• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

So, I finally gave up on Merciless.

When you die, you can just reload into the last Safe Room, rather than having to go back to the title screen and the load screen?

Uh... why? Why in the unholy fuck is that not just an option on Merciless? What does Merciless actually gain back making you watch the Game Over sequence, title screen, load menu, and load screen, rather than just a snappy load back to the last checkpoint/savepoint? Of everything that is just ill-conceived about Merciless, that's probably the dumbest.

Uh what. Usually going back to the safe room is the same as loading a save because you can only save in safe rooms (and entrance) and the game checkpoints you when you enter a safe room. So unless you did things you want to undo, loading into the safe room is the same as reloading a save.

kromeo

I'm pretty sure I can listen to Beneath the Mask on repeat for the rest of my life.

I like that one a lot but i wish there were a few more tunes like the normal battle theme, thats the only one I've heard so far that really sounds Persona..

there might be, I'm only 6 hours in

Opa-Pa

Uh what. Usually going back to the safe room is the same as loading a save because you can only save in safe rooms (and entrance) and the game checkpoints you when you enter a safe room. So unless you did things you want to undo, loading into the safe room is the same as reloading a save.

I think they mean that it makes no sense to remove the option in merciless because you're not making it any more challenging to the player, just making them waste time reloading a save.

Eh, merciless looked like a less fun hard from the get go to me, I wouldn't bother.

Man, playing this game has only reinforced how lacking SMT IV was for me. I'm only 17 hours in, but it already took a big dump all over that game.

FelipeMGM

Earlier today:

Me: "Morgana, It's been three years since I've had free time.This tape is now 4 days past due because I'm incapable of making rational decision between my destinations. I'm walking down these stairs and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

*Heads for stairs*

Morgana: "You need to let your body rest...."

John-Oliver-Fuck-You.gif

I feel you so much, this cat gets on my nerves sometimes

No wonder Im more of a dog person

Totakeke

I think they mean that it makes no sense to remove the option in merciless because you're not making it any more challenging to the player, just making them waste time reloading a save.

Eh, merciless looked like a less fun hard from the get go to me, I wouldn't bother.

You mean you can't load into the save room in merciless and the only option is to go back to the title screen? The post is confusing nonetheless.

Garland7G

Japanese students really consider 3 days off a long break? Holy shit.

I'm just hoping they don't have go to school all week like they do in the game, but I have a feeling they do :/ Also, I can't wait for the P4 audio and costume dlc to drop. I loved combat in that game just because of the song lol.

Opa-Pa

You mean you can't load into the save room in merciless and the only option is to go back to the title screen? The post is confusing nonetheless.

Haven't tried it myself but yeah basically. Instead of letting you go back to the safe room right after the game over screen, it simply goes back to the title one.

Sounds really pointless to me. Megaten games don't really seem to do Expert-esque difficulty settings well.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm just hoping they don't have go to school all week like they do in the game, but I have a feeling they do :/ Also, I can't wait for the P4 audio and costume dlc to drop. I loved combat in that game just because of the song lol.

I'm pretty sure it's like that in Japan, school Mon-Sat.

Neoweee

You can do it from the Game Over menu in anything that isn't Merciless, though. In Merciless, you have to go back to the title screen and reload.

It's the same thing, functionally. It is just longer to waste the player's time, because Merciless.

Arthos

I had no idea that being put asleep would restore HP and SP ever turn you're asleep. Took advantage of the High Pixies in the 3rd palace to get back to full SP.

Second palace boss is ridiculous. I didn't have enough revival medicine to continue. I have no choice but to leave and come back the next day. I wish there was a way to know when an enemy turn was coming up. It just seems random when I get attacked.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
How come my knowledge doesn't go up every time the game adds a point? Can you only collect points at certain times?

There are certain 'plateaus' you need to reach to count for the actual skill leveling up.

Although each individual point 'shows' the associated bar moving, it's just for show.

Sidenote: I get that Morgana locking you off from nighttime activities is to prevent you from power-gaming the system too much, but at least through the 2nd dungeon, it happens far too frequently.

You should at least be able to do non-significant stuff like returning a DVD or whatever.

Toki767

I had no idea that being put asleep would restore HP and SP ever turn you're asleep. Took advantage of the High Pixies in the 3rd palace to get back to full SP.
This is what I did to do the 3rd Palace in one go. Hunted down High Pixies and waited for them to put my characters to sleep lol.

StoneFox

Are the locked chests random? Or worth it in the long run? I tend to forget to make lockpicks and I'm just about done with the first dungeon and only unlocked two, and they seemed to hold items I can get through other means eventually.

I don't mind making lockpicks, but I find coffee and studying more worth my time :p

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Second palace boss is ridiculous. I didn't have enough revival medicine to continue. I have no choice but to leave and come back the next day. I wish there was a way to know when an enemy turn was coming up. It just seems random when I get attacked.

So far, if you can make it to a boss, then you can beat the boss. It's just a matter of luck (good criticals) and poor enemy AI. But pretty sure you can do it.

ramyeon

You can see who will have the next turn.

Hey, as somebody who knows absolute jack shit about Persona (or Megami Tensei) games, how friendly is this one to newcomers? Is it feasible to be able to jump in and enjoy the game taken alone or is it essentially required to be familiar with the series? I always wanted to get into these games but was too intimidated by all the games and where to start.

Totakeke

Hey, as somebody who knows absolute jack shit about Persona (or Megami Tensei) games, how friendly is this one to newcomers? Is it feasible to be able to jump in and enjoy the game taken alone or is it essentially required to be familiar with the series? I always wanted to get into these games but was too intimidated by all the games and where to start.

Just jump right in, it's pretty much standalone.

First Persona game for me. No issues here just jumping right in.

Chaos17

You can start with any but yes you can jump in with this one. There is literally 25h of tutorials/hanholding

Zolo

Can you do multiple memento requests at the same time? Wondering if I should do the one I have now or wait for more.

Toki767

Like Final Fantasy games, there is no relation to the other games.

And this game is the most streamlined game in terms of user friendly mechanics. So you can definitely just jump in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been watching the P4 endurance run and the writtin seems terrible compared to 5. The amount of times they fucking repeat back shit over and over again is ridiculous.

Opa-Pa

I just realized that the game lets you use non-active members to heal you if you do it manually... I've been struggling with SP in the third dungeon precisely because I have a healer persona and auto-heal defaults to that one, jesus christ.

Toki767

I've been watching the P4 endurance run and the writtin seems terrible compared to 5. The amount of times they fucking repeat back shit over and over again is ridiculous.
Not sure if they redid the translation for Persona 4 Golden but I thought the writing was fairly decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom