• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterAstro

Ugh, I'm in a new dungeon and every enemy I fight, I can't because "I can't have anymore masks."

I literally cannot fight anything here and it's getting really stupid.

Domstercool

Ugh, I'm in a new dungeon and every enemy I fight, I can't because "I can't have anymore masks."

I literally cannot fight anything here and it's getting really stupid.

Fuse some new ones or delete the worthless ones from your list (don't forget to register any levels it has gained in the compendium).

I'd think, in Japan, it'd have to be a bit more complicated than that when it's coming from a teacher's selfish reasons and not from a principal or something. Leaving room for appeals and such; it's why it'd need to be brought up at an official board meeting.

To be technically expelled, sure. But I would think they would have been suspended immediately pending a final expulsion determination.

LiK

Not sure why the game keeps teasing me with that gun that requires Dauntless Guts to buy. They offered that way too early, imo, lol

Yusuke's my favorite guy so far. He's incredibly dense and it makes for so many great moments. His text messages are hilarious too.

My favourite bit with him is (4th dungeon spoilers)
when the gang has to research on Medjet, and he ends up researching the mythological figure IN GREAT DETAIL instead of their actual target.

WaterAstro

Fuse some new ones or delete the worthless ones from your list (don't forget to register any levels it has gained in the compendium).

But why does that matter? I want to fight enemies, not get some error.

Oh actually it says "I already have the mask" also, still shouldn't prevent me from fighting them.

Domstercool

Oh actually it says "I already have the mask", still shouldn't prevent me from fighting them.

Oh, you're on about the skill! That's a confidant skill that lets you instantly kill a weak enemy from behind. Hit him from the front if you want to fight normally (or find harder enemies).

Totakeke

Oh actually it says "I already have the mask", still shouldn't prevent me from fighting them.

That only happens when you ambush and when you're overleveled. So unless you decide not to ambush them you won't fight them regardless.

My favourite bit with him is (4th dungeon spoilers)
when the gang has to research on Medjet, and he ends up researching the mythological figure IN GREAT DETAIL instead of their actual target.

It's the first persona cast where I find all the characters likeable. No yukiko or Ken to be found in the group.

WaterAstro

That only happens when you ambush and when you're overleveled. So unless you decide not to ambush them you won't fight them regardless.

That's weird. I'm being punished for ambushing them...

Oh, you're on about the skill! That's a confidant skill that lets you instantly kill a weak enemy from behind. Hit him from the front if you want to fight normally (or find harder enemies).

Am I getting the xp and stuff?

Kalentan

I'm personally not a fan of the whole, "Ambush instant kill" you get sometimes. Cause it gives you the enemy mask but no exp or money. Worse, if you have masks full then you get nothing. Happened to me 3 times in a row where it told me I had too many masks...

Totakeke

I'm personally not a fan of the whole, "Ambush instant kill" you get sometimes. Cause it gives you the enemy mask but no exp or money. Worse, if you have masks full then you get nothing. Happened to me 3 times in a row where it told me I had too many masks...

Eh. You're already overleveled compared to that enemy (>10 levels), and still you want to fight more mobs? You guys must really enjoy the trash encounters. I appreciate the mechanic being in there.

Kalentan

Eh. You're already overleveled compared to that enemy (>10 levels), and still you want to fight more mobs? You guys must really enjoy the trash encounters. I appreciate the mechanic being in there.

Unless I'm trying to get somewhere in Mementos, I kill every. single. trash. mob.

It's only happens if enemies are super low level from you. I like it. You spend less time fighting shadows that give almost 0 exp. And you waste no sp. Sp is precious when running through dungeons.

Domstercool

That's weird. I'm being punished for ambushing them...

Am I getting the xp and stuff?

I don't think so. You'd get only a very small amount of XP if it's a blue enemy. Have you fought them from the front to see how the battle plays out? You'll probably defeat them quite fast.

Rarius

Also... Why does the DLC version of Sho's persona look so weird? It looks like Izanagi (Which, considering the history of the character his Persona is based on, makes sense), but it isn't what his persona is supposed to look like.

TuXx

Not sure why the game keeps teasing me with that gun that requires Dauntless Guts to buy. They offered that way too early, imo, lol

They definitely did.
by the time you increase your guts to be that high, you already have access to other guns that do way more damage.

Kalentan

It's only happens if enemies are super low level from you. I like it. You spend less time fighting shadows that give almost 0 exp. And you waste no sp. Sp is precious when running through dungeons.

Eh, I use the SP gain accessories so if anything fighting trash mobs let's me get more SP. Actually helped me in Palace 5 where my MC got really low on SP due to having to spam a lot of high cost abilites and so fighting trash mobs let it get back up to over 100.

duckroll

All of the deadline justifications so far are kind of stupid. First palace spoiliers:

Why would he have to wait weeks to expel students? That should have been done the next day.

Because the BOOOOOOOOOARD MEEEEEEEEEEETING!!!! Roflmao. The funniest part about it is how he threatens to expel you by then, and then stands around every day TAUNTING you about expelling you. It's just so over the top and comic. I love Persona for the audacity even as I hate Persona for being so predictably stupid. Hahaha.

PK Gaming

To be technically expelled, sure. But I would think they would have been suspended immediately pending a final expulsion determination.

Only principals have the authority to suspend someone though, yeah?
He probably felt that going to the principal for an immediate suspension was redundant. Plus, i'm pretty sure he taunts them about savoring their last days at school, so he also wanted them to squirm before their lives were ruined. Also gameplay.

Quick question: If I already have a certain Treasure Demon registered, would it be better to kill a repeat I run into in Momentos? Or ask for money??

Yes, but I don't get the ambush advantage in the fight.

It's only happening because you're super over-leveled. I'm not sure what you're worried about.

duckroll

Only principals have the authority to suspend someone though, yeah?
He probably felt that going to the principal for an immediate suspension was redundant. Plus, i'm pretty sure he taunts them about savoring their last days at school, so he also wanted them to squirm before their lives were ruined.

Yes but this logic only works in Persona because the entire game is silly like that. Logically, Ryuji would have been suspended immediately just for calling a teacher a "bastard" and a "son of a bitch" to his face. I love how ridiculous the language in the game is for teenagers speaking to adults without really getting in trouble. It fits the entire badass edgelord FIGHT THE POWER and REBEL AGAINST THE WORLD shit that the game is built around. But realistic, it is not!

Opa-Pa

Made it to the 4th dungeon last night, the setup was very interesting. I like how intriguing the game can be sometimes.

Also that ambush ability legit sounds like the worst thing in the game lmao... I don't even know if I want to finish Ryuji' social link anymore.

Corpekata

Banned
Regarding Social Links, do the blue point things carry over between levels?

Like for instance say I'm like 1 point away from being ready to bump up a character's link, do any extra I get beyond the 1 carry over toward progress of the next level, or it just hard capped until you complete the level?

Welp, I met Becky...

That was awkward af lmao

It gets better.

Becky is best girl.

Yes but this logic only works in Persona because the entire game is silly like that. Logically, Ryuji would have been suspended immediately just for calling a teacher a "bastard" and a "son of a bitch" to his face. I love how ridiculous the language in the game is for teenagers speaking to adults without really getting in trouble. It fits the entire badass edgelord FIGHT THE POWER and REBEL AGAINST THE WORLD shit that the game is built around. But realistic, it is not!

They're Japanese teachers. They probably would normally apologize to the student yelling at them then go watch a student bully another one and do nothing about it.

SOLDIER

Two non-spoiler questions:

1. Since I was using the manga as a source for the protagonist's name, do they have a canon name for the group as well?

2. Can someone post a HQ image of Morgana's "Mission Accomplished" art from the All-Out-Attack? I don't want to GIS for fear of spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom