• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Oh man, who is this sad looking quiet student in the first few days of school =[ I wanna give him a hug and have him join the team.

Tiny spoilers for the first hour or two
Does he become a named character? He's the one who you can ask where the roof is when Ryuji asks you to meet him up there.

FluxWaveZ

It says 20XX, but the next year the calendar matches up with is 2022.

The calendar matches up with dates in 2016. Speculation is that, had the game not been delayed and was released in 2014 or 2015, that's the year they would have gone with, like they had done for Persona 3 and Persona 4. But with the delay to 2016, they switched it to "20XX."

Considering some of the in-game references, I'd say it's probably supposed to be 2016.

Chaos17

Downloading Persons 5 know, cant wait too sink my teeth into it. I remember in Persona 4 Golden I grinded some things that wasn't that important, so any general tips or just go in blind, no spoilers off course?

I will give you tips so you won't feel frustrated like I'm,lol

1) Always buy books or rent dvd, they will give you 2-3 points per stats which is convenient because some stats like charm or kindness don't have many activities to level them up. Rent dvd only after completing dungeon.

2) Befriend "Death" confident, she will sell you at some point convenient accessories that will let you explore more dungeons.

3) Do dungeons asap, there is no point to delay them, so you can have all the time you want to do your social life without any restrain. Because there will be often story break during dungeon that will eat away your time.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cruising thru NG+ on Safety, and the goddamn fish you have to catch to get a trophy can suck my dick.

does the "improves training" on stuff like protein do anything?

If you drink it before working out at the gym (and maybe at home, I'm not sure) it gives you bonus HP/SP up.

Also wrong. It should be "Aren't you too tired to do this? You should go to bed."

At least they put that on an official t-shirt.

persona_ts_omote_.jpg

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
i dont watch a lot of TVs, but has there been commercial for P5 at all? it looks like one of those games thats hard to translate to commercial, especially in western amrket

daveo42

Banned
The calendar matches up with dates in 2016. Speculation is that, had the game not been delayed and was released in 2014 or 2015, that's the year they would have gone with, like they had done for Persona 3 and Persona 4. But with the delay to 2016, they switched it to "20XX."

This also matches to one of the easter eggs you can find:
Rise is now 20 and has a new album out, as told to you by the TV, making the year 2016 since P4 took place in 2011.

Royce McCutcheon

I have an odd view to hp training on hard mode, I've done zero training and I'm pretty much always in 2 shot range. But I can't give up these nights man, I gotta stay clean

Toki767

I think. In terms of characters as a group, I like Persona 4 more.

But in terms of individual characters, I like Persona 5 more.

Probably because
unlike in Persona 4 where Yukiko/Chie are best friends, Yosuke/Teddie live together, Yukiko/Chie/Yosuke/MC are all in the same class, Kanji/Naoto/Rise are all in the same class, I don't really get the sense that these characters would actually hang out with each other outside of the Phantom Thieves stuff.

Basically Akechi brought up the best point when he sees them together.

Sjefen

I will give you tips so you won't feel frustrated like I'm,lol

1) Always buy books or rent dvd, they will give you 2-3 points per stats which is convenient because some stats like charm or kindness don't have many activities to level them up. Rent dvd only after completing dungeon.

2) Befriend "Death" confident, she will sell you at some point convenient accessories that will let you explore more dungeons.

3) Do dungeons asap, there is no point to delay them, so you can have all the time you want to do your social life without any restrain. Because there will be often story break during dungeon that will eat away your time.

Thanks, these tips will help for sure.

It's been a long time since I liked a character as much as Yusuke

I'm on 6/12
everything with this characters feels right, his design is great,
his background is touching, he has weird personality that can lead to good lines or funny moments and his seiyuu is perfect. Also he seems great at fighting. And the fact that he got no house after his "father's" incident is touching to me

I was bummed that
his bunking with the MC only lasted an evening. Would have been a cool dynamic.

Oh man, who is this sad looking quiet student in the first few days of school =[ I wanna give him a hug and have him join the team.

Does he become a named character? He's the one who you can ask where the roof is when Ryuji asks you to meet him up there.

Rule of thumb is that if they get their own portrait then they are a character of some significance.

It works for a few things, like when your characters pause during play to chat a little, but I didn't think to try it on the battle screen. That's neat.

Ok, I need to try this stuff when I play next time. That's crazy I didn't know about this. Then again, this game has a lot of stuff in it.

9/12 - Damnit
I didn't know I actually cared about Morgana so much.
Fucking Ryuji asshole.

September Spoilers
I already thought he was stupid, but after these events, I find him to be even stupider and the worst character in the group. Again, if I had a choice to hang out with anyone in the group in real life, he'd easily be last on my list.

Both were at fault, imo
But that part is badly executed, continue to play further, I think it could've been handled a bit beter Morgana insecurities

September Spoilers
I personally think it's clear whose fault it is. True, Morgana can be abrasive, but he's at least useful and pretty amusing. Again, if there is a Morgana in real life and Ryuji in real life and I need to hang out with them, I'd easily be better off alone with Morgana. Ryuji is just dead weight. It's like having Ron Weasling as your party member, completely useless and annoying.

Curufinwe

Considering some of the in-game references, I'd say it's probably supposed to be 2016.

Heh, I didn't even think about going back.

Chaos17

Probably because
unlike in Persona 4 where Yukiko/Chie are best friends, Yosuke/Teddie live together, Yukiko/Chie/Yosuke/MC are all in the same class, Kanji/Naoto/Rise are all in the same class, I don't really get the sense that these characters would actually hang out with each other outside of the Phantom Thieves stuff.

I'm at chapter 5 (struggling to not get bored with dungeon) and I agree with you. Even their group events lack bonding or synergy in general.

Give him a hug, some painkillers and bandaids too.

Chaos17

September Spoilers
I personally think it's clear whose fault it is. True, Morgana can be abrasive, but he's at least useful and pretty amusing. Again, if there is a Morgana in real life and Ryuji in real life and I need to hang out with them, I'd easily be better off alone with Morgana. Ryuji is just dead weight. It's like having Ron Weasling as your party member, completely useless and annoying.

I know the feeling!
I've choosen to spend my free time with Ryugi in Hawai and omg, I wanted to yell at him so bad, lol Thank Yusuke did it for me.

Roughly how is far is the start of the 4th palace into the game?
Mid game

Setsu00

I really don't get why some characters in this game get portraits while other don't.

Why does Ann's rival from her S.Link get a portrait while Wakaba doesn't? Why does Nakanohara get one?! That guy's role was so utterly minor...

Me too especially since
he is not with the crew at school, that would catch up,
hope his s.link is great

His S.Link is fantastic, probably my favorite party member S.Link so far.

Probably because

I mean, they all have connections to each other, with the one exception being Yusuke.
Futaba and MC are de facto siblings since they are both being taken care of by Sojiro, Makotor, MC, Ann, and Ryuji all go to the same school and were connected to the first case. Morgana lives with the MC and plays a very similar role as Teddie. Also everyone fits into the 'outcast from society' theme that binds them all together. Haven't gotten to Haru yet so can't comment on her.
The connections are very similar to P4, with the exception of Yusuke who I do agree feels like the odd man out.

Chaos17

I mean, they all have connections to each other, with the one exception being Yusuke.
Futaba and MC are de facto siblings since they are both being taken care of by Sojiro, Makotor, MC, Ann, and Ryuji all go to the same school and were connected to the first case. Morgana lives with the MC and plays a very similar role as Teddie. Also everyone fits into the 'outcast from society' theme that binds them all together. Haven't gotten to Haru yet so can't comment on her.
The connections are very similar to P4, with the exception of Yusuke who I do agree feels like the odd man out.

Yusuke and Futaba are kinda threated by the group as "weirdos" while I just love them, lol
I like how Futaba show immediatly a lot of caring in general. It's thanks to her, that we chased early after Morgana.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Would anyone mind sharing any P4 references? Please spoiler tag too.

There's a Rise poster you can get from Ann in Harajuku, and put up in your room.

That poster also shows up in the train stations along with a poster of Kanami from Dancing all Night.

There's a mention of Naoto on the TV

Supposedly there's a Chie mention as well, but I didn't catch that one.

Uh. Why did Yusuke gift me
a nude statue
?

Because he's a very sensitive boy. (SNL Skit, no spoilers)

Toki767

Lot of statue in real life are
nude
and they're considered the greatest, don't take it bad. A lot of piece of art
nude

Yeah I know that. But it's like...what am I even supposed to do with it? Gift it back to him some time? lol

Do you spam x through dialogue? I don't understand how people are getting through this that fast

I read fast. I only really listen to voice overs if I like the person talking. Otherwise I'll skip the voice playing out since I can read the dialogue faster.

Dany

Banned
If I already have a persona, should I just talk to it to ask for money/items?

Is there a difference in the amount of EXP I get if I do an all out attack or talk to them?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
If I already have a persona, should I just talk to it to ask for money/items?

Is there a difference in the amount of EXP I get if I do an all out attack or talk to them?

If you talk to them and get them to leave or give you something you'll get next to no exp if you didn't kill any other personas prior to speaking to it.

Dany

Banned
If you talk to them and get them to leave or give you something you'll get next to no exp if you didn't kill any other personas prior to speaking to it.

Ok so talking to a persona won't reward me their exp. But I'll still be rewarded the exp of the enemies i've killed in that battle. Got it.

Will I receive exp if they become my persona?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Ok so talking to a persona won't reward me their exp. But I'll still be rewarded the exp of the enemies i've killed in that battle. Got it.

Will I receive exp if they become my persona?

It works the same if you receive them as your persona or if they retreat.

Yusuke and Futaba are kinda threated by the group as "weirdos" while I just love them, lol
I like how Futaba show immediatly a lot of caring in general. It's thanks to her, that we chased early after Morgana.
Haha, true.
To be fair Yusuke is a wierdo, but he does give me a chuckle every now and then. I do like Futaba a lot. Theyou did a great job on the characters this time around. I prefer Ryuji to Yosuke, Ann over Rise, Morgana is much less grating than Teddie (and I like Teddie), and Makoto is so cool. Yusuke is probably my least favorite but I still like him, sometimes he is just kind of there though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm just gonna put this out there, but one of the later dungeons is by far the worst in the game (IMO).

Also, I need help, December dungeon spoilers.

How am I supposed to get to the IT guy? The awesome atmosphere and music is being wasted on this backtrack-heavy corridor hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom