• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got to the end of palace 5, all I gotta do is send the calling card and I'll be done with this god forsaken palace. Palace 5 really killed my excited for the game so far, I had a feeling 4 was the peak. But we'll see if they pick it back up with 6.

Barracks is the worst part of that palace, tbh. My thoughts were essentially echoed by
the overworked employees groaning on about how tired they are

Barracks is the worst part of that palace, tbh. My thoughts were essentially echoed by
the overworked employees groaning on about how tired they are

The worst thing is how forgettable that dungeon song is compared to other dungeons. Next dungeon can be a pain depending on the player but the song is at least good enough to keep you entertained.

Jiraiza

I just wanna say. Cat in the bag is 10000 out of 10 cute.

Sure, until he decides to never let you do anything. God damn cat.

OTW0Bin.jpg

Kalentan

I have the mixed-est feelings on this character, I'm both surprised and unsurprised that they haven't shown up in person

I feel like they should have did a full person cameo for at least one character. Like how cool would it have been if Yu is in Toyko and somehow ends up in Mementos and you find him and do a little side mission with him as a temp party member before he bids fair well. That would have been cool.

FluxWaveZ

I feel like they should have did a full person cameo for at least one character. Like how cool would it have been if Yu is in Toyko and somehow ends up in Mementos and you find him and do a little side mission with him as a temp party member before he bids fair well. That would have been cool.

I would not have liked that.

bigedole

After this, I'll never idle/pause ever again in Mementos. Not even in the safe spaces. Just in case. I have seen the devil. :(

You can push the ps button on the controller to go back to the system UI if you want to step away. It basically pauses the game (other than loading will complete). Like the timer on the game clock won't increase while you're in the system UI.

Got tired of waiting for new requests to show up and decided to go through the current floors in mementos. Though, as I was grinding I noticed something. A lot of times at the end of a battle it say that I've gotten 50-60 XP, but when I check the stats for MC, it seems like I've gotten a lot less.

Am I missing something?

pbayne

The second form personas have been a bit disappointing for me so far. Ann and Makoto's first forms are way cooler.

Mid-October After 5th palace

Lol that boss was eh...strange. Oh shit things are ramping up now.
Cant stop playing.

Opa-Pa

So, can anyone confirm whether Ryuji's ambush ability still works when he's on the bench or not? I need to know if I'll rank him up or not...

Also I'm regretting not calling my team the Phantom SJWs :(

Kalentan

I would not have liked that.

Wouldn't have to be that character specifically but I think it's nice. I mean they go out of their way to have all of these games taking place in the same universe and keep a consistant timeline. They mind as well take advantage of that. Plus it's not like it hasn't sort of happened before. IIRC a main character in P1 was a party member in P2.

Narukami's
already there
eating his beef rice bowl

Wait what? Where can I go to see that? The Beef Bowl shop?

Jurou_Tenshi

Neo Member
Its interesting to see the wide range of reactions to dungeons.

ATM I'd rank them
3>5>4>2>6>1.

Although 5 ranks so highly cause of the boss that brings the whole dungeon together, one of my favourites in jrpgs for sure.

I didn't like 3 that much. The enemies were so annoying and they all
resisted physical
so I couldn't conserve my SP particularly well. I barely made it out alive since I always do the infiltrations in one day.

2 was lots of fun with good puzzles. The boss was super interesting too.

Just went to 4 to survey and it looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

P.S. Futaba is a qt
and kawakami too. Maybe it's just my soft spot for Michelle Ruff.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know what the Team Name is from the Manga? Didnt know you have to choose a name for the team until I saw an article about it on Kotaku. Does the Manga have a name for the Team or any of the Anime released so far?

Is it the Phantom Thieves of Hearts? Think that is too big to fit in the text box though.

Domstercool

Anyone know what the Team Name is from the Manga? Didnt know you have to choose a name for the team until I saw an article about it on Kotaku. Does the Manga have a name for the Team or any of the Anime released so far?

Is it the Phantom Thieves of Hearts? Think that is too big to fit in the text box though.

You don't have that many spaces. I just left it as its default, because it seems weird to stick something else in when the game speaks "The Phantom Thieves" and replaces the subtitles with your selected name.

PK Gaming

It's actually a good thing. See, the ability description is misleading; it pretty much only activates against enemies that are noticeably lower leveled than you are. This way, you don't have to waste SP to trash them, and you move at a quicker pace.

You can occasionally get Personas from this as well.

Fandangox

Wouldn't have to be that character specifically but I think it's nice. I mean they go out of their way to have all of these games taking place in the same universe and keep a consistant timeline. They mind as well take advantage of that. Plus it's not like it hasn't sort of happened before. IIRC a main character in P1 was a party member in P2.[/SPOILER]

The MC wasnt in P2 directly, but he was in a flashback. Other party members from the first game show up and some get to be playable for a while.

Vic_Viper

You don't have that many spaces. I just left it as its default, because it seems weird to stick something else in when the game speaks "The Phantom Thieves" and replaces the subtitles with your selected name.

Ok, didnt realize there was a default option. Havent gotten to that part yet in game. That helps. Although I might end up going with something like the Thieves Guild or something.

R0ckman

I don't understand
Akechi's
logic, just met him and I'm in July, for arguments sake at the basic level it sounds like he complains that
you aren't playing by the established rules, regardless of them being corrupt and he doesn't like it!
Really weak, sounds basically like he's saying fall in line. I guess the problem is that the game is trying to make you an anti-hero, but the enemies are so damned terrible in comparison that any attempt to self-reflect on your role in the game fails.

Kalentan

The MC wasnt in P2 directly, but he was in a flashback. Other party members from the first game show up and some get to be playable for a while.

That's what I meant, though I think my usage of Main Character made it confusing. I mean one of the main characters (other than the MC themself), should have said one of the party members.

Ugh, I feel like I'm running out of time. I'm at 9/17 and still haven't maxed out a single social link...

Hope I get free time again soon.

O_O Wow seriously? Are your stats at least max?

I'm almost max with Death in June......

Might romance her if charm wasn't such a high requirement. Might just save scum the romance since its literally 2 ranks.

FluxWaveZ

I don't understand
Akechi's
logic, just met him and I'm in July, for arguments sake at the basic level it sounds like he complains that
you aren't playing by the established rules, regardless of them being corrupt and he doesn't like it!
Really weak, sounds basically like he's saying fall in line. I guess the problem is that the game is trying to make you an anti-hero, but the enemies are so damned terrible in comparison that any attempt to self-reflect on your role in the game fails.

What do you mean? Are you referring to
his arguments against the morality of changing a person's personality? Because, really, what the Phantom Thieves are doing is immoral in that regard, and it would be considered a crime. They don't have a choice,
and what they're doing is ultimately for the greater good, but it's still not devoid of moral ambiguity.

_Ryo_

Yo, this is embarrassing as hell but I fucking suck at the stealth mechanics. Now only like 8 days left and I'm only halfway through the first palace at 8 hours of play time. :X

Auctopus

Makoto's
Metaverse outfit is one of the coolest character designs I've seen in a while.

Also, I'm gonna duck out this thread for now. Getting spoiled on things due to pretty lax use of spoiler tagging.

O_O Wow seriously? Are your stats at least max?

I'm almost max with Death in June......

Might romance her if charm wasn't such a high requirement. Might just save scum the romance since its literally 2 ranks.

Only have Charm at max level, rest is at 4.

I didn't really focus on a single social link up until recently so I have lots that are level 6-7. They will probably start popping near the end of the game, like I had in P4G.

Why, you'll never get on it.

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DAMNNNNNN SON

I believe the Reaper is always lvl 99.

However if you go during a Flu day (starts 11/13), there is a chance he will enter the battle with Despair.

All you have to do is wait 3 turns and he will kill himself lol.

This is UNREAL. Oh boy am I tempted to try my luck at this.

By the first part in June
Posters of Rise and Kanamin, overt references to Chie, but that's all I've encountered

I've seen everything but
the Chie references!

Where are those?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Makoto's
Metaverse outfit is one of the coolest character designs I've seen in a while.

Also, I'm gonna duck out this thread for now. Getting spoiled on things due to pretty lax use of spoiler tagging.

Yeah, i'm treading more lightly now too. Sometimes I just happen to catch something in this thread that would have been a great surprise if I happened upon it naturally. It's too bad.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Only have Charm at max level, rest is at 4.

I didn't really focus on a single social link up until recently so I have lots that are level 6-7. They will probably start popping near the end of the game, like I had in P4G.

Actually sounds rather good seems similar to what I had. I believe I maxed out all but empress and tower before the start of december. Only slightly worrying is 4 stats not being at 5. I don't really remember where my stats where at that point. I only know that courage was my last stat to max out.

kenta

Has no PEINS
A couple of questions that I hope someone can help with (apologies if some of this stuff has been covered in the thread -- frankly I'm trying to come in here as sparingly as possible)

- As soon as I beat the 2nd dungeon boss I realized I had kind of screwed myself in terms of grinding. I've got over a week until the deadline but I've gone as far as I can in Mementos at this point, not to mention the enemies in there right now are weak and kind of a waste of time to fight against since they give such little experience. Is there anything I can do to gain some levels until the next dungeon opens up or did I paint myself into a corner?

- Speaking of grinding, what do you guys do? Just go back through a palace a few times or something? I planned on using the Mementos for grinding but didn't expect them to be gated the way that they apparently are

- Is there a shop that sells revival items? I can't remember if I came across one or not, but it's taking longer than I expected to learn a revive ability of my own

- I really appreciate the ability to see, via the rail map, whether or not hanging out with a confidant will increase the rank or not (R1, R1, Square for those who haven't found it). But is it worth it to hang out with a confidant even when it won't rank up? Is it essential to leveling them up?

Hikami

Just got to the end of palace 5, all I gotta do is send the calling card and I'll be done with this god forsaken palace. Palace 5 really killed my excited for the game so far, I had a feeling 4 was the peak. But we'll see if they pick it back up with 6.

Just finished this one. I only didn't like the
key card stuff at the start.
I thought the rest was pretty fun.
You didn't have much cover in some places and this is where infiltration tools like the smokescreen/cloak thing shined. The airlock puzzles actually made me think a bit. The boss is one of my favorites, especially with the timer. Gave me a sense of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom