• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Okay. I've tried to avoid most of the pre-release stuff beyond the first trailer. So, uh, immediately after getting to the third dungeon, I can say that
Makoto
wins badass Persona user award of the game so far.

Yeah, people keep saying her persona awakening is an awesome scene... and it totally is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh man, who is this sad looking quiet student in the first few days of school =[ I wanna give him a hug and have him join the team.

Tiny spoilers for the first hour or two
Does he become a named character? He's the one who you can ask where the roof is when Ryuji asks you to meet him up there.
Everyone who has a character portrait has a name.

Weebos

Banned
I assume there won't be any additional DLC for this game, especially since it has been out in Japan for awhile.

Atlus doesn't do a lot of substantial story DLC anyway.

zulux21

end of palace 2 spoiler.

"should we let yusuke join?"
response "We have to many dudes"
Yusuke "should I wear a dress then?"

:p

Raxus

I'm in June and I haven't touched Mementos and I am still missing stuff. It is upsetting one of my social links is shut off completely at level 1.

zelhawks37

Okay. I've tried to avoid most of the pre-release stuff beyond the first trailer. So, uh, immediately after getting to the third dungeon, I can say that
Makoto
wins badass Persona user award of the game so far.
Yeah her persona awakening scene was fucking badass. Shes by far the sharpest member of the team so far too.

Yosuke over Ryugi for me because Ryugi is too much after "fame" during main story. He nearly blew it up during the free time in Hawaii trip. I can't like him anymore. I know he can be nice and cool like Kanji but that was just too much for me. He needs too cool off, same as Mishima.
For other characters for me I like them equaly and don't prefer other over another but Morgana role as mascot has been more fleshed out this time.
Yusuke is my bro in this game. I love his S-link.

September Spoilders
I agree. I went with his route too just because I wanted to be a "bro" and didn't feel good leaving Mishima and he alone. Unsurprisingly, Yusuke saved the event by being himself. Yusuke has been a big surprise for me throughout this game.

Every other character has been great, too. Morgana definitely grew on me. I like Teddy a lot, but I think Morgana may be better. When he leaves the party, a part of me was really sad and just cemented my dislike for Ryuji even more. Every time Ryuji says something really hurtful to Morgana, I noticed it and it comes back when Morgana decides to leave. You can argue that Morgana also said mean things to Ryuji up until that point, but seriously, if anyone said it about Ryuji and it's real life...I'd be inclined to agree with everything Morgana has said. You don't want someone like Ryuji being on your team and slowing you down.

I'm so glad I went on blackout for this game because the first time hearing this in the heist made me grin so much.

It's an awesome song. Really catchy the first time I heard it, too, and every time afterwards.

Conan-san

So I just came to this realisation:
(End of Dungeon 4 Spoilers, also the most Dad of jokes):
Futaba's Shadow is depicted as an egyptian princess half wrapped up in bandages and the treasure (Futuba)'s location (Prior to her just showing up in her own palace) was a sarcophagus.

This is because.

And you will groan when you realise it.

Futaba has MUMMY issues.

I...I'll see myself out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't originally care for Yusuke at all, but his comical levels of obliviousness has grown on me.
I think he legit thought he could move into Ann's house. After earnestly trying to get her naked for his entire arc.

I like Ann too, but she does come off a bit like a combo of a lot of other characters from Persona.

Cess007

Is that HP training stuff even worth doing? Kinda been focusing on stats and social links instead.

TBH, I've no idea. I just did it once, and got my HP went up 5 points. I guess that with a lot of focus there, I could be worth it, but at the expense of other stats or social links :/

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Futaba's Shadow is depicted as an egyptian princess half wrapped up in bandages and the treasure (Futuba)'s location (Prior to her just showing up in her own palace) was a sarcophagus.

This is because.

Futaba has MUMMY issues.

I...I'll see myself out.

i hate you

Opa-Pa

I fell into one of the silliest spoiler rabbit holes because of one of the songs people posted in here :/

Try not to hype up endgame stuff please, stuff like youtube comments of even video descriptions can ruin the game for someone.

This is because.

Futaba has MUMMY issues.

I...I'll see myself out.

The actual rat based bun they have in the game is worse.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
‪When I tap the PS4 touch pad to get answers for classes in Persona 5 I like to say I'm "Tapping into the morphogenetic fields,"‬ :p

I didn't originally care for Yusuke at all, but his comical levels of obliviousness has grown on me.
I think he legit thought he could move into Ann's house. After earnestly trying to get her naked for his entire arc.

I like Ann too, but she does come off a bit like a combo of a lot of other characters from Persona.

I don't think yusuke
swings that side of the fence

Angry Grimace

I don't think yusuke

I'm not far enough in to know, but he seems mostly just oblivious.

Then again, I thought the character arc with Kanji was crystal clear, but other people did not. PERSONA 4 -
It seemed beyond obvious to me that Kanji was straight but insecure in his masculinity (he expresses attraction to women all of the time in that game), but lots and lots of people still to this day believe he is gay. But I felt like his TV World was mostly reflected his turmoil over whether he was a "manly man."

I feel the same. I really like stuff about her, but she seems more ditzy and like a less fun Lisa Silverman.

supergiz

I just wanted to drop in again to say how much I love this game. I haven't experienced a passion for turn based jrpgs like this for quite some time. I'm about 50 hours in, and will definitely be doing a second playthrough.

PInk Tape

Banned
Devil rank 4 social link

Ohya, I get that you were trying to save your skin here but lying about dating a minor? Girl...

Edit: Just noticed the other ot for social links. Ah well I'll just leave this here and post there next time.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm not the only one here who addresses the principal as Humpty Dumpty, am I?

Every scene with him right up to the third dungeon I swear.

Totakeke

how do I get these 20th anniversary themes

I want my ps4 to play "life will change" when it turns on

Yeah. I'd love that theme, but even having another track I like playing on the theme would be nice. Did anyone ever compile what track plays with which DLC theme?

I think they mentioned it one time in the intro and never again until then lol

Several of the customers do actually call him boss iirc.

I don't think yusuke

I'm still wonder about that. I just started the 4th dungeon,
so far I've observed that he got really flustered when Ann started taking off her clothes during the master infiltration plan, and during any of the animated scenes where the boys are perving on Ann he's included. Just really really into Art over people, maybe. Since Jun it's like they're afraid to commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom