• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gameplay is like torture though.

eh, didn't have a big problem with it, it's really slow yeah, but it's still good in the rpg departement!

The only one I didn't click with was the first Persona. Both of 2 and onward I've really liked, with each sequel getting better. I think it's finally overtaken Suikoden as my fave JRPG series.

that's too bad that the writter of persona 2 is gone! 3-4-5 are still pretty good story wise (didn't finish 5, 3 is reaaaally good, 4 is kinda meh, not bad but not great either), but i still prefere the writing of 2

and the fact that your team isn't composed only by teenagers

3c1981292541569747f8c9d0d8130db0.jpg

I need that Raidou costume dlc pronto.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This Temperance S.Link seems fucking stupid.

If you keep at it, it's quite touching actually, lol.

It helps that the max rank gives you one of the best perks in the game too.

Without spoiling, is Ryuji the best physical Attacker?

Him and Yusuke seems pretty much on par, actually; surprisingly Yusuke also has high strength with plenty of physical skills in his Persona, and his weapons boasts high attack power too.

No, not like this. That's not true. That's impossible

I said it in other thread I believe:

Both of them dye their hair, they share the same arcana, they say dumb shit and occasionally what they say is also true, they get heated while talking to the magician (Yosuke and Morgana); also their physical attacks are more powerful than their elemental ones. They share a lot of traits.

aravuus

This Temperance S.Link seems fucking stupid.

I love it and hate it lol. I really like the character, but everything that happens during the SLink events is just so outlandish. Romancing
your teacher
is gonna be......................... interesting, too, but I gotta do it. For love or whatever.

Can't wait to make the baddies of that story swallow shit when I get home lmao.

VegiHam

So I made it to October and OMG the game needs to shut up already.

I get it
people don't like the phantom thieves now. STOP TELLING ME.
Please no more pointless cityscape thought bubble cutaways and snide bullshit from randos just get the hell on with it already.

Brakke

Banned
I thought Ryuji was nu-Chie from the start. Chariot gives it away.

Also Death is the hottest babe in both P4 and P5 so this method is foolproof.

Yu Narukami

If you keep at it, it's quite touching actually, lol.

It helps that the max rank gives you one of the best perks in the game too.

Him and Yusuke seems pretty much on par, actually; surprisingly Yusuke also has high strength with plenty of physical skills in his Persona, and his weapons boasts high attack power too.
Which one of the two gets the skill that boosts the next Attack by 2.5 damage?

Dragner

I love it and hate it lol. I really like the character, but everything that happens during the SLink events is just so outlandish. Romancing
your teacher
is gonna be......................... interesting, too, but I gotta do it. For love or whatever.

Can't wait to make the baddies of that story swallow shit when I get home lmao.

Even if not for romance...the rank 10 perk is bonkers so may as well...

Rien

Jelly Belly
Decided to keep playing in easy mode.
Since its my first Persona game and my first turnbased combat since ffvii (psx era) i find it to overwhelming and really bugged out for repeating chunks of the Castle since some dude one-shotted me a couple of time.
I think its best to finish this pt on easy and spend time in just figuring our this game. Next run on + will be for the serious stuff and more challenge.
I am scared that if i continue on normal i will quit halfway and this game is way to interesting for that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I said it in other thread I believe:

Both of them dye their hair, they share the same arcana, they say dumb shit and occasionally what they say is also true, they get heated while talking to the magician (Yosuke and Morgana); also their physical attacks are more powerful than their elemental ones. They share a lot of traits.

It's quite funny if you think about it.

Here we have a guy that acts like that and pretty much everybody makes fun of him, and yet when we genderflip the character with the same personality... well, look at just how big of a fanbase Chie has.

It's baffling.

massoluk

Banned

Here we have a guy that acts like that and pretty much everybody makes fun of him, and yet when we genderflip the character with the same personality... well, look at just how big of a fanbase Chie has.

It's baffling.
Reverse Hillary Clinton Effect

Got Charm and Proficiency maxed, Guts and Knowledge at four and Kindness at 3 nearing September. Also maxed two confidants with a few being close. Think my progress is good! Admittedly using a guide for confidant answers though lol

Dragner

Got Charm and Proficiency maxed, Guts and Knowledge at four and Kindness at 3 nearing September. Also maxed two confidants with a few being close. Think my progress is good! Admittedly using a guide for confidant answers though lol

Lol I have most at 2 mid july. You are doing great (and I suck). Too much mementos grind.

Domstercool

It's baffling.

But Chie doesn't do certain things Ryuji does in terms of story plot. Ryuji does dumb shit more than once, like he doesn't learn. It's a bigger impact here.

Cronen

If I wanted to play Persona 3 in the future, which is the 'better' version to play? Persona 3 FES on the PS3, or Persona 3 Portable on the Vita? Sounds like both FES and P3P have their ups and downs. Is there a clear 'definitive' version?

Chaos17

I mean, Chie was always worst girl so Itd make sense Ryuji is worst dude
I joke, I jo-nope they're both lame.
I liked Chie, she was honest with her feelings. I almost dated her but game kinda failed to make her cute from time to time. Or maybe it was her design the problem ? Dunno.

If I wanted to play Persona 3 in the future, which is the 'better' version to play? Persona 3 FES on the PS3, or Persona 3 Portable on the Vita? Sounds like both FES and P3P have their ups and downs. Is there a clear 'definitive' version?

P3P, play with the girl character, her dialogue choices have way more personality put into them IMO!

And the FES part of p3 isn't that great so it's not a big deal to skip it

Toss up between FES and P3P. Both versions are great. P3P has a great female protagonist but FES is pretty much the original but better in every way.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Which one of the two gets the skill that boosts the next Attack by 2.5 damage?

Ryuji. He also has Matarukaja so I suppose in terms of raw attack power he eclipsed Yusuke.

Yusuke has Masakukaja and the best physical repel skills (up to 20%)

Both boasts Colossal-level Physical attacks, God's Hand vs. Brave Blade.

Domstercool

I'd go with Persona 3 FES. It's the complete package of the story. Play Portable later on if you ever feel the need to go back to that game with a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom