• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love how when they ask you how to confront him, they give you the option to
bait him into Leblanc, and if you select it everyone comments of how risky and stupid of a plan that is
haha.
Hah yeah that was great, too.

I'm so broke in this game thanks to
the temperance social link
. Like I literally have like 500 yen left. I haven't done a single momentos yet so that may be why.

ramyeon

I'm so broke in this game thanks to
the temperance social link
. I haven't done a single momentos yet so that may be why.
Yep. There is loads of cash to be had in Mementos. I spent an hour in there yesterday and raised about 700,000 yen. Pretty much did it for what you mentioned.

The thing about Ryuji is that he always has his emotions dialed up to 11, so you get him whining about things way more than everyone else. On the flip side, he's very quick to turn around and the first to express enthusiasm for things. He makes dumb decisions a lot but will always be the first to take your side. He's a double-edged sword.

Which, incidentally, has made me realize... this game is lacking a two handed sword wielder.

Most Chariot type chars in the persona series are like that. Ryuji, Chie, Aigis are generally one track minds going one way. Persona is pretty consistent in that char attributes when main chars are based on various arcana. There are similarities between chars who share the same arcana.

LiK

Yep. There is loads of cash to be had in Mementos. I spent an hour in there yesterday and raised about 700,000 yen. Pretty much did it for what you mentioned.

Yea, with certain perks from Confidants, making money in this game is easy. I made 100k without even grinding. Just did a Hold Up all most enemies while simply going through a dungeon.

I've been focusing mainly on increasing my social stats. I'm lvl 3 in all 5 and
it's not even july yet
. I guess I need to find an opening where somehow there is literally nothing to do but...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So... when DOES this game give you more free time? I'm still on dungeon 2 but some of these posts aren't instilling much confidence.
If you do the dungeon within one or two nights you basically get like 20+ free days and nights in a row. The story segments that take up multiple days are all interspersed with letting you save in your bedroom, but not allowed to do anything else, which makes it seem like you're constantly being told you can't do anything.

Most Chariot type chars in the persona series are like that. Ryuji, Chie, Aigis are generally one track minds going one way. Persona is pretty consistent in that char attributes when main chars are based on various arcana. There are similarities between chars who share the same arcana.
Yeah, I love that. My favorite part of that is when they switch up the arcana and archetypes between games (Ryuji is clearly the Junpei/Yosuke of this game, but he's also very different from them with his Chariot characteristics). I might be reading into it a bit too deeply, but it's been apparent throughout all three recent Persona games to me too.

Chase17

I really need a 5 in charm to continue the
Makoto
social link?

*shakes hand*

Hopefully Yusuke will show up during the day more lol. Not much else for daytime social links right now.

Vice

Can I save scum RNG in this? The lottery or getting guts with knowledge while studying in the library for example
For the library, the book determines the additional state. The Captain Kidd one is guts. If you mean additional points, you'll get more on rainy days. The diner however, is probably a better bet. I believe you get 2-3 points of knowledge and guts or kindness depending on what you order.

this is a story question that would spoil the first few minutes of the game at most but i'm a few hours in and have a specific follow-up

does the story ever catch up to flash fowards and then continue or is it just the end of the game it's showing?

Chaos17

About Ryugi wait until you hit
summer vacation and field Tripp he is obsess like Mishima with fame. He shows his frustration 5hat he dislike not being able to pick up girls because he has to keep his identity secret. Morgana will be mad him because of that And Ryugi will of course argue with him. I hope he will change because it has been 6 months I try not to hate him

Domstercool

Well just hit over 102 hours on 12/15. Time to save here and get some sleep! Back to work tomorrow. :(

This week has been a brilliant rollercoaster of playing Persona 5. Truly is a fantastic game. Wonder if I'll finish it tomorrow night. :O

JMY86

FFS, I cannot get the Victory theme out of my head for some reason. I find myself humming it during Inopportune times. I sense I may have a problem brewing...

mike6467

Is there any rhyme or reason to the availability of your confidants? It's Saturday evening and all three who I could work on are just saying they're busy (Temperance, Sun, Moon). There doesn't seem to be an event going, I'll go up some stats, but it seems odd.

Opa-Pa

About Ryugi wait until you hit
summer vacation and field Tripp he is obsess like Mishima with fame. He shows his frustration 5hat he dislike not being able to pick up girls because he has to keep his identity secret. Morgana will be mad him because of that And Ryugi will of course argue with him. I hope he will change because it has been 6 months I try not to hate him

Okay yeah that's bad, never mind then.

Geez why don't they get rid of the "beach episode" shit already, they've literally never been good in these games.

PixelatedBookake

I'm pretty far into the game and I still think Ryuji's great because his behavior is good for the group dynamic. The other characters can be too calm at times and Ryuji acting out and what not brings the other thieves together in shitting on him and gets funny reactions out of them. They still fuck with him despite this. because he's a good friend and a reliable teammate.

Darkman M

Yea, with certain perks from Confidants, making money in this game is easy. I made 100k without even grinding. Just did a Hold Up all most enemies while simply going through a dungeon.

Sure it's been mentioned, but confuse a Mementos Boss and just watch them throw 20k+ or item with no special money upgrades each turn.

You can't check online to see the answer everyone chose for the finals? That sucks. Now I have to restart and memorise the entire finals to get the best possible score.

Also it's exhausting putting all my time building up my knowledge. How many points I need to get from rank 4 to rank 5 in knowledge? My other characteristics are falling behind.

Kinsei

Banned
I just got the sixth party member. God damn at that awakening scene.

The third palace seems cool. There's some confidants I want to level before seriously exploring it though.

Soriku

You can't check online to see the answer everyone chose for the finals? That sucks. Now I have to restart and memorise the entire finals to get the best possible score.

Also it's exhausting putting all my time building up my knowledge. How many points I need to get from rank 4 to rank 5 in knowledge? My other characteristics are falling behind.

You should've studied brah

If you do the dungeon within one or two nights you basically get like 20+ free days and nights in a row. The story segments that take up multiple days are all interspersed with letting you save in your bedroom, but not allowed to do anything else, which makes it seem like you're constantly being told you can't do anything...

& it's this that i'm really tired of, at this point (middle of may). i don't recall the other 2 games doing this nearly as much as here...

edit: the kicker being that the p5 story isn't nearly as interesting as the others :) ...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
& it's this that i'm really tired of, at this point (middle of may). i don't recall the other 2 games doing this nearly as much as here...
Those little save breaks make it seem worse than it is. If it just fast forwarded between days with no chance to save, it would be a lot more streamlined. I guess they didn't want to stronghold players into being glued to the TV for the extremely long story segments in this game.

I'm pretty sure I can listen to Beneath the Mask on repeat for the rest of my life.
Same.

Kinsei

Banned
Those little save breaks make it seem worse than it is. If it just fast forwarded between days with no chance to save, it would be a lot more streamlined. I guess they didn't want to stronghold players into being glued to the TV for the extremely long story segments in this game.

Same.

I appreciate the save breaks. Outside of allowing you to save (which is great) they also let you get kindness from your plant and
make lockpicks after sending the claling card.

Neoweee

So, I finally gave up on Merciless.

When you die on Hard, you can just load back into the last Safe Room immediately upon death. In Merciless you have to go back to the title screen and reload from there.

Uh... why? Why in the unholy fuck is that not just an option on Merciless? What does Merciless actually gain back making you watch the Game Over sequence, title screen, load menu, and load screen, rather than just a snappy load back to the last checkpoint/savepoint? Of everything that is just ill-conceived about Merciless, that's probably the dumbest.

Those little save breaks make it seem worse than it is. If it just fast forwarded between days with no chance to save, it would be a lot more streamlined. I guess they didn't want to stronghold players into being glued to the TV for the extremely long story segments in this game...

but there's not even enough story going on to justify this! lots of repetitive conversation, but very little actual narrative...

Toki767

Who ever suggested confusing Mementos targets is a fucking genius. This is so broken.
It's not 100% guaranteed to get you money though. Sometimes they'll give a crappy item or just not do anything at all. It can be pretty time consuming too so I wouldn't really consider it broken.

ramyeon

It's not 100% guaranteed to get you money though. Sometimes they'll give a crappy item or just not do anything at all. It can be pretty time consuming too so I wouldn't really consider it broken.
It's pretty broken. Especially if you have a high luck Persona.

Broken in a good way though ;)

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
True, but you get it often and quickly enough in such huge quantities with virtually no danger and almost no limitations. Actually you can do it infinitely with the biggest SP regen accessory if my math is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom