• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

11/18+ spoilers
I really should not have started this sequence of events at 3am in the morning. I'm sorry work.

Ulong

Ehhhh, depends on what you're after tho.

Not expecting to max all the social links or anything but hoping to hit a good spread of them. I've already heard that a late game party member needs a 5 in
Prof
which I have at 2, so I think I might write them and that stat off.

Going into a story fight with only 1 person with SP (MC) was a massive gamble that paid off.

Having a persona with null attack literally saved me. Also helped it had a skill that one of the enemies was weak to.

Frimaire

Early on in the game I was able to read books while on the subway. I recall Morgana saying that I should use my time on the subway to read. but now I don't seem to have that option anymore. I ride the subway and even though I have books, it doesn't give me the option to read them. Am I missing something, or is this option just not always available?

You can only read books on the subway if you get a seat.
I'm not sure if it's random or based on the day, but you can't read when you're standing on the subway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wut? I had my party on AI for the 2nd boss, and they healed the sucker for most of the fight via elemental resistances.. And it was still very easy. 3rd was hard as nails.

Lol I experienced my first game-over against the 2nd boss. It was my mistake, I didn't carry any resuscitating items for it.

The 3rd boss tho, I practically breezed through it, he's so easy.

Early on in the game I was able to read books while on the subway. I recall Morgana saying that I should use my time on the subway to read. but now I don't seem to have that option anymore. I ride the subway and even though I have books, it doesn't give me the option to read them. Am I missing something, or is this option just not always available?

Only sometimes, not always available.

Not expecting to max all the social links or anything but hoping to hit a good spread of them. I've already heard that a late game party member needs a 5 in
Prof
which I have at 2, so I think I might write them and that stat off.

Makoto requires max Charm, Futaba requires max Kindness, and Haru I believe requires max Proficiency.

One of the best Confidants in the game, if not *flat out* the best due to its battle utility, Hifumi/Star, requires max Knowledge to complete.

danm999

You are not. It's just that your character can only manage to snag a seat on certain days because the Tokyo subway is so busy. The days are fixed but you don't know when they will be, so always have a book handy.

mike6467

I just spent like an hour and a half fusing stuff. Blew like 60k messing around and getting a couple really strong personas for the end of the 3rd dungeon. I didn't really care for fusion in P4, but maybe I didn't really invest myself in it, because time flew by and I was having a great time.

Palace 5.

I ran through Joker's SP faster than I ever have before.

I'm level 38. Can anyone suggest a mon that has Spirit Drain or something? This place is harder on me via SP than any other so far. No items, and I don't want to leave, but I'm already almost tapped.

Opa-Pa

What the hell Morgana. During the third dungeon boss fight
he suggests we use an expensive item as bait... I assumed it'd make him vulnerable or something, but no, I wasted a bead to avoid the incredibly easy to stop attack that I actually use as free turns normally... Thanks.

Edit: Oh never mind haha.

Edit 2:
Just a single free turn... That's still not worth it >_>

Palace 5.

I ran through Joker's SP faster than I ever have before.

I'm level 38. Can anyone suggest a mon that has Spirit Drain or something? This place is harder on me via SP than any other so far. No items, and I don't want to leave, but I'm already almost tapped.

do you not have death arcana? at a certain point she sells
SP regen accessory

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
Palace 3 spoilers

anyone else expecting the "pics leaked" to be something more than just makoto sitting there and the crew standing around in a club? i thought it'd be makoto nudes or something given kamoshida's stuff with ann

BIG IMPORTANT question! If I fail to get the Regent from a dungeon, is there another chance to get it later? I fucked up twice in the 4th dungeon and now I'm raiding all the breakables but it's not appearing again :(

Totakeke

BIG IMPORTANT question! If I fail to get the Regent from a dungeon, is there another chance to get it later? I fucked up twice in the 4th dungeon and now I'm raiding all the breakables but it's not appearing again :(

You can get it from the corresponding mementos section. But you might have better luck running through the dungeon again before fighting the boss as higher security levels increase their spawn rate iirc.

Kalentan

So question... I just completed Palace 5...

Am I near the end of the game now? Like is December the final month?

Would appreciate an answer. Cause depending on it I could be really disappointed.

Ambush attack is so important and getting ambushed might certainly give me a game over screen. Also, missing an important weakness attack might screw everything over and even a game over screen. The normal enemies, especially the red ones, and mini bosses are far more challenging than the actual bosses so far. I've just beaten the fourth boss, by the way.

Palace 3 spoilers

anyone else expecting the "pics leaked" to be something more than just makoto sitting there and the crew standing around in a club? i thought it'd be makoto nudes or something given kamoshida's stuff with ann

Umm not really.
Kaneshiro has explained it himself that a pic of students hanging around in an adult pub with booze and drugs would be more than enough to screw their future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im really looking forward to finally sink my teeth into this for real the next 2 days, ive basically played like 1 hour a day since getting it :/

massoluk

Banned
I got a few regents with Queen necklace from mementos. Not sure if Regent of S?one is the same

Im really looking forward to finally sink my teeth into this for real the next 2 days, ive basically played like 1 hour a day since getting it :/

I literally just sat on my sofa the whole weekend playing Persona 5. Maybe I totally spent like 30 hours in a couple days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I literally just sat on my sofa the whole weekend playing Persona 5. Maybe I totally spent like 30 hours in a couple days.

my weekend starts today.

as in my 2 days off work are mondays/tuesdays :3

I intend to veg out myself.

You can get it from the corresponding mementos section. But you might have better luck running through the dungeon again before fighting the boss as higher security levels increase their spawn rate iirc.

I got a few regents with Queen necklace from mementos. Not sure if Regent of S?one is the same

Okay because I'm about sick of the 4th palace already lol, if I can get them from the mementos then fine, but are there actually any breakables in the mementos? I sort of autopilot go through them but I don't recall that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Okay because I'm about sick of the 4th palace already lol, if I can get them from the mementos then fine, but are there actually any breakables in the mementos? I sort of autopilot go through them but I don't recall that.

Nah, the items are in the box that you basically just touch as you go (though there are treasure chests), and the Regents are floating around.

Apparently they have a higher chance to appear during rainy days too.

Totakeke

You just see them around in jewel form iirc. Not that common either based on my experience.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just wanted to pop in and say that after 25+ hours I am lovin the game. Just about every aspect about it is good.

Hard mode got easier when it came to the second dungeon. The strong red enemies can still mess you up but the minibosses and dungeon boss weren't bad at all.

raveking

Banned
latest

Hey guys I have a question...is there ever a point in the game where the Cafe becomes a hideout like in the screenshot? I remember seeing that in the original trailer, but I don't recall it being anywhere in the actual game itself. Please correct if I'm wrong, thanks!

latest

Hey guys I have a question...is there ever a point in the game where the Cafe becomes a hideout like in the screenshot? I remember seeing that in the original trailer, but I don't recall it being anywhere in the actual game itself. Please correct if I'm wrong, thanks!

Yes. Sort of.

McBryBry

So I'm at the second dungeon, starting to see a link here!

Story spoilers:
I think we're going full 7 Deadly Sins.
Madarame: Definitely Greed
Kamoshida: Pride? Lust?

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
latest

does that specific screenshot even happened in the game? the cafe
does become hideout but its well after you get more than just 3 members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom