• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man should I sell this one Soma I have? 50k is ridiculous for how little money I have right now, I can equip my whole party with good stuff with that.

for reference, im about 5 and half hours in, I just got
Ann and im in the wepon shop for the first time

mike6467

maybe spoiler tag that? anyway yeah I found him, forgot that it needed to be evening first.

For anyone that can't find him there, he will move to
Shinjuku
once it opens up. Took me awhile to find him after I ignored that link for most of June.

And I'm still not sure how people hate Ryuji, he's like the heart of the group. Amazing guy.

He reminds me of a combination of Yosuke and Kenji from P4. I started out liking him just fine until some of his costly mistakes which he didn't seem to learn from at all.
You mean me being loud and obnoxious about really sensitive info almost destroyed our lives and everything we've worked for? Yeah, I guess so...*continues being loud and obnoxious about really sensitive info*

I do like the direction his S Link is going though.

Jiraiza

Yusukes first interaction with Futaba lmao...

Man, 6/11 and I'm absolutely loving the chemistry between the characters in the cast, social links aside. This is how group dynamics should be handled in any JRPG. Looking forward to the other characters since Yusuke added an even weirder dynamic to the group.

The heart to heart talk about their past is amazing in the MC's room.
This is the kind of stuff you don't see in a game and it's awesome.

P5 >>>>> P4

And I'm still not sure how people hate Ryuji, he's like the heart of the group. Amazing guy.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Man, 6/11 and I'm absolutely loving the chemistry between the characters in the cast, social links aside. This is how group dynamics should be handled in any JRPG. Looking forward to the other characters since Yusuke added an even weirder dynamic to the group.

P5 >>>>> P4

When
Ryuji starts talking about his mom there it really got to me honestly. The whole scene stuck with me because it was just a nice conversation between friends and not some forced "event" trying to be funny and memorable. Really fantastic group dynamics there.

vall03

Ugh, I'm really really tempted to go Safety just for the Gold Bonus but the fact that you can't change difficulties afterwards is kinda annoying. Do we have the P4G difficulty slider for NG+? I just want bonus money without drastically affecting the game's difficulty.

Items that have descriptions that say sell for a ton, are those okay to sell or will they be important for anything? Always ask this when playing a new RPG because you never know lol

Jiraiza

When
Ryuji starts talking about his mom there it really got to me honestly. The whole scene stuck with me because it was just a nice conversation between friends and not some forced "event" trying to be funny and memorable. Really fantastic group dynamics there.

Yeah, definitely. Games typically never have this kind of downtime for characters to interact. Really gets you attached to them.
Sojiro and Yusuke's talk was also very good.

CC8e2MG.jpg

Nahhh.

Vice

man should I sell this one Soma I have? 50k is ridiculous for how little money I have right now, I can equip my whole party with good stuff with that.

You'll find quite a bit of loot to sell in the dungeons. But, I'm the guy who keeps everybody elixer and then never uses them in an RPG.

aravuus

Wow, fuck everyone involved with Temperance's SLink events.

So many little shits in this game.

Is something like
suing the board of education over an accident
like that even plausible? The fact that it's so nonsensical to me makes it even more infuriating lol

Domstercool

Items that have descriptions that say sell for a ton, are those okay to sell or will they be important for anything? Always ask this when playing a new RPG because you never know lol

They fall into the treasure category at the airsoft store and are meant to be sold.

I sold it for the sp lvl 3 accessory. Will hold on to any future ones I get.

Chaos17

P5 >>>>> P4

The bonding is less good in this game than P4 and 3 so far for me. Most party threat yusuje and Futaba like they're "special" just because of their hobbies. I mean personally, the Futaba
rehab
is too forced.

Curufinwe

It is so much easier to ambush shadows that it was to hit them from behind in P3 and P4.

But I think I'm not gonna be able to beat the first dungeon on my first go. Almost out of SP after getting the key.

Curufinwe

That's what I did.

pbayne

School trip was certainly a thing. Oh Mishima you dork. I love how awkward he is.

9/15 spoilers/speculation

Man im getting a serious vibe that Ryuji is the traitor. He's taking this shit way, way too seriously atm. Its all gone to his head. No chance Akechi sells out the group, that's way too obvious.

Opa-Pa

It is so much easier to ambush shadows that it was to hit them from behind in P3 and P4.

But I think I'm not gonna be able to beat the first dungeon on my first go. Almost out of SP after getting the key.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised I've seen so many complaints about cheap ambushes from shadows when the game is clearly designed to let you ambush virtually every enemy in it. It's the reason enemies can kill you so easily actually, you're not supposed to even allow them to attack.

Are knowledge points in the shibuya diner random like the proficiency points when you craft? I usually get 3 points for knowledge but only getting 2. It's also raining on this particular day.

AngryMoth

General advice, if I manage my time well is it possible to max at all the social links and get decent social stats or should I be min-maxing them?

Also is there no way to check how close you are to ranking up social stats? It's kind of annoying not knowing

Chaos17

Beginning chapter 5:
for the live if God, Ryugi and Mishima should shut up about fame!! They're in Hawaii just enjoy damn it

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is it just me oooor the game kinda somewhat nudge you towards Makoto as the 'canon' girlfriend for the MC? I am now in
Hawaii
and the way it was set up seemed to indicate that.

Hrmmmm.

Weiss

Banned
From the menu >>> items

Once the game introduces them to you, just press R1 in the items menu and use them as regular consumables to give the skills to your personas.

Thanks guys.

Is it just me oooor the game kinda somewhat nudge you towards Makoto as the 'canon' girlfriend for the MC? I am now in
Hawaii

Hrmmmm.

Yeah I kinda got that feeling too, which helps since she's easily the best character in the game.

Domstercool

Hawaii

Hrmmmm.

As in the time where you have a spare afternoon to hang with someone? It can be different people depending your confidant rank.

So I'm having a tough time. About to face the first boss and all, and should I spend most of my cash on healing items/new weapons or do dungeons regularly provide those?

Also do I sell the treasures I find? I can't believe how dumb this game is making me feel.

The party dynamic is really good in this, like other people have been saying. You get some really nice character building moments. It's BS that they seemingly don't acknowledge if
your character is in a relationship with one of the main ​girls. I'm with Ann and the beach scene was goofy as hell because they were saying the guys had no game when she's my girlfriend lol
. Seems super half baked considering
it's a main feature of the game

Domstercool

So I'm having a tough time. About to face the first boss and all, and should I spend most of my cash on healing items/new weapons or do dungeons regularly provide those?

Also do I sell the treasures I find? I can't believe how dumb this game is making me feel.

Sell treasures at the airsoft store.

Got it. Do you guys think I should sell my only Soma? 50k yen early on seems suspicious as hell but I could really use it.

Yes, by the time this item is really necessary, you'll already have a great amount of healers, only just completed the 3rd dungeon and 3 out the 5 allies all have healing skills, and the MC can also be a healer as well.

Use it to by the best weapon and armor for your characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom