• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've seen that this game can take 100+ hours to beat, but I'm curious.

I just got to
Futaba's Palace
and have ~34 hours logged. Do I really have 60+ hours left in the main story?

Vamphuntr

I've been watching the P4 endurance run and the writtin seems terrible compared to 5. The amount of times they fucking repeat back shit over and over again is ridiculous.

They do the very same thing in this one too. They talk about something then they repeat everything they said through the chat app on the phone even if it happened 5 minutes ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You're early in P5, right? Because it's way worse than 4 in that regard.

Ive played 6 hours of 5 and I've watched about he same of P4 endurance run, and 4 seems worse by a factor of about 100. I've had no issue with 5, and 4 is driving me nuts.

To each its own I guess.

ChrisD

Boss 2 was actually pretty easy for me. Not as easy as 1, but not the difficulty wall I was expecting.

Three All Enemy Melee attackers = easy clearing

Hylian7

My fiance (who knows almost nothing about SMT or Persona other than playing and enjoying Persona 4 Arena) is enjoying watching me play this game because she likes the storyline. The first dungeon with Kamoshida really hooked her into it.

Zolo

Is there any reason to watch a dvd over going to a part-time job that gives the same stats? It seems like going to the part-time job would give more stats anyway? I might be wrong.

Toki767

Is there any reason to watch a dvd over going to a part-time job that gives the same stats? It seems like going to the part-time job would give more stats anyway? I might be wrong.
People just want to live their lives the way they would in real life

Acrylic7

This loading every 5 seconds kinda makes me mad. The game isn't doing anything technically complicated in the background, I think. The graphics are very bare bones considering what the ps4 is capable of so why not just make the city and other levels one big thing? Or at least combine enough of these sections into larger sections This would make navigating far easier and cut down on the non stop loading.

I just watched a cut-scene and took 4 steps and then bam.... more loading. The loading is fast as hell but still it breaks immersion so much. I honestly dont think I've ever played a game that does this as at such a fast rate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This loading every 5 seconds kinda makes me mad. The game isn't doing anything technically complicated in the background, I think. The graphics are very bare bones considering what the ps4 is capable of so why not just make the city and other levels one big thing? Or at least combine enough of these sections into larger sections This would make navigating far easier and cut down on the non stop loading.

I just watched a cut-scene and took 4 steps and then bam.... more loading. The loading is fast as hell but still it breaks immersion so much. I honestly dont think I've ever played a game that does this as at such a fast rate.

its also a PS3 game

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm curious about this, in what way did they set it up?

For me I got a text from Ryuji,
Ann, and Makoto all asking to hang out. At that point I had Ryuji at 7, Ann at 9, and Makoto at 5. I had already chose to enter a relationship with Ann, so I chose her.

Say, did that night scene when
Ann asked you which type of girl do you like
changed since you are in a relationship with her?

What did she say?

As for the scenes, just little things such as the
Can I hold your hand scene during their first encounter with Futaba
or how
Joker grabbed her during the encounter with the Pyramid's boss.

Ahhh well perhaps I am just imagining things.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder if watching the date progress quickly right before it jumps back to the interrogation room would give you accurate preview of the weather.

My post dungeon 4 impressions (don't read unless you started dungeon 5. I haven't but I'm probably close) Plus a spoiler about when free time ends.

First off, he started ok, but good God Ryuji has quite possibly turned into the worst Persona character. (aonly played 3-5+Q) He's become so damn annoying.

As soon as I met Futaba I knew I would choose her as my romance...but I need 4, or what sounds like 5 kindness to start. I'm only at 3. It feels like theres no way I'll do her SlInk plus atleast a few others before running out've time. Flower shop come on!

Ann on SLink 9. Really enjoyed it!

Teacher on SLink 8. Will wait until after 5th dungeon to finish mementos mission.

Makoto on 5 and Tameki on 7. Need even more stats for these damnit. I heard free time only goes to 12/24. I don't have time for all this.

Got a few SLinks at 1 like Fortune Girl, Gun Owner but want to max others first.

I'm loving the main story but yeah, all the missing days just plain suck.

i feel like I'll SLink 3-4 max at this rate besides mandatory ones. -_-.

Well almost dungeon time. Like 4. i will do 5 on the same day to have all the free time!

Also I'd like to say playing this game after only seeing the first trailer is magical. I should just never watch a trailer again. Always spoils stuff. Of course I did get spoiled party members via box art but still. Going in so blind is amazing.

AngryMoth

Just lost an annoying amount of progress in the 3rd palace missed what one of been a kill and then got one shot by weakness + a one more on my MC -_-

Also I'd like to say playing this game after only seeing the first trailer is magical. I should just never watch a trailer again. Always spoils stuff. Of course I did get spoiled party members via box art but still. Going in so blind is amazing.
I didn't read any of your impressions but I also agree with this. I basically went into this blind. I didn't even really pay any attention to the box art either. This game has an awesome premise for the story and I like the characters.

Rixxan

Alright so I'm close to 30 hours in and getting ready to start the third palace. These last two weeks (game time) after the second palace have really established this as something special. (First persona game)

Some of the character building and excess exposition early on felt tedious - but all the interwoven relationships are starting to come together, combined with some mature themes hidden into a more and more interesting story

Really awesome stuff

20cent

Banned
I've been watching the P4 endurance run and the writtin seems terrible compared to 5. The amount of times they fucking repeat back shit over and over again is ridiculous.

Watching a stream/replay of someone playing a game (especially a 50-100 hours long rpg) is not fun (like any other game anyway IMO), the repeating things are fine when you play the game. Not everyone can play 22 hours a day continuously or even every day. This is a good way to get back to the story when you don't touch the game for a long period and not just get stuck in endless grinding sessions without the "fun" of gathering with your virtual friends. And the game is old now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
My post dungeon 4 impressions (don't read unless you started dungeon 5. I haven't but I'm probably close) Plus a spoiler about when free time ends.

First off, he started ok, but good God Ryuji has quite possibly turned into the worst Persona character. (aonly played 3-5+Q) He's become so damn annoying.

As soon as I met Futaba I knew I would choose her as my romance...but I need 4, or what sounds like 5 kindness to start. I'm only at 3. It feels like theres no way I'll do her SlInk plus atleast a few others before running out've time. Flower shop come on!

Ann on SLink 9. Really enjoyed it!

Teacher on SLink 8. Will wait until after 5th dungeon to finish mementos mission.

Makoto on 5 and Tameki on 7. Need even more stats for these damnit. I heard free time only goes to 12/24. I don't have time for all this.

Got a few SLinks at 1 like Fortune Girl, Gun Owner but want to max others first.

I'm loving the main story but yeah, all the missing days just plain suck.

i feel like I'll SLink 3-4 max at this rate besides mandatory ones. -_-.

Well almost dungeon time. Like 4. i will do 5 on the same day to have all the free time!

I only watched the first trailer, too. Seeing Makoto's persona was like 'ooohhhh'

And I only saw footage from the first dungeon so everything afterwards is completely new for me. Staying in the dark for so long was hard, but soooo worth it.

Damn. This game is taking over my life. Took a 3 days vacation from work so I can play from wed - sunday. I just finished dungeon 3.

Matador and that Physical attack blocking persona is a god send.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm in the 4th dungeon now.

Overall this game is still pretty good. The overall mechanics are improved from P4 but for some reason, I still prefer the cast of P4, but the cast of P5 is a close second. I really like Ryuji and Makoto.

Opa-Pa

I'm so sick of the Velvet Room music. Would it really kill them to remix it for something that isn't a spin-off every now and then? Meguro please.

Zyrox

General confidant stuff, I'm at 6/30 for reference:
Do I really have to cough up 100k to start the Fortune teller confidant? Holy fuck. And here I thought Kawakami was expensive.

duckroll

Persona 5 was well worth waiting a decade for. Unlike some other big name JRPG which got delayed for a century.... *cough*

Based Atlus.

I feel so torn about this game.

So many aspects of it are way better than P3/P4

Problem is I don't give a FUCK about ANY of the characters which is basically why P3/P4 are two of my favorite games ever.

I'm only 3 dungeons in though.

Anyone know where Yusuke hangs out?

I've seen him in Shibuya, I think the underground walkway. Don't know how to start his confidant though, I can talk to him but it doesn't trigger anything.

Edit: I really need to remember to refresh before I answer something... Anyway, if anyone has a tip on what I should do to start it, that would be great.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm still in the first palace but I was wondering... Is there any AOE damage spells in the game? Haven't seen any so far.

Would be nice to quickly clear the trash fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom