• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

Probable dumb question - you can save at a rest room, return to the castle entrance, get on with normal life and stock up on supplies and then carry on from the rest room you saved at yes?

Keep running out of supplies at the halfway point of the first dungeon!

Yes you can. Basically every new safe room that you reach can be counted as a "checkpoint". Just reach wherever you can, leave the Palace. When you return you can just press R1 and fast travel to the last safe room you left it at.

massoluk

Banned
I'm pretty sure Futaba might be the best Persona character ever.

Rank 5 Hermit spoilers?

Futaba: Ah, I've got it!
This overwhelmingly forgettable appearance, generic speech style, and total lack of sex appeal.
Nishima... Are you an NPC? (Yeah, she calls Mishima by the wrong name)
I'm kinda disappinted Futaba after the badassery that was Makoto because
we had some background support UFO after a Kamen Rider.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I didn't expect Futaba to be such a snarky character, to be honest. At first I thought she's going to be a demure, shy type of girl considering her background, but that girl sure can be snarky often, hahaha.

Mendrox

I didn't expect Futaba to be such a snarky character, to be honest. At first I thought she's going to be a demure, shy type of girl considering her background, but that girl sure can be snarky often, hahaha.

Futaba is amazing in that regard. Everyone is awesome. I honestly have trouble which confidants I should push cause everyone is so interesting.

Raxus

Loving the game so far but the idea of not maxing out my social links/stats is driving me nuts. Is there multiple approaches to do this or am I up the creek? It really stresses me out.

Also
Sojiro is a prick who is impossible to level up it seems.

Xeteh

Loving the game so far but the idea of not maxing out my social links/stats is driving me nuts. Is there multiple approaches to do this or am I up the creek? It really stresses me out.

Also

His hits a roadblock until some time in August... the 22nd I think.

Lusankya

Actually I totally expected her to be like that. I mean Haru seemed to be the shy one and you don't want to have two of those.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Also

So for those interested in seeing as many stories as possible during their first playthrough but don't want to be tied down by following a guide I thought it might be useful to write up just a rough outline of guiding principles that helped me manage to see all the Confidants stories on my first playthrough blind. Maybe other experienced people can chime in and add some of their tips since it's been a while for me. I'll tag it all as spoilers but honestly I'll stay super vague and the most you'll be spoiled by is information regarding ability boost opportunities. Think along the lines of Persona 4 and someone telling you about rainy day ramen.

1.So first of all I recommend playing the game not on anything higher than normal cause it might make the initial grind for money more tedious you're going to need a lot of funds to make it work so getting around a 100k during your very first proper dungeon run is recommended.
2.There are a few free stat point boost opportunities that don't require time to be spend:
- Keeping your room plant happy by buying nutrition for it. Get the most expensive one from the underground mall and later when you get access to I believe it was Shinjuku.
- Always buy all the books from any bookstores you have access to there will be free opportunities on the train to read or early night where there's just nothing to do yet but read
- Every Sunday go to the drink stand at the train station, they sell special drinks for ability boost
3. Never spend time on activities that only raise 1 stat point always go for something that at least raises 2. The diner/famires is one of the best ways to early raise stats.
4. Always finish dungeons as quickly as possible since sometimes they might block of Confidants from appearing.
5. Don't go to the Mementos too frequently, try to plan ahead and have Memento visits coincide with Confidant relevant quest objectives.
6. Always have a Persona of the same type at hand as the Confidant you want to engage with and always pick the right answer(for this I'd refer to a guide or save scumming)
7. Always priorities Confidants that only appear on special days. Like Sun only appears I believe on the weekends or maybe only Sunday even.
8. The Confidants to prioritize are Temperance, Fortune(super high priority), Death and Sun(high priority) after that you can generally pick and choose how you want.
9. Generally prioritize raising Confidants before stats, days where you can only raise stats will show up naturally and once Confidant story lines progress far enough you'll be blocked from advancing them anyway making you focus on stats again

Ok this is it for now. It's all from vague memory that I felt was the most important information to help you kind of wing it. Other people might have great more in detail tips especially related to preparing to open certain Confidant story lines and or other boost opportunities I have just forgotten to mention.

Hope that helps a little to elevate the stress.

zulux21

anyone have a archive of persona 5 wallpapers for pc at all?

I obtained some, but i have to figure someone already compiled a nice set of wallpapers.

as a side note this was the best set I found via reddit with some searching

http://imgur.com/a/xm9JD

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Actually I totally expected her to be like that. I mean Haru seemed to be the shy one and you don't want to have two of those.

It seems like not a single one girl of the Phantom Thieves is actually "shy" like Persona 3's Fuuka. I mean, probably Makoto is the closest, but then again her nickname is Queen and her Persona is a goddamn bike and her battle costume is full of spikes, lol.

It seems like not a single one girl of the Phantom Thieves is actually "shy" like Persona 3's Fuuka. I mean, probably Makoto is the closest, but then again her nickname is Queen and her Persona is a goddamn bike and her battle costume is full of spikes, lol.

Fuuka never got justice honestly. She was also an uguu don't look at me senpai! trope. She didn't seem too popular compared to the other party members, so I'm not surprised they didn't bring her archetype back in full force. I assume
Makoto
will be joining me shortly and that once I can interact with her outside of an antagonizing role I'll like her more but goddamn I can't stand her right now. I hope she an Ann butt heads a bit throughout the game.

Mitsuru is one of my favorites but I do like that Makoto isn't a mafia princess ice queen student council princess personality. She has a more realistic stick up her ass, which doesn't give you the immediate badass impression but leaves more room to flesh out.

FluxWaveZ

Haru was different than I expected her to be. Based on stuff like her expression in the game's opening and her All-Out Attack sequence, I thought she'd be
flippant, sarcastic and slightly haughty. She's pretty much the complete opposite.

Haru was different than I expected her to be. Based on stuff like her expression in the game's opening and her All-Out Attack sequence, I thought she'd be
flippant, sarcastic and slightly haughty. She's pretty much the complete opposite.

You mean the opening sequence? Pfft, was she even in it
The Opening for the re-release better be cooler

zulux21

learning there was a character named Haru in the game made me sad.

mostly because I already gave myself the first name Haru before I learned that. (i've been using Haru Zulux as my full video game character name since persona 3 forced me to have a first and last name and I don't think zulux is a good first name)

it might be a tad confusing when I actually reach Haru lol.

Palace 5

How many fucking waves of this group of bullshit miniboss robots do I have to fight?!

Edit:

Right. I swap in Haru, do the group Psi attack, and wipe them in one turn.

Fuck this game sometimes. :p

I was using a guide for the entirety of April but eventually ran out of money so I couldn't do one thing the guide suggested, then that snowballed into "I'm like 2 days behind now", so I'm abandoning the guide and just doing whatever. If I don't get the true ending oh well

Fuuka never got justice honestly. She was also an uguu don't look at me senpai! trope. She didn't seem too popular compared to the other party members, so I'm not surprised they didn't bring her archetype back in full force. I assume
Makoto
will be joining me shortly and that once I can interact with her outside of an antagonizing role I'll like her more but goddamn I can't stand her right now. I hope she an Ann butt heads a bit throughout the game.

Mitsuru is one of my favorites but I do like that Makoto isn't a mafia princess ice queen student council princess personality. She has a more realistic stick up her ass, which doesn't give you the immediate badass impression but leaves more room to flesh out.
Nah Ann and her are friends.

Geez, seems like I'm definitely behind when it comes to stats. I'm all 3s cruising into the end of August. I don't know if I've just been spending too much (?) time with confidants or what. I think every palace has taken me no more than four trips to complete, including the final visit post-calling card, and usually it's three (so two trips + treasure run). Haven't spent that much time in Mementos either, and also Mementos is stupidly easy compared to the palaces.

Ah well, I wanted to do this run blind, I guess that's the payoff.

Yusuke confidant rank 10 done!

Kinda heartwarming to learn that in spite of everything, Madarame did care about Yusuke. Also holy shit that awakened Persona is such a downgrade from Goemon. Just doesn't feel like it fits Yusuke at all.

So I just saw this ad in my Facebook timeline. Holy shit.

61GKGEPvJsL._SY445_.jpg

Anoxida

Geez, seems like I'm definitely behind when it comes to stats. I'm all 3s cruising into the end of August. I don't know if I've just been spending too much (?) time with confidants or what. I think every palace has taken me no more than four trips to complete, including the final visit post-calling card, and usually it's three (so two trips + treasure run). Haven't spent that much time in Mementos either, and also Mementos is stupidly easy compared to the palaces.

Ah well, I wanted to do this run blind, I guess that's the payoff.

I can't say for sure but if there's no event that doesnt let you do anything for like several weeks then it seems to me you have time to recover.

Derpot

I never played a Persona game myself, but I know the series thanks to my brother. I watched him play Persona 3 and 4.
So Persona 5 is my first Persona game, kinda. I beat the 2nd Palace yesterday and I must say, I'm having a very good time!

But there is one thing that frustrates me A LOT: time management.
I rented DVDs at one point, and I couldn't watch them and give them back because there was stuff happening for like 5 days or something. Also exams were near so I wanted to study to increase my Knowledge, but even studying at the library and answering all the questions in class correctly each time weren't enough to get to lvl2 Knowledge and weren't enough to do well during the exams, even if I answered ALL the questions during exams correctly. But maybe I did something wrong? Oh well, I'll do better for the next ones.

So, what I mean is that the game is telling you that time management is very important and all, but often it doesn't want to let you play and throw you some events in the face. And when you get back home,Morgana says you're too tired and you must go sleep but I want to craft lockpicks or train.That is kinda bullshit lol.

Anoxida

I never played a Persona game myself, but I know the series thanks to my brother. I watched him play Persona 3 and 4.
So Persona 5 is my first Persona game, kinda. I beat the 2nd Palace yesterday and I must say, I'm having a very good time!

I rented DVDs at one point, and I couldn't watch them and give them back because there was stuff happening for like 5 days or something. Also exams were near so I wanted to study to increase my Knowledge, but even studying at the library and answering all the questions in class correctly each time weren't enough to get to lvl2 Knowledge and weren't enough to do well during the exams, even if I answered ALL the questions during exams correctly. But maybe I did something wrong? Oh well, I'll do better for the next ones.

So, what I mean is that the game is telling you that time management is very important and all, but often it doesn't want to let you play and throw you some events in the face. And when you get back home,Morgana says you're too tired and you must go sleep but I want to craft lockpicks or train.That is kinda bullshit lol.

I'm used to the series by now but I agree somewhat. Morgana telling you not to do shit is kind of annoying and doesn't make sense. It would've been nice if they'd let you at least do some crafting before bed during those days.

Derpot

I'm used to the series by now but I agree somewhat. Morgana telling you not to do shit is kind of annoying and doesn't make sense. It would've been nice if they'd let you at least do some crafting before bed during those days.

Yeah, and especially when you cannot craft items as many as you like. You craft 2 lockpicks, then you go to bed. Of course you can craft more if your Proficiency is higher but still lol

I feel like future Persona games might go the Atelier Totori route and make the calendar system less restrictive. It's really frustrating that the game has a very "fuck you, rush the fuck out of the Palace" setup going on when it should have more leeway with time management

Dragner

I think that most annoying thing about the Morgana stuff is that you can hang around but any time you try to do something Morgana will say you nay. On the other Persona games was the MC that said that to himself but it usually just happened and the game skipped to the next day automatically so you arent trying to go downstairs hoping Morgana wont stop you.

I understand that you can still check the TV. But is very bad design IMO.

Jintor

Fuck I should at least do half of my assignment before I start playing tonight otherwise I just know I'm going to spend the entire night trying to get as many Makoto confidant scenes as possible

I don't think I'm going to try and get all the confidants to max on my first run. Way too stressful.

Going to focus on Makoto, Yusuke, Ann and Hifumi first. After that I think Futaba and Kawakami. We'll see how much time I have left after that.

Okay, i already made my game way more easy, even in Hard i guess! I'm only level 34 and i already got the persona with the skill that increase ATK/DEF/SPD for all my allies!

This one gonna be picked in all my fusion until the end game, haha

7/30:
That MGS reference when you go to the movies with Makoto.

Good job Atlus.

can you tell me the reference? I play in japanese and the dialogue in the cinema aren't subtitled!

I don't think I'm going to try and get all the confidants to max on my first run. Way too stressful.

Going to focus on Makoto, Yusuke, Ann and Hifumi first. After that I think Futaba and Kawakami. We'll see how much time I have left after that.

Mee too. But I'm still aiming for the (apparently) most important confidants first (like Temperance and Death, etc.).

After that, I'll go for the girls next. Screw the guys.

Dragner

Im grinding a bit of everything but trying to max the ones with dungeon or qol benefits. Like Temperance, Fortune, Death, Hermit or Star. After that is the usual party suspects to like 7, game forces you Ann and Riuji a lot so this are there already but wont touch them any further for now.

Brakke

Banned
Is there something up with Sojiro? I swear I've chilled him like four times but I can't advance the pink to learning Curry. It's always "won't grow deeper yet".

And I can't invite him anywhere or give him gifts. So I dunno how to push this.

I'm in July.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Okay, i already made my game way more easy, even in Hard i guess! I'm only level 34 and i already got the persona with the skill that increase ATK/DEF/SPD for all my allies!

This one gonna be picked in all my fusion until the end game, haha

Whaaa? What skill/persona is that? I am 36 right now and only just seen skills like Matarukaja/Masukujaja, not skills that raise Atk/Def/Spd at the same time, not to mention doing so to all of my allies o_O

Dragner

Is there something up with Sojiro? I swear I've chilled him like four times but I can't advance the pink to learning Curry. It's always "won't grow deeper yet".

I'm in July.

You need kindness 5 to pass through rank 6. Not worth it imo. You are better maxing death.

I'm in July.

I'm guessing his progress is blocked until we reach a certain point of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom