• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvard

I would assume common sense would tell someone that if there's no spoiler tag, people would be able to work out the one in the post I'm replying to would apply. Apparently not.

Frankly, and I might be mistaken, but it feels like you just wanted a reason to point at my post because I don't shout "I HATE RYUJI" like you've been doing on end in almost every single post you've made these last several pages.

That's hilarious assumption, but I promise you that it isn't the case. I do hate Ryuji and I haven't been shy about it, but that's not why. As I edited in really quickly: just based on the quote one wouldn't be sure if it's a 6/11 event or if it's another one where Ryuji or group dynamics is involved. I personally hesitated before clicking because I couldn't tell from just "When".

I hope you don't take offense at me using your spoiler as an example, I just don't think adding a bit more context to it would hurt.

Domstercool

You basically have to get Nuclear attacks off before they can do that.

I lost some progress because my entire party got despaired. =/ Didn't even realise it killed you up until that point, lol.

My only choice was Makoto besides Ryuji, though despite her not being the highest. So there must be more behind the scenes.

Interesting. I wonder if anyone knows that? Because I had three options for my spare time with someone.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
That's hilarious assumption, but I promise you that it isn't. As I edited in really quickly: just based on the quote one wouldn't be sure if it's a 6/11 event or if it's another one where Ryuji or group dynamics is involved. I personally hesitated before clicking because I couldn't tell from just "When".

I hope you don't take offense at me using your spoiler as an example, I just don't think adding a bit more context to it would hurt.

I'll be more blatant then in future. Leaving "when" out the front was just a mistake on my part, I didn't even intend to do that. But I really would think that it was obvious I wouldn't reply to someone talking about an event on 6/11 with story material from further in than that without marking it.

Lunar FC

Quick question, I'm only a little over three hours in.

But I just finished my second tour of the coaches palace and then the cat dude wanted me to help him out with him master plan. I picked a dialoge option that made the conversation go a direction that I did not intend and I basically chose not to help him. Did I fuck up, or was the convo always going to go that way?

Thanks.

Silvard

I'll be more blatant then in future. Leaving "when" out the front was just a mistake on my part, I didn't even intend to do that. But I really would think that it was obvious I wouldn't reply to someone talking about an event on 6/11 with story material from further in than that without marking it.

I believe you wouldn't, but it's a leap of faith anyway. Again, I apologize for taking your spoiler as an example, being fair it's much better contextualized than most spoilers that don't have context of their own. And I'll tone down the Ryuji hate a bit I guess, I wouldn't want to give off the impression that it might make me biased against anyone who thinks differently.

Silvard

Quick question, I'm only a little over three hours in.

But I just finished my second tour of the coaches palace and then the cat dude wanted me to help him out with him master plan. I picked a dialoge option that made the conversation go a direction that I did not intend and I basically chose not to help him. Did I fuck up, or was the convo always going to go that way?

Thanks.

It's all good.

Brakke

Banned
What's up with temperemce? I've had the "slack off" ability for like a month but it's never triggered. Even had a class with Temperance...

Also that confidant is completely insane.

Kinsei

Banned
Quick gameplay question.
Are the upgraded personas for your party members tied to the story ala P3 or confidants ala P4?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, the security goes to 99% after sending a calling card, but you can actually still lower it. Does lowering it do anything, or is it just an oversight?

Domstercool

So, the security goes to 99% after sending a calling card, but you can actually still lower it. Does lowering it do anything, or is it just an oversight?

It's part of the mechanic. 100% gets you thrown out normally, although, once you've sent a calling card, even 100% doesn't throw you out I think, because they know you're coming for it.

Shahadan

I decided to skip immediately any phone conversation bullshit. Holy shit this is annoying. Let's all talk about useless shit you already know and we've already discussed multiple times.
Oh and to give you the illusion you have any say in the matter, please choose between these three answers:

1-Yes
2-Yeah
3-Yup

mike6467

So, regarding the Hanged S Link

What does gun customization actually do? I'm just reading about it to see if I want to be raising this, and it doesn't really specific what effects this puts on the guns.
I haven't been using the guns much except for the shadows weak to them, but maybe that'll change?

BeeDog

I've had more trouble playing this frickin' game on NORMAL than any of the Souls games, and I'm still in the first dungeon.

I've reached the tower, and any red outline enemy that spawn those horseback-riding knights utterly destroy me. I barely have any healing items, and have like 6-7 days left until the game ends.

Are you supposed to feel this under-levelled? I am also trying to use the cover system and dashing to avoid some of the tougher encounters, but the finicky controls while hiding just makes me run into these shitheads and die. What to do?

Are there any penalties (i.e. missable trophies) if I lower the difficulty to Easy? Not really enjoying the game when I continuously lose progress.

R0ckman

I've had more trouble playing this frickin' game on NORMAL than any of the Souls games, and I'm still in the first dungeon.

I've reached the tower, and any red outline enemy that spawn those horseback-riding knights utterly destroy me. I barely have any healing items, and have like 6-7 days left until the game ends.

Are you supposed to feel this under-levelled? I am also trying to use the cover system and dashing to avoid some of the tougher encounters, but the finicky controls while hiding just makes me run into these shitheads and die. What to do?

Are there any penalties (i.e. missable trophies) if I lower the difficulty to Easy? Not really enjoying the game when I continuously lose progress.

Recruit Slify or whatever the housmaid is and use Bufu on him

Shahadan

You should buy better armor. I tried to use the basic ones but by the end of the dungeon they're really weak. I spent most of the boss batlle healing myself.

Kinsei

Banned

I'm not sure if there are any difficulty trophies.

Advice:
The horseback guys are weak to bufu (ice). Using that on them makes those fights as trivial as the rest of them in the first palace.

megalowho

Max rank Temperance is a game changer. Final perk is good enough on its own but I did not expect
free laundry and daily coffee
. That's good service.

I decided to skip immediately any phone conversation bullshit. Holy shit this is annoying. Let's all talk about useless shit you already know and we've already discussed multiple times.
Oh and to give you the illusion you have any say in the matter, please choose between these three answers:

1-Yes
2-Yeah
3-Yup

I don't skip it but I agree it could be better, especially after Catherine. They should have made it as an option to get Confidant points depending on what you choose in group convos.

Linkura

Invigorate 3 accessory + Nigi Mitama who comes with Media and Divine Grace = LOL healing

Pretty much everyone is at full SP halfway through this dungeon. So cheesy.

I did it in one day, but I am playing in normal. The latter quarter of the Palace was running on dry SP reserves and relying on level ups to heal a bit.

I was doing just that after beating the first boss. I was relying only on Morgana to heal the party and Joker and Skull to use physical attacks; and could've actually use another item to recover SP to keep going and even use the soma you get for free but in the end I decided not to do so because I needed lockpicks and I calculated I can finish the dungeon in my next incursion (I already played the Japanese version so I kind of know what to expect) and the first days are not as critical yet so I can use one more day to beat the dungeon and use my items for the next one.

Still, As i said, NG+ counts in your statistics. When I played the Japanese versions there was an exploit many people were using to get more experience iirc and when I compared my level to the rest of players I always appeared underleveled.

Thinking of bumping difficulty back up to normal since I haven't noticed easy being much different.

For as frustrating as this game has been it's all I've been thinking about at work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom