• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I thought I was going to hate Yusuke when I first encountered him. I felt like the artist angle was really going to grate on me.

But damn, dude's awesome both inside the palace and outside.
I caught him mumbling to himself in the
Planetarium
(minor side-location spoiler) while I was there with Mishima just the other day. He's got some great lines.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but I don't get the ambush advantage in the fight.

I mean sure but I believe the game is balanced in a way where that advantage would become meaningless anyway in cases where you would instakill them in an ambush.
Reason: The condition intrinsically makes you that much higher level that you're attacking first anyway and kill them in the first round too. Dunno maybe I just got lucky but that's my experience.

Opa-Pa

Should I attempt to kill Treasure Demons that I already have registered? Anyone know?

What are their rewards?

I think you always get the same experience and money regardless. I just talk to them every time in fear that I won't kill them in time and they join automatically. Plus, sacrificing them nets you a 3x exp bonus.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I killed the Reaper in Mementos.

He gave me 72,000 exp.

Everyone levelled 7 times lmao.

aravuus

I thought I was going to hate Yusuke when I first encountered him. I felt like the artist angle was really going to grate on me.

Planetarium
(minor side-location spoiler) while I was there with Mishima just the other day. He's got some great lines.

Oh yeah, he's amazing. Can't wait to continue his Confidant stuff when I get out of the fourth dungeon!

And speaking of the fourth dungeon, I've been idling for the last 15 minutes, just listening to the song lmao. No wonder I'm at like 60 hours already. The song gives me similar vibes to the one in P4 that plays during (P4 spoilerssss)
Nanako's dungeon.

Kalentan

Question about the last palace...

So it's obviously going to end where the game begins... So if I complete the palace early will the game end early?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Question about the last palace...

So it's obviously going to end where the game begins... So if I complete the palace early will the game end early?
Don't take it the wrong way but you should make less assumptions really. They've been generally wrong.

Kalentan

Don't take it the wrong way but you should make less assumptions really. They've been generally wrong.

Well that's a nice way of being mean.

You really shouldn't ask questions like this. The game has your back regarding this, so just play.

Fair enough but considering how the game loves to lock you into stuff, I wasn't going to be shocked if that what did happened.

I'm down to the wire and I am hoping to get as much stuff done before the end.

muteki

Wish I would have known about the SP drinks scattered around the vending machines earlier on.

Don't think it would have made my 2-day palace trips in to 1-day but probably would have made it less stressful.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Seventh dungeon spoilers

Stuck trying to get up to the pool. The doors in the hallways are all locked, and if you turn the statues off you can't use the vents as a rat anymore... I'm stuck no matter where I go?

Jiraiza

Planetarium

Yeah, Yusuke's pretty funny. Bless Sugita and his VA, too.

I'm kind of sad there isn't more voiced lines for the MC so I can listen to Sugita, Miyano, and Jun banter all day.

On another note, Ryuji, Yusuke, and Makoto seem like the power team so far for me. Kind of hurts not having a Media on another member when the going gets tough, though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's a nice way of being mean.
Apologies I honestly didn't really intend to be mean. I'm open to suggestions of how I could have communicated my observations on you making lots of assumption that have proven to be wrong that it almost seemed like a pattern to me in a more amicable light.
To be fair it might have just been coincidence of me seeing those post and those post ending up being that thus reinforcing a false image. If you judge yourself as someone that doesn't think of themselves as someone that jumps to conclusions too fast that might end up being wrong I'll take your word for it and consider it as coincidence.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What level were you?

I've GOTTA know your level, man.

And does the Reaper's strength vary by how deep you are?

I believe the Reaper is always lvl 99.

However if you go during a Flu day (starts 11/13), there is a chance he will enter the battle with Despair.

All you have to do is wait 3 turns and he will kill himself lol.

Kolx

Do I need to register a persona to have it in my compendium? or can I just discard it after taking it immediately and I'd still have it in the compendium?

Linkura

So, I have a theory regarding the framing story of this game, keep in mind I'm in early November so there are obviously things I don't know:
I think the interrogation is taking place within Sae's Palace. Seems kind of wild, but that is the only "easy" explanation for the arrest cinematic at the beginning of the game.

I don't want to know either way, but if I'm wrong I though it might be an interesting thing for people who beat the game already to read lol.

Shit this is a pretty good theory. I hope it's true.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Mementos question (early character spoiler):

Are missions missable? If I miss out a text from Mishima, will I miss that mission?

Just got to the end of palace 5, all I gotta do is send the calling card and I'll be done with this god forsaken palace. Palace 5 really killed my excited for the game so far, I had a feeling 4 was the peak. But we'll see if they pick it back up with 6.

Kalentan

Apologies I honestly didn't really intend to be mean. I'm open to suggestions of how I could have communicated my observations on you making lots of assumption that have proven to be wrong that it almost seemed like a pattern to me in a more amicable light.
To be fair it might have just been coincidence of me seeing those post and those post ending up being that thus reinforcing a false image. If you judge yourself as someone that doesn't think of themselves as someone that jumps to conclusions too fast that might end up being wrong I'll take your word for it and consider it as coincidence.

It's all good. Didn't really realize I was making so many assumptions. Maybe I guess in relation to remembering how things worked in Persona 4 in relation to this? I've asked questions no doubt though.

I believe the Reaper is always lvl 99.

However if you go during a Flu day (starts 11/13), there is a chance he will enter the battle with Despair.

All you have to do is wait 3 turns and he will kill himself lol.

Amazing, I love little things like this. Does this nix the trophy?

Mementos question (early character spoiler):

Are missions missable? If I miss out a text from Mishima, will I miss that mission?

I've been wondering about this too. I've defeated the 2nd palace and I haven't gotten any more requests from him, I check my texts every day.

Just got to the end of palace 5, all I gotta do is send the calling card and I'll be done with this god forsaken palace. Palace 5 really killed my excited for the game so far, I had a feeling 4 was the peak. But we'll see if they pick it back up with 6.

Its interesting to see the wide range of reactions to dungeons.

ATM I'd rank them
3>5>4>2>6>1.

Although 5 ranks so highly cause of the boss that brings the whole dungeon together, one of my favourites in jrpgs for sure.

Dany

Banned
How are some of you in september or october!? I'm in mid may still ;_;

I love that whenever you begin a new social link, the game time travels forward...it gets me every time.

Weiss

Banned
Holy shit the fifth dungeon boss

If you're afflicted with Hunger when he uses the Big Bang Challenge it heals you. I love this game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seriously all I wanna do is return a DVD and the game won't let me, it's already overdue lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom