• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Make an investment in Takemi (death) and buy the SP regen accessory from her, the 50k one. You'll need at least 200k for your main party members but the advantage they gave you in dungeon diving is incredible., allowing you to basically go in Mementos for practically forever if you want and clear out Palaces in one go.
What rank do those unlock?

Edit: just found out. Rank 5. I'm only 1 rank away.

That simply means that you need another hanging out with him/her before you're leveling up their Confidant, so yea, hang-out with them if you want to level them up (and make use of all the hanging out spots + all the gifts you can buy!) *However* sometimes there are events that will give you points you anyways + other benefits, such as watching movies with them, but they're reserved primarily for your main party members most of the time.

Which is why raising Fortune is a great time investment as you can instantly gain Confidant points without actually spending time hanging out with them. She's expensive, though.

That's what's been bugging me, and now it's pretty clear, thanks!

It's just seem weird that I never have to do anything to proceed with Death's rank so far. There was a time when I had Death at rank 7 while everyone else are still at rank 3-4. She just called me every now and then. I needed certain points of guts though, but it's still easy. I guess it varies depending on the confidant.

OmegaDL50

It seems you had far more free time in Persona 4.

I'm getting annoyed going somewhere in the Morning only to have it fast forward to Night time and being forced to do nothing but go to bed.

I rented a DVD on May 9th, two days before Mid-terms which the DVD was supposed to be returned by the 17th, As result of the events of the story I was basically locked into events for 12 full days and as result I didn't get to watch the DVD, and now even have late fees because I couldn't get get the opportunity to go to the rental store to return it in time.

I hope the game allows more opportunities in how to spend the Morning, Afternoons, and Evenings soon.

Even being locked into a set path with no flexibility for almost half an entire month is a bit much.

Kinsei

Banned

It's just seem weird that I never have to do anything to proceed with Death's rank so far. There was a time when I had Death at level 7 while everyone else are still at rank 3-4. I guess it varies depending on the confidant.

Yep. Some like death are guaranteed rank ups.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How many points does she actually make you gain? Used her once but since there's no indication of how useful it actually is I just ignored it.

Sometimes it's enough to skip the necessity of hanging out with Confidants, which is nice.

Noted thanks but I'm not there yet (still in the first palace)

Speaking of which... Missing an ambush can REALLY fuck you up... Especially with those
Brutal Cavalryman
... No real weakness (that I can find) and they hit like a truck.

IIRC he's weak to Bufu.

It's just seem weird that I never have to do anything to proceed with Death's rank so far. There was a time when I had Death at rank 7 while everyone else are still at rank 3-4. She just called me every now and then. I needed certain points of guts though, but it's still easy. I guess it varies depending on the confidant.

Yeah just like in previous games, there are various people with guaranteed rank up every time you spent time with them, like Sun.

Yep. Some like death are guaranteed rank ups.

I could have sworn I once need to hanging out with her to gain the necessary points... but I suppose that's just my mind playing tricks on me...?

Chaos17

im so sad that i beat the game. now i literally have no game to look forward to. for the past year or so i was in hype mode, now thats its over, i seriously dont know what to play.

im sorta kinda looking forward to kh3, but thats nowhere near close to release.
Try Tokyo session mirage on cemu, better battle system, just drink a bear to get in the "happy" mood lol
But gameplay worth it, it's a Persona like game

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
"Can't you say something witty back at her?"
Dialogue choice: Something witty

This fucking game lmao
Yeah, there was a dialogue choice with one of the confidants that was clearly the right choice and then... there was "beep boop". There was a 0% chance I was picking anything else,

It seems you had far more free time in Persona 4.

I'm getting annoyed going somewhere in the Morning only to have it fast forward to Night time and being forced to do nothing but go to bed.

I rented a DVD on May 9th, two days before Mid-terms which the DVD was supposed to be returned by the 17th, As result of the events of the story I was basically locked into events for 12 full days and as result I didn't get to watch the DVD, and now even have late fees because I couldn't get get the opportunity to go to the rental store to return it in time.

I hope the game allows more opportunities in how to spend the Morning, Afternoons, and Evenings soon.

Even being locked into a set path with no flexibility for almost half an entire month is a bit much.

It also sucks when you can't craft lockpicks cause you have to go to bed...

Thud

Yeah, there was a dialogue choice with one of the confidants that was clearly the right choice and then... there was "beep boop". There was a 0% chance I was picking anything else,

Yep.

I like messing with the characters. Mishima, Ryuji and Morgana are easy targets lol.

Yeah just like in previous games, there are various people with guaranteed rank up every time you spent time with them, like Sun.

I see. I didn't really give that much thought on social links in the previous games. I played them practically blindly. I guess I'll have to revisit them sometime later after I'm done with P5.

Reszo

I like how your crew are always trying to guilt trip you if you dont go to the palace even though you have like 2+ weeks left lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Are there any activity "traps" I should avoid? Stuff that's really really suboptimal?

The only one that I can think of is the Convenience Store part-time job, since it will give you nothing but money, and for only little amount at that.

However you need to do it at least 3 times to unlock a Memento mission, so if you're chasing the Trophy for that you have to do it.

So do I have to open all chests before sending out the calling card, or can I freely explore the dungeon one last time right after I send the card?

StoneFox

Guys I have to return the game, I can't name my group Funky Students after the best character from P4.

That character limit is rough...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The perks of the star arcana...game changer

Yeah... some of them are much more useful than others.

So do I have to open all chests before sending out the calling card, or can I freely explore the dungeon one last time right after I send the card?

You can explore them, which is why Morgana allowed you craft Infiltration tools right before you fight the boss of a Palace.

I assume I should retreat at some point and not force a Palace in one go? I'm on my first palace, and just hit 3rd floor/3rd safe zone on first trip. Haven't touched my SP too much either, but I'm guessing my equipment not being great will stop me from possibly being able to do boss.

Opa-Pa

... Is the third dungeon boss really as lame and boring to fight as it looks like? I lost after
it used its "VIP form"
lol, he got a one more with missiles

Dark_castle

I assume I should retreat at some point and not force a Palace in one go? I'm on my first palace, and just hit 3rd floor/3rd safe zone on first trip. Haven't touched my SP too much either, but I'm guessing my equipment not being great will stop me from possibly being able to do boss.

The rule of thumb with infiltrating palace is that you go as far as your resources allow, usually your SP.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Unlike in previous games you need at least 3 days to clear out Palaces, so even if you want to you can't blitz through and fight the boss in a single day, and sometimes there are gimmicks that will force you to get out from the Palace anyways before you are allowed to proceed.

As for equipment, prioritize armor above all else, and then after that go with melee weapons. Don't bother buying guns, at least not early or even mid-way.

... Is the third dungeon boss really as lame and boring to fight as it looks like? I lost after
it used its "VIP form"
lol, he got a one more with missiles

After the difficult 2nd dungeon boss I am actually very surprised to find that the 3rd boss is really easy in comparison.

Just finished Palace 3. The Palace itself was way harder than 1 and 2 but the boss was easy. Managed to get through Palace 3 in one day with one SP Adhesive 3.

Using the Persona
Izanagi Picaro or whatever
made a lot of fights bearable and was probably the only reason I got through in one day. Having Nul Physical and Nul Electricity on one Persona made a lot of fights impossible to lose.

32 hours in, I have about 2 weeks left before the deadline.

Ulong

My social stats are 4/4/4/3/2, and I'm in early august. Generally speaking from others experience am I behind the curve here?

Looking at the Thieves Guild stats, why do so many people rush off to the first palace immediately? There's two weeks before the deadline and so much other stuff to do...

Chaos17

You can continue as long as you can and it's recommended to do palaces asap. Also, don't worry the story will force to take a break

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
My social stats are 4/4/4/3/2, and I'm in early august. Generally speaking from others experience am I behind the curve here?

Ehhhh, depends on what you're after tho.

Looking at the Thieves Guild stats, why do so many people rush off to the first palace immediately? There's two weeks before the deadline and so much other stuff to do...

If anything, it'll be worth it just to stop your party members' nagging at you on every single day, lol.

Wait, so if I just did a palace early, I'd get all that free time to myself afterwards?

Yeap, you didn't know?

It's like this in P4 too.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
After the difficult 2nd dungeon boss I am actually very surprised to find that the 3rd boss is really easy in comparison.

Wut? I had my party on AI for the 2nd boss, and they healed the sucker for most of the fight via elemental resistances.. And it was still very easy. 3rd was hard as nails.

Arkeband

Banned
I got two different answers earlier - so if I don't finish a dungeon by the deadline, it's game over, but what does that mean? Someone said it sets you back a week and resets any progress?

Early on in the game I was able to read books while on the subway. I recall Morgana saying that I should use my time on the subway to read. but now I don't seem to have that option anymore. I ride the subway and even though I have books, it doesn't give me the option to read them. Am I missing something, or is this option just not always available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom