• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What Ryuji thing? Is it missable?

Unless I misunderstood it's the thing you were referring to with hanging out with Ryuji?
It's missable in the sense if you never do it during your whole year there. But as long as the school year goes you should be able to open the Confidant at any time you want.

Roussow

Ughhh, I've started taking notes, occasionally save scumming to guarantee optimal weather for mementos, writing out a weeks activities ahead of time. I feel like the time management aspects of this game are way more tense than P4G, too be fair P4G was my first go at the series so it was a less than optimal playthrough, I didn't even see the true ending (I still haven't Youtubed it in the years after), but it felt like I had quite a few more days just to wander around there.

Also, I've worked twice with Sojiro and his link still isn't ready to increase, feels odd, I had the appropriate Persona equipped, too.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Turns out I missed getting
the phone number from the teacher
. (minor SL1 Temperance confidant spoiler)
And now it's summer vacation, all kinds of shit is popping off and all I want to do is call
a damn maid
. I want to go back to school, yo.

I finished the fourth palace today. Amazing from start to finish. Now I got like 15 days of straight chillin'.
Time to get my hustle on.

Jintor

Female MC is P3P only, a what-if scenario, basically. She's not canon, and the subsequent Persona games don't even recognize her existence, haha..

she's real to me damnit!

playing as a genki girl was legit the best. She had some of the best dialogue options in persona ever, too. and her unique social links were dope.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ughhh, I've started taking notes, occasionally save scumming to guarantee optimal weather for mementos, writing out a weeks activities ahead of time. I feel like the time management aspects of this game are way more tense than P4G, too be fair P4G was my first go at the series so it was a less than optimal playthrough, I didn't even see the true ending (I still haven't Youtubed it in the years after), but it felt like I had quite a few more days just to wander around there.

Also, I've worked twice with Sojiro and his link still isn't ready to increase, feels odd, I had the appropriate Persona equipped, too.

Sojiro's Confidant is blocked on a certain level before you get the sixth party member.

she's real to me damnit!

playing as a genki girl was legit the best. She had some of the best dialogue options in persona ever, too. and her unique social links were dope.

Well she's unique, I'd give her that
despite the creepy romance thing going on with a kid like Ken....

Still though, first time Persona 3 player? FES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P3P anytime for me.

Thud

Try to make coffee yourself and then you will be getting asked if you want to use her help instead.

I still don't understand the logic behind the lockpicks and coffee. Sojiro was really clear on how to make it. Someone that probably drinks from a machine or instant is not gonna do a good job.

It does save time, but I rather like the MC do it himself because it makes good sense.

Unless I misunderstood it's the thing you were referring to with hanging out with Ryuji?
It's missable in the sense if you never do it during your whole year there. But as long as the school year goes you should be able to open the Confidant at any time you want.

The event just happened lol. I swear whenever i ask a question on Gaf it's about 5 minutes before the game shows me anyway.

Cheers.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Sojiro progresses slowly I wouldn't focus on him too much early unless there's really nothing else to do. Better to read books or what not. You want to work on him after you progress the Fortune Slink far enough which will help you out with progressing Confidants without spending time.

P5 is also actually way more lax than P4G and has a bit more time. I've heard about people finishing the game with like 2 weeks of not much to do while having everything maxed. I barely made it on the last available day but that speaks to how many mistakes I made by simply not knowing stuff.

MTC100

Banned
Female MC is P3P only, a what-if scenario, basically. She's not canon, and the subsequent Persona games don't even recognize her existence, haha.

Oh... I never played P3P as a female then, totally forgot about it... well... where is my PSP?

FES is definitely worth it, IMO, despite some weird gameplay decision that game is very rich in atmosphere and has great characters too (IMO). You can buy FES for PS3, if you have the console.

Yeah have a PS3, playing P5 on it :D -Sounds interesting, now the question is should I play as a female on my PSP or just play FES on my PS3...

Gotta finish P5 first either way though.

nOoblet16

I don't think I can bring myself to do a 2nd play through in this game for the platinum trophy. Long ass games like this shouldn't make you do 2 playthroughs for platinum.

MTC100

Banned
I don't think I can bring myself to do a 2nd play through in this game for the platinum trophy. Long ass games like this shouldn't make you do 2 playthroughs for platinum.

Why exactly do you need to play it through twice to get that platinum trophy, I guess you can't max all stats and Social links in one go or is there something else?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

The annoying thing is if you don't use books or games to raise your Social Stat, the game will force you to do so if you're chasing the Plat even if you have max Social stat in NG+.... hrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrh.

duckroll

she's real to me damnit!

She's as real as anyone's MC in P3, P4, or P5. There's no "canon" because no Persona sequel will actually acknowledge the previous game's MC or use your name choices or remember you decisions to have any impact. People who want to believe their male MC playthrough is more "canon" than the female MC are just delusional.

Jintor

lol i spent 300 hours on p4g in a month

IN A MONTH

admittedly it was uni holidays but still

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Why exactly do you need to play it through twice to get that platinum trophy, I guess you can't max all stats and Social links in one go or is there something else?

If you know the P4G plat the only thing that requires a second playthrough is pretty much the bonus bossfight again. Everything else is doable in one playthrough.
Edit: Oh forgot about the NG+ special fusion. So just these two trophies I think.
She's as real as anyone's MC in P3, P4, or P5. There's no "canon" because no Persona sequel will actually acknowledge the previous game's MC or use your name choices or remember you decisions to have any impact. People who want to believe their male MC playthrough is more "canon" than the female MC are just delusional.
Not really delusional Persona Q(which doesn't have the FeMC at all), Dancing and Arena I believe were all stated as canon by the creators.
Although I personally ignore and deny that. Not saying that the sentiment doesn't become less stupid just that there's a reason why people might have that sentiment.
So not really that delusional.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Not really. Subsequent persona games like Arena and Shadow of the Laybrinth games explicitly acknowledged the existence of male P3 lead; you can't say the same about the Female MC.

Ydelnae

I think a 2nd play through would take me 25h max. You can skip scenes you don't like, there's no need to invest time in Mementos if you did it all in your first play through and the dungeons will be piss easy.

It's easier doing 2 of them. When I did my platinum last year, I went for Max stats on my first plus as much social links as I could.
On the second one I had all my stats at Max so I could focus on doing the SLs.
You can do it in one...if you're good.

I enjoyed my two playthroughs immensely (~188h40)

Khoryos

Umm, not according to P4A and P4A:U. Male pronouns.

MTC100

Banned
If you know the P4G plat the only thing that requires a second playthrough is pretty much the bonus bossfight again. Everything else is doable in one playthrough.

Not really delusional Persona Q(which doesn't have the FeMC at all), Dancing and Arena I believe were all stated as canon by the creators.
Although I personally ignore and deny that. Not saying that the sentiment doesn't become less stupid just that there's a reason why people might have that sentiment.
So not really that delusional.

I don't really remember but I have Platinum on P4G, yes. So the last boss fight is locked behind NG+, well gotta play through the game twice anyway then ^^

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really remember but I have Platinum on P4G, yes. So the last boss fight is locked behind NG+, well gotta play through the game twice anyway then ^^

Since you have the Persona 4 G plat I'll just say it but I'll just spoiler tag it for safety anyway.
Not the last boss it's the special Velvet Room Attendant fight again as it was in the prior Persona games. It's far quicker to access though I believe you can do it as soon as you unlock Mementos instead of having to almost finish the game like in P4G where you have to finish the Nanako dungeon.

MTC100

Banned
Since you have the Persona 4 G plat I'll just say it but I'll just spoiler tag it for safety anyway.
Not the last Boss it's the special Velvet Room Attendant fight again as it was in the prior Persona games. It's far quicker to access though I believe you can do it as soon as you unlock Mementos instead of having to almost finish the game like in P4G where you have to finish the Nanako dungeon.

Thanks, I remember now. There is no way though that I can max out everything in my first run anyway since I didn't use my time optimally.

It's easier doing 2 of them. When I did my platinum last year, I went for Max stats on my first plus as much social links as I could.
On the second one I had all my stats at Max so I could focus on doing the SLs.
You can do it in one...if you're good.

I enjoyed my two playthroughs immensely (~188h40)

I already messed up too much stuff as I wasn't playing with guides and didn't use the thieves guild too often for hints on exams and so on. I plan on maxing out my stats in this run, like you did. I shouldn't have invested so much time into knowledge though, it's almost as 5 now as you get it so often...

Salaadin

What's the deal with Sojiro? I'm currently rank 3 but it Feels like I never rank up with him. I think I made coffee with him 3 times now with a Hiero equipped but that guy just won't budge.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What's the deal with Sojiro? I'm currently rank 3 but it Feels like I never rank up with him. I think I made coffee with him 3 times now with a Hiero equipped but that guy just won't budge.

You can't progress him past 3 before Futaba joins your party.

Edit: correction: rank 4 actually, sorry.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I stacked a Tarukaja on my man Fox who already had a Tarukaja active and the prompt said something like 'attack up duration extended'.

Does that mean that it just ups the Tarukaja turn-counter by 3? Or does it refresh the counter. Does it mean that whenever I hypothetically cast four Tarukaja's at once that it'll stay active for 12 turns?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I stacked a Tarukaja on my man Fox who already had a Tarukaja active and the prompt said something like 'attack up duration extended'.

Does that mean that it just ups the Tarukaja turn-counter by 3? Or does it refresh the counter. Does it mean that whenever I hypothetically cast four Tarukaja's at once that it'll stay active for 12 turns?

Yeah, just period extension, not stacked effects.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Nope pretty sure it only raises the effect. Every buff can be applied two times for the maximum effect but it doesn't extend the duration just refreshes it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ok I got to the treasure in the first day, that second half wasnt that bad after a few reloads (from dying, not save scumming lol) and getting lucky with a couple of fights that leveled me up. Thank you for whoever said to keep going, I was going to leave and waste a day tbh.

Did have to use a full sp item on the MC char tho, oh well. Still good progress for 1 day I think.

Really like the dungeon in this, its leaps and bounds better than the random ones in 4.

Khoryos

Oh god lol. I guess I wasted a few nights.
I saw someone on gamefaqs say that you need to brew coffee using the pot next to him in order to advance him. Any truth to that?

I think I needed to have done it once to go from two to three? I've only just gotten far enough to take him past that, so I can't comment on the future.

aravuus

I saw someone on gamefaqs say that you need to brew coffee using the pot next to him in order to advance him. Any truth to that?

I don't think you have to, just that it's recommended in case the regular way won't rank the SLink up since you'll get coffee in addition to the SLink points

Good to know about the Futaba thing, though. I was wondering just how goddamn much I'd need to spend time with him, but that explains it.

Chaos17

I feel that I should have used a guide because I don't want to do a second play through too. There's some social link I want to do but I don't have the time in game ←_←

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I don't think you have to, just that it's recommended in case the regular way won't rank the SLink up since you'll get coffee in addition to the SLink points

Good to know about the Futaba thing, though. I was wondering just how goddamn much I'd need to spend time with him, but that explains it.

Sorry, a mistake, not rank 3, but rank 4.

You can only get him pass 4 to 5 after 8/22.

Dragner

I feel that I should have used a guide because I don't want to do a second play through too. There's some social link I want to do but I don't have the time in game ←_←

Unless you want to platinum the game there are a couple of bad s.links that are not worth the time investment (the photographer one for example) so you shouldnt be sad about it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Unless you want to platinum the game there is a couple of bad s.links that are not worth the time investment (the photographer one for example) so you shouldnt be sad about it.

Why is she bad? Because of her Confidant boni?
She has a fun storyline worth doing though like almost all the Confidants.
No real total duds like Persona 4 Hermit or Persona 3 Magician(Male playthrough) that are kind of skippable.

Dragner

She has a fun storyline worth doing though like almost all the Confidant Slinks.
No real total duds like Persona 4 Hermit or Persona 3 Magician(Male playthrough)

The bonuses are not good because are all related to dungeon navigation and alert that if you grasp the basics concepts shouldnt have problems with that. Ofc if you are interested in the story everything is ok but you can check that on a later playthrough or just youtube it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
She has a fun storyline worth doing though like almost all the Confidants.
No real total duds like Persona 4 Hermit or Persona 3 Magician(Male playthrough) that are kind of skippable.

Yeah her bonus is just baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, especially in comparison to stuff like Death, Temper, Fortune, or especially Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom