• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got the 250 listening lines trophy while playing on easy. This was a surprised to me since i still haven't managed to get on P4G after 3 playthroughs.

I went to the palace "for realsies" on the same day they told me to, with many days left on the deadline. Was that a mistake?

Seeing that it opened up
persona fusing and dungeon fast travel
I think it was the best thing to do but im afraid I should have worked on social links or whatever first :/

Nah, always do the palaces as soon a you can. You'll have plenty of free time once you're done and you won't have the pressure of a deadline.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What was the social link one "should" work for asap for the sp item?

kagamin

I went to the palace "for realsies" on the same day they told me to, with many days left on the deadline. Was that a mistake?

Seeing that it opened up
persona fusing and dungeon fast travel
I think it was the best thing to do but im afraid I should have worked on social links or whatever first :/

I tend to do the entire Palace in the same day, not necessarily the first day I'm allowed to do so, I just need to deal with all my confidants and skill level building before I can actually start sometimes :p

FelipeMGM

Man, Im not feeling this pacing pre full palace 2 operation

I mean, I just cant do anything on my own. No slots during the day so I cant improve Death confident, and I can not even do an evenin thing like studying in Le Blanc or making coffee. Morgana is a pain in the ass bossing me around lol

I hope there is months where you are super free to decide how to manage your time

So...are most people in here playing this on the PS4? Any PS3 players? I ask because I've been pretty curious on that version of it since it's probably the only version I'll be able to play (unless I somehow magically end up with a PS4 or it comes to PC)

I mean, I just cant do anything on my own, not even an evenin thing making coffee. Morgana is a pain in the ass bossing me around man lol

I hope there is months where you are super free to decide how to manage your time

Yeah that part has poor pacing.. But it gets better after imo.

So...are most people in here playing this on the PS4? Any PS3 players? I ask because I've been pretty curious on that version of it since it's probably the only version I'll be able to play (unless I somehow magically end up with a PS4 or it comes to PC)

Since it's turn based I'm sure the ps3 version should be sufficient.

Ryuji Rank 10 spoilers
Holy shit what a downgrade for his persona. Dude had a pirate on top of a fucking pirate ship with cannons and now he gets kid Goku with flying nimbus. Booooo

Also 7/10 & 7/9
idk why but I felt really hyped when they revealed the next target was a group of people? And the she mentioned something about the nav app not possibly working for this arc?
I can't wait to see how this plays out lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I mean, I just cant do anything on my own. No slots during the day so I cant improve Death confident, and I can not even do an evenin thing like studying in Le Blanc or making coffee. Morgana is a pain in the ass bossing me around lol

That's how it is before every palace so far, and I'm up to my 4th.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does Devil get anything really good? If the rest is anything like their first bonus I do not care about this confidant at all.

Kolx

They really should cut some of the 3rd dungeon. I've one sp3 ring to rotate with around 10 sp items and
party members. I'm already at the second wave of my party and consumed all but 2 of my sp items, still didn't reach the treasure *_*
just opened the third ring HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO LAST?!

Also fuck the stupid shit of enemies without weakness. Who thought this was a good idea? they even keep dodging
Morgana critical strike for some reason.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
3rd dungeon is great but probably my least favourite so far in terms of enemies, environments, and the puzzles

Also the final boss
was super easy because I had a persona that blocks physical and gunfire so I was basically invincible and he had healing.

Weiss

Banned
Ryuji Rank 10 spoilers
Holy shit what a downgrade for his persona. Dude had a pirate on top of a fucking pirate ship with cannons and now he gets kid Goku with flying nimbus. Booooo

Also 7/10 & 7/9
idk why but I felt really hyped when they revealed the next target was a group of people? And the she mentioned something about the nav app not possibly working for this arc?
I can't wait to see how this plays out lol

Man I don't even have a single rank 10. Screw your guys and your incredible proficiency at this.

Dachande

Hopefully this won't get lost, but will the Japanese voices be available to buy separately from the Day 1 edition of the game?

I've literally just put Zelda down and need to start Nier. I'll get to P5 but it sucks that I may have to miss out on the Japanese voice track because things are busy.

Hopefully this won't get lost, but will the Japanese voices be available to buy separately from the Day 1 edition of the game?

I've literally just put Zelda down and need to start Nier. I'll get to P5 but it sucks that I may have to miss out on the Japanese voice track because things are busy.

It's DLC not tied to any code. So you don't have to worry about missing out.

Let's not go over there.

It's the truthest truth.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the Japanese voice tracks are free to just download from PSN

Chaos17

Dlc was free for me

That definitely is a thing that grates on me sometimes. Sometimes it's a loooong stretch between occasions when the game finally lets you go do what you want to do.
Half the time when I want to make more lockpicks or something, Morgana says "Let's not do that now." FUCK YOU MORGANA I WANT TO MAKE SOME FUCKING LOCKPICKS.

FelipeMGM

I swear, everytime I see something like this:

C9AVgWXXUAMNmKm.jpg:small

Im like:

''AAAH NO!, F**K YOU MORGANA, YOU JUST A CAT, CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!''

That definitely is a thing that grates on me sometimes. Sometimes it's a loooong stretch between occasions when the game finally lets you go do what you want to do.
Half the time when I want to make more lockpicks or something, Morgana says "Let's not do that now." FUCK YOU MORGANA I WANT TO MAKE SOME FUCKING LOCKPICKS.

EDIT: OMG lets hug and cry together

The (9/8)
the Hawaii trip kinda sucks if you haven't gotten far enough with a romance that's not Makoto. It was all romantic and stuff but I'm about to go back and rank 10 the teacher. And there was no way I was going to hang with Ryuji lol

Man I don't even have a single rank 10. Screw your guys and your incredible proficiency at this.
Man I feel like I fucked up and should've got rank 10 w. Someone else lol. Seeing what some of the other confidants get you at different ranks and I feel like I'm missing out lol

ckohler

Question about early Mementos quest:

Quest is called:
Part time Job, Full time Hell

So,
I can't find the boss shadow. I get to a wall and Morgana just says we haven't affected things enough. How do I proceed? Did I just waist a day for nothing?

FHIZ

AAAH NO!, F**K YOU MORGANA, YOU JUST A CAT, CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!
Now we know why Youske had such an advarsarial relationship with Teddy.

"I BET SENPAI WOULD BE IN BED BY NOW"

So,
I can't find the boss shadow. I get to a wall and Morgana just says we haven't affected things enough. How do I proceed? Did I just waist a day for nothing?

I was just there, and while I haven't checked because I got bombarded by social links, I'm going to guess it has something to do with having the second palace's story wrapped up.

CSX

Finally got 1 million yen. Feeling like a motherfucking king and I'm about to craft that infinite lockpick too. Life is good

nOoblet16

Man anyone else completely despise Dungeon 5 music? It's such a departure from others in terms of tempo, the instruments used and the style. It's so shit and actually annoying !!

Domstercool

Quest is called:

So,

Beating palaces opens up further down.

kagamin

Quest is called:

So,

You have to
take the convenience store part time job
Or the above.

While I'm enjoying the game greatly, one characters treatment in particular has started to seriously frustrate me.

Just going into the fourth palace now, and a second subsequent animated cutscene has shown our male protagonists just openly ogling Ann, ya know, sexual harassment victim Ann. It's so fucking tone deaf it's killing me, it's not just two off cutscenes either. Like the stuff about potentially pursuing her as a romantic interest seems fine and all (theoretically, we'll see when I get further in) but some of this real horny shit is kinda gross given the context, I don't like her sexualisation being treated as a punchline.

So much this.

I'v just reached that point as well last night. That was straight up embarassing.

I don't remember previous games having this kind of punchline either.

If this continues on, it might hinder the game from becoming my GOTY. Tottally off-putting.

Lusankya

Quest is called:

So,

It's probably at a higher level. Check the map for the exclamation mark.

zulux21

PS3 is 720p and longer load times. PS4 is 1080p with faster load times.
thanks I am having a friend try out persona 5 on my ps4, and he doesn't have one but he has a ps3.

he isn't against buying a ps4 for persona 5 and horizon but he was curious how it was on the ps3 since he doesn't really want to buy a ps4 for a few months due to upcoming vacations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom