• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fuck this dungeon 2 boss on hard. I thought all I needed to do was
go all out and kill all parts. Didn't know that just makes Madarame show up, then you have to kill all parts again. I barely survived just making Madarame appear once. Looks like I really need to level up Ryuji and Yusuke to get their Phy All skills.

Whaaa? What skill/persona is that? I am 36 right now and only just seen skills like Matarukaja/Masukujaja, not skills that raise Atk/Def/Spd at the same time, not to mention to all of my allies.

Mithras. he learns it at level 38! I have a pretty good rank in the temperence arcana, so i've got level 37 instantly, and when i saw the lvl 38 skill, i immediatly sacrified an other persona to reach lvl 38

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Somehow did the third dungeon all in one day. That started to get pretty brutal, everyone was super low on SP and it went on longer than I expected. The SP 3 thing was super clutch, I rotated it around a bit to partially replenish my party.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Mithras. he learns it at level 38! I have a pretty good rank in the temperence arcana, so i've got level 37 instantly, and when i saw the lvl 38 skill, i immediatly sacrified an other persona to reach lvl 38

I don't think it's necessary to spoil tag the name, hahaha.

What's the name of the skill? I have Mithra too but my Temperance is at 8 when I fused him so that wasn't enough I guess.

Somehow did the third dungeon all in one day. That started to get pretty brutal, everyone was super low on SP and it went on longer than I expected. The SP 3 thing was super clutch, I rotated it around a bit to partially replenish my party.

Just fork the money and buy another 3 for your main party! It's a much better investment that any equipment you can buy at that time anyways.

aravuus

You need kindness 5 to pass through rank 6. Not worth it imo. You are better maxing death.

5 kindness? Yeah, that one's getting pushed to NG+ lol. Not like his SLink unlocks anything particularly worthwhile since I have a bunch of the SP 3 accessories.

I'm not even done with this one, not even close, but I'm already thinking of tackling Persona 2 (IS on psp, EP on ps1) for the first time after this and then replaying Persona 3. Fucking Persona man. Good stuff.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

What's the name of the skill? I have Mithra too but my Temperance is at 8 when I fused him so that wasn't enough I guess.

Just fork the money and buy another 3 for your main party! It's a much better investment that any equipment you can buy at that time anyways.

I might have just
spent 100K on a salt rock and constantly spend money on a maid
instead!

But yeah that was definitely a great purchase, especially since I already had it at rank 7. Confidants are ruining me, lol.

Thermopylae, if you got lvl 8 in temperence, you're pretty close too, i was 7! You know that you can check the next skill the persona will gain right? You should have seen it immediatly, just sacrifice i high level persona and you'll have it too

and by the way, it's Mithra, not Mithras, which is an other persona (i wrote wrong in my first message)

JJShadow

Omg I'm already in mid-June and just realised you can take care of that plant in your room, this thing must be completely dead already lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thermopylae, if you got lvl 8 in temperence, you're pretty close too, i was 7! You know that you can check the next skill the persona will gain right? You should have seen it immediatly

Wait, I see that skill yes but IIRC when I checked it it's not a skill that raised ATK/DEF/SPD for the whole party at the same time, believe me if I saw such skill is available I would get on to that so fast, lol. I don't even remember such skills exist in previous games, even in end-game Personas such as Yoshitsune.

Sorry to trouble you, but can you check the description of the skill perhaps?

Edit: I checked it on Google: duuuuude, that skill is only available when you are *ambushed*, making it pretty much nearly worthless, unless you are planning on getting ambushed all the time, hahaha.

Wait, I see that skill yes but IIRC when I checked it it's not a skill that raised ATK/DEF/SPD for the whole party at the same time, believe me if I saw such skill is available I would get on to that so fast, lol. I don't even remember such skills exist in previous games, even in end-game Personas such as Yoshitsune.

Sorry to trouble you, but can you check the description of the skill perhaps?

Edit: I checked it: duuuuude, that skill is only available when you are *ambushed*, making it pretty much nearly worthless, hahaha.

i just tried it right now, was gonna edit my message, haha! Man i found it weird to get this skill so early on too, guess i should have tested it before posting! When i read the skill, i read : "Surrounding" allies, not "surrounded"! Sorry for misleading you guys!

Fjordson

Just finished the first dungeon. Even though it was a lot of tutorials, it all goes by in a breeze thanks to the amazing presentation. Literally everything looks and sounds cool, even the pause menu. And the Persona reveals and just their visual design in general have been bizarrely awesome so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I might have just
spent 100K on a salt rock and constantly spend money on a maid
instead!

But yeah that was definitely a great purchase, especially since I already had it at rank 7. Confidants are ruining me, lol.

The way I see it, by forking 200k for that, you can pretty much grind endlessly at Mementos and Palaces (especially at Mementos considering you can retreat to upper levels at your leisure, making restoring SP by just defending against low level enemies a very convenient thing to do) even on a single day making it a cinch to farm money for all the necessities of life such as maids, lol.

i just tried it right now, was gonna edit my message, haha! Man i found it weird to get this skill so early on too, guess i should have tested it before posting! Sorry for misleading you guys

Yea I was surprised, I don't think such extremely powerful skill can be available in the game and even if they are, it wouldn't be available at a mid-tier-lower-ish Persona.

Lusankya

"Only usable if the party is being ambushed."

This skill is horrible. :p

Edit: Nevermind, you already noticed. I am pretty sure there is no skill in the game that will unconditionally raise ATK/DEF/SPD of the whole party. Endgame Personas have one for single targets, though.

black070

Launched on Tuesday on PS4 and PS3 and receiving glowing reviews, ‘Persona 5’ from Atlus/Deep Silver debuts at No1. It is the first J-RPG (Japanese RPG) to debut at the top of the All Formats Chart since ‘Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch’ back in W5 2013 (‘Final Fantasy XV’ launched at No2, but it had to contend with ‘FIFA 17’). It is by far the biggest launch for a ‘Persona’ title and the first ever All Formats No1 for developer and publisher Atlus.

^ In the UK. :,)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quick question: do mini bosses respawn?

Just beat this angel guy in the first palace
chapel/gym
and im
running
very low on sp. If I lwave and come back later will he be dead?

Wdit: welp I died right after the mini boss so ill have to re-do him anyway lol >_<

Quick question: do mini bosses respawn?

Just beat this angel guy in the first palace
chapel/gym
and im
running
very low on sp. If I lwave and come back later will he be dead?

Wdit: welp I died right after the mini boss so ill have to re-do him anyway lol >_<

the end of the dungeon isn't that far, and when you'll reach it, you will need to leave, you won't have a choice, so reach the end of the dungeon, run away from ennemies if you need, it will save you a day that way!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What is the purpose of Ryuji? All he does is shout and get angry at the dumbest shit

Hey, a hot-blooded loud character like him is practically a requirement for every video game / manga from Japan with teenagers, you know.

With how much he shouted and yelled in public about their Phantom Thieves endeavor I am surprised that many people don't seem to know that he is a member of the Phantom Thieves, lol.

Sadist

Well after 9 hours of play I'm pretty happy with the start of the game. First few hours were a bit sluggish, but after that it was pretty awesome.

Impulsor

Spoilers and questions about dungeon 2 enemy:
I found the regent persona, after rescuing my crew from the lasers. I was not able to kill it and it ran away... did I miss out on much? Was it supposed to run away the first time?

Dragner

To remind you about how shitty adults are

There was a point where makoto said that too and I was like 'pls, not you'.

I found the regent persona, after rescuing my crew from the lasers. I was not able to kill it and it ran away... did I miss out on much? Was it supposed to run away the first time?

You can fuse it and get you can inherit any of the weak AOE of each element,
Is ok if you miss it you will find more, that one is weak to psychic iirc

cheesekao

You can find it again. They're a good source of money and exp early on. I recommend looking up a guide of their weaknesses (there are multiple types of that persona) so that you can catch them.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

They are also available in Mementos so don't worry about it too much. If you managed to kill them, they will give you good XP and loads of money--however, knocking them down and recruiting them is a must if you are after the Compendium trophy and they are stocked with skills--I highly recommend you try to capture a type first before killing them the next time you meet with the same type again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
5 kindness? Yeah, that one's getting pushed to NG+ lol. Not like his SLink unlocks anything particularly worthwhile since I have a bunch of the SP 3 accessories.

I'm not even done with this one, not even close, but I'm already thinking of tackling Persona 2 (IS on psp, EP on ps1) for the first time after this and then replaying Persona 3. Fucking Persona man. Good stuff.

Persona 2 is very different to 3-5.

I fucking hated it.

Impulsor

There was a point where makoto said that too and I was like 'pls, not you'.

You can fuse it and get you can inherit any of the weak AOE of each element,
Is ok if you miss it you will find more, that one is weak to psychic iirc

You can find it again. They're a good source of money and exp early on. I recommend looking up a guide of their weaknesses (there are multiple types of that persona) so that you can catch them.

They are also available in Mementos so don't worry about it too much. If you managed to kill them, they will give you good XP and loads of money--however, knocking them down and recruiting them is a must if you are after the Compendium trophy and they are stocked with skills--I highly recommend you try to capture a type first before killing them the next time you meet with the same type again.

Thanks. I don't have any persone that has a psychic skill right now, I just tried to kill it with normal attacks and tried out different elements, since I'm playing blind for the first playthrough.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks. I don't have any persone that has a psychic skill right now, I just tried to kill it with normal attacks and tried out different elements, since I'm playing blind for the first playthrough.

Tip: skills like Morgana's Lucky Punch is very useful against them, provided they're the type that don't block physical attacks.

I didn't mind him at the start (
I'm at the TV station
), but he's just annoying now.

He's like the friend that will always be there for you but you know he's always gonna say some dumb shit lol

Yeah, he was alright at the beginning but the constant yelling and screaming kinda gets on my nerves too, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom