• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of devoting my first 15 days to skillbuilding, and waited until the final day to destroy the castle. I am royally fucked, and didn't save at all over the break =(

gun_haver

Palace 1 question - Am I expected to do this in one go? I don't want to spend too many days here, but it seems to be fairly long.

i did the first one in a 4 visits total, which is really too many, so no you can take your time if you just aren't in the mood. the only thing you lose is sacrificing some activity time, but the dungeons are kind of designed to be taken in chunks and the game encourages you to do it like that.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Some of you need to learn how to spoiler.
You got to give some context to that black bar, otherwise i'm not clicking that shit and neither should anyone else.
You could be talking about the end boss or the fact that you did 'bufu' instead of 'agi' that one time, I wouldn't fucking know.

In an ideal world: how to spoiler:
Spoiler for 4/12 - before the third dungeon:
Insert your text here.
(Not story related)

You got to give some context to that black bar, otherwise i'm not clicking that shit and neither should anyone else. You could be talking about the end boss or the fact that you did 'bufu' instead of 'agi' that one time, I wouldn't fucking know.

Yup, and the title of the thread links you to a Mod requesting this.

KorrZ

I'm not entirely fond on how big of a factor RNG can play into your success when it comes to palace runs.

An easy enemy that you've killed 20 of without being touched? OOPS! Your spell randomly missed and now you don't get a hold up and they 2 shot your MC and it's game over even though everyone else is full HP.

Back to your last save which could be 45+ mins ago!

Eunoia

Neo Member
Spoiler after finishing third palace:
For a second there I thought all my money problems were solved when I opened that briefcase, until I realised it read 'children's bank'. That was a great boss fight, though.

N° 2048

You got to give some context to that black bar, otherwise i'm not clicking that shit and neither should anyone else.
You could be talking about the end boss or the fact that you did 'bufu' instead of 'agi' that one time, I wouldn't fucking know.

Yep...thought I'd be in this OT more but wow people just don't care about spoiler tagging anything.

Oh well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Palace 1 question - Am I expected to do this in one go? I don't want to spend too many days here, but it seems to be fairly long.
You are not expected to, but its clear some people did if you look at the absolute everyone activity log. I think it took 4 or 5 trips in the end.

CSX

Question about summer vacation after completing the 4th palace (8/29)

Does the beach scene with the party change a bit at all if you are in a romantic relationship with a confidant? I imagine no but just want to make sure.

gun_haver

How on earth to raise kindness?

No idea what to get the game console from, any tips?

dunno about the game consoles but some kindness things i've found

- feed the plant in your room (you can get plant food at the rocinante shop and UG mall)
- eat the nostalgic steak at the diner
- find books which raise kindness
- first movie raises kindness too

That's all stuff available early, I'm sure there is more.

drac96

How on earth to raise kindness?

No idea what to get the game console from, any tips?

Kindness can be raised by working at the flower shop. You need a certain amount of charm first though

As for the​ console
No idea when it becomes available, but the dude at the store you bought the TV from outside of Leblanc sold it to me in August

Domstercool

I'm not entirely fond on how big of a factor RNG can play into your success when it comes to palace runs.

An easy enemy that you've killed 20 of without being touched? OOPS! Your spell randomly missed and now you don't get a hold up and they 2 shot your MC and it's game over even though everyone else is full HP.

Two shot? I assume the persona wasn't strong or repelling their attack. There's more to it than just getting their weakness, you also have to protect your own and use the other team mates to protect the leader.

Jb

they seem to give you social skill upgrades as well, and at least one has some bearing on a sidequest. i imagine there will be confidants and so on involved in others. but for money, yeah it doesn't really seem worthwhile since it uses up time and the amount of money is quite small. maybe it goes up later?

Yeah or maybe new jobs become available later on that are a bit more interesting.
I can't remember if it was the same thing in P3 and 4.

Alucrid

Banned

putting the Shin Megami Tensei back in persona

J4g3r

C8_mL_8XcAA28-P.jpg

C8_mNdYXsAIjNz1.jpg

C8_mOYhXYAANwEA.jpg

Dumb cat.

(5/5) omg I'm so mad at myself
Going about my day IRL and it suddenly occurred to me that I should have named my dudes the Wet Bandits.
My meme game is a shambles.

Zyrox

Anyone got a fusion chart/calculator? Wanna fuse Flauros for the Strength confidant but I need Eligor beforehand, no idea how to fuse him.

Opa-Pa

Two shot? I assume the persona wasn't strong or repelling their attack. There's more to it than just getting their weakness, you also have to protect your own and use the other team mates to protect the leader.

Yeah, I'd say the game tries to teach you this by putting enemies with Hama and Mudo early in the game as well. Sometimes it's better to equip a persona that will nulify damage from the enemy rather than hit their weakness. It's the reason I use Shiki Ouji and Orthrus so often.

putting the Shin Megami Tensei back in persona

At long last.

Ryan_

spoiler Makoto rank 1:
Whereas Ann wanted to go to a shopping mall, Makoto invites me to the arcade. What a classy girl.

Zafir

As in the time where you have a spare afternoon to hang with someone? It can be different people depending your confidant rank.

I thought it was based on your choice the day before to be honest. Due to Makoto's absurd charm requirement half way through her SL, I actually had Ann higher. Yet I still got Makoto.

Silvard

What? This isn't how you tag spoilers?

When
Ryuji starts talking about his mom there it really got to me honestly. The whole scene stuck with me because it was just a nice conversation between friends and not some forced "event" trying to be funny and memorable. Really fantastic group dynamics there.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I am kinda shocked at how much some parts of this game emotionally resonate with me.There are some real gut punches in there.
Coupled with the music which is goddamn perfect it can make for some amazing scenes where stuff just hits you. You actually feel for some of these characters.

Thank you also! Great to have both versions. Song got me seriously going, was about to put the PS4 in rest mode for the night and then that song kicked in and there was no way I couldn't finish.

That song is so damn hype. One of the best battle/exploration themes i've heard.

SkylineRKR

Eh?

I'm in the 5th palace, and then

I fight this random robot guy, Awakened God. He has physical barrier and puts up magical barrier I can't remove with debuff so I am pretty much clueless while he's casting despair.

Domstercool

I thought it was based on your choice the day before to be honest. Due to Makoto's absurd charm requirement half way through her SL, I actually had Ann higher. Yet I still got Makoto.

You can date anyone that hits a certain rank, because other students with confidants are available too, such as Hifumi.

Man, I'm like 15 hours into and still getting introduced to new stuff even now, this game is so full of stuff to do, the time management is crazy in this game, I need a diary/calendar to help me decide what to do next!

"You know, Joker? We really are the Phantom Thieves."

Ha, that's the first of these Last of Us jokes that actually made me smirk a bit.

Zafir

Eh?

I'm in the 5th palace, and then

I fight this random robot guy, Awakened God. He has physical barrier and puts up magical barrier I can't remove with debuff so I am pretty much clueless while he's casting despair.

You basically have to get Nuclear attacks off before they can do that.

I lost some progress because my entire party got despaired. =/ Didn't even realise it killed you up until that point, lol.
You can date anyone that hits a certain rank, because other students with confidants are available too, such as Hifumi.
My only choice was Makoto besides Ryuji, though despite her not being the highest. So there must be more behind the scenes.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
It's impossible to know if your comment is about something that happens on that date.

I would assume common sense would tell someone that if there's no spoiler tag, the one in the post I'm replying to would apply. Apparently not.
Frankly, and I might be mistaken, but it feels like you just wanted a reason to point at my post because I don't shout "I HATE RYUJI" like you've been doing on end in almost every single post you've made these last several pages.

It took me forever to figure this out haha.
You just have to go to the washing machine. When you're leaving set Mona will ask if you want to do it yourself or call Kawakami

Yeah, right before I asked here, I had some stuff ready to go at the washing machine but I didn't want to waste an evening, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom