• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? Didn't know. I thought you could max a lot of the stuff, but was impossible to max them all, due to having to also max all social stats as well, so a NG+ was needed.

I didn't do it personally, but there were some people in the import OT that did it, their "secret" was to max three Confidants that allow you to save time and money:
Death, Temperance and Fortune
and take advantage of the features you unlock.

Menitta

Juggling this game and Zelda isn't what I'd call doable. I need to give these games the time they deserve. Gonna play Zelda until I'm done with it (whenever that may be) and then start this.

Kinsei

Banned
Where the heck do I find
Mishima
for the
Maidwatch
mission after completing the second Palace? Every guide I can find says he's somewhere in
Shibuya
, but where? Is he in the
diner
like before?

He's on central street.

drac96

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but can I give gifts to every confidant?

I feel like I'm lacking, but have never tried to give them gifts.

Domstercool

I didn't do it personally, but there were some people in the import OT that did it, their "secret" was to max three Confidants that allow you to save time and money:
Death, Temperance and Fortune
and take advantage of the features you unlock.

That's cool. I like the idea of them allowing time saving through confidants - a good addition.

Samikaze

Picked this up on gamefly on a whim.

I'm not normally a fan of JRPGs these days and the last Persona I tried was Persona 3. It didn't really click for me. After watching my girlfriend play this for about 2 hours last night, I figured I'd skip it too and stick with Nier.

I'm glad I didn't follow through. All the issues I had with JRPGs in recent years, (terrible writing and VO, horridly paced tutorial sections, bland art style, simple mechanics), are all absent here. Only 8 hours in, but loving it so far!

Seeing as I'm pretty much a newbie to Pesona, is there anything I should know that wasn't covered in the first page?

Just beat dungeon 3.
I'm still frustrated by the various restrictions the game throws at you for several hours before a dungeon but at least here, unlike in chapter 2, I loved the new party member, the dungeon itself, and the boss. And dat music.

Now, I've got to seriously upgrade my Knowledge since
Makoto
doesn't want to speak to me otherwise, lol. Plus, the exams are coming up. Sorry, Ryuji and Ann, I'm all about
Makoto and Doctor Death

Saikyo

Having problems with the boss on the fourth palace
sphinx keep hitting me with dreadfull scream and I dont have anything to cure Akira when it hits him

Tips for persona, acessory or techs?

People talking about party members: this is the first Persona game since P3 where I can finally switch all party members and all parties are super useful. Only during bosses I'd stick to 3 members: Morgana as a healer, And my two tanks Ryuji and Makoto; Ryuji can paralyze a ton of enemies and those
nuclear
attacks of Makoto hit like a truck, plus she also has those sweet supportive skills.

Jiraiza

Don't get any wrong ideas, I'm just here to wipe your shitty attic floor for 5000 yen, master!! <3 <3 <3

Shoot, I don't want to think I'm a masochist, but this teacher's making me take the wrong path.

On 6/11 and Ann and Ryuji's banter is still pretty top-notch.
I liked it when she smacked him on the head for being too loud. And fucking Yusuke.

You god damn cat!

What social link grow up fast with a persona of the same type ? Was it the case in P4 and 3 ? I don't remember.

Anne is a poor naoto drop her.

I dropped Ann as soon as I could, Mona is situational - only had a need for him in the 4th Dungeon's boss.

I usually use them all in a dungeon. Whenever one party member has no SP I switch them out for another one.

I like Morgana a lot, but I just fused a Nigi Mitama with divine grace (raises effectiveness of healing skills), media and diarama as soon as I could (around level 18 I think). Added a recarm card to the mix later and voilá. Sorry lil guy, no hard feelings.

I think I will drop everyone for the first team eventually I guess. Seems like the upcoming characters have a design that suits me better. Ana is first

Wink

3 dungeons in most of it is perfect and even succeeds my wild hype level.

Only thing I am really missing would be a turn order bar so that it's not as fidgety to keep track of that in harder fights. Otherwise the UI inside and outside of fights is so great. Most of the questions people ask about confidant placement/possibilities is right on the train map pressing square.
I'm especially glad that Personas in your stash don't have to be active to contribute toward social link points and highly impressed by how quick and streamlined the more tedious parts of this franchise and genre in general have become. Guess it was really worth them taking their time.

This might be my favorite game of all time. I haven't been this hooked on a game since SOCOM II. Is it normal to
play a Palace until a safe room, then back out to gather more resources? I am doing Kamoshida's palace and have already gone back twice.

Ephesos

Neo Member
the "downtime" between dungeons is a bit too long for my taste. so many days clicking through dialog and going to bed early ...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This might be my favorite game of all time. I haven't been this hooked on a game since SOCOM II. Is it normal to
play a Palace until a safe room, then back out to gather more resources? I am doing Kamoshida's palace and have already gone back twice.
Yes, it's normal for the first palace because you have less SP.

That's normal just don't give up too much days tho

Jiraiza

6/11:

I'm surprised the anime cliche sperging out with the indirect kiss and sharing cups didn't come up between Ryuji and Ann with him taking a sip of her coffee.
Impressive.

Linkura

LOL Ann Rank 8

Ryuji: Quit thinkin' you're some sexy character in an anime. It's sad watchin' you like this.

Ann: What!?

Ryuji: First off, one of them sexy characters'd never come to the gym in their PE uniform.

Ann: How am I supposed to know that?! I've never even been to the gym before today!

Amazing lines.

Eunoia

Neo Member
When is a good time to start doing mementos? As in, when have you saved up enough to make it worthwhile to go there? Also, from what point on is it viable to do some money grinding there?

Ydelnae

It would be easier to raise enough knowledge and prepare for the exams if the game wasn't like "by the way your mid-terms begin this morning, good luck"

asking this again to see if anyone can answer

Is there a confirmed list of Personas you can acquire in the first Palace?

I've looked online and the only one I've seen mentions ones that I never saw in my initial run through there and doesn't even list one I fought multiple times. One of the Personas they list as in there is mentioned on another site as just being in Mementos.

It's confusing (and annoying) when you're just wanting to make sure you got every one you could that early on but honestly have no idea if you did.

Kinsei

Banned
It would be easier to raise enough knowledge and prepare for the exams if the game wasn't like "by the way your mid-terms begin this morning, good luck"

You have access to calendar at all times. At the start of each month you should open it up and check out what big events are coming up.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
"Return to the previous safe room"

*eye twitch*

Just strolling along through all these turkeys and all the sudden someone comes along to 1-hit kill the whole party. Fuuuuuuck.

Let's just go ahead and redo that last 30-60 minutes right quick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom