• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

Am I literally just wasting time if I'm not trying to raise skill points during their "boost" effects?

E.g. studying in the rain at night/diner.

I've studied at night several times, got all the classroom questions right and still level 1 Knowledge. Meanwhile, I went to the Bathhouse on a Monday night once and instantly hit level 2 Charm.

I think knowledge has a way higher threshold to raise a level than all the other stats because it's offset by all the opportunities for points you have (all the classroom quiz questions, for example). I don't have proof of this though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I already have this ability and tried it multiple times in the palaces. I can barely collect 100k from one day while fighting almost every enemy in the palace. Some people here said they managed to collect +500k from mementos in one go. How do they even do that? or is it easier to collect money at mementos than in palaces?
Have you finished the second palace yet? If yes
You can encounter treasure demons like the one of the museum in Mementos. There's also an item to make them spawn more frequently that you can craft.
There are various treasure demons the late game ones naturally give more money.

Freeman76

Put the game down for a couple of days because the rigidness and strict routine of that fucking cat was making me want to sell the game which I am otherwise really enjoying. Back to it tonight, second palace here i come

PK Gaming

USG: Are you surprised by Persona's popularity in North America?

Living in Japan, I can’t get direct feedback, so it’s hard for me to fully understand the overseas popularity. Persona 5 is unabashedly Japanese, going so far as to cover Japanese politics a bit. I can’t imagine what kind of response that will garner from western fans. But I keep hearing that they’re excited for its release, so I’m interested to see how the story is received overseas. Japanese genre fiction tends to deal with heroes fighting invaders from outside their society. In the west, however, these types of stories typically deal with outcasts within a society. Think Batman and the Joker, a relationship that has always struck a chord with fans. In the same vein, Persona 5 tells a story in which the heroes battle against villains risen from within their own society. Perhaps we’ll get a different response from overseas players than we have from previous games. I’m excited and anxious to find out.

USgamer's interview with Hashino is extremely good

Dragner

What is a good level to try Reaper?. I remember I facerolled him in P4 around the time I was grinding to face Margaret but I would prefer a balanced challenge this time.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
let me guess:
you got owned by the reaper?

Reenactment of my reaction during the "fight".

tenorijk96.gif

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What is a good level to try Reaper?. I remember I facerolled him in P4 around the time I was grinding to face Margaret but I would prefer a balanced challenge this time.

99 lol. Dunno Reaper is insane in this game only way I beat him was via special weather. In P4 and P3 they felt pretty beatable.
But at that point I was like 70 something with non optimized Persona. They still would be able to take insane amounts of dmg.

Kolx

Have you finished the second palace yet? If yes
You can encounter treasure demons like the one of the museum in Mementos. There's also an item to make them spawn more frequently that you can craft.
There are various treasure demons the late game ones naturally give more money.

Yeah just finished the 3rd dungeon. What is the name of the item if I may ask?

All credit goes to
http://www.ggez.space/parameters/

but basically it takes a lot more points to raise knowledge. Level 2 knowledge takes 20 points and everything else takes under 10. In total, it takes 105 points in knowledge to reach level 5 vs 64 in courage, 55 in handiness (I forget the proper translation of that one) 82 in kindness and 79 in charm. Huge difference. Level 3 has a huge bump too. 47 for knowledge, but 16 for courage, 21 for handiness, 28 for kindness and 32 for charm( up from 4)

Hope this helps.

I think knowledge has a way higher threshold to raise a level than all the other stats because it's offset by all the opportunities for points you have (all the classroom quiz questions, for example). I don't have proof of this though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah just finished the 3rd dungeon. What is the name of the item if I may ask?
I think in Japanese it was Takarama hoi hoi. Treasure demon hoi hoi? Not sure what they went with. I don't know when but it's definitely one of the tools you can build later like lockpicks.

Alavard

All credit goes to

but basically it takes a lot more points to raise knowledge. Level 2 knowledge takes 20 points and everything else takes under 10. In total, it takes 105 points in knowledge to reach level 5 vs 64 in courage, 55 in handiness (I forget the proper translation of that one) 82 in kindness and 79 in charm. Huge difference. Level 3 has a huge bump too. 47 for knowledge, but 16 for courage, 21 for handiness, 28 for kindness and 32 for charm( up from 4)

Hope this helps.

! Thank you for this.

Weebos

Banned
So, I have a theory regarding the framing story of this game, keep in mind I'm in early November so there are obviously things I don't know:
I think the interrogation is taking place within Sae's Palace. Seems kind of wild, but that is the only "easy" explanation for the arrest cinematic at the beginning of the game.

I don't want to know either way, but if I'm wrong I though it might be an interesting thing for people who beat the game already to read lol.

Joeku

In the evening song, does the lyric go "I'm a Cheshire too, at this masquerade"? Cuz it's driving me nuts that I'm not sure.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
43 hours and haven't started the fifth dungeon yet. That summer vacation was so boring. All I did was try to raise my stats.

Dragner

Are guns good for anything? I only use them to set up AOAs.

Im still using free upgrades. I dont bother with them. Theres a S.Link for them but ill pass on that. Not worth on 1st playthrough at least for me.

43 hours and haven't started the fifth dungeon yet. That summer vacation was so boring. All I did was try to raise my stats.

I welcome the boring free time. My stats were lacking heavily there.

RS4-

When you first meet Takemi, you don't get a persona from her do you?

I think I fucked up and might've fused it before registering it.

In mid August now and my Proficiency and Charm are maxed, Knowledge and Guts at 4, and Kindness at 3. Was not expecting to get them this high already, but it gives me more time to focus on my Confidants.

Yu Narukami

All credit goes to

Hope this helps.
I think I read a spoiler there about the name of a Palace.

_Ryo_

In the evening song, does the lyric go "I'm a Cheshire too, at this masquerade"? Cuz it's driving me nuts that I'm not sure.

Lyrics.

Beneath the Mask

Where have you been?
Been searching all along
Came facing twilight on and on
Without a clue
Without a sign
Without grasping yet
The real question to be asked
Where have I been?

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
Hiding both face and mind
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
What else should I be?
Please don't take off my mask
Revealing dark

Moments of calm
Nothing left to be found
A mirror right in front of me
That's where I find
An empty glass
Reflecting the sad truth
It's telling words not to be told
I need the mask

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
Chained down to my core
My place to hide

I can't tell you
How to see me
Just a cage of bones
There's nothing inside
Will it unleash me?
Burning down the walls
Is there a way
For me to break?

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
Have no face to show
My disguise

nOoblet16

C885W0QXoAAl_fY.jpg:large

The sharing feature being locked sucks. I just want to take some ingame pictures.
Yup.
So many times I wanted to take a picture because of some dialogue but I can't. It's saying something when a game that GAF is so big on doesn't have any screenshots in the screenshot thread.

Gala

I think I'm close to finishing the game. I have a question regarding the ending and would appreciate a mostly spoiler free answer, if possible.

My question is
is there more than a good ending? is there a true ending,
if so will the game make the option for the true ending clear to me?

daveo42

Banned
C885W0QXoAAl_fY.jpg:large

The sharing feature being locked sucks. I just want to take some ingame pictures.

Same...post-palace 2/pre-palace 3 had some real great moments I wanted to screenshot, mostly surrounding
Makoto trying to stealthfully follow Joker around town.

Chaos17

I think I'm close to finishing the game. I have a question regarding the ending and would appreciate a mostly spoiler free answer, if possible.

My question is
is there more than a good ending? is there a true ending,
if so will the game make the option for the true ending clear to me?
Yes, Google it if you to know the truth.

Palace 5 is trash, it's never ending-_-
My fun per hour ratio is rapidly dropping.

If there was literally an option to just skip the palaces after an hour, I would take it in a heartbeat.

There's barely any narrative development once you're in, and without spamming items or s-links, you can't really run from enemies. It's just one 4-6 hour backtracking slog.

Chaos17

why did the game introduce haru so damn late? she shouldve been late august/early september character. you could barely spend any time with her
Because stupid plot. I hope it will pick up at the end of 5th dungeon because I'm getting bored of
fated encounter bullshit

RalchAC

Same...post-palace 2/pre-palace 3 had some real great moments I wanted to screenshot, mostly surrounding
Makoto trying to stealthfully follow Joker around town.

Yeah, it was an amazing detail. I think one day I was casually at school, and I saw
her weirdly walking around while reading a magazine.
. I went to have a talk because whatever, and then I started to wander around
only to have her following me.

I still haven't clear the 3rd dungeon (I was doing some Mementos stuff before going to bed) but I really like the first little bits of her character arc.

The game feels much more story heavy than previous Persona games, and the pace is quite slow to boot, but I really like what I've read so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom