• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
to people having trouble with the difficulty spike Persona 5 gives you a chance to get a somewhat "cheat" persona around the late 2nd dungeon early 3rd dungeon.

its name is Shiki-ouji, can't remember the shadow name but it's a large origami like creature. It's completely null to physical, bullet, and curse attacks,

you can get it via fusion(can't remember which ones but I had the personas to make another one)

Edit: my mistake, it's weak to nuclear

Silvard

People sleeping on Fox when he's one of the best party members, y'all must be playing on Easy.

Fox and Queen are beasts. They only go off roster when dealing with lots of Shadows they're weak to.

to people having trouble with the difficulty spike Persona 5 gives you a chance to get a somewhat "cheat" persona around the late 2nd dungeon early 3rd dungeon.

its name is Shiki-ouji, can't remember the shadow name but it's a large origami like creature. It's completely null to physical, bullet, and curse attacks and has no weakness,

you can get it via fusion(can't remember which ones but I had the personas to make another one) or if you're incredibly lucky(like me) you can actually score critical hit on it via a follow up attack from one of your allies; it's not a baton pass, when you upgrade your allies social link to 3 or 4 it will enable them to randomly follow up you attack with a follow up which is always critical.

It's weak to Nucular actually, but it's very uncommon anyway.

SenkiDala

I kinda feel like there's a level of deliberate sexualization with Anne. Like I get the feeling the intent with her character is that she's comfortable being sexy. Like even right after Ryuji ogles her she's playful with him and joking around about it.

Is that bad?

Opa-Pa

Whether Ann is comfortable or not with being sexy is irrelevant when it comes to your friends trying to look under your skirt lol.

She definitely is, there's a bit of backstory to it even, but that doesn't mean she has to be comfortable when people go to far. Actually she seems to enjoy being sexy but not really catching men's attention, if that makes sense (that last bit is just my interpretation tho).

So question about end game valentine's day and the conclusion. Looking for an explanation without too much detail.
I know if you have multiple girl friends instead of a picking one and getting guilt scenes with the others ala p4 in this they all dump you. After valentines day is there any other special romance scenes if you actually had 1 gf on v-day or does the game basically play out the same regardless of what happens on v-day?

there is no romance scene after Valentine's day and regarding if you only have one gf and the rest platonic, I'm not sure since I went harem route

nOoblet16

Gameplay spoiler for boosting the Clinic lady Confidant up as early as possible:

SP Adhesive 3 is the most hilariously overpowered accessory. 7 SP generated every turn. They are 100k yen each from the Clinic and I already dished out the cash for two (plus 40k yen earlier for an SP Adhesive 1). It's June and I haven't even sent my third calling card yet.
You can get it for half the price at rank 7

Weiss

Banned
Is that bad?

There are definitely moments in P5 where I feel the cringe, but I do like Ann.

At the least I'm glad that, while Ann gets to be the sexy femme fatale all the other female characters get to have completely different stylish outfits.

Whether Ann is comfortable or not with being sexy is irrelevant when it comes to your friends trying to look under your skirt lol.

She definitely is, there's a bit of backstory to it even, but that doesn't mean she has to be comfortable when people go to far. Actually she seems to enjoy being sexy but not really catching men's attention, if that makes sense (that last bit is just my interpretation tho).

This is also true. Ann being comfortable about being sexy and then the game hilariously joking about how she has to strip naked are two different things.

nOoblet16

Fox is a physical freaking powerhouse. Ryuji had his ass on the bench ever since Fox joined the club.
Same, Ryuji has good damage but Fox just outmatches him in damage plus he has that cool stance. Him and Makoto are my main damage dealers, my MC is just filling roles and doing support.

silva1991

Fuck. I don't remember enemy AI was this good in P4/3 and it's fucking infuriating.

It's pretty much 100% game over if you fight an enemy with high level magic and you have a weakness.

Goodbye progress I guess.

Chaos17

Well, Ann is a video game character. She doesn't have the capacity to be comfortable in anything, and if she did then her back would sure hurt from those poses he does in fights.

Like, she sure as fuck wasn't comfortable when
Yusuke wants to paint her naked and the party jokes about it and completely ignores Ann's feelings.
That's also show her inner strength, strong people don't let jokes push them into depression. I'm not defending the bad jokes but I also came to respect and like Ann a lot because of those moments. It's so hard for me to not take her as a girlfriend since she is such easy to be with yet would never date to mess with her and same for Makoto.

This game has done a great job with the girls (^o^)/

SkylineRKR

Yeah I destroyed Boss 4 with

Fox and Queen. Lower her def, raise att and let rip. Beat her with 1 ballista as my attacks did close to 1400 damage each.

So should I buy more adhesives or is it wise to spec against certain elements/stats? Only one I have is SP adhesive 3 on PC.

So I'm playing on hard and it's pretty tough which is nice after P4G being too easy, but now I'm thinking I should play on normal just to have more time for Confidants.

How many days are people taking on the second dungeon? I'm just burning through SP here.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Same, Ryuji has good damage but Fox just outmatches him in damage plus he has that cool stance. Him and Makoto are my main damage dealers, my MC is just filling roles and doing support.

There's no denying that Ryuji has a pretty rad animation for his regular melee attack.

Just the kick followed by the pipe hit, it feels violent as all hell, but you're right I like the stances and movements of Fox better as well. Fox has the best All-Out-Attack quotes as well.

Actually, I think I love the moves of pretty much all the characters.

Well, Ann is a video game character. She doesn't have the capacity to be comfortable in anything, and if she did then her back would sure hurt from those poses he does in fights.

Like, she sure as fuck wasn't comfortable when
Yusuke wants to paint her naked and the party jokes about it and completely ignores Ann's feelings.

Well, yeah, it's a fantasy game... the poses don't have to be realistic. And pretty sure the other male characters have uncomfortable poses too.

And she gets back at them for it. Don't think it's a big deal. Just harmless inter-sex banter, teenage friends of the opposite sex often tease each other about such things all the time.

megalowho

Post fourth dungeon is a good spot for the game. Lots of money, lots of confidants to level up and 3 weeks of daylight on the calendar.

Got Temperance done early, my first rank 10. Bonuses are too good. Star and Sun seem borderline essential as well. Confidants in general have been a lot of fun, they're good personality fits for their arcanas and I like the thematic consistency.

mike6467

Well, yeah, it's a fantasy game... the poses don't have to be realistic. And pretty sure the other male characters have uncomfortable poses too.

And she gets back at them for it. Don't think it's a big deal. Just harmless inter-sex banter, teenage friends of the opposite sex often tease each other about such things all the time.

Yeah, if they were as serious and somber about the entire situation as would be warranted in real life, the game would be depressing and existential as hell. Like, much worse then Nier.

I'm at the start of the fourth dungeon and I haven't yet seen the Temperance confidant at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

I didn't do the first quest that triggered it because I wanted to show it to my girlfriend. I proceeded to forget about it until after the 2nd dungeon and had to go find Mishima in
Shinjuku.
Seems like a really, really good S link though

Ydelnae

"Oh, MC-chan, I really like you, it would be awesome if we could spend more time together...

Also you must grow a beard, have rank 5 Charm and sacrifice a goat if you want the chance to EVER talk to me again"

R0ckman

They need to look at alternate game over options, I'd rather lose half my money than lose my real life time and progress for MC dying.

pbayne

Post fourth dungeon is a good spot for the game. Lots of money, lots of confidants to level up and 3 weeks of daylight on the calendar.

Got Temperance done early, my first rank 10. Bonuses are too good. Star and Sun seem borderline essential as well. Confidants in general have been a lot of fun, they're good personality fits for their arcanas and I like the thematic consistency.

Agreed loving all the confidants so far. Not one dud yet. Except maybe
Yoshida but that's just cause i ignore him lol or Sojiro who refuses to fucking level up.

Totakeke

Playing on Hard I would say that the combat is straight up better. The bosses are back to form after P4. Negotiation is more fun than the roulette. Non party social links finally have an impact in the battle system. The balance of weaknesses, status and crits in way better.

The only thing that is disappointing is that Atlus cheaped out on shadow models. I hope the re-release fixes that and we get more varied mobs with a mix of shadows and personas.

None of that has anything to do with the "flashy" comment though.

Cheska

Okay, maybe I'm completely missing it, but is there any way to actually check your current social stat ranks in the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom