• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this counts as a spoiler.
Is the item that cost 100,000 yen from the fortune teller worth it?
(about an Item)

you need it to get the social link started, and it's honestly one of the most useful ones in the game since it can be used to progress other links (that aren't ready to deepen) without spending any time

Ostinatto

I was at the 5th palace when a normal minion just used the insta death ability on my main guy. That sort of stuff is kinda bull shit. But I guess its a good time to go to bed anyway.

dragn

wanted to finish the 1st dungeon with 2 days left, and game over lol. switched to safe mode for faster battles but can you make it harder again somehow by getting bad equipment or something?

Lusankya

you need it to get the social link started, and it's honestly one of the most useful ones in the game since it can be used to progress other links (that aren't ready to deepen) without spending any time

Even earlier you can also get another great perk from her: Fortune Confidant perk
You can pay 5000 Yen to get double the amount of money after a battle you win with an All-Out Attack for one in-game day. You don't spend any time asking for this.

Zolo

Damn. Spend half the rainy season raising my charm instead of going to the cafe to raise intelligence and guts. Also forgot to get the noodles that gives your party 80hp recovery for that half.

Lusankya

Okay, I'm about mid-June now, and I'm going to need Ryuji to take it from here.

all the way down to here. Every new scene it's just "GAAAH I'M SO PISSED THAT I'M PISSED"

Come on, someone needs to get pissed when the MC is so damn chill all the time.
Also without him Morgana would just run riot.

Xeteh

I'm pretty sure Futaba might be the best Persona character ever.

Rank 5 Hermit spoilers?

Futaba: Ah, I've got it!
This overwhelmingly forgettable appearance, generic speech style, and total lack of sex appeal.
Nishima... Are you an NPC? (Yeah, she calls Mishima by the wrong name)

so at what point does a central plot show up?
im 25 hrs in so far..
so far the story isnt very engaging, and the music is not as great as 4. that and the spooky vibes of 3 and 4 are totally gone
that aside
holy shit did they improve the presentation and gameplay.
the dungeons are probably the best i have ever seen in any game and ive only been through two of them. such ridiculous amounts of handcrafting , no wonder this game took forever to come out

No, of course you can change from easy back to merciless. Only Safety locks you in.
He probably thought you were already locked to Safety.

Yes, this. Sorry!
Also:She
Chained to the shackles of subconscious gender expectations!

so at what point does a central plot show up?
im 25 hrs in so far..
so far the story isnt very engaging, and the music is not as great as 4. that and the spooky vibes of 3 and 4 are totally gone
that aside
holy shit did they improve the presentation and gameplay.
the dungeons are probably the best i have ever seen in any game and ive only been through two of them. such ridiculous amounts of handcrafting , no wonder this game took forever to come out
You finished two Palaces and don't see a plot forming? P3 took like 60 hours for anything to start connecting at all, and that's way above P4 in the plot department imo. P4 was just straight forward Scooby Doo Mystery inc, so the plot was straightforward and the themes repeated as applied to each dungeon/situation. That worked well for it but this is more ambitious.

You didn't post any dates but Unless you really were on 100% blackout and don't know who's going to be joining your party or character relations, late may -mid june lays some stuff out for you before the third palace starts

Kalentan

Wait... The
Twin Wardens
are a social link? How... what? I completely forgot until I saw them listed as 1 on my Confidant list...

Astral

Goddammit thanks to the game going on autopilot right now my DVD is way overdue. I don't give a fuck about these Palaces right now. I've got priorities.

PInk Tape

Banned
Okay, I'm about mid-June now, and I'm going to need Ryuji to take it from here.

all the way down to here. Every new scene it's just "GAAAH I'M SO PISSED THAT I'M PISSED"

He is a bit much at times, like there are moments where I wish common sense hit him, but I still like him overall, lol.

Domstercool

Need to get to and then through work today, then I can return tonight! in like 10 hours to maybe finish the game? Gotta get to the bottom of mementos first.

Having a week off work playing Persona 5 and then going back to an programming job is just going to make me want more Persona 5 and the joys it brings.

He is a bit much at times, like there are moments where I wish common sense hit him, but I still like him overall, lol.

His extraness is apart of the job description for Persona MC BFF but at least it's about JUSTICE and not some mopey sense of entitlement or self sabotaging jealously, or an inability to get laid

I actually wanted to write "he/she" as I was not sure. Sorry for that.
heh, it's no problem!

just got the game on Sunday....played a lot and boy am i having a blast. the menus are so gorgeous like fuck me.....this is the first game that makes me wanna watch the menus animations over and over again.

and the music , that shits so intense i don't care about fighting boring enemies if i can hear some nice tunes.

aside from that i was shock when the suicide attempt happened , i didn't expect that after all the bunch of shit that already happened. overall i like the direction the game is going

SHarris78

Probable dumb question - you can save at a rest room, return to the castle entrance, get on with normal life and stock up on supplies and then carry on from the rest room you saved at yes?

Keep running out of supplies at the halfway point of the first dungeon!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
His extraness is apart of the job description for Persona MC BFF but at least it's about JUSTICE and not some mopey sense of entitlement or self sabotaging jealously, or an inability to get laid

It's pretty incredible how nobody ever figures out that Ryuji is a member of Phantom Thieves considering how often he shouted the name Phantom Thieves and even acknowledging that he's a part of them out in the public.

Lusankya

Probable dumb question - you can save at a rest room, return to the castle entrance, get on with normal life and stock up on supplies and then carry on from the rest room you saved at yes?

Keep running out of supplies at the halfway point of the first dungeon!

You can press R1 to quicktravel between the start of a dungeon and all unlocked save rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom