• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Haha, true.
To be fair Yusuke is a wierdo, but he does give me a chuckle every now and then. I do like Futaba a lot. Theyou did a great job on the characters this time around. I prefer Ryuji to Yosuke, Ann over Rise, Morgana is much less grating than Teddie (and I like Teddie), and Makoto is so cool. Yusuke is probably my least favorite but I still like him, sometimes he is just kind of there though.
Yosuke over Ryugi for me because Ryugi is too much after "fame" during main story. He nearly blew it up during the free time in Hawaii trip. I can't like him anymore. I know he can be nice and cool like Kanji but that was just too much for me. He needs too cool off, same as Mishima.
For other characters for me I like them equaly and don't prefer other over another but Morgana role as mascot has been more fleshed out this time.
Yusuke is my bro in this game. I love his S-link.

HMD

I just found out I unlocked a new area in the city...
Akihbara,
no introduction or anything I just found it there on my map.

5th dungeon can kind of go suck a dick.

So there are these three sort of mini bosses you have to fight for keycards who spawn with minions that increase in number with each fight, you can save in between but you have to make a long trek everytime to the safe room.

The first fight I get my turn first so it's fine, the 2nd fight one if the minion gets the first turn but I get one after...still fine. I start the third fight and 4/5 minions take turns and my party is either dead or close to it before I even get a chance.

The minions in all these fights have the exact same stats so why is it that I go first in one fight, one of them goes first in 2nd and 4/5 go first in third when their agility stat and mine have remained the same ?

Still I am hating this dungeon design.

Edit: I'm done with this part btw, so don't really need tips. I got 400 Yen for killing the last one...Lol awful !
I'm telling you, I had got it to the calling card part earlier just so I could be done with it. That palace sucked my will to play for a bit.

Lusankya

So. what's the best method to raise kindness? I know you can treat the flower in your room, but is there another activity that net +3 Kindness at once? Flower shop only gives +2 and reading books takes two time slots.

Weebos

Banned
So. what's the best method to raise kindness? I know you can treat the flower in your room, but is there another activity that net +3 Kindness at once? Flower shop only gives +2 and reading books takes two time slots.

Sojiro's Confidant raises Kindness +3 if you level it up.

Chaos17

I just noticed that 80% of my playtime is because of the story not because I actually played...

It's not a hangout place, it's fully explorable with shops and I think a new social link.

Oh wait, I just remember, you unlock that place because of Futaba link.
Remember that you gone over there because she wanted to buy something.

Flower shop sometimes gives 3
Only if you completer a customer order right otherwise it's 2.

Kinda funny how you don't join any school clubs in this game. I guess it wouldn't vibe with your outcast vibe.

Yeah, at first as I was kind of disappointed when I realized there were no clubs. But now I realize that I would never have been able to fit them in with all of the other activities. Plus, as you note, it doesn't fit with the character.

Chaos17

Yeah, at first as I was kind of disappointed when I realized there were no clubs. But now I realize that I would never have been able to fit them in with all of the other activities. Plus, as you note, it doesn't fit with the character.

I think it would've been nice so you could work toward getting liked by your schoolmates instead of staying as an outcast. "Oh look, the hero seems sems not to be a bad guy after all. His club can count on him".
With his bland yet cool personality I think that would've worked out.

HMD

Oh wait, I just remember, you unlock that place because of Futaba link.
Remember that you gone over there because she wanted to buy something.

That's a crappy introduction to be honest, no where near as awesome the
Red Light Destrict
introduction.

Jiraiza

What are you talking about? We're in the Go-Home club.

daveo42

Banned

I'm sure no one would have asked you to be in a club anyway since you're
totally a drug-dealing murderer that no one would ever want to associate with.
I'm actually glad for the shift in tone there and how it's worked into the story.

Another question about the calendar:

How many big chunks of free time are there between 9/20 and 12/24? I got 22 days now to beat the 5th palace. So if I'm quick I can use about 19 days. I remember vaguely P4G having a big extra chunk of free time just before the point of no return. I need to start planning what social links I want to focus on for the last part of the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
When the game tells you your bond won't deepen right now, does that mean you need to wait a while or hang out with them until they like you enough for it to?

TrueBlue

Randomly spawning Shadows are bullshit. I've just lost a decent amount of dungeon progress because I got ambushed by one that appeared right on top of me.

On that note, why the fuck do you lose of the MC becomes incapacitated? Surely you should be allowed to use a revive.

Fucking hell.

AkumaNiko

So I have guts close to lvl 4, Knowledge at 3 and Charm, kindness, prof at 2, im in first week of july, what can i do to streamline charm and kindness? Heading up on midterms, 3rd dungeon completed.

So I have guts close to lvl 4, Knowledge at 3 and Charm, kindness, prof at 2, im in first week of july, what can i do to streamline charm and kindness? Heading up on midterms, 3rd dungeon completed.

Dedicate Monday and thursday night to the bath spa to get easy improvement: for kindness either feed the plant or work at the flower shop. Kindness was the last one to be maxed for me. I had them all done by November so don't expect instant results.

Not going to say much as near end game but I appreciate how different it is to persona 3 and 4 yet keeps the tension just as high.

Toki767

Bath house on certain nights give +3 Charm.

Kindness is gained from taking care of the plant in your room.

AkumaNiko

Dedicate Monday and thursday night to the bath spa to get easy improvement: for kindness either feed the plant or work at the flower shop. Kindness was the last one to be maxed for me. I had them all done by November so don't expect instant results.

Not going to say much as near end game but I appreciate how different it is to persona 3 and 4 yet keeps the tension just as high.

Bath house on certain nights give +3 Charm.

Kindness is gained from taking care of the plant in your room.

OK thanks, i have been keeping an eye on my plants, i'll do the bath thing.

daveo42

Banned

Devil Confidant also gives 3 charm during rank up evenings if you have her unlocked. Sojiro also gives Kindness from rank ups too.

9/9 spoilers

Holy shit Yusuke randomly joining the conversation in Hawaii when he's not supposed to be here killed me. I love this character.

9/9 spoilers

Holy shit Yusuke randomly joining the conversation in Hawaii when he's not supposed to be here killed me. I love this character.

I love how cool yet kinda aloof his character is. The English VA really grew on me; can't believe it's the same actor as Spin-off Kanji.

Okay. I've tried to avoid most of the pre-release stuff beyond the first trailer. So, uh, immediately after getting to the third dungeon, I can say that
Makoto
wins badass Persona user award of the game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom