• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

Keep your plant healthy with nutrients for free kindness.

Damn, didn't even realize the plant did that. Shoot.

Some other tips:

• Using cover makes you detection-immune, so abuse that.
  • Holding the Dash run has a similar effect with the battle results with Triangle when interacting with those interactive jumping/climbing portions.

Question about a weapon I found in the 3rd dungeon.
I found a black kogatana for MC that says "a sword that possesses the power to transmutate". It has only 50 attack but still is higher lister than my current best weapon with 90 attack. I've used it for a while but didn't notice anything special so what is this sword supposed to do?

HMD

I'm about to max out my first confidant and I just finished the 4th palace, should I max out? I remember maxing out early was a waste or something like that in P4G.

Silvard

Ryuji is such an annoying, unrepentant douchebag that he's managing to put me off everything that includes him. The moment I see his portrait come up I start groaning. The weird thing is that I thought he was alright during the first couple of months and throughout his confidant events, but he's just been getting more and more grating. Like someone else in game said, he always says the worst things. And has the impulse control of a crack addict.

I don't understand how you guys are coping with this bastard, he's insufferable. He has no redeemable qualities at all and basically hinders more than help the team.

I found a black kogatana for MC that says "a sword that possesses the power to transmutate". It has only 50 attack but still is higher lister than my current best weapon with 90 attack. I've used it for a while but didn't notice anything special so what is this sword supposed to do?

Related? :
You can buy an accessory from Shibuya Central Street that has the same text, no idea what those do though.

Try as hard as I might, I could not finish the first dungeon in the first day it was available. Damn! I got really close but ran out of items.

Silvard

Related? :
You can buy an accessory from Shibuya Central Street that has the same text, no idea what those do though.

You use them as base materials to transmute Personas into weapons/accessories.

Just bought it. Calming mask is an accessory that provides +Resist Confuse when equipped. The order from the shopping channel provides 2 of them.

That sounds nice and all, but it was like 2 months ago. I actually skipped it, and so far I haven't encountered difficulties with confuse attack enemies.

Am I seriously at 52 hours already? I wonder how much of that has been idling. Only just finished the third dungeon.

Yeah, I guess a lot of idling.

I'm currently 40 hours in and I'm already in the middle of the fourth palace. I've done every memento quests up to this point as well.

Ryuji is such an annoying, unrepentant douchebag that he's managing to put me off everything that includes him. The moment I see his portrait come up I start groaning. The weird thing is that I thought he was alright during the first couple of months and throughout his confidant events, but he's just been getting more and more grating. Like someone else in game said, he always says the worst things. And has the impulse control of a crack addict.

I don't understand how you guys are coping with this bastard, he's insufferable. He has no redeemable qualities at all and basically hinders more than help the team.

You're not alone, I hate him as well.

He's just a typical naive brat. But I guess he's a necessary character in a game like this.

There is eventually an option in the velvet room that allows you to convert personas into skill cards. You can also convert certain personas to equipment and you use those transmutable weapons to do that. I think that's how it works.

You use them as base materials to transmute Personas into weapons/accessories.

There is eventually an option in the velvet room that allows you to convert personas into skill cards. You can also convert certain personas to equipment and you use those transmutable weapons to do that. I think that's how it works.
Ah I see, I don't have that option yet I think. Thanks.

Ydelnae

Third boss spoilers

I just lost my Soma because Ryuji's stupid ass chose to throw that item and I rushed to press X to skip the dialogue

TheChaos0

Got my first wipe today, a random monster decided to crit Ann and then followed up by critting the MC. Game over, hehe. Pretty slow progress in general, still on the first palace, right at the end of it i reckon. The dungeon layout and presence of puzzles makes the crawling an improved experience. The red aesthetic makes me think of P2, hehe.

Gameplay spoiler for boosting the Clinic lady Confidant up as early as possible:

SP Adhesive 3 is the most hilariously overpowered accessory. 7 SP generated every turn. They are 100k yen each from the Clinic and I already dished out the cash for two (plus 40k yen earlier for an SP Adhesive 1). It's June and I haven't even sent my third calling card yet.

Domstercool

How? Raising attributes has killed me.

Reading books, going to the cinema, playing games, going to the cafe and studying with food, making use of the drink on a sunday in the underground passage. There's actually quite a few things to do to raise them, more than Persona 4 anyway. I failed to max them all out first time in that game.

FluxWaveZ

Gameplay spoiler for boosting the Clinic lady Confidant up as early as possible:

SP Adhesive 3 is the most hilariously overpowered accessory. 7 SP generated every turn. They are 100k yen each from the Clinic and I already dished out the cash for two (plus 40k yen earlier for an SP Adhesive 1). It's June and I haven't even sent my third calling card yet.

You were kinda hasty, 'cause
she halves the prices on all her items later in her Confidant level, so you could have bought them for 50k instead.

If you can get the right skill cards you can turn him(or any other persona) into a beast!

In P4G I rocked Izanagi from beginning to end!

But wouldn't low level persona like him have much lower stats even if you gave him all the nukes in the world? I remember boosting stats with cards in P3P with some high level ones but did P4G have that also?

Sup Persona GAF, I got a couple quick questions.

What do the persona stats dictate in this game? Strength, magic, endurance, agility and luck. I can't find a tutorial on it and I want to know if these accessories are any good.

Also, any generic advice for convincing the personas to join you? I'm pretty sure it's based on their personality, but sometimes it can be pretty confusing.

Edit: Also again, what dictates turn order?

Thanks in advance.

Silvard

You're not alone, I hate him as well.

He's just a typical naive brat. But I guess he's a necessary character in a game like this.

It goes beyond typical naïve brat. I understand his role somewhat, he's the foil to the reasonable and/or competent rest of the crew, but he goes about it the worst way possible. From being unnecessarily aggravating to fucking up to indiscretion to being a greedy gloryseeking piece of shit, he never shows any type of remorse or hint of growing up despite other characters calling him out on his bullshit (albeit lightheartedly). Like what the hell is he even doing here, outside of being the second oldest Phantom Thief.

I'd pay good money for a DLC that added an everpresent "Fuck off, Ryuji" response to conversations and texts. He's the only thing marring my experience so far.

Even the cheapest one makes a big difference. But yeah, it's the game changer imo, because as long as you have SP, you can steamroll fights forever unless you fuck up the ambush part and get murdered outright.

Recall

What should o be doing to raise my stats high enough to spend more time with Takemi?

I honestly can't keep track of which side time waster gives you the right stats.

Everything just gives me Knowledge which still won't raise up either.

I'm at the 5th Palace and
all the background mumbling in this dungeon just keeps giving me Nier Automata flashbacks. I wonder if they got the same VA to do the robot voices.

Sup Persona GAF, I got a couple quick questions.

What do the persona stats dictate in this game? Strength, magic, endurance, agility and luck. I can't find a tutorial on it and I want to know if these accessories are any good.

Also, any generic advice for convincing the personas to join you? I'm pretty sure it's based on their personality, but sometimes it can be pretty confusing.

Edit: Also again, what dictates turn order?

Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert but here goes :

STR determines your melee dmg, makes sense.
MAG determines your magic damage and healing (not 100% sure about the healing though).
EN determines how much damage you take, I'm assuming it's a scaling formula compared to the used STR/MAG value.
AGI, I assume, determines the turn order. High AGI = you get to go first, would make sense. Might be used for Hit/Miss checks?
LUCK, my guess is chance to crit or be critted. High LUCK = higher chance to crit and lower chance to be critted perhaps?

Damn, didn't even realize the plant did that. Shoot.

Some other tips:

• Using cover makes you detection-immune, so abuse that.
    [*]Holding the Dash run has a similar effect with the battle results with Triangle when interacting with those interactive jumping/climbing portions.

I had a feeling that the first one was happening, wasn't sure though.
On bolded. WHAT?!

btkadams

That's a shame, but money is so easy I'm not even mad.
Do you have a good tip for gaining that kind of money? I'm in June now and I've been seemingly spending all my money on weapons/armour in addition to studying at the diner. I haven't gone into mementos yet.

MKIL65

So I'm 65 hours into the game, in November month. This game... Is kinda disappointing.

Combat goes for a more flashy approach, and the music lacks any bite. Especially the main battle theme.

Characters aren't annoying, but they aren't interesting either. Makoto and Yusuke seem like the only decent ones.

Dungeons are more intricate than Persona 3 and 4, but means very little because combat is a more important factor in an RPG. Puzzles doesn't excite me.

Hard to formulate an opinion on the game, really. But it's above average at least.

Do you have a good tip for gaining that kind of money? I'm in June now and I've been seemingly spending all my money on weapons/armour in addition to studying at the diner. I haven't gone into mementos yet.

That is your solution, also grinding the Palaces before leaving the Calling Card nets decent cash if you can mostly run through and steamroll fights.

People are aware that the stuff that you can steal respawns everytime you enter the Palace?

Tcab96

It goes beyond typical naïve brat. I understand his role somewhat, he's the foil to the reasonable and/or competent rest of the crew, but he goes about it the worst way possible. From being unnecessarily aggravating to fucking up to indiscretion to being a greedy gloryseeking piece of shit, he never shows any type of remorse or hint of growing up despite other characters calling him out on his bullshit (albeit lightheartedly). Like what the hell is he even doing here, outside of being the second oldest Phantom Thief.

I'd pay good money for a DLC that added an everpresent "Fuck off, Ryuji" response to conversations and texts. He's the only thing marring my experience so far.

I didn't start feeling this way until around when the cast met and started interacting with (co-op/companion spoiler at around September):
Haru. His treatment of Morgana was some annoying ass shit.

FluxWaveZ

What's with armor and weapons that with the power to "transmute" ?They are weak, but I do get them even late in the game

What do you mean by "late in the game"? Because if you don't know what it means, you might not have obtained the mechanic it's relevant to yet.

Mechanic spoiler:
It relates to the Velvet Room's electric chair, to sacrifice a persona to obtain an item.

My least favorite character easy. Hope he can redeem himself later on as I hang out with him more. His pushiness with Yusuke was so infuriating.

The forced slowdowns on confidants interactions is so annoying. Just lemme max them out and hold back the bonuses if they are overpowered.

Working my way up dungeon 2 to make the Infiltration path.

man morgana is so annoying

C82tbE4UwAE9ZKu.jpg

Jiraiza

I had a feeling that the first one was happening, wasn't sure though.
On bolded. WHAT?!

Yep, instead of having to press X to jump every time, just dash and it'll automatically do the jumps for you. This is only for the ! prompts, though. The ones that ask you press X, you still have to do manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom