• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So can you only do one activity a day in this one, or does Morgana stop telling you to go to bed later?

One in afternoons and one in evenings.

You can't do any activity post a Palace or Memento, with the exception if you upgrade Temper to max, and that benefit, among others, is the very reason you should make the effort to upgrade it as fast as possible.

FHIZ

Okay, I'm about mid-June now, and I'm going to need Ryuji to take it from here.

all the way down to here. Every new scene it's just "GAAAH I'M SO PISSED THAT I'M PISSED"

Once you've chosen a part-time job, can you switch to another one after?
Is having a job even worth it? Money isn't exactly a problem for me, and I feel like I could go spend my time doing other things...

I found the florist one to be the most useful to build up my kindness.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Ability? As in like, how she can raise your Stat exp for a day?

Just talk to her and ask her to read your fortune, once you've unlocked her Confidant. Cost 5000 yen but it will not pass time.

She will not be available during rain times. At first she is also only available at night but after a while she will be available in the afternoons too.

Hnnngg, dat P5 combat. I'm thoroughly charmed by the phone app, too, especially with it being interactive for the player. I found the P4 phone calls to be a bit of drag. I still don't love the 'magic eye' border in the dungeons, though, even though even the first dungeon is greatly improved from P3/P4.

Even as a dub junkie, I was still quite wary of P5's English dub from the trailers, but I've been really pleased with it so far. Ann has been a pleasant surprise, and Ryuji has had some genuinely funny line readings. The MC is great. I'm surprised how much I did end up liking Dub!Morgana, as Morgana was my biggest concern after the superb Japanese VA. I don't enjoy Morgana's voice in isolation so much, but seeing/hearing the voice in context to the character model/character animation splashes works quite well. Dub!Morgana feels like a different Morgana from the original Japanese version, but still has a good synergy with the way Morgana is animated and drawn.

I've been watching the P4 endurance run and the writtin seems terrible compared to 5. The amount of times they fucking repeat back shit over and over again is ridiculous.

That is actually something that's driving me quite batty with P5, too, especially towards the beginning of the game. There was one moment in particular where the MC, Morgana, and Ryuji have a nearly two minute conversation in which they're just rehashing the same topic back and forth without moving the scene onwards. Whilst is has gotten a little better, the same circular dialogue has still happened quite a few times since. As you said, it was also a problem with P4. In both games. I always choose dialogue options that keep pushing the scene forward. It's funny, I always thought the P4 protag didn't have enough opportunities to interject into conversations, so often there would be long conversations entirely without your input. P5 is a lot better with giving the protagonist more times to input in dialogue, but sometimes it feels like the player is just giving input for the sake of input, and the question is completely superfluous which in turn then drags out the pacing of the scene.

6c5728491696ac74f96bf5dbe01283cb.gif

GReeeeN

Does anyone know of a decent Confident guide out there that explains the basics, but dives into the details of how each confident works + a guide of how to rank up each confident?

So far from my understanding, the confident system works like this:

1) Hang out with a confident of your choosing

2) Depending on the person you hang out with, you will receive either A) a rank up for that confident which in return gives that confident an additional ability in battle B) a rank up for that individual to "deepen your relationship" and in return offer benefits such as purchasing additional items from them

3) On top of what was mentioned in point 2, the higher the rank you are with this Confident, the greater XP you will gain when fusing their type of persona with Igor, which in return will unlock better skills and abilities for that specific persona type when fused.

4) you will reach roadblocks with each confident based on your social stats. In order to progress with a confident of your choosing, you will need to rank up that specific social that that is required in the spare time you have after class.

Am I missing anything else?, are there any other benefits of ranking up specific confident I should be looking out for?

Ulong

I'm at the start of august and just finished the 4th palace. How much game is left? I've seen dates for events online, but I know the lategame likely skips time a bit. I guess I have 2 questions which I think can be answered without too many details beyond numbers. 1) how many real dungeons are left, and 2)how much time is left where you are actually free for social linking and other such things?

I'm really impressed by the Confidants in this game. I think they're better than the Social Links in 3/4 and having real, tangible rewards for them is awesome.

Does anyone know of a decent Confident guide out there that explains the basics, but dives into the details of how each confident works + a guide of how to rank up each confident?

2) Depending on the person you hang out with, you will receive either A) a rank up for that confident which in return gives that confident an additional ability in battle B a rank up for that individual to "deepen your relationship" and in return offer benefits such as purchasing additional items from them

3) On top of what was mentioned in point 2, the higher the rank you are with this Confident, the greater XP you will gain when fusing their type of persona with Igor, which in return will unlock better skills and abilities for that specific persona type when fused.

4) you will reach roadblocks with each confident based on your social stats. In order to progress with a confident of your choosing, you will need to rank up that specific social that that is required in the spare time you have after class.

Am I missing anything else?, are there any other benefits of ranking up specific confident I should be looking out for?
for those that don't auto advance, having a persona who has the same arcana will increase the rate of advancement

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

2) Depending on the person you hang out with, you will receive either A) a rank up for that confident which in return gives that confident an additional ability in battle B a rank up for that individual to "deepen your relationship" and in return offer benefits such as purchasing additional items from them

I think that's pretty much it. Raising the confidant of your party members will make them more useful in battles, while confidant of everyone else will give your playthrough various benefits, some much more useful than the other.

Raising confidants will also often be blocked by a Memento mission, so it may be wise to save your Mementos adventuring once you've acquired various missions from them so that you can do them all in one swoop.

Is the Fortune Arcana worth using a whole day to go into Mementos or should I wait to have more?

Very much so. She's expensive, but her utilities are amazing in that you can raise the Exp gain for a Social stat of your choosing and even gives you the ability to instantly accrue points for your Confidants, all without the necessity to wasting time.

2) Depending on the person you hang out with, you will receive either A) a rank up for that confident which in return gives that confident an additional ability in battle B) a rank up for that individual to "deepen your relationship" and in return offer benefits such as purchasing additional items from them

I use this guide especially for the best answers. I have it ready on my phone as I play the game.

Regarding number 4, I'm not so sure either. There are times when the MC thinks "I don't think my bond with her/him will rise anytime soon". Should I just ignore the confidant or hang out with him/her so I can reach the required parameter to reach the next rank?

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
im so sad that i beat the game. now i literally have no game to look forward to. for the past year or so i was in hype mode, now thats its over, i seriously dont know what to play.

im sorta kinda looking forward to kh3, but thats nowhere near close to release.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Regarding number 4, I'm not so sure either. There are times when the MC thinks "I don't think my bond with her/him will rise anytime soon". Should I just ignore the confidant or hang out with him/her so I can reach the required parameter to reach the next rank?

That simply means that you need another hanging out with him/her before you're leveling up their Confidant, so yea, hang-out with them if you want to level them up (and make use of all the hanging out spots + all the gifts you can buy!) *However* sometimes there are events that will give you points you anyways + other benefits, such as watching movies with them, but they're reserved primarily for your main party members most of the time.

Which is why raising Fortune is a great time investment as you can instantly gain Confidant points without actually spending time hanging out with them. She's expensive, though.

Totakeke

Even as a dub junkie, I was still quite wary of P5's English dub from the trailers, but I've been really pleased with it so far. Ann has been a pleasant surprise, and Ryuji has had some genuinely funny line readings. The MC is great. I'm surprised how much I did end up liking Dub!Morgana, as Morgana was my biggest concern after the superb Japanese VA. I don't enjoy Morgana's voice in isolation so much, but seeing/hearing the voice in context to the character model/character animation splashes works quite well. Dub!Morgana feels like a different Morgana from the original Japanese version, but still has a good synergy with the way Morgana is animated and drawn.

I played through the game with English dub without hearing the Japanese voices first. I went and watched a few comparison clips after finishing the game. Among the voices I've heard, Morgana and Sojiro sounds the most different and I'm definitely far more used (and prefer) their English voices. The other main party characters don't sound too different.

Salaadin

Just make sure you carry Psy, Kouga, and Frei skills.

Also if you have him use Shiki-Ouji. His Physical Null is *incredibly* helpful there.
Thanks.

Just by coincidence, I actually crafted a Shiki Ouji right before entering. Also have Psi and Frei across my current stock of Personas. No Kouga though.

I'll give this a shot tomorrow.

Totakeke

That simply means that you need another hanging out with him/her before you're leveling up their Confidant, so yea, hang-out with them if you want to level them up (and make use of all the hanging out spots + all the gifts you can buy!) *However* sometimes there are events that will give you points you anyways + other benefits, such as watching movies with them, but they're reserved primarily for your main party members most of the time.

Which is why raising Fortune is a great time investment as you can instantly gain Confidant points without actually spending time hanging out with them. She's expensive, though.

How many points does she actually make you gain? Used her once but since there's no indication of how useful it actually is I just ignored it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Right but then if you're trying to save SP (which let's be honest... that's kind of the whole point of the game) then you just do physical attacks to slowly kill them?

Make an investment in Takemi (death) and buy the SP regen accessory from her, the 50k one. You'll need at least 200k for your main party members but the advantage they gave you in dungeon diving is incredible., allowing you to basically go in Mementos for practically forever if you want and clear out Palaces in one go.

Megasoum

Banned
Make an investment in Takemi (death) and buy the SP regen accessory from her, the 50k one. You'll need at least 200k for your main party members but the advantage they gave you in dungeon diving is incredible., allowing you to basically go in Mementos for practically forever if you want and clear out Palaces in one go.

Noted thanks but I'm not there yet (still in the first palace)

Speaking of which... Missing an ambush can REALLY fuck you up... Especially with those
Brutal Cavalryman
... No real weakness (that I can find) and they hit like a truck.

Right but then if you're trying to save SP (which let's be honest... that's kind of the whole point of the game) then you just do physical attacks to slowly kill them?

Well there's also Phys/Gun skills which use HP instead and do good damage. I use them if I need to conserve some SP. Skills like Rampage and Swift Strike are very effective early on. You can start getting consumables and accessories to recover SP pretty early on as well, so it's pretty easy to keep your SP up. First dungeon is absolutely the hardest in that regard.

I only really use the basic normal attack if I'm fighting trash enemies for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom