• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
She's the same age as the MC though, from what I've heard.

She's a year younger.

In any case, I dunno. I don't really find they're brotherly/sisterly like P4 Protag/Nanako situation.

MTC100

Banned
I feel like I am one of the only people in here that is planning on doing two playthroughs of the game, the first one just to build up my social stats and maybe a little bit of dates and what not, but then the second one to actually go through all of the social links.

My plan exactly and I guess there are a lot others too. You can't really max out everything and get all the Social Links done in a single run unless you use a perfect guide but that's not what I consider fun.

Bucca

We can all agree that Life Will Change (instrumental and vocal) is the best song

right

Jiraiza

I heard from some posts earlier that Ryuji gets better. But I have my doubts. He just seems like a typical anime character that annoys me. I didn't like Yusuke and other characters as much as Ryuji either, but over time, they all got better and I enjoyed spending time with them. Ryuji is the weakest link in the group by a wide margin.

I dislike him even more in September.

Well, in typical anime fashion, the designated bro character usually gets shoehorned into dumb comedic relief. He has a pretty great backstory, and I'm near the end of the 3rd dungeon, so I don't have any problems with him yet. Except for the fact that he thinks motorcycles are cooler than boats. Captain Kidd is like the coolest Personas so far, and he's a pirate! SMH

That said, I think he also got shafted with the Kamoshida arc anyway.
He didn't even get an apology from his confession, what's the deal with that?

Yusuke turning into best bro.

Yusuke shouldn't have let Ryuji off the hook for the shit he pulls. I'm glad he called his ass out.

Pretty telling Anne took responsibility while Ryuji deflected the blame despite being a part of it.

Wrapped up Palace 4 last night. Ann is still the MVP simply due to having Tarunda and Dormina.

I'm liking Futaba more than I expected to--having gone in mostly blind I didn't expect the family unit dynamic between Sojiro, Protag and her. It also makes me wish they didn't bother with a romance option for her. The thought of it is just weird.
Yea, she feels like a lil sister.

Well, in typical anime fashion, the designated bro character usually gets shoehorned into dumb comedic relief. He has a pretty great backstory, and I'm near the end of the 3rd dungeon, so I don't have any problems with him yet. Except for the fact that he thinks motorcycles are cooler than boats. Captain Kidd is like the coolest Personas so far, and he's a pirate! SMH

That said, I think he also got shafted with the Kamoshida arc anyway.
He didn't even get an apology from his confession, what's the deal with that?

I agree with everything you say. I know some people here have beef with Yousuke from Persona 4, but I actually really like Yousuke a lot more. Given a choice in real life, I'd rather hang out with someone like Yousuke than Ryuji, mainly because the latter can't seem to keep his voice down.

I liked Ryuji a lot starting the game, but as time went on, I just found all the other characters to be better.

With that said, Captain Kid is awesome. I like the design a lot, too.

Well, in typical anime fashion, the designated bro character usually gets shoehorned into dumb comedic relief. He has a pretty great backstory, and I'm near the end of the 3rd dungeon, so I don't have any problems with him yet. Except for the fact that he thinks motorcycles are cooler than boats. smh
Yeah I like Ryuji, he's a better bro then Junpei and Yosuke imo. Yeah he's a short tempered loud mouth, but he's got heart and passion and puts in work to get the job done. Agreed about the boat/motorcycle thing, he's got a fucking pirate persona that's awesome.

Majmun

I'm loving the game so far. But I'm getting annoyed by ths sp management and the long pre- and after battle transitions...

Bucca

I'm loving the game so far. But I'm getting annoyed by ths sp management and the long pre- and after battle transitions...

Level up Sojiro's confidant. And Takemi's for Invigorate 3 accessory.

If I could tell myself something when I first started the game, I'd tell myself to:

1. Get Guts stat up enough to start the Death Arcana confidante path (Doctor at the Clinic)
2. Raise that Confidante level up to 7
3. Save Y50,000 - 100,000 to get a couple of the SP Regen 3 accessories for my main cast
4. Go through Mementos a few times to raise money and buy more SP Regen 3 accessories

It makes going through the dungeons in 1 day possible and less stressful.

zulux21

My plan exactly and I guess there are a lot others too. You can't really max out everything and get all the Social Links done in a single run unless you use a perfect guide but that's not what I consider fun.

yup I am kind of just doing whatever i want, with a focus on building stats. I figured if I mostly focus on that it should be able to max them by the end... and even if i don't then if I use a guide it should be much easier to get everything done even if I make mistakes.

plus I want to dodge some damn chalk :p

Uh oh I have a bad feeling about one of the social links.
I have a feeling Mishima is going down a not so good path. I expect a twist by the end.

nOoblet16

5th dungeon can kind of go suck a dick.

So there are these three sort of mini bosses you have to fight for keycards who spawn with minions that increase in number with each fight, you can save in between but you have to make a long trek everytime to the safe room.

The first fight I get my turn first so it's fine, the 2nd fight one if the minion gets the first turn but I get one after...still fine. I start the third fight and 4/5 minions take turns and my party is either dead or close to it before I even get a chance.

The minions in all these fights have the exact same stats so why is it that I go first in one fight, one of them goes first in 2nd and 4/5 go first in third when their agility stat and mine have remained the same ?

Still I am hating this dungeon design.

Edit: I'm done with this part btw, so don't really need tips. I got 400 Yen for killing the last one...Lol awful !

convo

I remember Kamoshida's japanese voice to be really high, perhaps it fitted his nature but all i can think back on is the sound of a rubber duck getting put into a blender. Liking the english voice a lot more.Looking forward what future characters will sound like since i already heard all the jp voices from the 100 hours watching the jp launch streams as if that could stop me from playing the game myself. Ah the feeling of real emotions welling up inside me, i have some bad personal news to work through i know this game gets to where i need to be.

Bucca

I think it's
Mishima
but I'm not sure.

So am I over leveled in general or just in comparison to that particular enemy. It's just weird that they show you a number when it's not really accurate. Makes grinding a bigger chore than it should be.

In comparison to that enemy, I believe. If you Third Eye the shadow and it shows a white outline that's probably why. Yellow and Red are the best for leveling as they are at or above your level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom