• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydelnae

I think completing the Ohya social link actually prevents you from encountering rare personas needed in order to fuse with high level spells.

50+ hours in, 4 dungeons down, loving this game so far, and think its the best jrpg since Golden, really.

I wonder how many millions of copies this game needs to sell to get a P3 with updated gameplay, but that would never happen..

Small question about the Fortune Arcana Rank 7

You can Deepen your bond with anyone, i tested with Oyha, i was supposed to just spend time with her, but after paying the fortune, the rank went up, so it works quite well!

My question is, if the Rank Up is already supposed to happen, but i still decide to pay the fortune to deepen the bond, will it go towards the next rank? Like if after the rank up, i can normally only spend time with the confident without ranking up, will the previous fortune work and directly let me Rank Up again?

sorry i don't know if i'm clear enough

aravuus

The journalist's bonuses did make me chuckle a bit. Every single one is practically worthless if you have even a basic grasp of the (incredibly easy) stealth mechanics lol.

But it needs to be re-stated how goddamn cool it is that all of the SLinks give actual gameplay perks. Some of them are really clever too, like the stuff you get from Temperance.

Geez. Tomorrow they start releasing the DLC.

If you get all DLC from the 11th & 18th april, you pay 50 €/$.

This is crazy.

So crazy that I actually buy all that shit.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Small question about the Fortune Arcana Rank 7

You can Deepen your bond with anyone, i tested with Oyha, i was supposed to just spend time with her, but after paying the fortune, the rank went up, so it works quite well!

My question is, if the Rank Up is already supposed to happen, but i still decide to pay the fortune to deepen the bond, will it go towards the next rank? Like if after the rank up, i can normally only spend time with the confident without ranking up, will the previous fortune work and directly let me Rank Up again?

sorry i don't know if i'm clear enough

I don't believe it does because favor points never save up in other situations(like summer vacation meetups). Don't believe this being an exception.

Yu Narukami

The journalist's bonuses did make me chuckle a bit. Every single one is practically worthless if you have even a basic grasp of the (incredibly easy) stealth mechanics lol.

But it needs to be re-stated how goddamn cool it is that all of the SLinks give actual gameplay perks. Some of them are really clever too, like the stuff you get from Temperance.
You now have formed a special bond with Muntu. Rank 1: Ignore Muntu's comments without penalties.
Joke ofc

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
can i get more shit for my room somewhere? I've just got this ramen and this... freaking chocolate fountain

You have to take Confidants to their correspondent date locations they gift you stuff then. Sometimes you get stuff from events. Total time wasting endeavor though.

Unfortunately I've reached the point where I'm going to have to accept defeat. First playthrough and have managed to max all the social stats and rank 10 all my party members and 5 extra
doctor, hifumi, Mishima,teacher and politician
but I've had to abandon the rest. I'm in December so so who knows how much time if any I have left.

Chaos17

Why is she bad? Because of her Confidant boni?
She has a fun storyline worth doing though like almost all the Confidants.
No real total duds like Persona 4 Hermit or Persona 3 Magician(Male playthrough) that are kind of skippable.
Yeah, I want to do for their stories. I like Persona series for that reason.: S-links

I don't believe it does because favor points never save up in other situations(like summer vacation meetups). Don't believe this being an exception.

ok thanks, i'll save them for when i don't have rank up then! It will be quite quick that way at least,
like i spent two session for oyha and directly got the next rank (one wasn't enough)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
ok thanks, i'll save them for when i don't have rank up then! It will be quite quick that way at least,
like i spent two session for oyha and directly got the next rank (one wasn't enough)

Maybe it's too obvious and you know it already but just saying it just in case while you can't save up points on the same person for me there have been generally a lot of situations with several Confidants not being ready to progress yet so you can use her on those.
She was pretty critical for my 100% blind run. Pretty much used her almost every day she was available what a money sink though!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok. 18 hrs in. Recently finished the 2nd dungeon. Some thoughts so far. I'll spoiler tag where necessary. Again, this is for upto the 2nd dungeon.

- Absolutely love how quick and snappy everything loads (Pro w/ USB SSD), all loading times are between 2~5 seconds flat.

- The game has very good art style and generally looks very good (minus some obvious PS3 quality textures). The only visual blemish is the aliasing on a 4K display and it's a real shame the game doesn't have any higher resolution support for Pro. Having this run at 4K via checker boarding would have been a visual treat.

- I really love the sound track.

- NPC spoiler.
The principal character is just so over the top needlessly evil, he should be cackling at how bad he is.

- The 2nd dungeon was, in my opinion, way too short compared to the first one. I hope the remaining are more varied and maybe longer.

Jintor

damn, the voice acting in this scene on 7/24 is on-point.

Sojiro's anger going to trying to hide something, Ann rushing through her explanation, Makoto's terrified and then embarrassed voice... amazing

MSMrRound

There's no way somebody can hate on Palace 4's theme, that shit is so on point
and the name of the song is fucking devastating.

Think we just found one though=/

Lots comparing Dungeon 4's theme to old school Meguro style and tbh it's one of my fav dungeon themes too.

My save time shows nearly 12 hours. It barely feels like I've touched the surface so far! I only have one party member I can hang out with, only just finished the first dungeon, haven't gained a point in any of my traits and only reached the end of the first month. Madness.

MTC100

Banned
Also, I've worked twice with Sojiro and his link still isn't ready to increase, feels odd, I had the appropriate Persona equipped, too.

Hmm, why would you spend time with him anyway(unless you get the wording, that your SL will increase soon), when making coffee you get
2 points with him too and end up with a coffee? Well at least it was that way when I first made coffee, perhaps this changes after.

Getting close to diving into dungeon 3. I'm finding Ryuji increasingly annoying. He's like a broken record, and not a record you'd want to listen to even if it weren't broken. I'm liking the other main characters though. Also, finally feel like I've got more command of my schedule, and now have all my stats up to 3 stars.

Game is really addictive, even with uneven writing and a few tiresome scenarios (e.g., anything with
Mishima
).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seriously why can't you do more stuff in a day, Sunday not school and I make a lockpick and that's the whole day gone?
That's stupid

Shahadan

Seriously why can't you do more stuff in a day, Sunday not school and I make a lockpick and that's the whole day gone?
That's stupid

There was a day like that when the only thing I had done all day was talk to sojiro for story related reason and it took like three lines. Guess I was tired after that, time to sleep!

mxgt

Banned
I just started
the second dungeon, I'm in the middle of May

The important question -
when can I start hanging out with the teacher?

Jintor

these last couple of days in june have had the worst excuses for morgana keeping you locked up

'you gotta go watch fireworks tommorrow. tomorrow night. so... sleep early'

uh yeah morgana, how about no, i'm gonna read this boo-

SLEEP EARLY

okay jeeze you goddamn cat

nOoblet16

The story set-up for Dungeon #4 is pretty damn great. Disappointing music though.
Disappointing music ? Oh man this is all wrong...Dungeon 4 has the best theme followed by 3. Are you talking about the main dungeon theme or the one you get outside ? Because I cannot see how you can find that guitar riff disappointing.

The music in the dungeon I am at right now is super shit though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There was a day like that when the only thing I had done all day was talk to sojiro for story related reason and it took like three lines. Guess I was tired after that, time to sleep!
I know it's always been like this but it's hard to gauge a what you can do in a day when it changes all the time, it's annoying
Just had to reload because I thought I'd make a lockpick and head into the palace and finish the mission, but nope.

Still feels weird to have the protagonist refer to himself in first person lol.

The upgrade in dungeon design compared to the previous games cannot be stressed enough. Good stuff.

It's great to have demon negotiations back in Persona.

Love walking around listening in on npc conversations.

The hot button for healing is a great touch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cool, got my bro on with Ryuji one day, and got the death and the hierophant confidants the next. Starting to get into the groove of things :)

Kinsei

Banned
There's so many little things you would end up missing if you just fast travel everywhere.

pre palace 3:
While Makoto is investigating you she'll actually follow you around the school while using a magazine to try and make herself blend in. You can even talk to her and catch her off guard.
It's both hilarious and adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom