• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Palace 5 is trash, it's never ending-_-
Yea after the high note of palace 4 I was like wtf is this shit? Firstly the music is absolutely dog shit. Secondly, this setting could have been extremely interesting but what you get is just a boring looking environment and there's nothing that makes you feel like you are in the place that the game tells you're suppose to be in. And finally the reason for that palace being what it was, was off.
I mean it's in space because he seems out of reach. Come on?
. The themes made so much sense for the previous ones.

Meier

First time fighting Maderame did not go well since I had Ryuji and his wind weakness. Second time was an absolute breeze -- kudos to the person who also suggested getting
Kitagawa
to 18 for his group melee attack. That was clutch.

I am on the third palace now at 26 hours and kind of curious how many palaces there are and how I'm going to get to 100+ hours before the end. Things must really slow down eventually.

All credit goes to
http://www.ggez.space/parameters/

but basically it takes a lot more points to raise knowledge. Level 2 knowledge takes 20 points and everything else takes under 10. In total, it takes 105 points in knowledge to reach level 5 vs 64 in courage, 55 in handiness (I forget the proper translation of that one) 82 in kindness and 79 in charm. Huge difference. Level 3 has a huge bump too. 47 for knowledge, but 16 for courage, 21 for handiness, 28 for kindness and 32 for charm( up from 4).

Cheers. I was wondering when the hell my Knowledge would go to rank 3. I think everything else is up to 3 now but Knowledge is holding firm at 2. Charm may still be 2 as well..

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Morgana wants you to go to sleep because Morgana wants to sleep and they use you as their bed.

Fucking cats man.

Persona 5 got me back into gaming. I played for about 6 hours over the weekend which is more than the total amount of hours I've played all year (0).

aravuus

Yeah, it was an amazing detail. I think one day I was casually at school, and I saw
her weirdly walking around while reading a magazine.
. I went to have a talk because whatever, and then I started to wander around
only to have her following me.

Oh god damn it, I never noticed this lol. One more thing to look forward to on NG+, then.

Man, if there's ever a Morgana-heavy story section to the game where it relies on you caring about him to work emotionally most of y'all gonna be falling asleep or reading a book with your other hand.

Dragner

Early May spoilers
Is knowledge level 2 good enough for the exams

Is enough for some charm bosting because you will be over the average if you answer all correctly. But you wont be top 10. You study all you can because you need max knowledge for the OP Star Social Link

Applebite

Not really.
You can't top that exam unless you have knowledge at 4..Which is not really possible in first run.
Does that have any ramifications for the rest of the game?
I wanted to top that exam as well but obviously couldn't, and I was wondering if it has any impact on any relationships or anything.

R0ckman

Normally I dislike DLCs of that kind but I am fine with them here cause you do something good in donating money to the company that made this great game. And to be honest, with all this content and time you spend with the game it's at least worth as much as three times the price of a normal AAA Title you throw away after 8-10 hours...

Yeah since this game is built around replaying I'm ok with this DLC.

FluxWaveZ

Yusuke's my favorite guy so far. He's incredibly dense and it makes for so many great moments. His text messages are hilarious too.

The thing is that, while being socially dense, he's also wise. It's a great balance. I didn't understand at first why Yusuke would be voiced by Sugita in the Japanese version, but now it totally makes sense when thinking about Gintoki Sakata.

Yusuke is awesome, I love how dense he is. He always seems like he's in another world and leads to some great lines and moments lol. The whole cast so far is fantastic, yes even Morgana when he's not telling me to sleep.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yea after the high note of palace 4 I was like wtf is this shit? Firstly the music is absolutely dog shit. Secondly, this setting could have been extremely interesting but what you get is just a boring looking environment and there's nothing that makes you feel like you are in the place that the game tells you're suppose to be in. And finally the reason for that palace being what it was, was off.
I mean it's in space because he seems out of reach. Come on?
. The themes made so much sense for the previous ones

What do you mean with out of reach? It's space themed because he's going to ascend from the corporate realm into the political one which for him is to the next stage to bigger and wider pastures. As for why in space specifically in general it's connected to his childhood memories as you'll learn once you finish the dungeon. Dunno it makes perfect sense actually.

I'll concede though that it has the worst dungeon gimmick for me personally. People always rag on the one after that which I think is because people are just bad at the game to navigate through it. If you know what you're doing it's super easy to speed run through quick and painless. This dungeon though has a lot of non skippable things you can't rush through as easily really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
easy way to raise my guts? I want my
death
social link :(

dawgparty

I guess the answer to this could be considered a spoiler, but which party members learn the Media spells? I really don't want to use
Morgana
for long.

duckroll

This second Palace plot is really fucking anime. Like, the framing case is definitely interesting and a social issue worth highlighting, but then they have to throw in the drama nonsense to enforce a deadline and it's really stupid!

What should we do to make this guy who has no connection whatsoever to the main characters enforce a deadline on the dungeon?! Oh oh I know! Let's abuse Ann's sexuality again! ~Protect~her~chastity~ Yesssssssssssssssssssssss. Anime as fuck. Dumb and out of nowhere.

Weebos

Banned
This second Palace plot is really fucking anime. Like, the framing case is definitely interesting and a social issue worth highlighting, but then they have to throw in the drama nonsense to enforce a deadline and it's really stupid!

What should we do to make this guy who has no connection whatsoever to the main characters enforce a deadline on the dungeon?! Oh oh I know! Let's abuse Ann's sexuality again! ~Protect~her~chastity~ Yesssssssssssssssssssssss. Anime as fuck. Dumb and out of nowhere.

That will change rather quickly, it isn't the thing that ends up being the deadline for that dungeon.

Yes.

Were you and your friend molested or almost melted by your previous teacher? That's a crme that deserves worth than death. But hey btw, can you strip in front of a stranger? Everything hinges on it so you HAVE to do it. Also this cat is going to hit on you every three minutes for the next six months

The tone is all over the place.

PixelatedBookake

What's really weird about Ann is that the game is always treating her as the object/victim of sexuality which is done almost every time there is an anime cutscene. On the plus side, no other female characters get that treatment further down the line that I know of.

Yes.

Were you and your friend molested or almost melted by your previous teacher? That's a crme that deserves worth than death. But hey btw, can you strip in front of a stranger? Everything hinges on it so you HAVE to do it. Also this cat is going to hit on you every three minutes for the next six months

Yeah, I really can't stand the constant insistence that Ann is hot and Morgana is in love with her. Probably just because Ann is a goofy American blonde? Hopefully those two get better with more progress in their social links, but I'm not feeling those interactions in the meantime.

Totakeke

Yes.

I don't quite understand why people were perplexed by
the whole pervy angle of that situation. Drawing people nude isn't a foreign concept to art so Yusuke was being honest and serious when he said he didn't care about the sexuality part of his request. It was the team that played that angle up and that's understandable too.

Also Morgana doesn't really do the "Lady Ann" thing much after a while. Plus it's more to play up the "gentleman thief" Morgana aspires to be than anything else.

For people who've beaten the game,
is the mementos sphere the final boss.
haven't gotten all the skills for the party so might grind for a bit if that's the case.

Yes.

Where did they ever say that
Ann was expected to actually strip? I read it as using that as a pretext to get into the house and then she was supposed to figure out a way into the room. I don't recall anyone ever expecting Ann to actually have to get naked.

All of the deadline justifications so far are kind of stupid. First palace spoiliers:

Why would he have to wait weeks to expel students? That should have been done the next day.

Where did they ever say that
Ann was expected to actually strip? I read it as using that as a pretext to get into the house and then she was supposed to figure out a way into the room. I don't recall anyone ever expecting Ann to actually have to get naked.

All of the deadline justifications so far are kind of stupid. First palace spoiliers:

Why would he have to wait weeks to expel students? That should have been done the next day.

As an aside: you can command the stumbling drunk in Yongen to strip.

Cess007

Oh man, I think I'm getting obsessed with this game. Last night, I tried to sleep and every single time I closed my eyes, the music started playing in my head D:

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Bureaucracy. Should be pretty relatable at least for the US given how fucked up it can there :p *half kidding*
In all seriousness I'm actually not really familiar with how it is in Japan. Where I live where highschool is mandatory expelling students just like that isn't a trivial thing to do especially when you're a run out of the mill single subject teacher and suspensions aren't a thing here as well as far as I know.

FluxWaveZ

I'd think, in Japan, it'd have to be a bit more complicated than that when it's coming from a teacher's selfish reasons and not from a principal or something. Leaving room for appeals and such; it's why it'd need to be brought up at an official board meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom