• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willing to bet this has been posted, but I saw it on Twitter and had a good laugh out of it.

kw7yNBNkqwZaSNjd3GUpeDvq46DPpI7cnr-NSTkP4uDWzRKePQl1AktsziGF8FdS_PJn9mTtnXquXI6UKZQsR9q426PpAqFNrzwUqBF9cbHix6M31KcyWMKhWIwROTwDg1MJ6f_BtBvGLLBgkXE401iobw2pHqqpPaRMWR2_tx67aoD0ym_tKX7ygejbKMMSYSr6A4GdUJdtniwk_9RW8AutRVcfW_2klKbCpG0f1zS0nuafNlsrqmRRWdQevJKrOV78hzRdO6tR9CXwhPFCBbujvqpU9YlI6l4PGEpUXtHTs7KFnUlBtUQEQHTMqLLVyuW2tDTIJv32cdcp3BN1bY8_bobAkqqmk5xOZ1_d1kDaK28g4wXBkzR6kjRkIzTB7D4mbS6I9br_7JOccjIcKIyl6VhZvgaVCrKCVjYTX5G8rUGFZMwc8KrMHohMGsN9TlY4l3twD2wspHQ6KNjYORW3YdcduJzLRfZDEXg7soHjgr3gG-tlaVkUMbAMAeyKGJ1DGWv-u7z8vpjgjcBc0fqDt59J2k0yu_gqakaJca2Me_Ou9Xi9tFprbNAyxFsEOytlfwxC8DUxcLswJDytt4bIjfTOpx_5rPhmC6NxGxOG95146qK4=w633-h356-no

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Finished the 1st dungeon
and beat the 2nd Memento mini-boss. I like that the moved the random generated dungeons to that part

Is there any good way to gain Kindness fast? I feel I'm missing important days as I can't start/progress with that party member :(

Working in the Flower Shop in the Undeground mall is the most consistent one that you can do it continuously. which will give you 2 musical tones with possible 3 if you can do its "puzzles" correctly, which will show up from time to time.

Or Rent DVDs or watch movies in theaters, which will give you large gains but in limited quantities.

If you finish a dungeon "early" do you have the rest of that time to do whatever you want ? or does time skip ahead to the next major storyline ? Also, is it worth trying to nab every persona you encounter in a dungeon ? do some of them appear later on if you skip them ?

Yep, free time after you finish dungeons. That's why it's recommended to do them as early as possible.

PK Gaming

I do have a couple more questions that I'll leave in spoilers just in case -

If you finish a dungeon "early" do you have the rest of that time to do whatever you want ? or does time skip ahead to the next major storyline ? Also, is it worth trying to nab every persona you encounter in a dungeon ? do some of them appear later on if you skip them ?

You have the rest of the time to do as you please, yeah.

As for your 2nd question, nah not really. It's good to stock up on a ton of Personas for fusing (Always Be Fusing) but you don't need to collect em all.

They don't appear later on, but the option to obtain them via fusion is always there.

What difficulty are you guys playing on? It seems to me the challenged is more not to get wiped out during normal encounter than the boss fights. lol boss fights are too easy, just finished the 3rd dungeon

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Asked earlier and didn't get an answer. Is there a way outside "config" to auto-play conversations? In P4 it was the Square button, but it doesn't seem there is one here.

At *some point* you basically have to throw away all those 1st tier spells anyways, if you want to stay competitive against the increasing challenge, especially against bosses.

Play around with Baton passes and invest in Melee weapons to maximize the SP gain. Also, I haven't tried it, but if it works like in previous games, then Invigorate also stacks with the SP regen accessory, yeah? Meaning if you have invigorate 2 in your persona + you're equipping SP 3 accessory, your regen will be 5 + 7 = 12 per turn for your MC.

Hmm.. I guessed as much. Thanks.

I'm in late august and my social stats are

Knowledge: 4
Guts: 4
Charm: 3
Proficiency: 2
Kindness: 2

How fucked am I?

I'm in mid July and I have better stats than that (three 4s and two 3s).

Yeah, I think you might want to focus on them for now.

I'm only on 5/7 but I get the feeling Ann is gonna be a really great party member.

She's great. Her reduce attack spell is essential for every boss and sub-boss fights.

What difficulty are you guys playing on? It seems to me the challenged is more not to get wiped out during normal encounter than the boss fights. lol boss fights are too easy, just finished the 3rd dungeon

Indeed. I posted similar thing before as well. Normal encounters are more intimidating for me.

Am I REALLY screwing up or does the game REALLY hate giving up Kindness,guts etc?

I'm only at like 5/6 but the only thing thats really Moved is my Charm (which is at Head turner).

otherwise I'm in LOVE with this game. Might overtake P4G at this point.

AngryMoth

Just beat the 3rd palace. Way easier boss than the 2nd

This is my first persona game and I'm loving it but my major criticism so far is the long stretches at the start and in between palaces. Would have been a lot better if they gave you more free evenings during these times instead of getting forced into what can feel like an hour of buttoning through dialogue. Hoping it's not as bad this time...

Also question: I'm stuck at rank 1 for the strength confidant, can't find the persona I need. I'm guessing it was in an earlier palace, in which case am I kinda screwed for progressing this one?

danm999

Just beat the 3rd palace. Way easier boss than the 2nd

This is my first persona game and I'm loving it but my major criticism so far is the long stretches at the start and in between palaces. Would have been a lot better if they gave you more free evenings during these times instead of getting forced into what can feel like an hour of buttoning through dialogue. Hoping it's not as bad this time...

Also question: I'm stuck at rank 1 for the strength confidant, can't find the persona I need. I'm guessing it was in an earlier palace, in which case am I kinda screwed for progressing this one?

Use this

Basically you're not screwed.

Am I REALLY screwing up or does the game REALLY hate giving up Kindness,guts etc?

I'm only at like 5/6 but the only thing thats really Moved is my Charm (which is at Head turner).

otherwise I'm in LOVE with this game. Might overtake P4G at this point.

Florist for kindness, and burger challenge for guts. Also, try to study at the diner and order a cup of coffee to get a gut point when you're aiming for knowledge. Study in rainy days to maximize the effects.

What did you do for Proficiency and Kindness?

Make tools or go batting for proficiency. Make sure to read the books first.

As for kindness, florist part time job is the best.

Proficiency

- build thief tools
- read books
- work the beef bowl night job

Kindness
- giving nutrients to your plant
- working flower job
- eating the nostalgic beef
- books

But yeah charm and knowledge are the easiest to gain faster.

Makikou

Is it normal to only have like 2 stats on 2, everything else 1 after the first palace and starting to find out about the 2nd one? (Kindness and guts or charm, can't remember which)

First time playing but social stats just irk me out since they restrict so much apparently and the game is constantly interrupting my "planned" schedule.

Oh and it has not rained in like 20 days or something so no diner studying or baths lul

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Buy fertilizers for your plant for free kindness points (the best one is the 3000 yen you can purchase from the red-light district). Also, part-time jobs at Underground Mall's Rafflesia, 2 each with possible 3 if you can solve its "puzzles" that can show up from time to time.

Watch movies (more effective if you buy the movie book from Red-Light district), rent DVDs.

Basically the same for Proficiency, only different part-time jobs location, and change plants to making tools (which you can save-scum, btw, to get 3 notes instead of 2)

Is it normal to only have like 2 stats on 2, everything else 1 after the first palace and starting to find out about the 2nd one? (Kindness and guts or charm, can't remember which)

First time playing but social stats just irk me out since they restrict so much apparently and the game is constantly interrupting my "planned" schedule.

Oh and it has not rained in like 20 days or something so no diner studying or baths lul

You don't need rain to maximize baths in Mondays and Thursdays for maximum Charm gains there.

Hylian7

Morgana is the real MVP watching over the MC

Or a total dick.

*I want to make lockpicks*
"You should get some sleep."
*going into dungeon, seeing locked chest*
"Shoulda made some lockpicks!"

Fucking cat. It really hit me after I finished the first Palace, I never got the chance to make more lockpicks before going into the second dungeon.

YaBish

So I really thought I wasn't going to like Makoto after her introduction, but she really redeemed herself.

Now to hit the books hard to go after her later!

Hylian7 said:
Fucking cat. It really hit me after I finished the first Palace, I never got the chance to make more lockpicks before going into the second dungeon.
I always make my lockpicks the night before a boss fight. For some reason, it's one of the few things that Morgana lets you do then.

Edit: I should clarify, I make my lockpicks then for the NEXT palace.

HMD

Florist for kindness, and burger challenge for guts. Also, try to study at the diner and order a cup of coffee to get a gut point when you're aiming for knowledge. Study in rainy days to maximize the effects.

Make tools or go batting for proficiency. Make sure to read the books first.

As for kindness, florist part time job is the best.

Proficiency

- build thief tools
- read books
- work the beef bowl night job

Kindness
- giving nutrients to your plant
- working flower job
- eating the nostalgic beef
- books

But yeah charm and knowledge are the easiest to gain faster.

Thanks guys, are there any books that improve my social stat gain? Like the Cinema Buff book?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks guys, are there any books that improve my social stat gain? Like the Cinema Buff book?

The only way to improve your Social Stat gains for general activities (not specific ones like watching movies/giving plant fertilizers) is through Fortune confidant rank 1, I believe, for 5000 yen each time to improve the gains of your chosen social stat for that particular day only. Expensive (not to mention you need 100k and go through a Mementos mission to activate the Confidant in the first place), but worth it if you want to level up social stats as soon as possible.

I don't think there's such books. You need to read specific books for certain activities to maximize their stats gain.

For example:
- read batting book to get more proficiency from batting
- read florist book to get more kindness from taking care of flowers
- read movie book to get more stats from watching movies (different stats depending on the movie)
- etc.

How do you get the maid to make your coffee? I unlocked it, but I don't get how to make her do it.

The more important question is, what things that you can actually ask the maid to do?

cheez124

already in november and i've only maxed out like 5 links or so, lol....most of my other links are at rank 5-6, i wonder how many more i have time to max

Lusankya

It never feels like you ever have enough time and some just won't rank up.

You can max out all social links on the very first playthrough with quite some days to spare in the end. But without a guide or future knowledge (e.g. when and how to get "free" stat and relationship points) it's quite hard.

Yusuke is the worst.
7/18 spoilers
"You should be more aware of your womanhood."
Really? This game really wants me to like him but between that and
blackmailing Ann
, he's a complete asshole in my book.

Other than that, my post dungeon 3 time has been great, I've progressed so much with my confidants.

Kalentan

You can max out all social links on the very first playthrough with quite some days to spare in the end. But without a guide or future knowledge (e.g. when and how to get "free" stat and relationship points) it's quite hard.

I'm on
10/27
and unless somehow the game starts giving me a lot of freedom... I fear I will have less than half of them maxed even though I put so much time into them...

Kalentan

NG+ mannn, that's the whole point of NG+.

Yeah I know but it feels a lot harder than say Persona 4: Golden. In that, yeah, I didn't max out everyone, but I maxed out most people and got all my stats maxed and even got the true ending on the first run. Only using a guide for how to not get the 'bad' ending.

In this the game feels sometimes way too restrictive.

loki 16

I don't know if this counts as a spoiler.
Is the item that cost 100,000 yen from the fortune teller worth it?
(about an Item)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom