• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachande

It's DLC not tied to any code. So you don't have to worry about missing out.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the Japanese voice tracks are free to just download from PSN

Dlc was free for me

Ohhh, I thought it was a code in the box for the Day 1 Edition of the game. So it's just an optional download on PSN for whoever, whenever? That's fantastic if so. (I'm in the UK though, so hopefully that's not a US-only deal or something, because Atlus...)

Ryuji's getting dumber the further into this game. I'm mid-June.
He started off alright, but now he's shouting about how we're the phantom thieves and how pissed off Goro makes him.

Vanadium

Man, Im not feeling this pacing pre full palace 2 operation

I mean, I just cant do anything on my own. No slots during the day so I cant improve Death confident, and I can not even do an evenin thing like studying in Le Blanc or making coffee. Morgana is a pain in the ass bossing me around lol

I hope there is months where you are super free to decide how to manage your time

It opens up. Most Persona games are pretty restrictive until about 40% in or so. But the pressures of juggling all your jobs, sports, social links, books, grinding and dungeons are basically the foundation of the entire game design. It's sort of like a board game version of GTA.

I swear, everytime I see something like this:

C9AVgWXXUAMNmKm.jpg:small

Im like:

AAAH NO!, F**K YOU MORGANA, YOU JUST A CAT, CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!

lmao exactly. but in the end I grit my teeth and go to bed, damn cat wins every time.

Ohhh, I thought it was a code in the box for the Day 1 Edition of the game. So it's just an optional download on PSN for whoever, whenever? That's fantastic if so. (I'm in the UK though, so hopefully that's not a US-only deal or something, because Atlus...)

It's free in Europe as well, just beware, if you're installing the voice pack while you're still in the process of installing the main game, or while you're already in the game, there's a chance that the japanese audio installation gets corrupted, which turns the game's audio into a mess. This is easily fixable by just reinstalling the DLC, but depending on your connection that could always take a little while.

JJShadow

I feel I'm about to finish the transition between the second and third dungeon, is there again a period of 10 days or so where Morgana decides to take full control over your life again before starting the third one? I'm enjoying so much this freedom I've had since I cleared the second dungeon :(

Chaos17

I feel I'm about to finish the transition between the second and third dungeon, is there again a period of 10 days or so where Morgana decides to take full control over your life again before starting the third one? I'm enjoying so much this freedom I've had since I cleared the second dungeon :(
Yes

PixelatedBookake

Ryuji's getting dumber the further into this game. I'm mid-June.
He started off alright, but now he's shouting about how we're the phantom thieves and how pissed off Goro makes him.
Why does everyone hate Ryuji so much? Characters like these always go through phases where the mid-June stuff
fame overtakes their better judgement. Obviously he will eventually get over it and will change as a character. He's not that bad, jeez.

Chaos17

Why does everyone hate Ryuji so much? Characters like these always go through phases where the mid-June stuff
fame overtakes their better judgement. Obviously he will eventually get over it and will change as a character. He's not that bad, jeez.
He has been like that since the beginning of Phantoms thieves...

Vanadium

Is this in the English track? think he's fine in the Japanese version. You really can't beat him yelling "おつかれ!" after shadow battles. If anything, I thought Yosuke was more annoying in P4.

ramyeon

I really like that they kept in the random dungeon stuff with Mementos here. Wandered in for my first time since the tutorial request (In July now) and wow... entered with 20,000yen in my wallet, came out about in hour later with 700,000 and a bunch of new Personas fused and some nice equipment looted. Totally worth it.

nOoblet16

Is this in the English track? think he's fine in the Japanese version. You really can't beat him yelling "おつかれ!" after shadow battles. If anything, I thought Yosuke was more annoying in P4.
Am I suppose to know what that means or sounds like?
Why didn't you just write that phonetically ? Lol

Domstercool

Stop spending time with him until August. Then it will continue. The game doesn't tell you that.

I'd like to know something, what does pressing square on the map for his location show? I noticed they are grey on ones that don't continue until you meet a requirement (such as mementos quest). Does it show grey for him at that point?

Ryuji has his ups and downs throughout the game. I think when he's at his down, he's worse than Yosuke and Junpei, because he just spouts so much annoying rubbish without thinking. He does some real dumb shit.

PixelatedBookake

I'd like to know something, what does pressing square on the map for his location show? I noticed they are grey on ones that don't continue until you meet a requirement (such as mementos quest). Does it show grey for him at that point?

It doesn't and that's the problem. It's quite annoying they haven't changed that.

Opa-Pa

Yeah aside from the pervy shit that seems to be a tradition at this point, Ryuji is pretty great. The guy has more than a handful reasons to be aggressive, resentful and have low self-esteem so most of his reactions make perfect sense, and I think he adds some amusing dynamics to the team.

Granted I'm only finishing the third dungeon and perhaps he gets worse, but that's my two cents.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't begin to count the amount of times I got lost in the subway stations in Tokyo when I was there in January lol

I bitched about it to a friend that went to Japan. He said the same shit lol.

"Yeah thats pretty much how it is actually"

LiK

4th dungeon down. Dungeon itself was kinda boring, imo. 3rd one was more interesting. But the boss fight was better.

NeonBlack

I swear, everytime I see something like this:

C9AVgWXXUAMNmKm.jpg:small

Im like:

''AAAH NO!, F**K YOU MORGANA, YOU JUST A CAT, CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!''

EDIT: OMG lets hugh and cry together

Earlier today:

Me: "Morgana, It's been three years since I've had free time.This tape is now 4 days past due because I'm incapable of making rational decision between my destinations. I'm walking down these stairs and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

*Heads for stairs*

Morgana: "You need to let your body rest...."

John-Oliver-Fuck-You.gif

RalchAC

So, I'm on the third dungeon, mostly
waiting until the journalist answers or something and I have to say the cast was dumb as fuck. They've been boasting about bow they're the phantom thieves in public places for weeks. Something like this was bound to happen.

I have to say, having the Class President following you while acting as if she was reading a book was quite amazing lol

The game has really stepped up production values compared to previous entries.

Opa-Pa

Yooo! You get to fight the guy from
Day breakers
in Mementos!

I love how when they ask you how to confront him, they give you the option to
bait him into Leblanc, and if you select it everyone comments of how risky and stupid of a plan that is
haha.

nOoblet16

So, I'm on the third dungeon, mostly
waiting until the journalist answers or something and I have to say the cast was dumb as fuck. They've been boasting about bow they're the phantom thieves in public places for weeks. Something like this was bound to happen.

I have to say, having the Class President following you while acting as if she was reading a book was quite amazing lol

The game has really stepped up production values compared to previous entries.
About your spoiler
I never really saw her follow me around as in move around. I did see her in various places but she just stood at once spot...Is that all she does or does she also move around following you?

ramyeon

About your spoiler
I never really saw her follow me around as in move around. I did see her in various places but she just stood at once spot...Is that all she does or does she also move around following you?
I've had her following me around since early July. She does follow you and even speeds up or slows down depending on your walking speed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The thing about Ryuji is that he always has his emotions dialed up to 11, so you get him whining about things way more than everyone else. On the flip side, he's very quick to turn around and the first to express enthusiasm for things. He makes dumb decisions a lot but will always be the first to take your side. He's a double-edged sword.

Which, incidentally, has made me realize... this game is lacking a two handed sword wielder.

Domstercool

The thing about Ryuji is that he always has his emotions dialed up to 11, so you get him whining about things way more than everyone else. On the flip side, he's very quick to turn around and the first to express enthusiasm for things. He makes dumb decisions a lot but will always be the first to take your side. He's a double-edged sword.

Which, incidentally, has made me realize... this game is lacking a two handed sword wielder.

Probably because another character has the two handed heavy weapon slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom