• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it because money is not needed? Because I'm at third dungeon and money demands usually reach to 7k. So if I arleady have the persona, I just demand money. We still get the exp anyway.

I demanded money everychance I got in 3rd dungeon and my money jumped from 30k to 250k after finishing dungeon. not sure if its a lot though

EDIT: this was supposed to be an edit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While it is likely not actually the case, I can't get the idea that the prosecutor lady was told she only had a few minutes, but has been listening to me talk about my day to day life for the last 30 hours. "On Monday, I sat down on the train and read half a book about Zorro. Then I went to class, and answered a question about the economy. That raised my knowledge. After school, I took a clinical trial from a sketchy doctor. That evening, I fertilized my plant, raising my kindness, and went to work a beef bowl shop, earning me money and getting me proficiency. Then, on Tuesday..."

ramyeon

Is it because money is not needed? Because I'm at third dungeon and money demands usually reach to 7k. So if I arleady have the persona, I just demand money. We still get the exp anyway.
You don't get the XP from any enemies you haven't taken out first. Best to demand money and then kill providing you have ranked up the confidant required to do so.

SleepehSheep

Neo Member
MLQYCDO.jpg

My wife made these out of polymer clay while I was playing today!

ramyeon

The idea of a 100 hour game is kind of intimidating to me. How easy is it to break this game up into chunks? I'd need to take a couple of breaks and play other games. No way I can just play this.
You say that now, but once you get hooked you won't want to do anything else :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There's a couple Confidants that go up each time and you wouldn't need a corresponding persona - Sun, Moon and Strength I believe. I could be wrong though.

Well for Strength you can technically do it in one go in one day, NG+ only tho.

I haven't played a Persona game since Persona 4! Atlus has been too busy releasing real SMT games! :p

(Okay, so the last time I played Persona 4 was on the Vita like just a year ago, but I only got like 15 hours in before getting sidetracked AGAIN....)

Go back playing that once you're done with this!

The main method of money collecting is through Mementos.

Oh, I'm curious, what's the trick?

Some bosses in the Mementos are susceptible to Confusion. So just cast it on them and see them throw money upon money upon money to you on their turns. You can do this pretty much as long as you want.

mike6467

My wife made these out of polymer clay while I was playing today!

That's awesome!

And yeah, I can't remember a point in time where I've been this addicted to a game. I usually can't play any game more then an hour or two before needing a break. I'm waiting for my company to get another project, so I've had a ton of spare time. I think I've put in at least 3 five hour sessions and 1 nine hour one alongside smaller chunks. :O

Yeah, I actually never run out of money, as I've cleared memento and the quests up until the end of every arc. Though right now I need that 100k to access certain confidant. I guess I'll start demanding money again from now on.

Regarding the exp, it's actually not working like that. Say, if there are 3 shadows and you down them all without killing any of them then demand money, you won't get exp at all (or maybe just a little). That's why when I encounter at least 3 shadows I never hesitate to just finish them off. I do try to kill them but one so I can demand, but it's rarely successful.

mike6467

Something other people may not know...Apparently you can use the TV in the cafe for the
home shopping stuff
. Just came back from a dungeon and figured I'd be locked out of it because you can't go to your room without sleeping.

Frimaire

what am i supposed to do with (very minor spoilers)
the treasure demon i captured?

It can be used for fusion.
Later you unlock the ability to use
The Gallows to sacrifice one persona to strengthen another. Treasure demons give a much higher boost than normal as a sacrifice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
what am i supposed to do with (very minor spoilers)
the treasure demon i captured?

They're good source of skill transfer since you can resummon them from the Compendium. They're also necessary if you wish to complete the Compendium.

Something other people may not know...Apparently you can use the TV in the cafe for the
home shopping stuff
. Just came back from a dungeon and figured I'd be locked out of it because you can't go to your room without sleeping.

Or, there are times when watching TV can actually raise your Knowledge.

StoneFox

Didn't realize that the movies at the theater would have actual dialogue.

"When people say that they like cake or pie, they show their true colors... You're a sociopath that bakes for MONEY!"

Rofl

GReeeeN

Correct.

Confidants give you bonus exp when fusing personas (which in turn nets them more skills) and gives you various skills that help in and out of battle. Social stats help you do things outside of dungeons.

so does this boost also apply to the Social Stats points? (if I hang out to study with Ryuji and have his type of persona in my inv, i will also get bonus knowledge stats?)

Joeku

How much should I worry about guns? With how much weapons and armor cost, I've been upgrading those but usually run out of cash for guns. Two dungeons in and I've only been using guns for hitting enemies that are week to them in order to set up a group attack. Should I really even bother upgrading that much?

Yeah I don't get this much either, having finished the second dungeon. They seem to only be useful on enemies I'd want to weaken en masse and then do an All-Out Attack, so actually putting almost as much money into them over actual weapons or armour seems next to meaningless. Am I missing a good reason to upgrade them? Are later enemies in the game weak to gunfire and nothing else?

I'm in the middle of August and have all my stats to 4 except for Kindness which is at 3. Good progress?

Just finished Ryuji's confidant as well and well
Punk Monkey King is baller but I already miss Kidd lol

Devil arcana rank 4 spoiler
So... Ohya tells her boss that she's dating a high-schooler. That's the best lie she could come up with? And he's fine with it?
Mmmh, okay. Some of this game's story choices are... unusual.

Thud

Devil arcana rank 4 spoiler
So... Ohya tells her boss that she's dating a high-schooler. That's the best lie she could come up with? And he's fine with it?
Mmmh, okay. Some of this game's story choices are... unusual.

The devil arcana has one of the sexiest demons after all.

vaporeon

Once you've chosen a part-time job, can you switch to another one after?
Is having a job even worth it? Money isn't exactly a problem for me, and I feel like I could go spend my time doing other things...

Toki767

Once you've chosen a part-time job, can you switch to another one after?
Is having a job even worth it? Money isn't exactly a problem for me, and I feel like I could go spend my time doing other things...
You can take all of the part time jobs and do them any time you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom