• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

Why put me back at the cafe and make me think I have a choice in doing anything when really the cat just scolds me and wants me to sleep?

Fake sense of choice. The cat is a bully.

Totakeke

Why put me back at the cafe and make me think I have a choice in doing anything when really the cat just scolds me and wants me to sleep?

So you can save and not have to go further back because you picked the wrong choice the next day.

Shahadan

So you can save and not have to go further back because you picked the wrong choice the next day.

There is no wrong choice unless you're doing social links and most of the time when the cat is preventing you from doing shit you can't do those to begin with.

But yes it's so you can save. :p

Danj

yeah this annoys me somewhat. And if it's for saving purposes, just add an autosave function already, and make it have its own dedicated save slot so it doesn't overwrite any of your manual save slots.

note that I'm not suggesting the game should autosave continuously, just that when the only options are to save or to sleep, just save automatically and then sleep automatically, there's no point in making the player do it manually (is there?)

Started playing today. The startup is even longer than Persona 4, but it seems like I'm now about to tackle the first dungeon properly, and I'm feeling pumped. I really like the characters and plot so far.

It will take some doing to beat Persona 4, but it's off to a great start so far.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
What's up with temperemce? I've had the "slack off" ability for like a month but it's never triggered. Even had a class with Temperance...

Also that confidant is completely insane.
When the confidant gets introduced had me in stitches.

How many of those music note things do I have to get to level up charm to 3? I feel I've gotten like 40 already. Guts didn't seem to take anywhere near as long..

I'm in June, and I'm just wondering: Are there clubs like Persona 3&4 in the game? Would google, but I don't want to get spoiled on something bigger by accident lol

PK Gaming

Only on the 3rd arc, but the playable characters are really fun this time around.

• Ryuji is like the best parts of Chie and Kanji in a single character. Stupidly powerful single and multi-target physical skill, competent magic and Tarukaja. Just plain awesome.
  • Morgana is like Teddie/Yukiko, but has one of the very best physical attacks in the game (Lucky/Miracle Punch)
  • I've seen Ann get some hate, but Tarunda alone makes her a valuable pick for boss fights, and her kit isn't too shabby.
  • Yusuke is a
    solid physical attacker. Having him and Ryuji on the same team is just brutal for enemies.
  • Going to pick up Makoto soon, and i'm pretty sure her
    she's versatile as fuck based on the trailers alone.

Late game question, SPOILER I guess:

Where the eff is Ryuji on 3/19, the day before you leave? I've ran around the station twenty times trying to find him.

Taruranto

I hope hacker girl has a pleasant voice and knows when to shut up because I'm ready to throw Morgana to the demons.

Do you get another chara with healing abilities?

Vamphuntr

I don't like how the time management works in this one. Maybe I'm remembering P4 wrong because I haven't played it in years but I feel that you often can't do any activity at all. I'm about 30 hours in and I find it aggravating that I cannot go see a Confidant, go work or try to improve stats because I had to listen to the characters repeating what happened 5 minutes ago and now I'm too tired and need to sleep.

Pretty weird how they try to drag cases schedule wise by forcing you to leave and go to the real world to solve obstacles, spends a whole day to send the card and another day for the treasure.

Vestal

I haven't had this much fun and investment in the story of a game in a long freaking time...

So far I would put this game up there with Witcher 3 as far as games of the Generation. Perfect mix of story, music, mechanics, and gorgeous art style.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sixth dungeon has AMAZING music.

Slot machine/coin mechanic is creative, but also sort of annoying

Recall

Better go to bed early?

It's an art exhibit. I think I'll be ok to watch a DVD first cat. What? I'm not allowed? *sigh* Fine.

You win again bully cat.

nOoblet16

Uh my MC has been in a relationship with Tae for a month now and everyone is still acting like he is single. Ryuji has even made "Come on we're all single here" comment twice.

This is what I meant when I said romance in this game is bollocks as it serves no purpose and you probably only get like a cutscene on Valentine's day or something for being in a relationship.

Regarding the day 9/10
I suppose if my MC was in a relationship with Ann or Makoto he would have had an option to spend time with them. I don't know if Ryuji would have then acknowledged the fact that not everyone is single when he was talking about going around picking up girls earlier

Kinsei

Banned
I just realized that you can see what the next confidant skill will be before you get it. That's certainly useful for helping you plan your days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom