• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to name my character Master Asia on a whim. Gotten a few good lines out of it. "Wow, Asia is good at math"

Totakeke

The first dungeon not giving you a warning about how long it actually takes is so fucking stupid.

I believe even the first dungeon hints to you how far you've gotten if you hold a meeting in safe rooms. If you're talking about deadlines then calendar does that.

nOoblet16

The first dungeon not giving you a warning about how long it actually takes is so fucking stupid.
How long it actually takes to do what? What game lets you know how much time a level will take before you finish it? As for the length, the characters do comment on whether they are halfway through or at the start or near the end. It's why a lot of people here said stuff like "I was hoping the dungeon to end by the time Morgana said we were only halfway through".

Or are you talking about the ingame days it takes to finish? Because I didn't find it to be any different than others

DragonElm

Neo Member
Need help with Moon confidant rank 10. Im at the start of December after the sixth dungeon boss. I cant seem to find Moon confidant available for rank 10. Was there a deadline for this confidant?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I believe even the first dungeon hints to you how far you've gotten if you hold a meeting in safe rooms. If you're talking about deadlines then calendar does that.
It absolutely does not tell you that you will need more than one day to actually complete it. This isn't a spoiler -- it isn't because of something dramatic or a surprise.

Good luck trying to finish the first dungeon if you start on the last day or the second last day. My friend just lost a shit ton of progress because the game makes absolutely no mention how long the dungeon actually takes to complete.

What horse shit design.

Vamphuntr

How long it actually takes to do what? What game lets you know how long a level will last before you finish it? Or are you talking about the ingame days it takes to finish? Because I didn't find it to be any different than others

It doesn't tell you that it takes 1 day to send the card and another 1 to steal though.

Qurupeke

Some thoughts on the story so far, up to the stuff before entering the 4th Palace:

So many Death Note vibes. The theme of justice and if it's wrong to take the matter into their hands is really strong as the story goes on, especially on the scenes with Akechi. I like Ryuji's enthusiasm but I really can't agree with this. Other than the fact that the victim doesn't die, at least physically I guess, the whole affair with "stealing the heart" is essentially the same as writing a name on the death note. Fortunately, this seems to get an even bigger role as the team's popularity expands, so I'm really interested to see its conclusion.

Also, I feel that I'm in constant need of money. My equipment is old, I don't have enough to buy medicines and I mostly have a 4 digit number of cash on me...
A certain maid may be partially the cause...

Totakeke

That's different than the two things I mentioned. They didn't factor in the design that people would do the dungeons near the deadline, sure.

Domstercool

Well your friends do tell you to get on with finishing the dungeon, because time is short. The game throws plenty of warnings to say "get it done."

Shahadan

If you look at your calendar, it's all in there.

No one is looking at that and the game doesn't explain the calling card shit until you're doing it. Even the characters are like wtf Morgana couldn't you have told us that before.

For a game constantly micro managing you and annoying you with hundreds of tutorials, this is a stupid thing to do.

Vamphuntr

Well your friends do tell you to get on with finishing the dungeon, because time is short. The game throws plenty of warnings to say "get it done."

There's a place near the end in 4 that is skips the remaining days left if you do the dungeon too quickly....

Another dumb thing is that you can enter Mementos while not having access to the area you need to go (with the quest active) which made me waste a day.

Domstercool

There's a place near the end in 4 that is skips the remaining days left if you do the dungeon too quickly....

Another dumb thing is that you can enter Mementos while not having access to the area you need to go (with the quest active) which made me waste a day.

That's not in 5 though. You always have until the deadline to do stuff.

9/8-9/11
I wish they had done something more interesting in Hawaii. It felt like a waste of time. Nothing interesting happened. And it was focused on getting girls too, which is extremely dull and embarrassing to watch.

Salaadin

I don't like how the time management works in this one. Maybe I'm remembering P4 wrong because I haven't played it in years but I feel that you often can't do any activity at all. I'm about 30 hours in and I find it aggravating that I cannot go see a Confidant, go work or try to improve stats because I had to listen to the characters repeating what happened 5 minutes ago and now I'm too tired and need to sleep.

Pretty weird how they try to drag cases schedule wise by forcing you to leave and go to the real world to solve obstacles, spends a whole day to send the card and another day for the treasure.
I'm feeling the same way.

I mean, I really like the game but it feels like they're not giving me any time to do anything that I want. I just have to sit and watch while I'm strung along.
I'm hoping that they ease up later but, after 30 hours, I'm beginning to doubt that they will.

What kills me is when I'm in school, I have a request that needs me to go to the school gate, but the game won't let me because there's a separate, required story bit inside the school and they won't let me go to the gate because I might leave.

Or when they drop you off at the coffee shop entrance and then deny you from doing anything except walking to your room and sleeping.

5th Palace:
Jesus I was rushing through the area where you had to use the machine for "break" or "lunch break" because I had to go to work soon and got my ass handed to me for not thinking straight. The Palace seems very fitting where I currently am in life though lol

barybll

Banned

I mean, I really like the game but it feels like they're not giving me any time to do anything that I want. I just have to sit and watch while I'm strung along.
I'm hoping that they ease up later but, after 30 hours, I'm beginning to doubt that they will.

What kills me is when I'm in school, I have a request that needs me to go to the school gate, but the game won't let me because there's a separate, required story bit inside the school and they won't let me go to the gate because I might leave.

Or when they drop you off at the coffee shop entrance and then deny you from doing anything except walking to your room and sleeping.

One important thing to remember is that P5 don't have nearly as many time skips as P4
You might be having the impression of having less time due to this

About the 4th dungeon, that's good to know. Anything other tips like these? I don't want to get messed up because the game doesn't want to tell me something.

I have the opposite feeling. After the initial 2 palaces I feel like I have so much time I dont know what to do with it all.

TheFatMan

Put in about 4 hours so far it's a pretty rad game.

My only complain so far is how long you have to wait between saving sometimes. I had shit to do and almost had to shut my game down and lose my progress because it went over an hour without letting me save....seems silly.

nOoblet16

What are you saying?

Why is it dumb? Mementos is open all the time, even when you don't have quests so that you can get loot and XP. If it only let you access it when you had a quest that'd be dumb as how would you access mementos, if you want to for loot/XP, once you do all the side quests available?

Weiss

Banned
I think the best way to sum up my feelings for this game is that it makes Persona cool again for the first time in nearly a decade.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Akechi
is so cool in battle, his white costume and lightsaber are amazing

The story is coming full circle and I'm totally engrossed in it right now. I can't WAIT to go beyond the prologue flash forward.

Dungeon rankings so far:

1 = 6 > 4 = 5 > 2 >> 3

3 isn't "bad" or anything, it's just not nearly as engrossing as the others. The group member that joins you during that time is also not woven into that particular chapter as tightly as the others. I don't mean to lower anyone's expectations, as it's still a great dungeon with a fairly interesting story, but it's definitely the least impactful one so far.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Akechi
is so cool in battle, his white costume and lightsaber are amazing

The story is coming full circle and I'm totally engrossed in it right now. I can't WAIT to go beyond the prologue flash forward.

Dungeon rankings so far:

1 = 6 > 4 = 5 > 2 >> 3

3 isn't "bad" or anything, it's just not nearly as engrossing as the others. The group member that joins you during that time is also not woven into that particular chapter as tightly as the others. I don't mean to lower anyone's expectations, as it's still a great dungeon with a fairly interesting story, but it's definitely the least impactful one so far.
Dungeon 3
i like the music that kicks when you enter the vault
also it feels for the first time in the game like a true heist
with the camera and stuff

Also dungeon 3
Makoto's awakening is probably my favorite so far

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dungeon 3
i like the music that kicks when you enter the vault
also it feels for the first time in the game like a true heist
with the camera and stuff

Also dungeon 3
Makoto's awakening is probably my favorite so far
I definitely agree on that last point.
Makoto's Persona and its awakening scene are definitely still the best in the game so far.

Chaos17

I think the best way to sum up my feelings for this game is that it makes Persona cool again for the first time in nearly a decade.
Not for me they exaggerated too much with: restricted beginning, bad pacing and even with these they're able to make some part if the story cringe worthy.
It's a good game but not s good Persona and if I didn't new the series I would've dropped this game.

Cronen

[early velvet room spoilers]
So I tried to fuse two Persona together to make a Jack Frost as per the request of Caroline & Justine. However, mid-fuse, they took a chainsaw to the guillotines, and I ended up with a Pixie instead. Is there anything that causes this to happen, or is it random? Was a bit bummed out that I had to spend money to buy the Persona back to re-attempt the fuse.

CSX

This game is giving me the Megaten special of all my instant death spells missing while all my enemies' instant death spells are landing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom