• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sibling is a little ahead of me and also sometimes watching me play, and in a scene in mid-June they picked up a bit of foreshadowing that went over my head (maybe technically spoilers for later on even though it's only using info up to June?)

When you first meet Akechi, he says he overheard you talking about pancakes.

The only person in that conversation who said the word "pancake" was Morgana.

Joqu

Yeah, all those restrictions used to be the protagonist's thoughts in 3 and 4. Now it's Morgana is all. I really don't see what the big deal is to be honest, it adds a little personality if anything.

FluxWaveZ

My sibling is a little ahead of me and also sometimes watching me play, and in a scene in mid-June they picked up a bit of foreshadowing that went over my head (maybe technically spoilers for later on even though it's only using info up to June?)

I caught this immediately, and it's
made me suspicious of this character from then on.

gun_haver

Keep playing, it gets MUCH worse. When I did that boss battle and the truth came out I was like WTF. It's even worse than the first boss.

Uh, well

i just beat him and closed the dungeon right now. sure there's a bit of nuance to it like 'your mum had a seizure and i didn't help her!' but even that is pretty tame compared to what kamoshida did. they hinted at stuff about him physically abusing his students early on but that was dropped and all they ever talked about was him plagiarising. the guy isn't really a monster he's just a sleazy asshole.

i just thought this entire plot was extremely lame. didn't like the art theme at all. glad to be done with it. I HOPE.

btkadams

Yeah, all those restrictions used to be the protagonist's thoughts in 3 and 4. Now it's Morgana is all. I really don't see what the big deal is to be honest, it adds a little personality if anything.
I actually find it funny this way. Hasn't bothered me anymore than it did in previous games.

Opa-Pa

I actually never really fully understood what the plag
iarism
really entailed, because they keep saying he
"stole their ideas"
but also straight up just
took the paintings and claimed they were his,
so which was it?

Roussow

Yo, I picked up on that too -- but I thought I might have been mistaken, not even going to read this thread for the next few pages to see potential hints one way or another, I don't yet know if this is a thing yet either, I'm at a similar spot in the story. But it's good to hear I might not be completely fabricating theories.

Hah, I haven't met her yet but I've had this bad feeling about her ever since her reveal and I hope I'm wrong but not holding my breath.

yeah. she probably listens to happy hardcore based on her pants. garbage.

Ryuji and Morgana are in a race to see who is more asshole to each other. I'm surprised people haven't realized this. But the two of them are likeable for other reasons too.

Futaba in the other hand is the most P4 character among the Phantom Thieves and you have to listen to her all the time too, which is even worse.

MKIL65

When it has more of everything? More status effects that are actually worth using, new damage types and how those combo with stuff. It is not missing anything that I have noticed and has a lot more added to it.

Adding more stuff down't necessarily improve quality. They could add 31 different elements and resistances, and it wouldn't matter.

I just expected more from the combat. Much more fluid and faster combat would be appreciated, for starters.

Silvard

Eh, I actually liked how Ryuji talked back to Morgana. The cat could be a real smartass.

The banter isn't bad at the beginning, but after a couple of months (starting in August) when Ryuji is
constantly remarking (unprompted) how "useless" Morgana is, even as a joke, when Morgana is already dealing with insecurity about his identity and role in the Phantom Thieves, it's borderline bullying

OmegaDL50

I wonder if they is any references to P3 or P4 such as a chance character encounter.

For example in Persona 4 there was this cross-school trip thing you did and you actually met
Chihiro Fushimi who was one of the social links for Persona 3

In Persona 5 so far, all I've seen were posters for
Rise and Kanami
, nothing else. It would be nice to bump into one of the chars from Persona 4 at like the train station or something because busy train station has lots of people passing through it, and I figure that might be the most ideal circumstance for a chance encounter...I'm still very early in the game, just finished the first Palace and waiting for the results before I move on to May.

So far the game is sucking me in like Persona 4 Golden has.

Silvard

It's frustrating (as the player) that no one picks up on this. It's pretty blatant.

just keep that note in mind

Hoo-doo

Banned
I wonder if they is any references to P3 or P4 such as a chance character encounter.

For example in Persona 4 there was this cross-school trip thing you did and you actually met

In Persona 5 so far, all I've seen were posters for Rise and Kanami, nothing else. It would be nice to bump into one of the chars from Persona 4 at like the train station or something because busy train station has lots of people passing through it, and I figure that might be the most ideal circumstance for a chance encounter...I'm still very early in the game, just finished the first Palace and waiting for the results before I move on to May.

There's one of the movies you can watch that has
the P4 battle theme as the soundtrack
. (Very mild spoiler about references to P4)

SenkiDala

We had entire pages of discussion about this very topic.

Persona has always restricted certain activities at certain dates. Just now it's the cute face of Morgana that's associated with this restriction and people seem to dislike that.

In Persona 4 it was always the MC who thought to himself, 'I'm tired, I better go straight to bed'.

Ahah ok sorry, I'm avoiding this thread as much as I can to avoid spoilers, even if I know spoilers are marked, I'm picky about that. :p

Well I like Morgana, or Ryuji (2 characters who seems to be disliked), they both have their own personality (even if Ryuji is too much "cliché" imo), but yeah those situations like in P4G (the only other Persona that I finished) of "no I/you should sleep" bother me, even if I know that it's a game design choice.

Weiss

Banned
Oh wow lol. We should make a poll to find out who players hate more, Ryuji or Morgana.

Don't sweat it my guy, that's just regular teenager behavior.

... Yeah it's terrible. I hate how the game backpedals on all its messages regarding women to fill that anime cringe quota. Make up your mind already.

I kinda feel like there's a level of deliberate sexualization with Anne. Like I get the feeling the intent with her character is that she's comfortable being sexy. Like even right after Ryuji ogles her she's playful with him and joking around about it.

I certainly won't defend it but I think Atlus was trying to do something other than "yamate MC-kun."

Oh snap.
I had an off-feel about him the moment I saw him.

silva1991

What do you mean by "late in the game"? Because if you don't know what it means, you might not have obtained the mechanic it's relevant to yet.

Mechanic spoiler:
It relates to the Velvet Room's electric chair, to sacrifice a persona to obtain an item.

Oh I only used that mechanic ones and I don't remember it needing those. Really need to use them more.

Thanks.

So question about end game valentine's day and the conclusion. Looking for an explanation without too much detail.
I know if you have multiple girl friends instead of a picking one and getting guilt scenes with the others ala p4 in this they all dump you. After valentines day is there any other special romance scenes if you actually had 1 gf on v-day or does the game basically play out the same regardless of what happens on v-day?

Posting again since this thread moves to fast :<

bwtw

Neo Member
Spent 200k on four SP Regen 3 accessories. Hope it was worth the investment for like I have very less money now. I hope the gun shop guy gives a discount at high ranks because his prices are way too high.

...wait, you can buy each one more than once?! I've been using one of each and even that seems overpowered (is nice to just breeze through dungeons not having to worry much about SP though).

Lusankya

In Persona 5 so far, all I've seen were posters for
Rise and Kanami
, nothing else. It would be nice to bump into one of the chars from Persona 4 at like the train station or something because busy train station has lots of people passing through it, and I figure that might be the most ideal circumstance for a chance encounter...I'm still very early in the game, just finished the first Palace and waiting for the results before I move on to May.

Yes, there is another reference quite in the beginning. I forgot the exact date, but on the TV in LeBlanc they mentioned (no spoilers, but just in case #P4 Character mentioned in P5)
how Naoto Shirogane was the first Detective Prince and that now Goro is the new one.

How fast do Persona games drop in price? I really want to play it, but I need to get through some backlog first. However, I don't want to lose out on my 20% off from GCU if it's not going to drop for a long time.

Side quest in this game are really fucking great. I like how they're set up and well integrated into the story and aren't just simple Find X or Kill x. They actually have a lot of nice background info.

Tcab96

The banter isn't bad at the beginning, but after a couple of months when Ryuji is
constantly remarking (unprompted) how "useless" Morgana is, even as a joke, when Morgana is already dealing with insecurity about his identity and role in the Phantom Thieves, it's borderline bullying

I get the feeling that because of how Morgana and Ryuji rib each other a lot, Ryuji
goes too far and it gets out of hand and he straight up doesn't recognize what's really going on in Morgana's head until later.

Dude is fucking obtuse.

I kinda feel like there's a level of deliberate sexualization with Anne. Like I get the feeling the intent with her character is that she's comfortable being sexy. Like even right after Ryuji ogles her she's playful with him and joking around about it.

I certainly won't defend it but I think Atlus was trying to do something other than "yamate MC-kun."

And if she's comfortable with her own sexuality, there's no problem. Literally a non-issue.

OmegaDL50

Is there any way you can check your social stats?

I went through all of the menus and stuff and couldn't find it. Also it seems they take forever to upgrade compared to Persona 4.

I must have focused on nothing but Knowledge since I gained access to study at the library and Diner and I still haven't raised it to the level beyond Oblivious.

cheesekao

I went through all of the menus and stuff and couldn't find it. Also it seems they take forever to upgrade compared to Persona 4.

I must have focused on nothing but Knowledge since I gained access to study at the library and Diner and I still haven't raised it to the level beyond Oblivious.
Go to stats > Press left on the d-pad.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
...wait, you can buy each one more than once?! I've been using one of each and even that seems overpowered (is nice to just breeze through dungeons not having to worry much about SP though).
Yup. After doing the 4th dungeon I got a fair bit of money back without grinding too much as well.

Domstercool

Stats > Your Character > left dpad

Weiss

Banned
And if she's comfortable with her own sexuality, there's no problem. Literally a non-issue.

Well, Ann is a video game character. She doesn't have the capacity to be comfortable in anything, and if she did then her back would sure hurt from those poses he does in fights.

Like, she sure as fuck wasn't comfortable when
Yusuke wants to paint her naked and the party jokes about it and completely ignores Ann's feelings.

Vice

Other stats tend to level up faster than knowledge. Try reading books in the library or in the diner in Shibuya.

aravuus

FWIW, at least you get to tell Ryuji he deserved
the beating he gets
during one of the SLink events. In fact you get to shit on him during this event quite a lot lol.

He's much better during his SLink stuff otherwise too.

I just expected more from the combat. Much more fluid and faster combat would be appreciated, for starters.

Man, I just don't get your complaints like at all. I feel like it's pretty much the fastest and most fluid it has ever been, and all the steps they've taken to streamline it but not make it any easier are fantastic. But if you don't like, I guess you just don't like it.

I know, right, and getting most of your essay questions right (I like that they've made it into an essay sort of thing now) doesn't seem to make up for it. Still got bottom in the first test :(
Can't tell u how many times I neglected other things to study lol it should be maxed right now. Instead my poor charm and kindness took a hit. Guts is at 4 at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom