen for it but the
first time is for free and you don't have to pay anything

PK Gaming

Are there any other useful and nice tips other than these?

• Buy the Special Drink every Sunday. You can even do this in evening so don't skimp out.
  • Keep your plant healthy with nutrients for free kindness.
  • If it's raining, don't miss out on the free boost of knowledge you get when studying at the diner. It's worth passing up a confidant for it.
  • Try to stock up on as many SP healing Soda cans early on. It can really make a difference.
  • Get Baton Pass on your party members asap. It considerably increases your overall damage output.
  • Don't bother leveling up Sojiro's confidant past rank 3 until August.
  • The game doesn't tell explicitly tell you, but you can score more damage on enemies by performing "technicals" (ie: Use Garu on a burned enemy to do more damage)
  • Read this tutorial on Negotiation.
  • Don't even think about doing confidants without having a corresponding Persona that matches their arcana. Try to fish out answers that make them happy for more points.
  • Tarunda and other debuff skills are godsend during boss fights.
  • Temperance is arguably the most overpowered Confidant. Ranking that up can give you crazy benefits.
2nd Dungeon boss tips
Use Ryuji and Yusuke's ranged Melee skills to quickly destroy the eyes and nose. The mouth is immune to phys skills, but it's much easier to take down when the other parts are down.

I've only been there once and that was part of the story [early May spoilers]
where you have to find and beat some stalker, which then lead to Madarame
. Haven't gone back ever since.

But judging by what you are saying I need to focus on confidants and main story for now to unlock more of them over time. Though, there is something weird that I don't know if it's tied to Mementos or not. [ early confidant spoilers]
I can't start the Mishima confidant. He keeps asking me to take of the guy that he mentioned but I'm not sure if he is talking about the bully or Madarame.

You may need to go to Mementos to start his link. Mishima's progression is mainly through completing requests I think. I did go to Mementos a few times just to finish one request. May have been a waste of a day though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Man, this fourth palace is pretty hard. Dungeon design is pretty awesome and challenging though.

Coffin? Garula or wind attack knocks it down.

If I don't play many JRPGs and get annoyed if I have to start a long boss fighter over what difficulty should I play on? I was thinking normal but I hear the game can get a little hard later one. Thoughts?

Play on easy. It will let you accumulate money and give a decent challenge as well.

Chaos17

Try the tip above where I said "thanks"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh my god
Makoto
with the manga is adorable.

MTC100

Banned

I play on easy atm and I don't think I will switch back. It's still challenging enough if you aim to get to the end of a dungeon by entering it only once. -I guess I will try hard on my new game+ later though.

Don't worry about the DVDs, I have returned them being 50 days overdue :D

-that said... you get charged
about 55k yen for it but the
first time is for free and you don't have to pay anything

Keep one as an excuse not to hang around with friends.

Sorry, I gotta return some video tapes.

So question about end game valentine's day and the conclusion. Looking for an explanation without too much detail.
I know if you have multiple girl friends instead of a picking one and getting guilt scenes with the others ala p4 in this they all dump you. After valentines day is there any other special romance scenes if you actually had 1 gf on v-day or does the game basically play out the same regardless of what happens on v-day?

EndMerit

I have one dirty loot, but I keep putting it off because you can wash four at once. Am I ever going to get four, and is it worth waiting, or should I just lose a day washing that one loot?

Once you get far enough in certain S-Link, that character can do it for you, saving you the time.
That said, I'm in 3rd palace and I've never gotten better gear than stuff I could already buy. All in all, once you get that S-Link it's worth washing them, but it's never worth wasting your own time for that.

Ponn

Banned
I beat the first palace early this morning finally. Trying to get in the groove of social links and stat raising, went into this game on semi-blackout and not going to use a guide for my first run. I'm finding it annoying my options are limited at night and I feel being wasted, when will Fake Dad let me go out freely at night?

Also Arsene is cool design Persona but damn has it been pretty useless to me. I was still using Izanagi in P4 for a long while but I dropped Arsene when I got my first wild Persona. Anyone far in the game or beat it is there any reason at all to keep Arsene leveled up or can I free up that spot in my roster?

Found a sick gold farming strat. Probably known already but I found it on my own so w/e. Spoilered just in case but it's not really a spoiler.

Inflicting confuse on a boss in Mementos makes them throw money away, like 30k per turn. So you can just keep them alive as best as possible and inflict confuse and rake in the cash. I assume this works on anything that can be confused but the bosses drop loads of cash.

Chaos17

I beat the first palace early this morning finally. Trying to get in the groove of social links and stat raising, went into this game on semi-blackout and not going to use a guide for my first run. I'm finding it annoying my options are limited at night and I feel being wasted, when will Fake Dad let me go out freely at night?

Also Arsene is cool design Persona but damn has it been pretty useless to me. I was still using Izanagi in P4 for a long while but I dropped Arsene when I got my first wild Persona. Anyone far in the game or beat it is there any reason at all to keep Arsene leveled up or can I free up that spot in my roster?
You never keep personas, they4 just food to get stronger ones.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
No, A
nubis
. There's no weakness as far as I'm aware and it's level 41.
Oh the one that kills a party member on its first turn? Since I had no SP issues thanks to the accessories, I just used 50% HP revive skill on a downed party member and used the big attacks that require 50 HP etc to kill it fast. I would recommend getting the SP regen 3 accessory from the clinic if you don't have it.

Don't get attached to him. Like Izanagi and Orpheus, there is zero reason to keep him.

nOoblet16

No, A
nubis
. There's no weakness as far as I'm aware and it's level 41.
I was talking about him a while ago. What I did was I made an Isis who is completely immune to all of his attacks to tank in case things are bad. But for damage and all I used abilities that inflicted forget then took their defense down. Once it stuck I just used physical damage to kill them.

Weiss

Banned
I've worked at the convenience store twice now but I'm not getting info about the cats for the Request. Can I not do Moon until I've done all his Requests?

EDIT: Aww screw it I'm just gonna get max my attributes and get the bad ending. I'll enjoy the game more once I don't have to worry about Confidants as much.

What carries over into NG+?

So many things going on in this game it's hard to keep up! What's the easiest place to sell the junk you steal from the castle?

Untouchable (Airsoft gun shop), don't know if you can sell stuff anywhere else. I'm just past the Third Palace.

Everybody propably knows this already but having the option to choose what skills get passed on to the new Persona is the best change ever.

gun_haver

I can understand why people are memeing that damn cat and its "go to bed" lol

Haha, yeah. I'm fine with this though - P4 did the same thing except it was just your own internal voice that said 'you should just go right to bed today' rather than an external character to blame for it. Which might have been a mistake because it makes Morgana a bit of an antagonist who bans you from gameplay.

I just think of the game as being divided up into segments - there are periods when you have freedom to do what you want, periods when the game just progresses the story on its own. Having the dates click past during this period just makes you feel like the time is being wasted, but the game is probably properly balanced out so you will actually have time to do everything you want to try and do.

Gestahl

Found a sick gold farming strat. Probably known already but I found it on my own so w/e. Spoilered just in case but it's not really a spoiler.

Inflicting confuse on a boss in Mementos makes them throw money away, like 30k per turn. So you can just keep them alive as best as possible and inflict confuse and rake in the cash. I assume this works on anything that can be confused but the bosses drop loads of cash.

Yeah that's like one of the only ways you can get the money together to complete the compendium in NG+ without going insane from the grind.

if you love the soundtrack, check out the acid jazz group the brand new heavies. likely meguro's biggest inspiration--a lot of their stuff could be inserted into the game seamlessly.

FluxWaveZ

Are people calling Yusuke creepy just because of the (first encounters)
nude painting bit?
I think Yusuke's fantastic, and that didn't strike me as "creepy" because he had no
sexual intent towards it
, just eccentric. Though I learned to appreciate him more the further the game went on, so that might be the case for people describing him like that, too.

Jeez Haru's English voice. Not a fan.

I think hers is the worst voice of the main cast. I got used to it, but it's a bit too high-pitched. Guess it suits her, though; it's no P3 Fuuka.

Audioboxer

Haha, yeah. I'm fine with this though - P4 did the same thing except it was just your own internal voice that said 'you should just go right to bed today' rather than an external character to blame for it. Which might have been a mistake because it makes Morgana a bit of an antagonist who bans you from gameplay.

I just think of the game as being divided up into segments - there are periods when you have freedom to do what you want, periods when the game just progresses the story on its own. Having the dates click past during this period just makes you feel like the time is being wasted, but the game is probably properly balanced out so you will actually have time to do everything you want to try and do.

True. I just think it's funny multiple evenings in a row it's like get to bed young one, you're up early tomorrow! No video games, reading, TV or making coffee!

"Button mashing" was good revenge lol

What triggers a party member to ask to go wild on an enemy?

Joker doing an attack that doesn't cause "Down" status on enemies, as in not hitting weak points. I'm assuming you mean the follow-up attacks?

It can happen after you down an enemy, too. You take your extra turn after it.

It's just luck.

I'm quite sure I read it as like I said, haven't had too many of them yet. But if it is like you said it is the same as in 4 if memory serves me right.

Confidants
won't advance until you do their mementos quest,
so you can either wait it out for more or do it.
You may need to go to Mementos to start his link. Mishima's progression is mainly through completing requests I think. I did go to Mementos a few times just to finish one request. May have been a waste of a day though.
Ah, I see. Thanks guys. I have some decisions to make then.

Oh the one that kills a party member on its first turn? Since I had no SP issues thanks to the accessories, I just used 50% HP revive skill on a downed party member and used the big attacks that require 50 HP etc to kill it fast. I would recommend getting the SP regen 3 accessory from the clinic if you don't have it.

I was talking about him a while ago. What I did was I made an Isis who is completely immune to all of his attacks to tank in case things are bad. But for damage and all I used abilities that inflicted forget then took their defense down. Once it stuck I just used physical damage to kill them.

Thanks, I'll try these later.

Try the tip above where I said "thanks"

Wait, are saying that it's weak to status ailments like the Oni? That would be amazing if true.

Gestahl

Thanks.

Oh, also what trait should I start to learn first? Kindness, knowledge, ect or should I balance them all evenly?

You want Courage/Guts early and Knowledge is a heavy grind to rank 2 so you want to pepper a lot of it in during the start. Eating the *nonspoiler advice*
courage-giving meal at the restaurant on a rainy day gets you 3 knowledge and 1 courage so that's a good option to begin with along with the Captain Kidd library book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom