• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawly

"Oh, MC-chan, I really like you, it would be awesome if we could spend more time together...

Also you must grow a beard, have rank 5 Charm and sacrifice a goat if you want the chance to EVER talk to me again"

Yeah, the requirements are a serious blow to my enjoyment.

Opa-Pa

Man i got my 5th member and I don't know who to drop Morgana seems mandatory but I don't who should I drop between Ryuji and Ann

I like Morgana a lot, but I just fused a Nigi Mitama with divine grace (raises effectiveness of healing skills), media and diarama as soon as I could (around level 18 I think). Added a recarm card to the mix later and voilá. Sorry lil guy, no hard feelings.

It is so hard to resist using a guide for social links.....I'm afraid it'll ruin the fun and slow me down having to read through a guide. Anyone here using one and still having a great time?

kadotsu

Banned
None of that has anything to do with the "flashy" comment though.

The whole post mentions that the game is disappointing. Then the flash and lack of a good battle tune. Then he says the dungeons are better but he really cares about the combat. That implies the combat is weaker than in previous titles.

Kinsei

Banned
Man i got my 5th member and I don't know who to drop Morgana seems mandatory but I don't who should I drop between Ryuji and Ann

I got rid of Morgana. It was a good decision.

It is so hard to resist using a guide for social links.....I'm afraid it'll ruin the fun and slow me down having to read through a guide. Anyone here using one and still having a great time?

Don't use a guide. Save that for NG+

Philippo

Is it better to skip Confidants when the game tells you it's not going to strenghten soon? Or does it still have any kind of benefits?

Kinsei

Banned
Is it better to skip Confidants when the game tells you it's not going to strenghten soon? Or does it still have benefits?

It ups their points towards the next rank. Always make sure you have a persona that matches the arcana of the confidant to get more points.

Ryan_

Gonna place the calling card for the third dungeon's boss. What would be a good time to do Mementos? I want to save up as much missions as possible while also being able to do some boss-confusing for some cash. Not sure when to best go about this. Any help much appreciated!

Totakeke

The whole post mentions that the game is disappointing. Then the flash and lack of a good battle tune. Then he says the dungeons are better but he really cares about the combat. That implies the combat is weaker than in previous titles.

Are you responding to me or responding to him?

Opa-Pa

I seriously don't see how the combat is "just flashy", like I could see it become stale after 100 hours maybe, but it's still absurdly better than past entries. There's definitely an emphasis in style, but that doesn't mean there's no substance.

P3/4 were basically Megaten for beginners, P5 actually feels like it's on par with stuff like Nocturne. Hell I'd say this is the first time the series as a whole has legitimately great combat outside of Persona Q.

Alucrid

Banned
i'm on 11/3 and for the past few weeks i can't find futaba anywhere to max out her slink. does she move somewhere other than outside leblanc?

Domstercool

I seriously don't see how the combat is "just flashy", like I could see it become stale after 100 hours maybe, but it's still absurdly better than past entries. There's definitely an emphasis in style, but that doesn't mean there's no substance.

P3/4 were basically Megaten for beginners, P5 actually feels like it's on par with stuff like Nocturne. Hell I'd say this is the first time the series as a whole has legitimately great combat outside of Persona Q.

I agree about it being the best in the series (I still thought the combat in the others was decent), and I feel the later dungeons make sure you understand so that you can't just ignore it and treat it as some flashy no substance battle system.

Ydelnae

"Rainy season, it will keep raining for quite some time"

*stops raining the day after*

tumblr_oluvafhcxP1vm5eqqo1_250.gif

megalowho

Is it better to skip Confidants when the game tells you it's not going to strenghten soon? Or does it still have any kind of benefits?
Worth it for the rank up points, new location unlocks and decorations for your room. You can give gifts during this time too. I don't rush to do them though if there's other options, since there's a chance a scripted event will get you points towards confidants without having to spend the time slot.

People sleeping on Fox when he's one of the best party members, y'all must be playing on Easy.

I'd imagine a lot of people bench Fox initially because they have the Jack Frost that Caroline/Justine have you fuse for their social link and lack a persona that's similarly good at wind, fire, or lightning. That combined with the fact that he lacks baton pass or any other confidant skills for a while means it makes more sense to stick with your initial party at that point. At least that's why I didn't use him at first, anyway.

Are there any characters that have better innate skills/stats than other characters? I haven't gotten the game yet, but I plan to use MC, Yusuke, Haru, and Morgana.

Lusankya

Are there any characters that have better innate skills/stats than other characters? I haven't gotten the game yet, but I plan to use MC, Yusuke, Haru, and Morgana.

I don't think that's the case. Also contrary to the older Persona games it's really easy to use all the characters.

drac96

I'd imagine a lot of people bench Fox initially because they have the Jack Frost that Caroline/Justine have you fuse for their social link and lack a persona that's similarly good at wind, fire, or lightning. That combined with the fact that he lacks baton pass or any other confidant skills for a while means it makes more sense to stick with your initial party at that point. At least that's why I didn't use him at first, anyway.

I switched him in right away and was disappointed he only had bufu, but then I did a regular attack and kept him on the team haha. I regret nothing.

I can definitely see why a lot of people bench him though.

Silvard

They're all semi situational, especially in regards to elemental strengths and weakness. That said, some are better than others at physical attacks, which are pretty much your filler actions.

Totakeke

The whole exchange.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but none of the points you raised would make me think that the game is more flashy or not. Fundamentally the actual battle mechanics are pretty similar to 3 and 4 compared to other SMT titles. Flashy would imply that the general battle flow has been simplified, but it's pretty much the same as before.

8/29 Spoilers
Something that always bugged me about the beach scenes in all the Personas is you never successfully hit on girls even if I boosted my Charm to Max and have 8 concurrent waifus. I should at least succeed where Ryuji fails, he can't completely kill my vibe.

Danj

Where the heck do I find
Mishima
for the
Maidwatch
mission after completing the second Palace? Every guide I can find says he's somewhere in
Shibuya
, but where? Is he in the
diner
like before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom